• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ryu: Cr.mp, cr.mp, cr.mk, tatsu

Why is the tatsu so frikkin random? When I FINALLY get cr.mk to land (wtf is this shit, 1 frame?), the tatsu will often completely miss.

What's going on?

Also, I'm having more fun with Ken now. Ridiculous.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm trying out Abel a bit and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do a close HP after forward kick>dash reliably. Anyone have any tips for getting the timing down?

XenoRaven

Thanks for the games hknishino. Sorry I cut them so short, but the lag was really getting to me.

Also, I learned I should not choose a character I picked up like two days ago in a laggy environment where I'm already losing with my main. You'd think I would have been able to figure that out beforehand, but I'm kinda slow, so there you go. =)

Anyway, it was fun. Maybe we'll try again some time, and it'll hopefully lag less.

EDIT: Ah yeah, I noticed that. I got real comfortable throwing fireballs after awhile. :lol I was laughing when I hit you with that Ultra through your fireball. It looked like I was so sweet and anticipated it, when it was just totally random.

Ysiadmihi said:
I'm trying out Abel a bit and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do a close HP after forward kick>dash reliably. Anyone have any tips for getting the timing down?

It's a one frame, plink dat ho

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
XenoRaven said:
Also, I learned I should not choose a character I picked up like two days ago in a laggy environment where I'm already losing with my main. You'd think I would have been able to figure that out beforehand, but I'm kinda slow, so there you go. =)
Yeah, don't blindly rush in on Chun-Li as Abel. She'll just tear you up.

XenoRaven

Hitokage said:
Yeah, don't blindly rush in on Chun-Li as Abel. She'll just tear you up.
Yeah. I don't think I'll have time to really sink my teeth into him before Super comes out. Maybe I'll still work on Abel in Super anyway. We'll see I guess.

FindMyFarms said:
It's a one frame, plink dat ho
That link just doesn't feel like it's one frame to me for some reason. I do some minimal Abel and find that to be pretty easy to time. I may start plinking with my boxer though for some jab jab jab sweeps.

Anywho, I think I'm going to try and learn how to play Viper. I just need to put some more work into learning her fierce feint fierce (I can do it fine on thumbstick, but it's a bit weird to me on stick). Also need to get some more practice in with the normal >SJC>Ultra.

Stantron

_dementia said:
apparently the grappler alt costume skins are free right now on XBL
grab them, maybe they're compatible with Super.
Nice. Here's the LINK. Get it while it's hot, duders.
Use the link, cause it won't show up free through xbox marketplace, or if you search the marketplace site.

Rotanibor

Yoshichan said:
Ryu: Cr.mp, cr.mp, cr.mk, tatsu

Why is the tatsu so frikkin random? When I FINALLY get cr.mk to land (wtf is this shit, 1 frame?), the tatsu will often completely miss.

What's going on?

Also, I'm having more fun with Ken now. Ridiculous.

It doesn't properly work on all characters. Its character specific. Though, I believe you can land it on some characters much more reliably if you do it off of a deep jump in attack.

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:
I saw this vid today and remembered your comment, here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFVpbqRSuo

And nice to see a Japanese player with a little emotion. Eita immediately gets up after winning and raises his middle finger to the crowd, at least it looked that way :lol

This video is shot from a diferent angle and shows that he was just giving the 'rock' sign, hehe.

Japanese players showing emotion is not that rare a thing in my experience, I think the way Daigo is gives people the wrong impression - he just happens to be quiet. The Gods Garden pics and vids are a good example showing that Japanese players usually make a lot of noise, show their feelings, and kid around.

V_Arnold

haunts said:
thanks for that. the daigo vs ryan hart match was insane holy shit!

Honestly, Daigo felt tired. Empty waiting for a focus? cant be possible...
And he did miss a lot more links than we have seen from him before... A LOT more.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
V_Arnold said:
Honestly, Daigo felt tired. Empty waiting for a focus? cant be possible...
And he did miss a lot more links than we have seen from him before... A LOT more.

oh come on, dont make excuses for him. He lost to one of the UK's best players -- it could have gone either way. LVL3 focus at that point is super risky, he probably just didnt expect Ryan Hart to....

LET IT RIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

V_Arnold

haunts said:
oh come on, dont make excuses for him. He lost to one of the UK's best players -- it could have gone either way. LVL3 focus at that point is super risky, he probably just didnt expect Ryan Hart to....

LET IT RIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not making excuses. He has lost to players before, as he will lose later on. All I am saying is that he was not his best at this event. That is all. And if you check the matches with eyes open, you will know that too ;)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
V_Arnold said:
Not making excuses. He has lost to players before, as he will lose later on. All I am saying is that he was not his best at this event. That is all. And if you check the matches with eyes open, you will know that too ;)

oh yeah well thats true. it's not like ive played sagat for like almost 2 years or anything so I probably have no clue whats going on anyway i just like to see daigo lose!!! yeah get out of here daigo with that tired gameplay!!!

edit: I jsut watched and he only missed a handful of times, one of those which I assume was an option select but who knwos for sure. I think what happened is he underestimated Ryan Hart. After the first match you see Daigo go into beast mode until pretty much the very end when Ryan Hart...

LET IT RIIIIIIIIIIP!!

V_Arnold

haunts said:
oh yeah well thats true. it's not like ive played sagat for like almost 2 years or anything so I probably have no clue whats going on anyway i just like to see daigo lose!!! yeah get out of here daigo with that tired gameplay!!!

