• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

yurinka

GQman2121 said:
I think the custom soundtracks are going to be awesome when people start releasing their own remixes to the SF classics.
I can see a SFIV custom tracklist Gaf thread, and another for gaffer remixes, just as happened with Wipeout HD! Would be awesome! :)

yurinka said:
It isn't usual in a PS3 game. Sony implemented the feature in a recent firmware update, and is the developer who decides to implement it or not in a game.

Works in this way: in-game you open the console menu (XMB) and select a MP3 or a tracklist from your console, adjust the volume if needed, go back to the game and your music tracks will be played instead ot the game tracks. The fx sounds and voices of the game will be played, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6xwc-8zrY

Exactly the same as it works on the 360, but limited to locally stored music then. The difference with Wipeout HD was that it used your music as a replacement for the in game music, starting the song at the start of a race and finishing it at the end, which was loads better.

CPS2

yurinka said:
I can see a SFIV custom tracklist Gaf thread, and another for gaffer remixes, just as happened with Wipeout HD! Would be awesome! :)

I was totally going to ask what people have planned for custom soundtracks! But my list is piss weak, at the moment all I've got is Warning by Biggie Smalls and Planet Rock by Africa Bambaataa. Normally I just listen to mix tapes, don't have many singles or albums...

UC1 said:
I was totally going to ask what people have planned for custom soundtracks! But my list is piss weak, at the moment all I've got is Warning by Biggie Smalls and Planet Rock by Africa Bambaataa. Normally I just listen to mix tapes, don't have many singles or albums...

I'm looking for a CPS2 ST soundtrack and I'll just play that in the background.

I am playing this with the Fighting Stick EX2 right now for 360.....but it's kind of a pain (better than the d-pad though.....anyways...). I don't want to and/or can't afford the TE stick (like I could find one anyways) but I'm kinda interested in getting the Regular SFIV Arcade Fightstick. Is this one also extremely limited....are stores selling it already, etc. I saw it on Amazon but would prefer to try and find it locally since I already have the game.

Barrett2

I can't believe this is the week, GAF! As of Wednesday afternoon, I will be in possession of SF4 and Dragon Quest 5. Hell yeah!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
bdizzle said:
playing with the 360 pad makes me never want to play sfiv again. its just fucking horrible

Welcome to my awful world

MikeE21286 said:
I am playing this with the Fighting Stick EX2 right now for 360.....but it's kind of a pain (better than the d-pad though.....anyways...). I don't want to and/or can't afford the TE stick (like I could find one anyways) but I'm kinda interested in getting the Regular SFIV Arcade Fightstick. Is this one also extremely limited....are stores selling it already, etc. I saw it on Amazon but would prefer to try and find it locally since I already have the game.
What don't you like about it? I've played with the SE and TE sticks and although they're both better sticks, unless your problem is that your completely used to arcade quality sticks then I don't think you'll notice a huge improvement, especially with the SE.

Nakazato

yurinka said:
Momma says knock you out should be the 1st song on that list :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
GQman2121 said:
God bless the person who decided not to pick up their pre-order at Game Crazy in Wheaton, MD. Their 48 hour hold policy is apparently no joke.

DSCN0578.jpg

I had to drive an hour both ways from Baltimore, but it was worth it to not have to wait an extra month for GS to get their shipments in. Bring on the game!!!

Wow, racist much?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, that Eurogamer review is everything I want from reviews. It's as much a breakdown of the game as it is a conversation piece and a communication of why the game is significant.

Totally awesome.

Wrestlemania said:
What don't you like about it? I've played with the SE and TE sticks and although they're both better sticks, unless your problem is that your completely used to arcade quality sticks then I don't think you'll notice a huge improvement, especially with the SE.

hmm....I think we might have our sticks crossed up?

I have this
1417-550x-hori%20fighting%20stick%20ex2.jpg

I want to get this one
sfiv-ps3-arcade-stick.jpg

I'm not talking about the $150 one. I'm DEFINITELY not a big stick guy.....but it's pretty hard to hit the ultras on the stick I own because of the RB and LB buttons being up top

MikeE21286 said:
I'm not talking about the $150 one. I'm DEFINITELY not a big stick guy.....but it's pretty hard to hit the ultras on the stick I own because of the RB and LB buttons being up top

Do you not have a
Jab Strong Fierce
Short Fwd. RH

control scheme?

MikeE21286 said:
hmm....I think we might have our sticks crossed up?

