• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

DoctorWho said:
For cheaper than what I would pay for the FightPad it seems pretty good. Also, I've never been much of a stick player so I probably wouldn't know the difference compared to high end stuff. Is there any chance this one works with PS2 games on a PS3 as well?

It's waaaay better than a fightpad, don't worry about that. It works with ps2 games, but it seems like it doesn't work quite as well as it does with ps3 games. I had troubles playing KOFXI on it but guilty gear x2 worked fine.

Teknoman said:
Its ok as a first time stick, but if you can, try for the Standard fight stick. I have a fighting stick 3, but the SE fightstick is better made, more responsive, looks better...and should be around the same price new.

For Canadians the SE Fightstick is about double the price of the fighting stick 3. $99.99 for the SE (PS3 version).

akachan ningen said:
It's waaaay better than a fightpad, don't worry about that. It works with ps2 games, but it seems like it doesn't work quite as well as it does with ps3 games. I had troubles playing KOFXI on it but guilty gear x2 worked fine.

Thanks. I would go for the MadCatz Fightstick but with the prices that the EB exclusivity deal has dealt us, this might have to do.

Guled

But once in battle, the netcode, even against Japanese players on the other side of the world, is flawless. In well over 200 online matches, only one has suffered any sort of lag.
This from the eurogamer review :D

No_Style

Teknoman said:
Damn...thats crazy. Well then Fighting Stick 3 it is.

Yeah. Amazon.ca has the FS3 for $39.99 (after a coupon) so it's tough to swallow the $99.99 SE. Part of it stems from the fact that Amazon.ca hasn't updated its pricing after our dollar fell while other retailers have.

I've also read the rumors (from the Canada Gaming Deals thread) of EB Games gouging folks by upping the $189.99 CAD TE stick to $215 CAD. :(

keanerie

Blueblur1 said:
The Eurogamer review was fantastic. It might be one of the most intelligent reviews I've ever read.

Eurogamer does good stuff often, I wasn't expecting them to let up for this review.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
I really didn't think I would like this game but after seeing theTrin get it a few days ago I went ahead and dove in.

The 'match making' is a little borked. Everytime I search for players (Japan 360 here) I keep getting the same 3 people and they just switch up the order until my 4th refresh. Then I might get 1 or 2 new people. Rinse and repeat.

Lots of people don't know to cut off the challenge mode in Arcade (me included) and most games you try to join end with you searching again. Also on the PS3 the latency pops up super fast when you want to join a game. Its not loading so quick on my 360 when I search for players.

But the game is damn smooth. Only had one game where it was unplayable due to lag / button input out of my first.. 50 matches last night

I'm really enjoying it. Its a blast on line. I just wish they'd set up a quarter / lobby system. I personally don't like playing and whooping / being whooped by the same guy for 20 minutes.

Teknoman

But once in battle, the netcode, even against Japanese players on the other side of the world, is flawless. In well over 200 online matches, only one has suffered any sort of lag.

Fighting Stick 3 isnt bad at all though. Its still easy to learn with if you're a beginner, and its pretty sturdy.

Everyone keeps saying something about a day one patch for online mode improvements once its releases worldwide.

2mzjs43.jpg

91jwiw.jpg

Fighting games with facial expressions = awesome.

Syckx

dgenx said:
I'm flying to Miami on Thrusday, I just added an arcade stick to my shopping list.

what? does EVERYONE here plays with a fightpad or arcade stick?

I recommend the fightpad. Loving it.

-PXG-

bdizzle said:
I got the 360 version early, but not the TE stick I pre-ordered. I pre-ordered the PS3 CE, the 360 reg editoin, the PS3 TE stick and 360 TE stick. I'm just so fucking aggravated by the POS 360 controller that I said fuck it and I'm just gonna stick with the PS3 stick and not really care about the 360 version anymore. I'll spend the money I save and get 7 copes of this instead

61dJutFJPqL._SS500_.jpg

I don't know why you're torturing yourself like that...

DO WANT! :lol

Also, I just got back from playing SFIV (360 version). It was glorious :D

Caj814

Someone just posted this on shoryuken.com
uts7q.jpg

Sign of being able to make small alterations on alternate costumes or extra fanservice?:lol

is there any conformation that in SF4 you can pull off a DP by pushing df df+P? i was reading someplace where it said you can use that command instead of the traditional command.

Teknoman

Caj814 said:
uts7q.jpg

Sign of being able to make small alterations on alternate costumes or extra fanservice?:lol

Dont see any small alterations, isnt that just a normal JP girl gym uniform?

Caj814 said:
uts7q.jpg

Wait? These aren't even available yet? Where is this pic from besides Shoryuken?

Caj814

Teknoman said:
Dont see any small alterations, isnt that just a normal JP girl gym uniform?

She is suppose to be wearing Ryus Gi but in the shot I posted she doesn't have it on.

EDIT:
Dreadful grammar :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Teknoman said:

Fighting Stick 3 isnt bad at all though. Its still easy to learn with if you're a beginner, and its pretty sturdy.

Everyone keeps saying something about a day one patch for online mode improvements once its releases worldwide.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mzjs43.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/91jwiw.jpg[IMG]

Fighting games with facial expressions = awesome.[/QUOTE]
You forgot the best one.

