• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
YakiSOBA said:
Did capcom say anything about online mode in SSF4, like better netcode or faster ways to get games?
hey have, its not ggpo but its 'improved', lobbies are in, team battles are in, assorted other stuff i cannot recall. there will be some sort of free DLC tournament mode too.

KajunW

Rice-Eater said:
Alioune got dominated by Daigo's Ryu but he did well against Fuudo's Ryu. But then Fuudo beat Daigo in not just the finals, but also a money match. Geesh it's like rock, paper, scissors it seems. Oh and Eita owns Sagat's so hard. Well not just him, Momochi and Tokido do there share as well.

It just shows that the transitive property, like in most head to head games/sports, does not necessarily apply in Street Fighter. "Player A beats player B" does not necessarily imply "Player A is better than player B".

I'm surprised Fuudo beat Daigo 10-6 in the money match; it seems that Daigo comes up on top during most of their matches in Japan. But Fuudo didn't actually beat Daigo in the finals though, he won the tournament by taking one set from Daigo (it was 1-1 in sets, and 6-4 in games to Daigo).

Alioune really is a good player. He may not be as versatile as Ryan Hart (it's amazing how he finishes top at any fighting game he plays), but for what it's worth, I remember he dominated online Street Fighter Alpha 3 (ggpo/2df) with his Gen play. So, he seems to have an allround talent for Street Fighter in him.

XenoRaven

Hmm...don't know if this is the sort of you guys do, but I'm gonna be on a business trip in San Diego this weekend. If anyone in the area wants to play Street Fighter with a random stranger, I'll be down there with nothing to do Friday and Saturday night.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I think I might be getting a bit better at SF4, just a bit. Also, going back to my boy Ken. Flame on!
Still can't fadc ultra to save my life though. :lol

Love Kadey's new AV...

And Haunts...sorry bro, I already called dibs on FMF on PSN w SSFIV. You have a Filipinochamp, Younglegend, Magus1234, Dary (lol), Ricky Ortiz, etc to choose from.

And there's always so much crap talking but nothing ever happens.

We never got the Dr2K vs. Find. No Timedog vs. whoever.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I beat Coolio 10-4.

9uwuag.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
He beat me 0-3 at first. But he was a good sport. I am a very inconsistent player but at my peak, you can see me do stuff like I do in my combo videos. I usually just play for fun and hardly am ever serious so whatever.

Yes.

This almost makes me want to play again.

What does?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kadey said:
What do you mean?

You're probably largely combo-heavy. I'm the complete opposite. I'm poke based as much as possible. I'd love to see Haohmaru in SF, that should tell you something.

Rice-Eater said:
More WCG videos, this time FT5 matches between Europes finest Alioune and Ryan Hart against Daigo and Eita. Oh and I must say, the rape Eita lays down on Sagat is scary as hell. These are arguably the 2 best Sagat's outside of Japan and Eita just proceeds to rush that shit down.

Thank you for the updates.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
arstal said:
You're probably largely combo-heavy. I'm the complete opposite. I'm poke based as much as possible. I'd love to see Haohmaru in SF, that should tell you something.

Then you should love ST/HDR. Both SFIV and HDR are my favorite standard SF games and are completely different from one another. Trying to do flashy combos is what gets me killed a lot instead of going for simple stuff.

anybody up for some matches on PSN? 'Just got my HRAP back with new buttons and stick; i wanna test it out

edit: grats on the win over coolio, kadey, though I half admit that i wanted to see your rendition of gangsta's paradise :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
black_vegeta said:
Where's Timedawg been, haven't seen his mug around these parts in a minute?

My xbox disc drive that I just got a few months ago broke :(. I'm too lazy to take it back to best buy.

Wiseblade

YES! I did it! After a year of owning SFIV and four days of practice, I have finally landed 3 hits of the RSF!

However, this is just the beginning. Now I have to train to get the timing down perfect and get more hits. But for now, I have finally become a "Real" El Fuerte player! :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kadey said:
Then you should love ST/HDR. Both SFIV and HDR are my favorite standard SF games and are completely different from one another. Trying to do flashy combos is what gets me killed a lot instead of going for simple stuff.

I do love that game, minus it's flaws. Sirlin couldn't fix everything that was wrong with SF2.

Top Bottom