• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MoxManiac

Spy said:
It's been a long time since I've played a game for more than 8 hours. I love you SFIV. No one answered my question about if there's a way to see someone's win/loss ratio in ranked games.

Tell me about it. I kept saying to myself "last match then i'm going to bed. Oh shit that match was awesome, I want another!"

Prezhulio

i am getting my ASS handed to me online, i am much worse than i thought ;(. and for the love of god people, unplug your goddamn wireless router from your 56k line and get a real connection.

ElyrionX

RubxQub said:
Go through arcade made without using a continue after you've unlocked all of the other characters that you can, and win twice with perfects and twice with ultimates (more if you'd like, but at least 2).

When you beat Seth, you'll fight Akuma.

Easy to do if you set the game to Easiest.

You don't need a single ultra finish to unlock Akuma. I did it with only two or three perfects and users have reported unlocking him with just one perfect and no ultra finish.

Jirotrom

bdizzle said:
when he wall jumps back fierce in his face. be unpredictable. play on easy lol

stats is for the current session you're in. only shows you vs the guy you're playing atm. doesn't show you're entire record.

EDIT:

anyone know what other home unlockables there are? I got the dan shirt but i want more!
thanks...already beat him... i have to play the game on medium for the achievements:p

Is anyone else having problems finding a nearby Best Buy with the PS3 version in stock? It seems like all of the stores around here have the 360 version and their website shows only a scattered few as having the PS3 version as available.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ElyrionX said:
You don't need a single ultra finish to unlock Akuma. I did it with only two or three perfects and users have reported unlocking him with just one perfect and no ultra finish.
Interesting...well I got him either way! :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
baphometbones said:
Is anyone else having problems finding a nearby Best Buy with the PS3 version in stock? It seems like all of the stores around here have the 360 version and their website shows only a scattered few as having the PS3 version as available.

weird. Same thing happened when DMC4 came out. I couldnt find it on ps3, only 360. So I ended up not buying the game, it was too hard with the 360 face buttons.

Ronabo said:
Jesus H Christ. Viper is Fat?!?? WTF?!

/me shakes head.

I like these so called fatties then.

street%20fighter.jpg

E Honda likes you too.

Grifter

RubxQub said:
Go through arcade made without using a continue after you've unlocked all of the other characters that you can, and win twice with perfects and twice with ultimates (more if you'd like, but at least 2).

When you beat Seth, you'll fight Akuma.

Easy to do if you set the game to Easiest.

Are you sure? I just did that twice on 1-round easiest and he didn't fight me.

Some guides say to beat the game with every hidden character first.

Archie said:
Goddamn it. My copy still hasn't shipped from Amazon.
I was lucky to cancel my game order from Amazon last night before everyone got locked in for delayed shipping (I was able to snag a PS3 CE at my local GameStop last night). I still have my TE stick on order with them, I'll just wait that out. I have my modded VSHG (octo-gate and bat top) which is way more than adequate for me right now =)

Jirotrom

RubxQub said:
I was getting kicked from unranked matches a lot last night...are people able to check your unranked stats or something?

I see the Check Stats button but I've never pressed it :lol
you were getting kicked because they accidentally put the join mode on while they are playing arcade... that caught me off guard.

Spy

That way the game handles ranked matches is perfect. Newcomers won't get intimidated by their win/loss ratio since it only shows wins. The battle point system is amazing.

Zeliard

RubxQub said:
Interesting...well I got him either way! :lol

This is exactly what I did for both. Not sure what did it exactly.

Akuma: I used Ryu, put rounds at 1, got one perfect, got zero Ultras, no continues

Gouken: I used Akuma, put rounds at 1, got two perfects, got three Ultras, no continues

I fought Akuma on my first attempt to find him, but with Gouken it took two. However, the first time I tried to fight Gouken, I had more than three Ultra finishes and didn't get him. So, if you do too many Ultras it apparently doesn't work either.

ElyrionX said:

Yep.

Wallach

RubxQub said:
I guess it's just my personality, but when playing with randoms I'm a super friendly person. I congratulate them when they own me in flashy ways and I tell them "good game" if I win. Admit when I got lucky and am humble when I execute well.

Playing with folks online for me is a much more calming experience than playing with friends, as I must win at all costs :lol

It's something I got very used to playing SF2T in random tournaments (generally moving between Seattle and Portland). I guess it depends on what kind of "trash talk" we are talking about, though. Some of the crap people say on Xbox LIVE is not the kind of trash talk you'd hear at a tournament. That is the kind of stuff that would get you smacked; the stuff I'm talking about is generally in good spirits and is taken that way.

Won

Got this game earlier today and dear god do I suck at this game. I think I spent nearly 3 hours in arcade mode unable to finish it. :(

Teknoman

_dementia said:
i think they meant phat

pretty hot and tempting

goddamn

Oh. Better be PH :lol

Also wow...I just fought a guy online who did nothing but stand with Ryu and fierce kick. Easy win, but kinda felt bad. Maybe his controller was broken or something?

Gotta get some practice with Blanka too.

Wallach

CcrooK said:
Oiy. I need work on my Sakura. But then again, all I get are fucking Ken and Ryu matches.

