• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

akachan ningen said:
If you're a newb and are trying to get good, you should be willing to take a little criticism and learn from it instead of going crazy.

Constructive criticism FTW!!!!

looking forward to playing with all the GAF guys and learning some new tips along the way :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
akachan ningen said:
If you're a newb and are trying to get good, you should be willing to take a little criticism and learn from it instead of going crazy.

SERIOUS BUSINESS, let the kid have fun

LowParry

EraldoCoil said:
Constructive criticism FTW!!!!

looking forward to playing with all the GAF guys and learning some new tips along the way :D

You'll hear a lot of "damn my EX2" excuses online, lol

Volcynika

Just saw a TV ad for this on Spike (I left the channel on , shut uppppp). Interesting choice of music, at least the lyrics go along with it.

The theme song for SFIV, "Indestructible" or whatever it's called has fucking grown on me since getting the game. You hear it so much in the background of menus, the select screen, etc. I end up singing it every once in awhile. It's fucking catchy. :lol

Arde5643

viewtiful_dru said:
Bad? No...
It's not the best in the game but it's not bad. Best used at lvl1 during poke/block strings to get momentum.
Ahh, ok - I see what you mean. So her recovery after the FA is pretty good, I guess.
I'm not a Viper player so I don't follow her closely, although I've read detailed guides about her as well as watching expert videos and casual play of hers.

But you're right, Ken's probably the worst. :/

@Turtlesnatcher: Can't you control the range of Vega's wall-dive? Why don't you use that to bait the Shooto players into doing a whiff DP?

After hearing the complaints about the SE sticks I spent a few more hours with mine tonight. I'm finally getting the hang of it, and can pull off most of the shoto moves consistently. The charge characters are WAY easier with a stick. I couldn't use them at all with the regular 360 pad.

No problems with my stick at all.

ashism

donkey show said:
The theme song for SFIV, "Indestructible" or whatever it's called has fucking grown on me since getting the game. You hear it so much in the background of menus, the select screen, etc. I end up singing it every once in awhile. It's fucking catchy. :lol
If my girlfriend hears me attempt those high notes one more time, I don't think I'm going to have a lower jaw anymore.

I have to admit, I went from totally hating the song to loving it. Something about it, in japanese or english, so catchy, must stop singing.

akachan ningen said:
Coming from the one who was blind insulting me? LoL ...

I'm just having fun tonight. It will take time and ill eventually learn

Pachinko

so I read around a little more and apparently if you can find one that works the SE SF4 stick is actually really good ?

It's also much cheaper then some of the other ones I looked at and , well I'm not a super hardcore nutball with fighters but what I do know is that even a crappy stick is better then using the gamepad with some games.

Thanks for all the pointers above nonetheless.

ashism

Chill out Turtle, I was scrubtastic too, but you gotta roll with the punches. I got plenty of LOL's here and in chat, but whatever. You really shouldn't let it get to you.
People are correcting your mistakes, not super nicely, but they are offering help without being total dicks, you should be receptive.

ashism said:
If my girlfriend hears me attempt those high notes one more time, I don't think I'm going to have a lower jaw anymore.

I have to admit, I went from totally hating the song to loving it. Something about it, in japanese or english, so catchy, must stop singing.
I keep bobbing my head to the beat every time it plays. :lol

Pachinko said:
so I read around a little more and apparently if you can find one that works the SE SF4 stick is actually really good ?

It's also much cheaper then some of the other ones I looked at and , well I'm not a super hardcore nutball with fighters but what I do know is that even a crappy stick is better then using the gamepad with some games.

Pretty much. I had bought one with my TE today for the hell of it and thought it was a decent beginner's stick... way better than what you would get from a Hori Fighting Stick (PS3) or a Fighting Stick EX (360). But... I quickly proceeded to switch it out with Sanwa parts I had laying around. :lol

So yeah, it really is a good stick to start off with plus it's REALLY EASY to mod. Big ups to MarkMan for making the SE that way.

ashism said:
Hit that high note with me then!
SOMETHING IS MY DESTINNNYYYYYY!!!!
INDESTRUCTIBLE!
I wont let nobody take me down!
INDESTRUCTIBLE!
Nothing's gonna stop me now!
INDESTRUCTIBLE!
Gonna, gonna make it gonna keep on coming! (wut)
INDESTRUCTIBLE

akachan ningen said:
I didn't insult anybody. You called me a douche, I believe.
Sorry if you were being constructive.. Thought you were making comments because you ddint thinkt he guy playing posted on here.

