• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Teknoman

Arde5643 said:
I think the best way to play Fuerte is imagining yourself like Rashad Evans - run, keep a distance, poke them a bit with your specials, frustrate them with mix-ups on the wakeup, and then run to keep distance again.

Once they get frustrated and start whiffing big, then it's time for ultra!! :D

His ultra is really great against broad shoulder or tall fighters. Vega, Sagat, Abel, Zangief, etc. are almost always 100% ultra connects.

EDIT: 2nd day of heated SFIV matches and one medium (hour long) Seth battle. No issues with the SE Fight stick yet.

DustinC

Damn I love this game. Played thru arcade mode last night with Ryu to unlock Sakura, and managed to beat Seth on Medium. Now though, playing thru with C. Viper, I can't even beat this ass on Easy. Also, for whatever reason, Abel is almost as tough as Seth for me in Arcade mode.

I love doing the challenges, but man I suck at them. Cleared the first two rounds with Ryu and Sakura but get stuck on the third, and I was feeling pretty good about clearing three with Ken until I got to the fourth section. My fingers don't move that fast :(

I love the winning quotes each character has for each opponent (Viper's money-related quotes are funny)...it would've been awesome if Bison/Vega/Dictator used the 'Tuesday' quote when he beats Chun Li though :lol

Barrett2

RubxQub said:
I just hate that Fuerte seemingly only has two moves...and they are both very odd.

I was confused by the frying pan in his opening animation, and I don't think I ever mentally recovered.

epmode

PhatSaqs said:
I never use a mic in fighting games. What the hell is anyone expecting to hear other than the sound of buttons being smacked and a laugh or two.
I hope you're talking about vs. randoms. Friends without a mic get instantly delisted on my end.

And I'd still use a mic with some randoms. Have you ever complimented anyone on their playing style or whatever? It's how you make awesome innernet friends.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Teknoman said:
Keeping a cool head really helps when playing with El Fuerte. Can really mess spammers up. I think im starting to get it.

It would be awesome if the majority of people were just playing because they were familiar with the classics...not just because they can only spam projectiles.

Got no problem playing against Ryu,Ken, Akuma, and the rest...but the spamming is a lil tiresome.

Yeah el fuerte was messing me up last night. I play as viper and was spamming special moves, he was fuckin' me up for a while

RubxQub said:
I just hate that Fuerte seemingly only has two moves...and they are both very odd.

One is like a dash that turns into something...and the other is an anti-air grab.
I love his dash into strong punch. I can totally see that move messing with people.

Barrett2

Looks like I will receive my SE Fight Stick tomorrow. I think I will sell it on Ebay, though. I would be a chump to not make a quick $50 on it considering I already have a fight pad...

Evlar

Banned
I'm a scrub so I can't have informed opinions on any of this. I thought El Fuerte's moveset looked interesting. The dial-a-finish element of his running animation seems like a fun mechanic to toy with people.

ph15h

Neo Member
damn you gamestop. how do you have the Standard Edition in stock but not the Collector's edition? I pre-ordered too :mad: isn't that like against policy to sell somebody's pre-order?

PhatSaqs

Banned
epmode said:
I hope you're talking about vs. randoms. Friends without a mic get instantly delisted on my end.

And I'd still use a mic with some randoms. Have you ever complimented anyone on their playing style or whatever? It's how you make awesome innernet friends.
Of course if im playing peeps on the FL i'll plug in the mic but just for random ranked matches F that.

jonah777

Screw Amazon... I walked into my local Canadian EB Games and got the game today. I'll be busy for a little while so excuse me... :D

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I dunno how the early Euros are doing, but I cannot get a decent online match going over LIVE at all. Out of about 20 matches, maybe 3 have actually had a bar. I get tired of kicking the same dudes over and over and end up fighting them in incredibly laggy situations.

There needs to be optional region locking for ranked and public games :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
lawblob said:
Pre-ordering is a chumps game, I have no idea why anyone does it. You are guaranteed nothing, and you can 99.9% of the time just buy the game on launch day at any number of other stores.

That's what I did.

Captain N

Captain N said:
I NEED HELP!

I'm in the middle of doing trials for El Fuerte and am on the last one in Trials 3..I can't seem to pull the move off fast enough! Any videos? I am doing it as fast as I can here!

I still need help with this..any videos of it or tips?

Arde5643

Zeliard said:
I don't know if the damage is nerfed, but I think its priority is lower.
Less invincibility frames and less priority unless you're using the EX version (which feels like old school FK).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Man, those TE prices are insane. I might eBay mine (assuming Amazon actually delivers it) and buy a HRAP EX.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
25z6k90.jpg

Got my games but no TE sticks. I'm sorry, but I have to vent one last time. Fuck you Mad Catz for thie TE stick debacle. The people who pre-ordered your TE stick should have been priority #1 and you fucked that up. The work you put into the stick is obviously top notch (from impressions, I wouldn't know because you didn't get me the stick) but it's good for nothing right now. I rode the hype for your product to the point where I pre-ordered one for each system the day pre-orders opened. However, while the hype for the game is sky high for me, the hype for the TE sticks is dead. I got my money back and Hori will enjoy the business.