Actually, you crushed me once on the Haunts vs World, I was the 1 bar Viper :D
But that is not the point -.-

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
Actually, you crushed me once on the Haunts vs World, I was the 1 bar Viper :D
But that is not the point -.-
yes, the point is that for two of three games, Ryan Hart was better than Daigo.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That first round with Daigo vs. Ryan Hart really looked like he was off, or going easy, I dunno...

I really thought he would've done something, anything than to take that risk with that focus attack - with Sagat's range he probably could have dashed backwards safely - but it is what it is... the end result is what matters most with the way these tourneys are set up anyways...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
Uhm, did I say he was not? Jeez, this anti-Daigo force is strong.
you can speculate on Daigo's condition, but at the same time someone could say Hart was not at the top of his game either. so why bother? there's no point in trying to downplay the result if you accept it.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
you can speculate on Daigo's condition, but at the same time someone could say Hart was not at the top of his game either. so why bother? there's no point in trying to downplay the result if you accept it.

When did you see me downplaying the win? He was awesome. That is it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
When did you see me downplaying the win? He was awesome. That is it.
"All I am saying is that he was not his best at this event. That is all. And if you check the matches with eyes open, you will know that too ;)"
"Honestly, Daigo felt tired. Empty waiting for a focus? cant be possible... "

an alternative interpretation is that you're simply stating the truism 'if daigo played perfectly, he would have won'.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
"All I am saying is that he was not his best at this event. That is all. And if you check the matches with eyes open, you will know that too ;)"
"Honestly, Daigo felt tired. Empty waiting for a focus? cant be possible... "

an alternative interpretation is that you're simply stating the truism 'if daigo played perfectly, he would have won'.

Well, obviously, the "what if" game is likeable or not depending if you cheer for one side, but I dont care about that. Simple as that, you can delude yourself into thinking "if Daigo was not his best, maybe Ryan wasnt his best either". Yeah, do that, but that was not my point. I just noticed he was playing worse than before, that is all. I do not care who his opponent was, it could have been a casual play against a blind Dan, but that mistakes would be just as obvious as they are now against Ryan.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
Well, obviously, the "what if" game is likeable or not depending if you cheer for one side, but I dont care about that. Simple as that, you can delude yourself into thinking "if Daigo was not his best, maybe Ryan wasnt his best either". Yeah, do that, but that was not my point. I just noticed he was playing worse than before, that is all. I do not care who his opponent was, it could have been a casual play against a blind Dan, but that mistakes would be just as obvious as they are now against Ryan.
:lol

I hear Sagat jump in roundhouse is so S-rank against Ryu.

I really cant recall ever seeing Daigo in a tournament where he didn't have messed up rounds or where he didn't drop links. You make it sound like the only reason why he'd ever make a mistake and lose is if there was some other mitigating factor effecting his performance. Seeing Daigo fall for a mindgame or drop a link over an internet stream isn't strong evidence for his condition, he might be tired. he might not. ryan might be tired, he might not. there isn't reason enough to say for either case.

on that note, he seemed to be doing well enough in his other master series videos.

V_Arnold

I do not really want to argue with you, especially seeing the distance you went to somehow insert some "random" factor to FPS's in the current "Fighters are too complex, rawr" thread.... posting observations from one's gameplay has no effect on the other player's play, so please.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
I do not really want to argue with you, especially seeing the distance you went to somehow insert some "random" factor to FPS's in the current "Fighters are too complex, rawr" thread.... posting observations from one's gameplay has no effect on the other player's play, so please.
:lol
so yeah, you love daigo longtime.
sorry he lost.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, do they send it outside UK?

Yoshichan

Oh my :lol n/m by the way, just checked. 2.78usd in my bank currently... jesus!

Imm0rt4l

I'm pretty sure ryan hart beat beat daigo at evo during casuals last year, I don't see this performance to be such a big deal. You win some you lose some. *shrugs.

Wiseblade

So, In preparation of super, I decided to stop putting it off and finally learn the RSF. I've made a couple attempts, but never stuck at it for long. This time, I'm determined to get it down. So after practicing for the past couple of days, I gotten two hits pretty consistently, but always seem to be too late to land the third. Anyone got any advice?

Leunam

Imm0rt4l said:
I'm pretty sure ryan hart beat beat daigo at evo during casuals last year, I don't see this performance to be such a big deal. You win some you lose some. *shrugs.

Yep. Daigo has lost matches before, much to the internets disbelief. I hear it's even documented on Youtube.

Grifter

Wiseblade said:
So, In preparation of super, I decided to stop putting it off and finally learn the RSF. I've made a couple attempts, but never stuck at it for long. This time, I'm determined to get it down. So after practicing for the past couple of days, I gotten two hits pretty consistently, but always seem to be too late to land the third. Anyone got any advice?
My advice would be to stop because I doubt RSF lives in Super, at least in its current state.

Wiseblade

Grifter said:
My advice would be to stop because I doubt RSF lives in Super, at least in its current state.
I doubt it's leaving. Capcom knew it was in the arcade release and let it go to consoles, and people have used it in early builds of super.

People forget how talented Ryan Hart is.

edit - He's up there with most top 8 finishes at evo, but not the highest amount. Nuki owns most top 8 finishes with 12.

Top Bottom