I'm pretty sure 90% of your randoms matches are going to be versus shoto-scrubs for the entirety of this game's online lifespan. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Gonna pick this up in the next few minutes. I even skipped two classes to pick it. Fuck college and business. :lol

dfyb

Banned
Wallach said:
I'm pretty sure 90% of your randoms matches are going to be versus shoto-scrubs for the entirety of this game's online lifespan. :lol
nah, it'll even out as people try new characters. some people are just farming BP right now with characters they're familiar with.

LowParry

Wallach said:

You're probably right. This weekend should be fun! The few problems I'm trying to toss in are using Sakura's hurricane kick. Just need time. This is my first hands on play time with SFIV (since we have no arcades). Cammy will be my next choice. Diggin the fast characters.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wallach said:

I've played around 300 online matches and I can sadly confirm this. :lol

I played Grifter last night and he used used Bison/Vega (dictator). First time I played anyone using him! I don't think I've played any Rufus players yet, either.

zoukka

Relix said:
Gonna pick this up in the next few minutes. I even skipped two classes to pick it. Fuck college and business. :lol

(neutral) Relix
he's Virgin Tight™
(Today, 05:23 PM)

Sorry I had to ;D

And I bought this too goddamn! I don't have a second controller and can't get online any time soon... crazy. So cheap though.

Teknoman

Keeping a cool head really helps when playing with El Fuerte. Can really mess spammers up. I think im starting to get it.

It would be awesome if the majority of people were just playing because they were familiar with the classics...not just because they can only spam projectiles.

Got no problem playing against Ryu,Ken, Akuma, and the rest...but the spamming is a lil tiresome.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Oh and its funny that my Gamestop told me to get there ASAP because they had LESS copies than the preorder numbers. What the fuck?

Teknoman said:
Keeping a cool head really helps when playing with El Fuerte. Can really mess spammers up. I think im starting to get it.
Ei. He's awesome and his grapples are really strong. It's going to take a while before I can say he's a part of my regular team, but I'm definitely enjoying playing as him.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just got back from best buy at lunch and ran up to the video game section only to be told the special editions are behind the register, so ran back down 3 levels to the cash register and bought my special edition. Only 1 PS3 CE and 2 360 CEs left when I left.

iPhone pic. sorry.

251761b7.jpg

Barrett2

Relix said:
Oh and its funny that my Gamestop told me to get there ASAP because they had LESS copies than the preorder numbers. What the fuck?

Pre-ordering is a chumps game, I have no idea why anyone does it. You are guaranteed nothing, and you can 99.9% of the time just buy the game on launch day at any number of other stores.

Kaibutsu

Archie said:
Goddamn it. My copy still hasn't shipped from Amazon.

my copy of the PS3 CE was "shipping" late last night, should ship out sometime today, until then I'll just keep playing my 360 version :D Just two more people to go to unlock seth! yay me

anyway, if anyone wants to play hit me up : on the 360 - Malrock kun
in a day or so on the ps3 - malrock

Teknoman

Man I love revenge moves. Nothing like catching someone when they think they've got you...with a Giga Buster. Adios!

Off to work now, hopefully i'll get some GAF player matches (360) going later tonight.

iMike76

Banned
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175613

Ok, over at shoryuken.com there's a post about how to unlock all the characters, but there seems to be some confusion on how to do this. Some say 1 perfect round and 2 Ultra finishers, and other people say something different.

Does anyone have concrete info on how to do this?

Is this correct?

[Can unlock with one-round matches on the lowest difficulty level]
Sakura: Clear with Ryu
Cammy: Clear with C. Viper
Dan: Clear with Sakura
Fei-Long: Clear with Abel
Gen: Clear with Chun-Li
Rose: Clear with Dictator

Gouki/Akuma: After unlocking the above six, defeat Gouki
[For one-round matches: At least one perfect, no continues]
Gouken: After finishing the game with Gouki, defeat Gouken with any character
[For one-round matches: at least one perfect, no continues, at least two Ultra finishes]
Seth: Clear with all other characters

NOTE: Gouki and Gouken only appear to show up on the second or later playthrough with a given character. Perhaps it depends on your performance in Arcade Mode.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
lawblob said:
El Fuerte was raping my shit last night. That dude is fast.
I just hate that Fuerte seemingly only has two moves...and they are both very odd.

One is like a dash that turns into something...and the other is an anti-air grab.

Dude's usually darting all over the screen, but I've been able to just beat that dude up without too much problem.

Probably haven't fought anyone that knows how to use him, though :lol

Teknoman

RubxQub said:
I just hate that Fuerte seemingly only has two moves...and they are both very odd.

One is like a dash that turns into something...and the other is an anti-air grab.

Dude's usually darting all over the screen, but I've been able to just beat that dude up without too much problem.

Probably haven't fought anyone that knows how to use him, though :lol

He's awesome to trap people just getting up, or fool someone with a backwards habanero dash, only to do a back flip into a Tortilla propeller grab. Standing close or far heavy kick is great too (dropkick or launcher).

Arde5643

Teknoman said:

It would be awesome if the majority of people were just playing because they were familiar with the classics...not just because they can only spam projectiles.

Got no problem playing against Ryu,Ken, Akuma, and the rest...but the spamming is a lil tiresome.
I think the best way to play Fuerte is imagining yourself like Rashad Evans - run, keep a distance, poke them a bit with your specials, frustrate them with mix-ups on the wakeup, and then run to keep distance again.

Once they get frustrated and start whiffing big, then it's time for ultra!! :D

Top Bottom