• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Skilotonn said:
Damn, had no idea it was already on - they're on a break now it seems...

And I missed Honda and Blanka gameplay? Shoot.

Doing some work on the laptop so I hooked up another monitor just for the stream - it's so good... :)
The main 5v5 tourney is done. Tokido OCVed the other team which included guys like Akimo and Nishikin.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Rentahamster said:
The main 5v5 tourney is done. Tokido OCVed the other team which included guys like Akimo and Nishikin.

Ah man...

This Akuma playing right now is running things - he took out the Blanka that took out Nemo and hasn't lost since...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Skilotonn said:
Ah man...

This Akuma playing right now is running things - he took out the Blanka that took out Nemo and hasn't lost since...
Yeah that's Momochi and the Blanka was Nishikin. Momochi's on a tear...

edit: nevermind Akua (Sagat) beat him.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Rentahamster said:
Yeah that's Momochi and the Blanka was Nishikin. Momochi's on a tear...

edit: nevermind Akua (Sagat) beat him.

I realized that afterwards...

That Sagat better enjoy the damage while he can... :)

Man I love seeing Japanese Fuertes playing and controlling the match like that - that poor Dhalsim got peed on, pooped on, whatever other things you want to say... but this Bison just ended his run... :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Momochi is looping on fools more than a NASCAR driver - damn.

It's so crazy - these are really the best of the best in Japan, and yet, there isn't one guy dominating everyone for too long - I think everyone has beaten everyone else so far, but I haven't seen Daigo play yet though...

Things like this is why Capcom really needs to get SSFIV out in arcades - I never made a big deal out of it before, but we're really gonna be missing out on insane high-level play like this if it doesn't go through...

I'm sure some if not most will just get it on console, but still...

Wow at Mago vs. Momochi. That loop is ridiculous.

600,000 BP is insane.

It'll be interesting to see what Mago/Oijisan/etc have to say about SSFIV Sagat.

Momochi is just on fire right now. He made Mago look silly in 1 round.

Nishikin is also impressing with his Blanka. Almost took out Momochi's team until Momochi stepped up to the plate.

Well, it had to end sooner or later. Momo had a respectable 12-win streak. Too bad Mago had to ruin it.

And any info on the 3X3 at Warzone? No info in the SRK threads.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Respect to Nishikin - loved that clutch win against Mago to take the match...

I love Blanka because most of my friends absolutely hate when I play him, and the hate fuels me... :lol

But Momochi is a boss - making those loops look so damn easy, and seeing as they're still in SSFIV but tighter (like this dude doesn't have his execution on point regardless), and everyone else got weaker, he could be even more dominant in SSFIV...

Darkman M said:
It was pretty unwatchable(lag) hopefully warzone has a great stream tonight.

I'll take any hawt Japanese action regardless of how shittay the stream is. I'll watch a powerpoint presentation of slides if need be son.

I totally forgot that WCW2 is on tonight. I'll be watching the Hopkins and Jones Jr. fight instead. At least I can watch the recorded fight from WCW2 once they're put up.

VaLiancY

I wanted to go to Arcadia today but I'm spending some time with my father from Florida. I can't dog him over some tournament goodness.:lol

3 days with a stick now, I've made a little bit of progress but I'm still terrible. I still have trouble finding the right buttons when I'm trying to attack and I have so much trouble using a SRK in combos. The motion works fine when I do it by itself, but if I go jab, jab, SRK, the SRK either comes out really late or not at all(most of the time, not at all). I'm even trying to p-link it with HP~MK, but I'm still horrible at that to.

Can anyone give me some advice about that? I was hoping to be ready by the time Super comes out but I just don't see that happening :(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Darkman M said:
It was pretty unwatchable(lag) hopefully warzone has a great stream tonight.

Might be a problem on your end, because the NSB stream was silky smooth for me.

Too bad about the WCW2 stream, I'm hoping they at least have an offline recorder.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone got a link for the drivers I need for the Tournament Stick to work on Windows 7? Thanks!

SnowWolf said:
Might be a problem on your end, because the NSB stream was silky smooth for me.

Too bad about the WCW2 stream, I'm hoping they at least have an offline recorder.

John Rog said they have an engineer coming out in the morning to check out what's with the hotels internets. Hopefully they fix the problem before it starts.

Wiseblade

Rice-Eater said:
3 days with a stick now, I've made a little bit of progress but I'm still terrible. I still have trouble finding the right buttons when I'm trying to attack and I have so much trouble using a SRK in combos. The motion works fine when I do it by itself, but if I go jab, jab, SRK, the SRK either comes out really late or not at all(most of the time, not at all). I'm even trying to p-link it with HP~MK, but I'm still horrible at that to.

Can anyone give me some advice about that? I was hoping to be ready by the time Super comes out but I just don't see that happening :(

Dude, have some patience. You're not going to be able to pull off everything within a week. Just keep on practising and take baby steps. for your first few days you should focus on getting accustomed to how the stick feels and finding a hand placement that works for you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, I just read 300 pages on Shoryuken about this TE-stick problem PC-users are having. It fucking boils my mind how ridiculously stupid this is.

I can't believe this shit. First I pay a billion bucks on a stick and now this. Jesus Christ.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yoshichan said:
Anyone got a link for the drivers I need for the Tournament Stick to work on Windows 7? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you just have to install the 360 controller drivers...

EDIT: Nevermind.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Yoshichan said:
Well, I just read 300 pages on Shoryuken about this TE-stick problem PC-users are having. It fucking boils my mind how ridiculously stupid this is.

I can't believe this shit. First I pay a billion bucks on a stick and now this. Jesus Christ.

What problem are you talking about? I have both a 360 and a ps3 version of the TE stick for pc and they both work perfect... if there is a problem I never encountered it...

fresquito

Next tuesday I'll be getting my TE. :D

I finally went with the 360 version, since I'm using it on PC and PS3's has some compatibility issues with certain USBs. I was ordering it from Amazon.co.uk, but I'll get it from Game, at a near city (Barcelona). It will cost me around 120€, so there's no real saving if I go with Amazon, counting the needed USB PCI and shipping costs it will be about the same. Besides, if there happens to be some problem with the stick, I'll be glad to have bought it nearby.

I'm really anticipating next tuesday, when I can get hold of it. It's my first arcade stick ever, and I went crazy with money, but I don't care, I couldn't settle for anything less. I used to spend a bazillion hours on arcades when I was a teenager, but never thought I'd ever be getting such an awesome stick.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
after a week I've finally figured out how to get some games on psn :p, that is jump into arcade and set fight request to championship

I just got to G2, it seems shootos with 10000gp play the same as the ones with 1gp >_<

Jump in HK, sweep,
Did it work?

Yes: repeat
No : get caught in a combo , but do not fear , spam shoryuu as soon as the combo fails thanks to lagg.

:[

Agreed, the pictur quality looks absolutely fantastic. I'd say easily the best I've ever seen for a fighting game stream in my experience. Can"t wait to see how the matches actually look.

hitsugi

all right, I have this game for PS3 for a few more days.. hit me up if you want to play a games. Located in so cal if you're wondering how our connection might be. PSN is MashingKeys

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Crazy Image quality on the Warzone 2 stream.
Sadly it freezes a lot.

TimeKillr

Alright guys, we're also doing our 2nd big streamed event. I'm on the mic doing commentary until we reach top 8 (then ThirtyHitCheapz, who's in one of TheSwitcher's videos, will do top 8).

Link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mtlsf

Come see us! The tournament should start shortly - right now it's still just casuals.

Who cares about WCW? :)

Top Bottom