• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

hitsugi

Kadey said:
It's like prod said, I was going for the kill. Not any kind of setup. In actuality, I was trying to fadc into flaming fireball but did not have meter. I'm well aware of the tatsu, c.hk strategy.

I figured :D I guess I just sweep unless I'm positive.. especially after choking against Wong and ending a combo with a strong DP instead of fierce which left Wong with just enough health to kill me.

Daigo interview up @ Capcom Unity

linky

Do you have a protege? Do you have a rival?

I don't have any protégé per se. I've never taught a particular player on a regular basis. But I do not hide anything from other players. I openly share my knowledge and wisdom with other players when they come up to me and ask me a question on how they can improve their gameplay. In terms of rival, in this large fighting game community, I don't have any specific set of players in my mind. Those whom I consider a rival change each game and each match. During a match, an opponent showcases his skills and spirit, and we create a great game together. That's my rival.

What is your monthly arcade bill?

My monthly arcade bill differs quite a bit from before when I was younger and nowadays. I now spend about 10000 yen or about $100 per month when I'm not competitively practicing for a tournament, and 30000 yen when I'm intently practicing. But before, it was in the range of 50000 and 60000 yen all the time whether a tournament is coming up or not.

Corky said:
so dear fuerte players,

how the hell do I execute his grab after a random wall jump/flip ? :[

First: Your avatar lol

Second: Not quite understanding your question.

If you jump off the wall you have a few options.

A) Jump and just hit the guy with a normal jump attack like a fierce punch just by jumping off the wall then hitting your fierce punch.
B) Jumping and body splashing - Jump off the wall and then hit the direction you are splashing too and the Medium Punch button at the same time.. You can control distance after you hit that by using the directional buttons
C) Jumping and doing a fajita buster - Jump off like the splash but hit fierce punch and the directional button at the same time then you can control the distance with the dpad after that.
D) Jump and grab someone mid air.. (If the opponent is jumping in the air you can wall bounce then jump and use your throw command (lp + lk) and it will grab him like any standard air throw.

I also have a Hauppauge 1212 HD PVR. Video quality is really good. No problems with the signal dropping. I would recommend it. If you have a mac the Eyetv software is really really nice for it.

Btw, didn't I read something about some dvd being released with some of the top japanese players doing a tournament with the new characters? And doing the combo trials on it also? When does that hit? I'm bored and want to watch that shit =/

XenoRaven

Reading the system specs for this thing. Looks like I'm going to have to get Windows 7 for my Mac after all. I wasn't planning on it now that Steam is hitting next month. Oh well. I'll eventually be able to get it for $20 through a government program. =D

XenoRaven

Kadey said:
You cosplay Chun and I Ryu? Only thing I can think of. -=runs=-
I would watch this.

I'd probably be covering one side of my screen at all times though.

The side with Ryu. >_>

Not really.

XenoRaven said:
Reading the system specs for this thing. Looks like I'm going to have to get Windows 7 for my Mac after all. I wasn't planning on it now that Steam is hitting next month. Oh well. I'll eventually be able to get it for $20 through a government program. =D

System specs for??? The Hauppauge? It works great in OSX. You just need the Eyetv software. If you're talking about something else... ignore me.

XenoRaven

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
System specs for??? The Hauppauge? It works great in OSX. You just need the Eyetv software. If you're talking about something else... ignore me.
I was reading the specs and it looked like it was for PCs only. If not then awesome. I could get one right now. >_>

CPS2

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Btw, didn't I read something about some dvd being released with some of the top japanese players doing a tournament with the new characters?

Pretty sure they mentioned on the SF4 blog that this comes with the game in one of the special editions. Someone will probably youtube it after the game's out. Might be Japan only.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
BotoxAgent said:
When I record with my Hauppauge, the thing drops the signal a lot on me...don't know why (there are times when my screen goes blank, and I cant see and lose), i don't know if u have similar problems as me. It's frustrating. I had some epic moments with Gaffers but my pvr choked :-(. Anyway, good shit vs coolio.

and does anyone know french here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1e_BgswNmw

the french player are pretty much unanimous on why Daigo woops ass, he never misses a punish

and lol Daigo = Reggie Miller, the more the public woots against him the more motivated he gets

gutabo

First to 5 anyone? GT: Gutabo2. Just send an invite! (doing championship mode now - takes years to get a match besides the first...)

