• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

2DMention said:
There's only a total of 4 people that signed up for the Tournament at the Gamestop near me.

Not surprised, my store just put their sign up sheet out yesterday. I was the first to sign up but I have no idea if anyone else has.

Guled

2DMention said:
There's only a total of 4 people that signed up for the Tournament at the Gamestop near me.
i'm sure that more people will sign up when they pick the game up, if not then you should have an easy time

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
My first ever tourney opponent was John Choi.

I won the first round then got perfected four straight rounds.

The gamestop near me has about 20 people signed up as of yesterday. THe manager said he's talking to the movie theatre next door to see about having the tournament on one of their 60 foot DLP screens. It'll be AWESOME if that actually pans out!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
The gamestop near me has about 20 people signed up as of yesterday. THe manager said he's talking to the movie theatre next door to see about having the tournament on one of their 60 foot DLP screens. It'll be AWESOME if that actually pans out!
DLP is notorious for input lag. Someone should test it out first.

SapientWolf said:

From my experience(not with SFIV of course) DLP is better than LCD or plasma in terms of input lag. there are many factors of course and it may not always end up that way.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I know this is a stupid question but how do the DLC costumes work if you're playing online? In my head it would only make sense that you would see the DLC costumes in an online match if you already had them stored on your own HD. Are they all already in the shipped game but just need to be unlocked by paying?

Also, how are the tunes in this game? Are they all new tracks or remixed classic tunes?

Sorry for the noob questions. I've tried to keep myself media free just before release. :D

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
akumadiavolo said:
From my experience(not with SFIV of course) DLP is better than LCD or plasma in terms of input lag. there are many factors of course and it may not always end up that way.
As a rule of thumb, you should stay away from DLP sets if you plan on playing a lot of timing-sensitive video games.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=558125

Rock Band 2 and the guitar come with an automatic calibrator that can detect the amount of lag. I've seen reports as high as 120ms (about 7 frames).

GQman2121

Banned
Apparently Baltimore Gamestops are not cool enough to get their TE pre-orders in on time. But if you live and pre-ordered at any of the ten Philadelphia stores, feel free to come and pick yours up now.

I'm really confused now.......

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
henhowc said:
I know this is a stupid question but how do the DLC costumes work if you're playing online? In my head it would only make sense that you would see the DLC costumes in an online match if you already had them stored on your own HD. Are they all already in the shipped game but just need to be unlocked by paying?

Also, how are the tunes in this game? Are they all new tracks or remixed classic tunes?

Sorry for the noob questions. I've tried to keep myself media free just before release. :D

Probably just unlock keys for customes.

LordK

henhowc said:
:D

Pretty sure they're shipped on the disc and you buy an unlock key when you give Capcom more money.

Dizzy-4U

Sorry guys, this probably have been answered 100 times (I can't get here often for a few more days) but...

How's the online play holding up? Is at least playable or the lag kills it?

RedAssedApe

Banned
copybeaver said:
Pretty sure they're shipped on the disc and you buy an unlock key when you give Capcom more money.

So what if they release new costumes that aren't on the disk already? Will that mean you won't be able to play with certain ppl online if they chose a costume? Or maybe they won't let you select the alternates? Which kind of defeats the purpose if no one is willing to buy them. :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dizzy-4U said:
Sorry guys, this probably have been answered 100 times (I can't get here often for a few more days) but...

We'll be able to answer this better after the 18th.

henhowc said:
So what if they release new costumes that aren't on the disk already? Will that mean you won't be able to play with certain ppl online if they chose a costume? Or maybe they won't let you select the alternates? Which kind of defeats the purpose if no one is willing to buy them. :lol

Something like that would be a patch that adds the costumes, then adds new unlock keys.

LordK

henhowc said:
So what if they release new costumes that aren't on the disk already? Will that mean you won't be able to play with certain ppl online if they chose a costume? Or maybe they won't let you select the alternates? :lol

If people are playing online, they could just release a patch that makes everyone download the costumes. Then if people want to use them... buy more unlock keys. :p

RedAssedApe

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:

I'd like to know how it holds up against HD Remix as well. HD Remix on XBL was great for the most part. PSN seemed a little more spotty.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
copybeaver said:
If people are playing online, they could just release a patch that makes everyone download the costumes. Then if people want to use them... buy more unlock keys. :p

How they do it with hot shots is to just have everyone d/l a patch.

Barrett2

I just picked up a few of the Fight Pads at Gamestop.

Chun Li for the PS3, Ken for 360.

Even though I won't have a stick, at least I have these for Wednesday. :D

SapientWolf said:

My DLP has a "GAME" setting which has vastly improved input lag. Just make sure that it is on that setting.

I've noticed nothing perceptible in all my 100s of matches on Turbo HD, but then again I am no expert in electronics and don't know how well my eyes are at percieving such things.

Darkman M

Dizzy-4U said:

3 bars or more and online is silky smooth for the most part capcom did an excellent job with the netcode.

Wrath2X said:
Im not buying an arcade stick or any mad catz pad,so all I want to know:

Dual Shock 3 or XBox 360 controller?

After playing close to 100 games using the 360 controller, use the DS3. the 360 controller makes me not even want to play the damn game!

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Ok, finally got back from LA. Launch part was crazy and I'm sure you've all read about the crazyness already. Just wanted to post a few pics of the set up and just say sorry to those that didn't get in. Capcom did not expect roughly around 4,000 people to show up, they actually only expected 1,200. At one point in the night I heard there was 2,000 people inside. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that Street Fighter is back and in a hardcore way.

Sorry for the low quality pics, taken with my iphone.

My signed Copy from Ono-san

nog1v4.jpg

Before the event artists painting arcade cabinets

2a62r6o.jpg

2eqckz8.jpg

2uf68fs.jpg

The set up

2qjwwwp.jpg

wb75he.jpg

30l08zn.jpg

Vip area

2dbsd51.jpg

Crazyness

fcjzig.jpg

LordK

Haha someone sent him a message on XBL telling him to stop using Ken and he just deleted it.

EDIT: He's using Ryu now!

dfyb

Banned
gutter_trash said:
for realz, Bison, Honda, Barlog, Blanka power for me
i got a chance to play Honda last night. i didn't get a chance to really get used to the charges though... timing felt weird compared to ST. beat a rufus though :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess all the Shoto's aren't bothering me since I'll probably be one myself. Depends on how I feel after getting my hands on Viper and Rose.

Top Bottom