• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Darkman M said:
Im no stick expert, but i got mine Friday and it feels real good, stick is sanwa, buttons are hori but can easily be replaced if you feel the need. Stick has good weight and is solid.

I thought the one complaint about the EX stick was that it wasnt easily moddable due to how everything was soldered inside? Not that I would mind since I dont dabble in that stuff, but I like to stay informed :)

Sallokin

03_090217054125_0022571_0_21.jpg

Came out pretty well lol.

Teknoman

Well he put the stick back in its normal position or whatever, and says it works just fine now. At least thats what I'm reading at the top of his video.

Xabora

dexterslu said:
In the beginning of the video he basically describes how he destroyed the button while taking it apart, he then explains why the stick doesn't work well. He NEVER mentions how well the stick worked before he took it apart. To me it seems like the guy took it apart and messed around with it for a while and destroyed it in the process.
Actually this problem was reported right around when his video was posted. :p
http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77358
Reports of a clinging issue in Mad Catz’s lower cost Standard Edition Fight Stick joystick are emerging. Members of the Shoryuken message board -- a forum specifically designed for the hardcore Street Fighter player -- has the widest berth of complaints, ranging from broken buttons to the more popular sticky joystick issue. The complaints indicate the joystick sticks in its former diagonal position instead of snapping back to the neutral zone.

A normal human could weather this issue, but a Street Fighter elite is obviously perturbed. Several of the members of the forum have ripped open their SE Fight Sticks aware that it also voids their warranty. One brave user claimed to have found the problem: “[There] is a small metal washer [between] the body of the joystick and spring cap. [The] washer moves around and the plastic spring cap gets stuck on the grooves where the washer is supposed to sit.”​

Akim

Banned
I really wish this game was street dated because I'm gonna end up having to wait til Wednesday because of my crappy area.

Darkman M

Raging Spaniard said:
I thought the one complaint about the EX stick was that it wasnt easily moddable due to how everything was soldered inside? Not that I would mind since I dont dabble in that stuff, but I like to stay informed :)

Maybe for the EX2 :lol like i said im not expert at all pretty new to this, but ive been told the HARP ex buttons are easily replaced, don't know about the stick but it's sanwa anyways.

Linkhero1

Raging Spaniard said:
HRAP EX has only the Sanwa stick soldered onto it. The buttons are quick disconnects and they are stock buttons which can be replaced easily.

Raging Spaniard said:

Do you mean the buttons being soldered to the PCB and not wired as quick disconnects? I think that is only for the Street Fighter IV themed HRAPs.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
pelicansurf said:
I called the gamestop around my area and theyre gonna have it. I live in Delaware.

NameGenerated said:
lol.

(Just kiddin' :p)

Hey, I live in Delaware too and we get to laugh at all of you that have to pay sales tax.

On the other hand, he did have Cowboy in his avatar which is worth laughing at.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ah alright, thanks for clearing that up. In case I double dip and get the 360 version (down the line) Ill probably be looking around for a stick.

So I checked my player data..

I have 30 hours and 35 minutes logged in Street Fighter 4.. Which means I actually spent more then a Full day since Friday evening playing the game :lol

I have 300+ online matches (Player/Ranked Mixed).

My Battle Points are now 1400+

I'm running into some struggle climbing because i will have that 1 person that just got the game today and will beat me and they will have 100 pts.. or if I beat a ton of people I only get like 20 pts because they all only have 100 pts.. Just not enough higher rated people yet :(

Though I'm ranked 1800.. I just don't wanna play anyone that doesnt have "ENGLISH" set as the primary language due to lag issues.

EDIT: Online system kinda sucks on SF4.. The connection information doesnt work half the time. I have games that are 0 lag but it shows 0 bars...

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Dai Kaiju said:
:lol

Are you going to the SFIV tourney at people's plaza gamestop on saturday?

I am thinking about going to the Governors Square Tourney, I can't believe how many Newark, DE guys are on GAF.

Also I had an epic game vs some Ryu Scroto guy. I took him out the first round easily.. The second round he really started nailing me with well timed jump ins and sweeps and was actually frustrating me.. I only had maybe a tick of life left but pulled off a Super on him (Claw) and then finished it with an Ultra soon as he got up.. IT WAS SIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Darkman M

TurtleSnatcher said:
So I checked my player data..