I have this
http://www.gamewad.com/ul/1417-550x-hori%20fighting%20stick%20ex2.jpg[IMG]

[B]I want to get this one[/B]
[IMG]http://www.gamecyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sfiv-ps3-arcade-stick.jpg[IMG]

I'm not talking about the $150 one. I'm DEFINITELY not a big stick guy.....but it's pretty hard to hit the ultras on the stick I own because of the RB and LB buttons being up top[/QUOTE]
remap your buttons yo

panda21

MikeE21286 said:

sfIV needs 8 buttons?!

please tell me you don't mean that you are using the buttons at the top where the xbox button is as your fierce kick/punch :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My HRAP3 just shipped from Amazon and should be here Tuesday. Perhaps the most exciting $110 bucks I've ever spent.

GalacticAE said:
Do you not have a
Jab Strong Fierce
Short Fwd. RH

control scheme?

yeah, that's what I'm using, but If i wanna hit the ultras for some of the characters it's just easiest if I can set Jab,strong,fierce to all one button and Short,Fwd,RH to all one button (LB or RB) and those buttons are up top so it's a little difficult to get up there.

Teknoman

panda21 said:

sfIV needs 8 buttons?!

please tell me you don't mean that you are using the buttons at the top where the xbox button is as your fierce kick/punch :lol

Im glad the fight stick has 8 buttons. Can play JP style with 3 closest buttons, then assign the black buttons to 3p and 3k for ultras.

MikeE21286 said:
yeah, that's what I'm using, but If i wanna hit the ultras for some of the characters it's just easiest if I can set Jab,strong,fierce to all one button and Short,Fwd,RH to all one button (LB or RB) and those buttons are up top so it's a little difficult to get up there.

I say go for it. Fight stick SE is alot better than the standard hori beginner sticks (EX2 and Fighting Stick 3). Might be kinda hard to find.

if the world decides to end before tuesday or wednesday i'm going to be fucking furious......lol my hype meter is totally off the charts right now, it's even safe to say that i'm more hyped for this than i was for halo 2, DAMN YOU ALL WHO ALREADY HAVE THE GAME!!!!!

No_Style

DoctorWho said:
So now that I'm canceling my Fightpad ($59.99 mother-****ing dollars!) I'm thinking about ordering this - http://www.amazon.ca/Playstation-3-Fighting-Stick/dp/B000MWE3BI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234750094&sr=8-1

So are these really that good?

Hori Fighting Stick 3]

I have one. I got it late last year as my first stick and I think it's serviceable. Others will tell you that it's not up to par compared to other higher grade sticks, but it's better than a pad.

DoctorWho said:
So now that I'm canceling my Fightpad ($59.99 mother-****ing dollars!) I'm thinking about ordering this - http://www.amazon.ca/Playstation-3-Fighting-Stick/dp/B000MWE3BI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234750094&sr=8-1

41PSbRpIa0L._SS500_.jpg

Everyone here hates them. I used to hate it too until I switched out the gate for an octagonal one. I've been playing third strike on it and it works great. The buttons don't feel great but that doesn't affect their functionality for me.

yurinka said:
I don't think I have ever heard a remix of a 3S song

fix this Obama GAF

No_Style said:
I have one. I got it late last year as my first stick and I think it's serviceable. Others will tell you that it's not up to par compared to other higher grade sticks, but it's better than a pad.

For cheaper than what I would pay for the FightPad it seems pretty good. Also, I've never been much of a stick player so I probably wouldn't know the difference compared to high end stuff. Is there any chance this one works with PS2 games on a PS3 as well?

I have tried so hard to avoid the hype on this game and just pick it up down the line
for cheap but...you guys have gotten me way to excited. I have got to get this game.

Teknoman

DoctorWho said:

41PSbRpIa0L._SS500_.jpg

Its ok as a first time stick, but if you can, try for the Standard fight stick. I have a fighting stick 3, but the SE fightstick is better made, more responsive, looks better...and should be around the same price new.

AZ Greg said:
So the 360 controller frustrated you enough that you decided not to buy a better controller? Wouldn't it be smarter to just not get the 360 version?

I got the 360 version early, but not the TE stick I pre-ordered. I pre-ordered the PS3 CE, the 360 reg editoin, the PS3 TE stick and 360 TE stick. I'm just so fucking aggravated by the POS 360 controller that I said fuck it and I'm just gonna stick with the PS3 stick and not really care about the 360 version anymore. I'll spend the money I save and get 7 copes of this instead

61dJutFJPqL._SS500_.jpg

dgenx said:
Welcome to my awful world

I don't know why you're torturing yourself like that...

SoulFist

For those that might be looking, I saw the SF4 strategy guide at Walmart tomorrow. Almost picked it up, but I figure I'll wait and get the discount when I buy the game.

Top Bottom