• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Made 2 calls, one to Gamecrazy, one to Gamestop

Gamecrazy will be selling the game tomorrow at noon :D:D:D

Gamestop? On the 18th

LAAAAAME

Etelmik said:
Gen isn't as fast as Vega, but he he's more auto-targeted--his leg sticks out better too.

Awesome but ...

Etelmik said:
I haven't played SF

Nevermind ...

bumpkin

This is bruuuuuuuttaaaaaaaaallll. Just called my GameStop and they said the game will be in... Wednesday. *sigh* Too bad it sounds like stores like Best Buy who may already have it are sticking to the 18th, otherwise I'd go and snag it there. Oh well. At least I'll most likely have my SE stick by the time I get the game.

Snapshot King said:
Ugh at the release shenanigans here in Montreal. Independant retailers say tomorrow, EBs say Wednesday, and Futureshops and Bestbuy say thursday.
I usually check the in-stock of of the BBs in Marche Central, Anjou and Green-Field Park and place pre-orders at EB in Brossard.

I avoid downtown like the plague, I wish we could park our cars on sidewalks like they do in Europe

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
gutter_trash said:
anyone try Gen yet? how fast are his wall kicks (K+K+K stance) compared to Vega's wall dives in SF4?

The speed when jumping towards the wall is comparable... they're about the same speed even if it doesn't look like it. This is mainly because Vega is a bigger character so it looks like he reaches faster, but it's nearly the same. The attack once at the wall is different... Gen's stuff is a bit slower than Vega's attack, but then again he has more options than Vega does.

Etelmik said:
Gen isn't as fast as Vega, but he he's more auto-targeted--his leg sticks out better too.

I haven't played SF IV but there's no way Gen's move is going to be quicker.

Then STFU.

punkypine

so me and my friend were thinking about getting arcade sticks. the issue we have with fighters is that our thumbs hurt after like 10 minutes...

so we were looking into the sticks for ps3. basically neither of us is that great, so we're more looking for good comfort/durability/value, not tournament quality

now i'm reading these new madcatz ones are shitty, so im wondering if
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MWE3BI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
is any good? on the IGN review, they were complaining that its no good for street fighters, only for 4 button fighters... anyone have any opinions on this?

bumpkin

Teknoman said:
People who preordered are definitely supposed to be able to pick up SFIV tomorrow. At least they should be able to.
I dunno man, I spoke to the store manager at my local GameStop (where I have it reserved) and he asked if I had a preorder before telling me the 18th. Of course other people's mileage may vary if they're closer to the west coast; I'm up in the northeast.

My SE stick broke after less than a week. Fantastic. I had the sticking problem that everyone else seems to have, which was annoying, but a quick circle of the stick tended to fix it. Now something happened though and it won't register down no matter what I do. That's what I get for trusting Mad Catz.

vertopci

punkypine said:
so me and my friend were thinking about getting arcade sticks. the issue we have with fighters is that our thumbs hurt after like 10 minutes...

so we were looking into the sticks for ps3. basically neither of us is that great, so we're more looking for good comfort/durability/value, not tournament quality

is any good? on the IGN review, they were complaining that its no good for street fighters, only for 4 button fighters... anyone have any opinions on this?

Get the HRAP3 :D

Absoludacrous said:
My SE stick broke after less than a week. Fantastic. I had the sticking problem that everyone else seems to have, which was annoying, but a quick circle of the stick tended to fix it. Now something happened though and it won't register down no matter what I do. That's what I get for trusting Mad Catz.

That's what you get for not getting a Seimitsu or Sanwa stick :lol

Switch that stock one out for a Seimitsu or Sanwa

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
punkypine said:

Im certain that if you order SE's and theyre defective, MadCatz will hook you up and fix them up. Theyre trying hard to revamp their image after all

vertopci said:
That's what you get for not getting a Seimitsu or Sanwa stick :lol

SERIOUS BUSINESS! Dont be a jerk man (I thought the SE came with a Sanwa stick?)

Takuan

I picked up a Fight Stick from a nice kid who decided he'd wait for the TE. I was wary and tested the stick out for a good while just playing around with different types of characters in training mode.