I have 30 hours and 35 minutes logged in Street Fighter 4.. Which means I actually spent more then a Full day since Friday evening playing the game :lol

I have 300+ online matches (Player/Ranked Mixed).

My Battle Points are now 1400+

I'm running into some struggle climbing because i will have that 1 person that just got the game today and will beat me and they will have 100 pts.. or if I beat a ton of people I only get like 20 pts because they all only have 100 pts.. Just not enough higher rated people yet :(

Though I'm ranked 1800.. I just don't wanna play anyone that doesnt have "ENGLISH" set as the primary language due to lag issues.

EDIT: Online system kinda sucks on SF4.. The connection information doesnt work half the time. I have games that are 0 lag but it shows 0 bars...

Yeah i noticed that too, think it's a glich should be easily fixed with a patch(i hope)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
can't decide whether to pick up the ps3 ce -- i've already got the 360 import. the anime looks awful from the clips in the game, i'm not that desperate for the soundtrack, and i don't really see why i'd need both versions. but on the other hand it's already paid off with trade-ins, i don't want any other games either, and if i don't buy it now and it gets scarce i might regret it

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Stealth edit? New post? Make up your mind!!!

Also I'm a scroto, but I can't wait to play this with a stick. I've never really used sticks all that much. The last time I did was last summer where I went to an arcade and play 1 game of MvC2 against my friend. Before that I can't even remember. :lol

Darkman M

drohne said:
i'm thinking i'm not going to pick up the ps3 ce -- i've already got the 360 import. the anime looks awful from the clips in the game, i'm not that desperate for the soundtrack, and i don't really see why i'd need both versions. but on the other hand it's already paid off with trade-ins, and i don't want any other games either

Your avatar disgust me!!

Im so impressed how much I improved with Vega.. He is so fun to plan.... He is sneaky and can really annoy the living shit out of people.

(Lets just say I'm a back flip whore)

drohne

man, i'm kind of scared for the long-term prospects of my guile -- he has to work so hard for his damage, and i think your sagat's going to be kicking his ass pretty soon. my attempted switch to ryu isn't going all that well...i've got all these guile instincts left over from hd remix

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Unlocked 4 characters but will do the other 4 later tonight after work. Seth can wait a bit I think, even if he is voiced by the supremely awesome Akio Ohtsuka!

Loving it so far. Really enjoying the EX and Ultra system, adds a tad more strategy to the game. The girls seem to enjoy watching me play as well so hopefully I can ween them off Virtua Fighter for awhile and bring some nostalgic love back into their lives.

SeanPlunk

drohne said:
man, i'm kind of scared for the long-term prospects of my guile -- he has to work so hard for his damage, and i think your sagat's going to be kicking his ass pretty soon. my attempted switch to ryu isn't going all that well...i've got all these guile instincts left over from hd remix

They neutered Guile too much. His attacks do basically no damage and it wasn't really fun playing as him anymore.

Sagat on the other hand is almost so powerful it's unfair. I plan on using him a lot online :D

Darkman M

drohne said:

I think you should keep going with ryu though, i could tell you felt akward going from guile to ryu, but with practice you should have a really good ryu if you can manage to play that we'll with guile ryu should come easy.

I want to learn a charge character as well maybe boxer or Viper, but for now im gonna work on sagat and ryu till i get a better understanding of the game.

drohne

guile's going to make a triumphant comeback in sf4 turbo

blieve

just up the damage and priority on his flashkick and give him...like...flashkick -> fadc -> ultra somehow

in the meantime i've got to get better with antiair normals. or just drop guile cold-turkey and force my ryu to improve

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Gunstar77 said:
Hey, I live in Delaware too and we get to laugh at all of you that have to pay sales tax.

On the other hand, he did have Cowboy in his avatar which is worth laughing at.
Being an eagles fan is even more laughable! But no need to start a football argument here, everyone in this godforsaken state is either an Eagles/Raven/Giants assclown.

also, I've never been more excited to go to sleep. Hitting up gamestop first thing in the morning.

Maybe they could change his super...so it's the sonic boom or the lunging assault from A3/CVS2.