In the interview, Desora says that Yamazaki93 isn't that far from the Japanese level (Daigo had already said something to that effect a few years ago back when CVS2 was big). Eita mentions that France has pretty much everything it needs to compete at the highest level, but French players need to communicate more and share their knowledge among the community. He also adds that they should work more on match-up knowledge. Fuudo reiterates those points while adding that the situation of the arcade scene in Japan make it easier for them.

Thanks for the summary/translation guys :) man, love the competitive scene of sf, even if I am just a mere spectator/scrub

Lol@ wiseblade :lol

BitchTits

Do you guys ever get burn out? This week I've just been playing really badly and can't seem to get Gen's full Gekiro even with MK, which I could do 90% of the time. I think I need a break!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Holy Order Sol said:
In the interview, Desora says that Yamazaki93 isn't that far from the Japanese level (Daigo had already said something to that effect a few years ago back when CVS2 was big). Eita mentions that France has pretty much everything it needs to compete at the highest level, but French players need to communicate more and share their knowledge among the community. He also adds that they should work more on match-up knowledge. Fuudo reiterates those points while adding that the situation of the arcade scene in Japan make it easier for them.

I've played against the French during my Soulcalibur 2 days -- I went over there as part of team canada for the cannes world cup -- and they are seriously the real deal. They have a lot of talent and not nearly as much animosity as the US, where everyone is clearly divided.

I still remember losing something like 2 - 11 to Kayane in SC2 when she was 11... that was sad... but then I see how she looks now...

0354.jpg

...and I don't feel so bad lol.

MIMIC

Banned
Corky said:
so dear fuerte players,

how the hell do I execute his grab after a random wall jump/flip ? :[

A fajita buster of his air grab?

If the fajita buster, right after you bounce off of the wall, hit forward + HP. If the air grab, just presses LP+LK

Also a tip on when to perform the fajita buster (bouncing off of the wall): us it ONLY if you see your opponent blocking high very often. They're trying to avoid a wall splash and the fajita buster provides as a great mix up. I've NEVER been able to get my brother with the wall fajita buster because he is constantly jumping, and therefore is a perfect target for the wall splash.

Wiseblade

BitchTits said:
Do you guys ever get burn out? This week I've just been playing really badly and can't seem to get Gen's full Gekiro even with MK, which I could do 90% of the time. I think I need a break!

Yeah, I stopped for about a couple weeks in January after a really bad losing streak. Then I hit training mode really hard and made the transitition to a stick. Now I'm playing better than ever before.

BitchTits said:

Yeah, I do. It's weird because there are times I'm wanting to play, but my mind is just not in it. I dump inputs, make stupid mistakes and just all around playing badly. Don't overlook the benefit of taking a break.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Wiseblade said:
Yeah, I stopped for about a couple weeks in January after a really bad losing streak. Then I hit training mode really hard and made the transitition to a stick. Now I'm playing better than ever before.

I'm in a pretty harsh burnout period right now. I tried to play, 15 minutes before i got a bad taste in my mouth.

I think the only cure for me will be some of the new chars in Super.

MIMIC

Banned
Threi said:
don't fajita off the wall...the recovery if you miss isn't worth it.

I only do it if I'm 100% sure that it'll connect, and for me, it usually does connect 90% of the time because I only do it on people who expect a wall splash. The recovery IS pretty terrible. It's not even worth it to intentionally miss it (safely) by a wide margin (like with a wall splash, if you realize that your opponent isn't within the ideal range)

So I smashed my right hand in my car door today by accident, it's pretty swollen too. No SF for me for a few days.....stupid swollen immovable hand and fingers :mad:

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Rice-Eater said:
Heres a link to the tourney I'm talking about in case you want more info about it

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=212102&highlight=nuki

Big props to GPX and GAMME for putting this together. I just hope West Coast comes out because this is probably the biggest tournament outside of Evo in the US this year. Hopefully they can make it a annual event because it'd be great to have a Evo-size tourney on the East side.

Awesome, this is the first time I've heard about this. FADC's doing the stream too.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Wiseblade said:
my guess would be gief. It looks like he's making 360 motions on the stick.

Gief was also on the 1p side. Doubt they switched sides just to play.

Also grapplers are the easiest chars to play 1 handed.

Top Bottom