It's pretty good. I much prefer the feel of the stick and buttons over the PS2 Soul Calibur 2 stick I was using. So far, there's no real need to swap anything out; I may even stick with the ball top. I hope it holds up; if not, MarkMan has stated MadCatz will take care of us.

dexterslu

Just called the local Best Buy,

"Hey man, I was wondering if you had Street Fight IV in stock?" -me

"Uhh..let me check"
"Yes, but we can't sell in until tomorrow" -Clerk

"ugh, thanks."-me

Absoludacrous said:

Huh, well I guess it's Tournament Edition, HRAP3 or bust...

punkypine said:
is the button layout fine or annoying (its the same as the other one)? /noob

Um...as far as I know it's fine (I've been using a HRAP3 since the Japanese release of VF5 and a HRAP2 on the PSX)...

Zapages

I went to Best Buy earlier today... They get the shipment tomorrow. I was told to come tomorrow afternoon to pick it up aka pre-orders only. But if did not pre-order then you can get it on Wednesday....

Zapages, you in Canada or US?

Edit: BTW, is there a definitive list of which voice best matches each character? I'm actually kinda siding with English for Ryu.

Teknoman

punkypine said:

The Mad Catz sticks are not shitty in the least bit. There seems to be some people that experienced faulty shipments, but its not the majority of the sticks.

Zapages

Killa Sasa said:

Edit: BTW, is there a definitive list of which voice best matches each character? I'm actually kinda siding with English for Ryu.

I'm in Florida, US... But I'll be heading back to NJ soon...

vertopci

Raging Spaniard said:
Im certain that if you order SE's and theyre defective, MadCatz will hook you up and fix them up. Theyre trying hard to revamp their image after all

SERIOUS BUSINESS! Dont be a jerk man (I thought the SE came with a Sanwa stick?)

No. Only the TE does. Also, I love to be an assole on the internet :lol

punkypine said:
is the button layout fine or annoying (its the same as the other one)? /noob

Not sure what you mean by annoying, but I love the button layout. My fingers are rest in a natural postion on them.

Souther

Banned
Killa Sasa said:

Personally i would just play through the game and hear everybody in JP and then play through and hear everybody in English and then pick and choose that way

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I looked in the OP and didnt see, but any word on how many people can be in the online lobby waiting/spectating? And is there a spectator mode?

Dont hurt me :(

I was really, really enjoying it until about 10 minutes ago. It's not the end of the world since I have a Seimitsu coming from Ahikabara in the next week or two, but still, I'm kinda bummed I'm not going to have a working stick now on the day of SF4's release.

Edit: I mean, literally, less than a week of use. That's kinda crazy for a retail product.

Guled

I wonder why with the game out tomorrow we are still missing reviews from major sites, the embargo ended yesterday so wheres the flood of reviews

Raging Spaniard

Souther said:
Personally i would just play through the game and hear everybody in JP and then play through and hear everybody in English and then pick and choose that way

Yeah except that in rival matches, the fighters talk to each other during the fight, so I dont wanna miss out on that on my first playtrough ;)

Guled said:
I wonder why with the game out tomorrow we are still missing reviews from major sites, the embargo ended yesterday so wheres the flood of reviews

Its SF IV, do you really need a review? In my mind, for a fighting game a reviewer needs to sink some serious time in order to tell me an opinion that Ill respect, so I have no interest in knowing how somebody I could beat in a fighting game has to say about SF IV (as an example)

Teknoman

YakiSOBA said:
WAIT -- if I go to ebgames tomorrow, I can only buy the game if I have a pre-order, otherwise I need to wait until Wednesday?

Well not EVERY ebgames/gamestop. Most will try, but some you might get lucky with.

Guled

Raging Spaniard said:
Its SF IV, do you really need a review? In my mind, for a fighting game a reviewer needs to sink some serious time in order to tell me an opinion that Ill respect, so I have no interest in knowing how somebody I could beat in a fighting game has to say about SF IV (as an example)
I just like reading reviews, I already know this game is AAA, but its something to keep me preoccupied until I get my hands on it. Video reviews are especially nice to watch

demigod said:
Anyone know when GameCrazy will have SF4? I just got an email from them and it says the game will be out tomorrow.
My local GameCrazy (SF Bay Area) said Tuesday at Noon. I was speaking with the store manager.

Teknoman

2yukpkz.jpg

Man I cant wait to get familiar with super dynamic cooking lucha style!

Top Bottom