• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

bumpkin

At the risk of being shameless and annoying (well, when aren't I?), has anyone in the northeast (MA/CT/NH/ME) gotten word that your local GameStop has the game in?

VictimOfGrief said:
Guys who pre-ordered @ Gamestop, cancel and go out to the stores today.... you have your marching orders... NOW GO!

I would, but all the stores in my area say tomorrow. Blerg.

I pre-ordered with overnight shipping to avoid this shit. Thanks, GameStop.

woodypop

AgentOtaku said:
Not worried about it living up here in AK. Shit ALWAYS arrives the next shipping day, so no CE until tommorow afternoon for me =/
lol, whereabouts in AK? I grew up in Anchorage.

My nearby GameCrazy said they should have it available this afternoon, and I might even score a TE stick. God, I hope so!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I just went to the store to trade in some crappy ass games... and in the 4 minutes I was at the counter... the dude got 10 (10!!!!!) calls asking about SF4 and 5 people lined up behind me asking the same thing....

Absolutely nuts.

Barrett2

Chamber said:
God, if I had a magazine rack in my house, that shit would be getting pushed over right about now.

Seriously. This is one of the few times when I am dying to get a game on launch day, and I can't.

Its bad enough I have to sit next to a girl with a DD rack who wears insanely low cut shirts every Tuesday and Thursday morning, all I can think about is touching those puppies... add in the SF4-less day, and the tension is killing me.

LiK

careksims said:
That's why when I pre-order online, I make sure it's at-store pick up. I'm paranoid like that >_>;

i preordered mainly for the bonus and the online store usually fulfills it. my coworker preorders at the B&M stores all the time but he's been screwed over for the preorder bonuses a lot lately. i guess i'll just have to wait a lil bit longer.

Snaku

Banned
Just picked up my preorder of the PS3 CE! I'm gonna relax, put on my Ryu headband, eat my Chick-fil-A, and then the fight will begin again. :D

If anybody wants to spar, PSN: takuguy

Wow good to see so many people interested in this game. Sucks I won't have it till tomorrow, but thats ok.

I picked up a chun-li fightpad last night as well. I already have a Ken one, been breaking it in with SSF2THD and Sonics Genesis Collection. Highly recommend picking one up if you aren't getting a stick or plan on playing with the default controller.

El_TigroX said:
I just went to the store to trade in some crappy ass games... and in the 4 minutes I was at the counter... the dude got 10 (10!!!!!) calls asking about SF4 and 5 people lined up behind me asking the same thing....

Absolutely nuts.

That makes me happy. I hope this sells big and paves the way for SF5.

wRATH2x

Banned
I got the game!!

And I love love love love love love love love love love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gameplay is easy to get into but hard to master,the graphics are amazing and the music is awesome!!!!

I cant believe Capcom delivered,this game is everything I wanted in a street fighter,I cant believe it finally a game this generation I can play without saying"this could have been better".

Fuck it Im going to say it:

Street Fighter>>>>>>>>All other SFs.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mattlikewhoa said:
Every time I refresh this thread and read that people are getting their games, I die a little on the inside :lol Common lunch time!!!!

Me 2. I checked best buy on newbury street and they said they will get it tomorrow. :( sad face.

Mik2121

Wrath2X said:
I got the game!!

And I love love love love love love love love love love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gameplay is easy to get into but hard to master,the graphics are amazing and the music is awesome!!!!

I cant believe Capcom delivered,this game is everything I wanted in a street fighter,I cant believe it finally a game this generation I can play without saying"this could have been better".

Fuck it Im going to say it:

Street Fighter>>>>>>>>All other SFs.
wut

woodypop said:
lol, whereabouts in AK? I grew up in Anchorage.

My nearby GameCrazy said they should have it available this afternoon, and I might even score a TE stick. God, I hope so!

Currently at Elmendorf AFB ...but I'm leaving in 4 months (thank god)

i'm so setting myself up for disappointment knowing well the game won't be here until tomorrow but fuck it. everyone is getting their game today. if i don't get it you guys better start posting pictures and online impressions and all that!

inner-G

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK all over my face CAPGOD

This game is EXACTLY what old-school SFII fans wanted.

Online works good. Lagged against some Japanese guy, but he only had 1 connection bar thingy. Played against a US guy with 1 bar and had 0 problems. (Got owned by both, lol)

The opening CG is fukken epic, and i skipped some anime-ish intro when I started arcade Mode. You can opt to let online people jump in a fight you during your arcade mode playthrough.

Overall, it looks gorgeous and you, alas, will soon part with $60

Go buy it

BenjaminBirdie said:
Even the $40 pads are going to be rare?!? What the dang?!?!?!?

I've heard the same from a gamestop manager. He said they only got one shipment with enough to cover pre-orders and 2 extras and would not be getting another shipment. I am keeping my chun-li pad sealed, in case they do get really rare.

I've got the PS3 Collectors Edition & the Strategy Guide on preorder at Play, plus the Ryu Madcatz pad on Amazon & the SE Madcatz Arcade Stick at GameSeek & I bet that none of them will bloody get to me on the 20th! ]:(

It's a good thing I got a HMV voucher from Christmas that I haven't used yet so I can get myself the 360 version :D

inner-G

Banned
SuperEnemyCrab said:
I've heard the same from a gamestop manager. He said they only got one shipment with enough to cover pre-orders and 2 extras and would not be getting another shipment. I am keeping my chun-li pad sealed, in case they do get really rare.
My GS had 1 Blanka pad left but I didn't grab it. I have sticks, and if I were to get a pad, I'd want the Chun-Li one to match my PS2 anniversary Chun-Li pad.

Barrett2

BenjaminBirdie said:

I put one of my extra fight pads for sale on Ebay, and some dude bid it up to $70... people can't get enough, apparently.

Somnia

BenjaminBirdie said:

I was going to get one at work,but was on vacation for a week and we only got 1 pad in...ken. So I did not get it =( So I went onto Amazon last night and ordered one and it has an estimated ship date of the 24th of feb =(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LiK said:
great, my gamestop.com preorder is backordered. i preordered in dec 08. wow gamestop, wow.

Weird,I pre-ordered a copy just 3 days ago online and my status changed to pending.

GQman2121

Banned
lawblob said:
I put one of my extra fight pads for sale on Ebay, and some dude bid it up to $70... people can't get enough, apparently.

Damn, I should run back and see if I can pick up that Akuma one then. I have work too do and it's so cold out.......

I just imagined that at least ONE input device for an extremely popular fighting game that will probably have fairly long legs would be permanently in print. I mean, come on.

:(

rhino4evr

So..is their any difference between the PS3 version and 360 version. I am torn at the moment. For one, all of my friends have a 360 but I can't stand the controls for it. I fail way too often in SFIIHD on LIVE, mostly due to controller error. I am not going to buy a new controller just to play this. So The PS3 game seems like a sure bet, but I don't have any friends on PSN..so it's going to be really lonely.

Top Bottom