• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
the_log_ride said:
edit: grats on the win over coolio, kadey, though I half admit that i wanted to see your rendition of gangsta's paradise :lol

Thanks. I just had to make it more interesting.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Majestros said:
Like what??

(Them's fightin' words!)

Honda's design in general- any character where the biggest factor in winning and losing is in the character select screen is a lame character. Untechable looping mash throws.

Those are the two big problems to me.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Kaako said:
I think I might be getting a bit better at SF4, just a bit. Also, going back to my boy Ken. Flame on!
Still can't fadc ultra to save my life though. :lol

I preformed my first FADC Ultra with Sagat ever last week in a REAL online match! I was super freaking pumped, I let out a hells yeah in my living room! :lol

... Now if only I could pull that off consistently I wouldn't be losing 7 out of 10 matches in G2. I've yet to make it into a final match. Winning four games in a row in G2 seems like an insurmountable task for me. The best I've ever done is made it into a Sem-Final match. I'll be happy if I could just start finishing runner-up in a few G2 matches here and there.

I feel like I've made some improvements in my game though. I've started limiting my jump-ins... because I was getting nailed and punished over and over. So that's helped, as well as working on my zoning using safe Tiger Shots. I think I just need to work on my anti-air (jump-ins still killing me) and linking a few FADC Ultras here and there.

Also does anyone else have this problem?
I CANNOT freaking the QCFx2 (Ultra) from the left side of the screen! It is SUPER pissing me off. I can do it from the right side, everytime, all the time. But for whatever reason I cannot freaking do the motion from the left side, it always comes out as Tiger Knees! Grr, so frustrating!

I might have to hold off on being on anyone's online team, too much roommate streamin goin down for smooth games T_T

And o_0 at Eita beastin on Sagats.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Adam Prime said:
I preformed my first FADC Ultra with Sagat ever last week in a REAL online match! I was super freaking pumped, I let out a hells yeah in my living room! :lol

... Now if only I could pull that off consistently I wouldn't be losing 7 out of 10 matches in G2. :(
Damn homie, I would've done the exact same thing! :lol
I've done Ryu's fadc ultra only in offline but seem to miss the dash dash at the end of the srk online. Too lazy to go in practice mode and tighten execution.

Edit: One thing I'm godlike at is back to back Ultra's though. I go for them every single time and get em 98% of the time. I sometimes fuck up and forget that some ultra's beat my character's like hitting Gen's ultra right after Akuma's. Then I laugh my ass off.

Adam Prime said:

... Now if only I could pull that off consistently I wouldn't be losing 7 out of 10 matches in G2. I've yet to make it into a final match. Winning four games in a row in G2 seems like an insurmountable task for me. The best I've ever done is made it into a Sem-Final match. I'll be happy if I could just start finishing runner-up in a few G2 matches here and there.

Grats man... Let's get some more matches in ... You'll be baggin' those championships in G2 in no time

Adam Prime said:
Also does anyone else have this problem?
I CANNOT freaking the QCFx2 (Ultra) from the left side of the screen! It is SUPER pissing me off. I can do it from the right side, everytime, all the time. But for whatever reason I cannot freaking do the motion from the left side, it always comes out as Tiger Knees! Grr, so frustrating!

When something like this would happen to me, I'd just head into training mode with the input display turned on. Just see what you're doing, and correct it. 'Helped me out when I was flubbing Dhalsim's IAT from right side.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so yeah, this might seem silly, but i have a really hard time jumping correctly on stick. :(

i missspace crossups so that they whiff completely or i vertical jump and land on fireballs when im trying to jump forward. >_>

anyone else ever have that problem when switching from pad?

FindMyFarms said:
I might have to hold off on being on anyone's online team, too much roommate streamin goin down for smooth games T_T

And o_0 at Eita beastin on Sagats.

We can kick Tomo out and you can b with Gootecks and me when you're done streaming on your roomates or w/e.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
EraldoCoil said:
played a random Championship game against Adam_Prime! first time i ever randomly matched up with a GAFfer :D

gg Adam!

Hey man if we ever meet in a Final, I'm demanding right here right now that you throw the fight so I can gain some GP! :lol

Good games man, I'll get better with that Blanka matchup in no time!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Grifter said:
whoa, online teams? that sounds fun!

was kadey/coolio a money match? :)

I already said what I would do if I were to lose. It's up to Haunts to figure out what COOLIO should do since he was the instigator. :lol

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
You can't decide the terms of a wager after you win! See, this is what happens when Watson isn't around to teach the kids how to gamble properly.

Btw who's that in your av and why did she replace Daigo? Shouldn't it be the French national flag or at least Zidane headbutting Daigo?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Decide what? He never really agreed to anything.

And what's wrong with my av? It's just me being happy. I was going to add Daigo in too but that would be too much. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BotoxAgent said:
i'm gonna start my own team--my only requirement is that you main a female character, lol

I'm calling my team Dem Legs :D

I'm going to start my own team too!

Only requirement... You are a female.

<3

No really, after I play some Yakuza 3 tonight I'm gonna jump on PSN and get that SF4 on son...

EDIT: I need a haircut.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
its cuz of me huh? sorry daigo

You're like Anthony Anderson while Daigo is like Donnie Yen. :lol

Bunch of sore losers and winners tonight on PSN. Had a good match with an Abel but forgot to record. !@#$@!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:

Bunch of sore losers and winners tonight on PSN. Had a good match with an Abel but forgot to record. !@#$@!

But I grew my hair out for you ;(

I'll bust ya up in SF4. I'm the ladies champion after all.

Let's go to PAX east.

You know you're gonna want the special 'stuff' there. :)

KuroNeeko

Kadey said:

:lol

Hey guys, I'm a terribad G3 player who mains Claw mostly because he's mobile, seems like he has good pokes, doesn't have need a lot of combos and has an awesome laugh when he wins. I used to play Chun but with her becoming even better in SSFIV, I don't know if I'll stick with her.

Anyways, I've always been interested in playing Rose since it looks like she has good pokes and a decent defensive game but I keep getting owned. It seems like most of her attacks (when I play her) are nullified by the opponent guarding low and I can't get in close enough to throw without eating a DP, scissor legs, crouching RH, etc. Any hints on playing with Rose in general? Is she not beginner friendly? I don't know, I feel like she's really well-balanced but I can't seem to bring out her potential...

Kadey said:

Markman is hilarious and Daigo likes to pretend fight? :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Oh wow Kadey vs Coolio happened. hahha

Good shit to both players for making it happen!!!

Congrats kadey for winning, coolio, this hsould give you the fire to get back in the lab.

alright..

WHOSE NEXT!?!

Top Bottom