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/etd0cx.jpg

Ecto311

SoulFist said:
For those that might be looking, I saw the SF4 strategy guide at Walmart tomorrow. Almost picked it up, but I figure I'll wait and get the discount when I buy the game.

Anyone know if walmart is getting any limited editions of the game? If the guide is even needed compared to the mini guide in the LE?

I missed the preorder so I am going to hit walmart at midnight and just wondering if a LE might be found.

MoxManiac

I have an odd question for those that already have the PS3 version: can the game be navigated okay without the start button? I might have to use my saturn pad through usb adapter for awhile if gamestop screws me out of my TE stick, and for some reason it doesn't map start properly on it. I do okay on HD Remix since I can do everything without the start button after the inital starting of the game. Was wondering if it's the same for SF4.

Guled

Caj814 said:
uts7q.jpg

hope its a part of the beauty pack and not more dlc costumes

I just hope this game going out of the door will mean a patch for HD Remix...and possibly leading to a Street Fighting site that tracks player's stats in both games.

Ecto, I'm sure there'll be some CEs floating out there...probably not that many though.

I'm probably going to get to the strategy guide...but it seems so unnecessary with Gootecks, SRK and Iplaywinner.com.

I dunno, I've been seeing wacky costumes in the arcades here. It may have something to do with Battle Points? The higher ranked guys will be playing as Blanka in a safari outfit, hat and all, or Akuma with some big braided things sticking out of his back like wings.

Teknoman

Spiderjericho said:
I just hope this game going out of the door will mean a patch for HD Remix...and possibly leading to a Street Fighting site that tracks player's stats in both games.

Ecto, I'm sure there'll be some CEs floating out there...probably not that many though.

I'm probably going to get to the strategy guide...but it seems so unnecessary with Gootecks, SRK and Iplaywinner.com.

If that happens, i'm going to have to repurchase HDR on 360.

CPS2

xabre said:

They listed 2 PAL, non limited edition versions, I'm presuming the cheaper one would be from the UK. Although it could actually be from anywhere, as every version of the game is region free on 360. All I know is, it's not the version you'll be playing on Friday :lol

Caj814 said:
uts7q.jpg

:)

Darkman M

Guled said:
are the online fights that cut in during the arcade ranked or not?

You set it to ranked or unranked, personally i set mine to rank when i have it on i don't want any disturbance unless points are on the line.

Mamesj

Banned
I almost wish there was more time between HDR and this...I'm freaking hooked on HDR and it'll be tough to balance two fighters.

Teknoman

Darkman M said:
You set it to ranked or unranked, personally i set mine to rank when i have it on i don't want any disturbance unless points are on the line.

Sounds like that would be best anyway. Then again, if you have a friend that might want to challenge you...

Mamesj said:
I almost wish there was more time between HDR and this...I'm freaking hooked on HDR and it'll be tough to balance two fighters.

Going to be even worse if KoF 98UM hits and has good netcode/is fun.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Just to let everyone know, newb hunting should be done with caution here during Ranked Matches. Yeah, it'll be easy to take on newbs and scrubs for easy points, but the Battle Point system works just like in the arcade version of SF4. Basically, if you have a much higher BP stat than your opponent, you'll only gain 15 - 30 battle points, but if you somehow lose that match, you'll LOSE about 100 or so points lol. Of course, if someone much stronger than you challenges you and you win, you'll gain 100 points instead of a measly 15 - 30 points. So it pays off to go and challenge the stronger opponents if you care about your battle point ranking.

Guled

Teknoman said:
Going to be even worse if KoF 98UM hits and has good netcode/is fun.
and for those going to import, KoF12 comes out in April
Darkman M said:
perfect, thanks

CPS2

Oichi said:
Just to let everyone know, newb hunting should be done with caution here during Ranked Matches. Yeah, it'll be easy to take on newbs and scrubs for easy points, but the Battle Point system works just like in the arcade version of SF4. Basically, if you have a much higher BP stat than your opponent, you'll only gain 15 - 30 battle points, but if you somehow lose that match, you'll LOSE about 100 or so points lol. Of course, if someone much stronger than you challenges you and you win, you'll gain 100 points instead of a measly 15 - 30 points. So it pays off to go and challenge the stronger opponents if you care about your battle point ranking.

Sounds pretty fair... reminds me a little of Virtua Fighter and Tekken's ranking systems.

I might not even bother with ranked until I've got the hang of the game a bit...

Darkman M

Oichi said:

For some reason those are the only matches ive gotten lately, i get 11-30 bp tops and lose 95-100 if i lose. Id rather fight people more skilled then me and lose less points when i lose .:lol

Teknoman said:
Im glad the fight stick has 8 buttons. Can play JP style with 3 closest buttons, then assign the black buttons to 3p and 3k for ultras.

I say go for it. Fight stick SE is alot better than the standard hori beginner sticks (EX2 and Fighting Stick 3). Might be kinda hard to find.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin.....now anyone know if it can be found in stores (walmart, bestbuy, eb/gs, etc.) Might be too LTTP on it?

Top Bottom