• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC

Banned
_dementia said:

If that's real, then

wk2w0j.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My Akuma is getting better than the rest of the cast, at least he's more annoying. Must jump back on the Hoshi bandwagon!

f8nra.gif

XenoRaven said:
Ok. I'm not a huge fan of counterpicking, but if you know multiple characters, then I can't see a lot of reasons why you shouldn't take advantage of that. But that was just retarded. I think players should at least state who they're going to pick beforehand. That was some bullshit.

Mike Ross locked in his character before Mr. SNK did, though.

XenoRaven said:
Ok. I'm not a huge fan of counterpicking, but if you know multiple characters, then I can't see a lot of reasons why you shouldn't take advantage of that. But that was just retarded. I think players should at least state who they're going to pick beforehand. That was some bullshit.

Mr. SNK played pretty crappy though.

the reason why this is funny is because Mike Ross mains Honda and Mr.SNK picked Honda expecting a mirror than Mike Ross went for Sagat right away for the counter pick :lol

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMDeSOTli6E

Nemo is back yo!!! :D

And I think I remember that match when Gootecks beat Wong. I think that was Sinsation (Combofiend beat Wong in that tournament too, if i remember right). But that was way back when SFIV was new, and West Coast still had a bit of an edge. I think that lit a fire under Justin's ass to work harder, and that he did.

XenoRaven

DryEyeRelief said:
Mike Ross locked in his character before Mr. SNK did, though.
I thought once you locked in your character and got to the color select, you weren't able to back out. Is that only online or something? Or am I just totally imagining that?

BotoxAgent said:

And I think I remember that match when Gootecks beat Wong. I think that was Sinsation (Combofiend beat Wong in that tournament too, if i remember right). But that was way back when SFIV was new, and West Coast still had a bit of an edge. I think that lit a fire under Justin's ass to work harder, and that he did.

Good to see him back after being married.

Now, we just need Iyo to return back to some of these major events.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:

Nemo! He was my main source of Chun encouragement when I was sick of my friend just SHORYUKENing me with Ken and Ryu constantly. Good to see him still being nasty. I've never seen close mk used as an anti-air like that before. So awesome.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
My Akuma is getting better than the rest of the cast, at least he's more annoying. Must jump back on the Hoshi bandwagon!

f8nra.gif

2 things:

1. I love the gifs you make :D
2. sweep after LK tatsu ;)

prodystopian said:
Why? I've seen guys mix up the sweep and the shoryu after l tatsu in the same match even. What is the reason to use one or the other?

sweep leads untechable knockdown, i think...so it sets u up better for vortex shenanigans.

vegeta - I think Iyo is playing at Nationals

Does anyone know if Nuki still playing? Glad to see Nemo back for sure, but Nuki is still my favorite Chun player.

hitsugi

prodystopian said:
Why? I've seen guys mix up the sweep and the shoryu after l tatsu in the same match even. What is the reason to use one or the other?

it was already explained but yeah, sweep = untechable knockdown = vortex

plus, for the most part Akuma completely rapes viper after a knock down.

BotoxAgent said:
Does anyone know if Nuki still playing? Glad to see Nemo back for sure, but Nuki is still my favorite Chun player.

I believe he still does, if you live in Florida or near there then you can have a chance to meet and play him because he along with 4 other Japaneses(Daigo, Mago, Momochi, Issei) will be going there for the big GAMME tournament in June. There will be a big 5v5 match between Japan and Empire Arcadia's top 5 or a American team that can beat Empire Arcadia's top 5 to take there place.

With Chun all powered up for SSF4, Nemo and Nuki will be even bigger threats then they were before when they were already top 10 players.

Rice-Eater said:
I believe he still does, if you live in Florida or near there then you can have a chance to meet and play him because he along with 4 other Japaneses(Daigo, Mago, Momochi, Issei) will be going there for the big GAMME tournament in June. There will be a big 5v5 match between Japan and Empire Arcadia's top 5 or a American team that can beat Empire Arcadia's top 5 to take there place.

