• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I've been calling around the local HMVs' (Mississauga Area) and they are expecting it today but one place said they are expected to come in later today (and will sell it) when the other places said they are selling it tomorrow...

Spy

I called the Gamestop I preordered SFIV at last night and they told me I can come pick up my CE this afternoon. That's nice and all but I really don't want to play without a stick. B&N and Amazon still haven't shipped my FightSticks. I don't have a Fry's around me...what local stores would I be able to find a FightStick at? I live in Nor-Cal.

RavenFox

Banned
Spy said:
I called the Gamestop I preordered SFIV at last night and they told me I can come pick up my CE this afternoon. That's nice and all but I really don't want to play without a stick. B&N and Amazon still haven't shipped my FightSticks. I don't have a Fry's around me...what local stores would I be able to find a FightStick at? I live in Nor-Cal.
I know it's hard man but be patient :)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
For those of you that have the game (since its officially out), can you take pics of the inside covers?

Juuuuust curious, is all.

ShinAmano

Ridli said:
This thread is flipping out, I love it!

Also, I think the most important thing we need to take away from the last few pages is that I now have to invent a recipe for Blanka burgers. I'm thinking something spicy and fierce that will make you shout out Whharroooooo when you take a bite.
Awesome...my idea for a 'Blanka Burger'

Jalapeno Kaiser Roll
Cayenne seasoned Angus beef
Pepper Jack Cheese
Lettuce & Tomato
Spicy Mayonnaise
Fried Jalepenos
Grilled Onions

Serve with Cheese (and bacon or/and chili) covered Steak Fries and a Kosher Pickle.

:D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Store said no at 10am, I'm going to try around 6pm tonight, I paid every cent so worth a stab to check.

I hate waiting, especially when I feel like I shouldn't have to.

smh @ some of the experiences here

if a company keeps fucking you in the ass, and you hear stories of them fucking other consumers in the ass, STOP SUPPORTING THEM

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MoxManiac said:
Did Capcom undership SF4 or is the buzz really this big?

I think SFIV iterations are a lock at this point, judging by how things are going.

Fixed that for you.

Threi

notag
i went and put down a hold on a copy of SF4 and a 360 fightpad ($49.99CAD) until Friday.

first time i have ever done that with a game.

now begins the agonizing 3 day wait :(

knee

joker27 said:
impressions bro impressions

It's a pretty damn good game so far and a fitting successor. I'm trying to get out of HD Remix timing, so there's a little hump there. Online matches are a little laggy and there's an optional install with a looping song that's going to drive you crazy... and then you'll look for the song to add to your jogging playlist.

However, if you want to play single player, turn off the arcade join-in setting. I was getting HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER every second.

Still playing, so maybe more impressions later. You'll probably have it by then though. :D

Coen

God, I suck at this game. Any guides or general tips how to smooth into it? I want to like it, but I have no idea what I'm doing. :(

MoxManiac

knee said:
It's a pretty damn good game so far and a fitting successor. I'm trying to get out of HD Remix timing, so there's a little hump there. Online matches are a little laggy and there's an optional install with a looping song that's going to drive you crazy... and then you'll look for the song to add to your jogging playlist.

However, if you want to play single player, turn off the arcade join-in setting. I was getting HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER every second.

Still playing, so maybe more impressions later. You'll probably have it by then though. :D

Hey, have you played any 4-bar matches? Are those laggy?

Spy

RavenFox said:
I know it's hard man but be patient :)
But I need to find a FightStick today! On my lunch break I'm going to pick up my CE. There's a Target and GameCrazy in that area.

Lumine

Wow I need a break. Normal mode is hard. :O
I started out with Ken, but I got stuck at E.Honda on 7th stage. My left fingers hurt, the DS3 is far from ideal for this game and it's not the dpad that's the problem. Also the game is much faster and more frantic than previous SF's. Or at least the way I remember them. :p

I guess I just need more practice than I thought. Everything else about the game is just excellent. :)

Well except maybe for those awkward vocal tracks. Oh and the anime cutscenes would've been better off just using the awesome in-game models.