Anyways.. my vega is meh.. I'm learn to punish at least with a throw! Better then a standard medium jab! :p

EDIT: I use my Vega on them most of the time.. They were cussing up a storm if anyone heard... It was pretty funny.

They lost about 90% of the matches because tthey are very much into their fireballs and jumping across screen and crossing up with EX Drills that go through fireballs did not make them happy. :(

I couldn't use any other character against them other then maybe a blanka or Bison to get close.. it was annoying.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Sorry if you were being constructive.. Thought you were making comments because you ddint thinkt he guy playing posted on here.

Anyways.. my vega is meh.. I'm learn to punish at least with a throw! Better then a standard medium jab! :p

That's why I don't like charge characters, you can't punish on demand with anything better than a throw unless you can do a semi long link combo or you were already holding a charge.

akachan ningen said:
That's why I don't like charge characters, you can't punish on demand with anything better than a throw unless you can do a semi long link combo or you were already holding a charge.
Yea.. Only thing I can think of is maybe a flip kick EX but thats if I have enough time..

akachan ningen said:
Chun/Honda say hi

and if you're playing a charge char, 85% of the time you should have charge anyway

Honda is more dependent on his charges than Chun-Li.

Yeah, he can go for the Oicho, get links going and 100hs. But his crappy mobility forces him to depend more heavily on his headbutt and buttsmash, especially on defense

CPS2

Punishing with charge characters is way easier imo, unless you get crossed up or have to block standing and lose it. While you've got the charge tho, much simpler to hit one direction + button than 3 directions + a button. Also, tonnes of characters can go from neutral into normals and combo to charge moves really easily.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
CcrooK said:
Hrm. So is Blanka slower in 4 as compared to STHD?

Blanka is good.

I think he's just as fast. More options in this game, damn... Stick with him if your maining him, I wanna use him, yet I can't main same character in two different games...

Arde5643

Oh god, I just found this gem of an image: :lol :lol :lol

edomon.jpg

It's from this article: http://tinycartridge.com/post/78316268/tank-engine-and-thomas-by-masao-the-delightful

ominae said:
OT but, nice TV - what brand/model is it? :)
It's a Mitsu 52" WD-52631 1080P DLP but I really wouldn't recommend it for fighting games if you want to be full on timing perfect. I notice the input lag and granted it's rather minor, it's enough to throw me off a bit and it gets worse when playing online.

Router said:
And now I'm off to buy a bigger TV. 42" just wont cut it for this game. :(
After my friends left that night, I moved the Triple to my GDM-FW900. Granted it's only 24", it's the best motherfucking CRT monitor evar and has no input lag whatsoever. I need my timing and I'll sacrifice size to have it. Good thing it's widescreen and goes beyond 1080p. :D

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
donkey show said:
After my friends left that night, I moved the Triple to my GDM-FW900. Granted it's only 24", it's the best motherfucking CRT monitor evar and has no input lag whatsoever. I need my timing and I'll sacrifice size to have it. Good thing it's widescreen and goes beyond 1080p. :D

ARRRH! I have been looking for an FW900 for freaking years. They are always too far away and because those bastards weigh so much its pointless to get them shipped. :D

Router said:
ARRRH! I have been looking for an FW900 for freaking years. They are always too far away and because those bastards weigh so much its pointless to get them shipped. :D
It's totally worth the trip to go out and get one. Although, the guy who sold it to me was in the neighboring city. :lol

It was definitely fun putting it on the desk... >__>

Anyway, after playing with all the new characters I think I'm gonna focus more on Rose. I really like her normals and her ability to advance with her slow fireballs and soul throws are nice. Plus you get the beefy Sham-WOW action. >=D

BTW, online has been really good to me so far. I've only been playing people from Korea and Japan (I got one that said Español so I assumed Spain) and have had about 1 out of 10 matches that were significantly laggy, but not unplayable. Very impressed.

Top Bottom