With that off my chest, time to go enjoy the game. :D :D :D

The more I think about it the more I am convinced Mark Man was out to mess everyone up from the beginning.

MarkMan=Marketing Man.

Hes nothing but hype created by S-Kill.

I want to throw my TE stick up on ebay, but all I have is an amazon note saying it will deliver on the 25th.
I preordered on the 25th of November so I better fucking get it.

Jirotrom

YuriLowell said:
The more I think about it the more I am convinced Mark Man was out to mess everyone up from the beginning.

MarkMan=Marketing Man.

Hes nothing but hype created by S-Kill.

I want to throw my TE stick up on ebay, but all I have is an amazon note saying it will deliver on the 25th.
I preordered on the 25th of November so I better fucking get it.
what do you mean...

Kaibutsu

Sato Koiji said:
Why buy the same game for both HD consoles?

Is there a special reason for it?

because we are crazy! My reason was i wasn't sure when amazon was going to ship my ps3 CE so being impatient i bought it for the 360 when i saw it at gamestop

Skilletor

I got both a ps3 and a 360 TE stick from gamestop. ps3 stick came in last night :D (360 wed/thur last week).

Best sticks I've ever owned (and I have a byrdo). I love them both.

Will be picking up the game soon. I hate everybody that owns it.

keanerie

Sorry if this has been mentioned already in this thread, but, Persona fans: Chun-Li's VA = Rise and C. Viper is Yukari. When I first fought Chun with Viper I was like...wait a second.

*squeal* that was so cool senpai!!!

"Yo tekno, you got the game yet?"

Man, no, I don't have it yet and I'm pretty livid about the whole situation why I don't have it. Synopsis: GG Capcom Store.

Kaibutsu said:
because we are crazy! My reason was i wasn't sure when amazon was going to ship my ps3 CE so being impatient i bought it for the 360 when i saw it at gamestop

Arent we all a little bit crazy?

Anyone who says shut up COME ON JUST ADMIT IT!!!
We are crazy mofos.

kaskade

I don't have enough for the game, at least enough to have some money left over for the rest of the week. I need to try and find some stuff to trade in. ANyone know how much Midnight Club is going for.

Nightz

Skilletor said:
I got both a ps3 and a 360 TE stick from gamestop. ps3 stick came in last night :D (360 wed/thur last week).

Best sticks I've ever owned (and I have a byrdo). I love them both.

Will be picking up the game soon. I hate everybody that owns it.
I have the game but no stick. I hate you. :p

LiK

both CEs arrive this friday. not too bad considering i wont have time to play any consoles games this week.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Teknopathetic said:
"Yo tekno, you got the game yet?"

Man, no, I don't have it yet and I'm pretty livid about the whole situation why I don't have it. Synopsis: GG Capcom Store.
Buy it from a local store and return your Capcom Store version of the game back to the local store.

:D

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I'm sure this question has probably already been asked, but frankly I don't feel like digging through dozens of pages to find it.

I like what I see in SFIV, but (color me crazy) have never played a Street Figther game in any serious attempt to learn the game.

Would it be possible to pick up and get into this one or do I need to go back and play SFII?

Zeliard

CaptainCamerica said:
Uh...I just beat Gouken with Ryu and he didn't unlock? Halp! What am I missing? I have Akuma.

If you have Akuma, and you actually fought Gouken and beat him, there's no reason he shouldn't be unlocked. I've heard of that happening to other people, but only when they didn't already have Akuma unlocked.

GuessWho said:
installing the game on ps3, is it worth it?

Absolutely. Loading times are virtually non-existent after installing.

DOO13ER said:
I'm sure this question has probably already been asked, but frankly I don't feel like digging through dozens of pages to find it.

I like what I see in SFIV, but (color me crazy) have never played a Street Figther game in any serious attempt to learn the game.

Would it be possible to pick up and get into this one or do I need to go back and play SFII?
you shouldn't have a problem starting here

LiK

DOO13ER said:

you can learn with this game.

DAMNIT! This game is hard =(

I understand why I need an arcade stick. Not only is the control stick completely inaccurate, but mashing on the controller will wear it out soon at the pace I'm going.

I tried unlocking Cammy yesterday with C. Viper. I decided to do it on easy since I know I'm using inferior controls plus I wouldn't want to hurt my pride by doing it on the lowest setting. GODDAMN! I GOT MY ASS KICKED ANYWAY! Zangief is a beast and I was so frustrated with his throws. Finally beat him after becoming comfortable with focus attacks. But Seth was the most annoying of all. I was able to beat him in the first round once, but that second round is damn near impossible. Ugh!

Also, Viper is kinda blah. I played with Chun Li before her and had nowhere near as hard a time. Does she have a steep learning curve?

Top Bottom