Oh what the hell am I bitching for. Back to the game!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
MoxManiac said:

I think SFV is a lock at this point, judging by how things are going.

This is par for the GAF hype course.

Halo 3 was this bad IIRC... I bet Killzone will be worse as more is at stake there :eek:

Chamber said:
According to Target.com, SF4 has been delayed to November 8th! NOOOOOOOO
Holy crap. I work in the backroom at my local Target and we already have Halo Wars in the back, but no SF4, I'll have to take a look tonite and ask the electronics manager about that. That sucks so hard. I'm glad I already own it.

keanerie

Spy said:
But I need to find a FightStick today! On my lunch break I'm going to pick up my CE. There's a Target and GameCrazy in that area.

You can give those a try, but I think you'll just have to wait it out.

The_Shambler

Neo Member
I'm from the UK and my copy got shipped by shopto.net yesterday by 1st class recorded delivery, but it still hasn't turned up!

Has anyone else in the UK who ordered from shopto.net received their copy yet?

Ridli

ShinAmano said:
Awesome...my idea for a 'Blanka Burger'

Jalapeno Kaiser Roll
Cayenne seasoned Angus beef
Pepper Jack Cheese
Lettuce & Tomato
Spicy Mayonnaise
Fried Jalepenos
Grilled Onions

Serve with Cheese (and bacon or/and chili) covered Steak Fries and a Kosher Pickle.

:D

Damn Gaf, way to be ahead of the game!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
MoxManiac said:

I think SFV is a lock at this point, judging by how things are going.
Right now it just look likes online retailers got screwed. Both Wal-Mart and Gamestop online are backordered. Amazon appears to be shipping two days late. Most B&M stores will probably have it tomorrow.

Lesson learned.

BdoUK

brandonh83 said:
In Lexington, KY there are TWO Gamestops almost SIDE BY SIDE. In the same shopping center. I don't know why but, there are.

ONE Gamestop isn't allowing people who didnt preorder until tomorrow.
The OTHER Gamestop IS, but I just got off the phone and he said there's a huge line waiting to pick it up.

WHY THE FUCK IS THE POLICY DIFFERENT between two of the EXACT SAME FUCKING STORES like five feet away? I just don't understand shit sometimes.

Ahh the twin Hamburg Gamestops. Always confuses the piss out of me.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
The_Shambler said:
I'm from the UK and my copy got shipped by shopto.net yesterday by 1st class recorded delivery, but it still hasn't turned up!

Has anyone else in the UK who ordered from shopto.net received their copy yet?

Regular or CE?

My CE got shipped today with a tracking number via TNT.

nasero

LiK said:
great, my gamestop.com preorder is backordered. i preordered in dec 08. wow gamestop, wow.

That's weird, the game listing shows it as shipping in 24 hours, not backordered if you go to it from the main page.

MoxManiac

_dementia said:
If I loved playing as Urien in 3S is there anyone I'd gravitate towards in this roster with regards to moveset?

:(

Dhalsim or Seth, I guess.

Sim's ultra is eerily similar to aegis reflector in function.

Seth has a bunch of urien's normals.

That's as close as you're going to get :(

LALILULELO

Neo Member
The TE STICK has hit Holland and I just picked my reservation up.
Great quality! I also saw the pads in the store, not convinced about them though, prefer the Saturn USB ones.

Got everything now, the game and the stick~ shoryuken !

Barrett2

Son of a bitch, I just called 11 stores, not a single one has the game today. Why god... why... Can't believe I have to wait till tomorrow, this sucks.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I decided to install the game so I have not played it yet but IN-DES-TRUCTIBLE! NOTHING'S GONNA STOP ME NOW!

*shoots self*

Top Bottom