One major expansion DLC like Lost and the Damned/Assault on Alaska would be fine...but they need to start working on part V or a next generation sequel to TVC.

GQman2121

Banned
Wal Mart Superstore said:
"The trucks came in about fifteen minutes ago. The games should be in the computer by tomorrow morning."

I called during Conan and it looks like they'll have them for tomorrow. The woman said I was like the hundredth person to call in the last few hours asking about SFIV.

So it looks like if Best Buy doesn't get them tomorrow, I'll make the drive out to the country and go to Super Walmart.

I'm just glade by this time tomorrow I'll actually be playing!!!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
TurtleSnatcher said:

This only happens during Quick Match searches (I assume you're talking about the flashing 0 bar indicator). It's probably to show that the lag hasn't been checked, only that the game is searching for 3 results as fast as possible.

Guile is retarded.. His Flash kick has insane range.. I poke him for like 4 body lengths away and his flash kick hits my hand.. =[

Guile is my most hated character, followed closely by Zangief and Sagat.

I actually don't mind fighting shotos since I beat them all.

I also hate Blankas and occasional Bisons.

Oichi said:
This only happens during Quick Match searches (I assume you're talking about the flashing 0 bar indicator). It's probably to show that the lag hasn't been checked, only that the game is searching for 3 results as fast as possible.
Even in custom I have only seen 3 yellow bars at most..

And then when I choose that game it never connects and I gotta research in custom for another 30 seconds.. They need to increase that search speed.

Its pretty atrocious.

Nakazato

pelicansurf said:
Being an eagles fan is even more laughable! But no need to start a football argument here, everyone in this godforsaken state is either an Eagles/Raven/Giants assclown.

also, I've never been more excited to go to sleep. Hitting up gamestop first thing in the morning.
Im sry dallas didnt make the playoff :p.

On topic: 10 more hour till i can pick it up :O

Also in Quick Matches - They need to fix the hosts that have timed out or no longer have active rooms.

I swear I saw the same host on a room for 4 hours while playing tonight and everytime you chose him the connection would time out and you'd have to research. He kept reappearing in my search too .. and it was annoying as heck.

drohne said:
can't decide whether to pick up the ps3 ce -- i've already got the 360 import. the anime looks awful from the clips in the game, i'm not that desperate for the soundtrack, and i don't really see why i'd need both versions. but on the other hand it's already paid off with trade-ins, i don't want any other games either, and if i don't buy it now and it gets scarce i might regret it

re5?

-PXG-

Anyone with the PS3 have all the characters unlocked? Can you upload your savedata? I'm getting both versions and don't want to unlock all the characters TWICE.

SnowWolf said:
Anybody picking up the SF4 guide? Just found out it was written by my former coworker Bryan Dawson, aka fighting game extraordinaire :D

Yeah, Amazon shipped mine out today. But honestly, I'll probably just use it as a printed out reference guide for the moves (even though the game has them already). I saw a bunch of peeps complaining on SRK about the tier list he created. And I don't think he included frame data like the Mook released in Japan.

The best fighting game guide released in the U.S. was the SFA2 by Versus book (Matt Taylor, etc). The Tekken 3 wasn't too shabby either.

I thought the Gamefan ones weren't too bad (SF3 and Nightwarriors).

Yeah, first post on 150.

Happy SF4 day all.

Askia47

Hopefully my gamestop has this tomorrow or today I should say, even though I wont be able to play until Wednesday. :lol

yay page 150! :D

Ridli

I'm getting nervous since Gamestop's robotic trollop did not call me today. Gaffers who were called by Gamestop, did you get the call from your local dudes or from Ashley?

There are a lot of other retailers around so I'm certain I'll be able to grab a copy tomorrow, but I really don't want to spend my day running from walmarts to strip malls and so forth.

If all goes well, I will break my fast with waffles, and then right afterwards I sink my teeth into the meaty haunch of Street Fighter's glorious return!

-PXG- said:
I have to work at the store pretty much all fucking day :( I'll probably be too tired to play it when I get home.
You say this...but you will play anyway. You know damn well you will turn it on to, " see what its like real quick..."

Six hours later you will ask yourself what just happen :lol

Top Bottom