With Chun all powered up for SSF4, Nemo and Nuki will be even bigger threats then they were before when they were already top 10 players.

holy shit!! makes me wanna take a road trip to florida just to see that.

toneroni

Wow, seems like a great 5v5!

Sooo i haven't played SF4 in months, got on it the other day and was spanked lol.
Tough to learn stick if I keep taking weeks off :lol

prodystopian said:

Since it's an untechable knock down, you know exactly when they'll get up so you can time your cross up hurricane kick, or dive kick, or whatever, right when they wake up every time.

With DP though, they can quick rise or stay knocked down, meaning if you did a cross up tatsu assuming they were going to quick rise and they stayed down instead, then you just missed you're knock down mix up. You have to guess when they'll get up, meaning your mix up won't be guaranteed.

prodystopian said:

Thanks for the answers guys. Looking at the numbers, I see the difference in stun is 0 and the shoryu does 80 points more damage, so to finish a round, it might be preferred. But the sweep leads into dat vortex.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
2 things:

1. I love the gifs you make :D
2. sweep after LK tatsu ;)

Thanks. I have hundreds of them. Of course, I can't post them all at once. I play every single character so I have at least a couple for each.

Case in point,

vqo7ea.gif

Coolio, victim of the double demon. :lol
1znmooj.gif

It's like prod said, I was going for the kill. Not any kind of setup. In actuality, I was trying to fadc into flaming fireball but did not have meter. I'm well aware of the tatsu, c.hk strategy.

I noticed when Eita was raping dem Sagats, most of his combos ended with a sweep, and they hardly had any answer for the most of the things he did after. I am amazed at his decision making, he knows exactly how to end his combos and what to follow up.

Kadey said:
Thanks. I have hundreds of them. Of course, I can't post them all at once. I play every single character so I have at least a couple for each.

Coolio, victim of the double demon. :lol
1znmooj.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS!!!!!!!!!!!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The Akuma matchup is one of my favorites when using Dhalsim. Unlike the rest of the shotos, I can yoga flame on Akuma's wakeup and he can't do a damn thing about it (most of the time).

It made for some pretty hilarious corner rape a few times. I chalk it up mostly to online play, though. I'm not sure if it would work as well against someone more knowledgeable since when playing offline with a pretty decent Akuma he didn't fall for it that much. All you gotta do is dp at the right time. Do it at the wrong time, though, and you get set on fire.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I would love to but the capturing died during the ordeal twice. Only caught stuff here and there. It's a mess. I should have recorded match by match but I let the whole thing run from the beginning; took like 35 minutes. I thought the last match was good too since I was just warming up with Hoshi. Some tick throws, feet to face and cross up hurricane on my part.

Kadey said:
I would love to but the capturing died during the ordeal twice. Only caught stuff here and there. It's a mess. I should have recorded match by match but I let the whole thing run from the beginning; took like 35 minutes. I thought the last match was good too since I was just warming up with Hoshi. Some tick throws, feet to face and cross up hurricane on my part.

When I record with my Hauppauge, the thing drops the signal a lot on me...don't know why (there are times when my screen goes blank, and I cant see and lose), i don't know if u have similar problems as me. It's frustrating. I had some epic moments with Gaffers but my pvr choked :-(. Anyway, good shit vs coolio.

and does anyone know french here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1e_BgswNmw

Wiseblade

One of these days I'll have to fight Kadey. Always coming in here flaunting her GIFs...

Yes, I'm still bitter about the Mr. Bean comment!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wiseblade said:
One of these days I'll have to fight Kadey. Always coming in here flaunting her GIFs...

Yes, I'm still bitter about the Mr. Bean comment!

I think Dan Hardy is cute.

Yeah. That PVR is the one I have and so does thousands of fighting gamers. It's the most popular. Timekiller recommended it to me and I did the same for a bunch of people whom asked me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so dear fuerte players,

how the hell do I execute his grab after a random wall jump/flip ? :[

Top Bottom