• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

We're almost to 200 pages...sadly I won't be able to post on that momentous occasion since I'm at work.

The thread grows so much that the same information keeps getting posted. Haunts could you please add Ono's comments in the recent Famitsu to the beginning of the thread along with the winning artwork on the inside covers.

Another cool thing would be to maybe add youtube links for all the challenges (I've seen them floating around). It would help so users can visually see...instead of having it conveyed poorly through text.

Just ideas...since hopefully...this thread will live for more than a year...(though I'm sure it'll dwindle to the hard core).

Barrett2

AlphaTwo00 said:
Has anyone run into any freezing issues (on 360, froze twice on loading screen in VS after selecting characters)

Might want to take a quiet moment with your 360 and remember the good times, one last time. RIP

Also, I think Spaniard's Guile/Abel artwork was the best inside cover art (the artwork in the regular 360 isn't too shabby either).

Amazon sent me a shipping notification for my SFIV CE PS3...

Time to play in all of the jaggie and 630p glory...with the heavenly Saturn pad.

Captain N

Captain N said:
I just beat Gouken and it didn't unlock him...ummm..why not?

I figured it out...

Confirmed it. Beat the game with Akuma to unlock his movies first. Then get 2 perfects and 3 ultras with any character to fight Gouken. Beat him to unlock him.

You can fight Gouken without unlocking Akuma's movies, but he won't unlock.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Spiderjericho said:
Also, I think Spaniard's Guile/Abel artwork was the best inside cover art (the artwork in the regular 360 isn't too shabby either).

Amazon sent me a shipping notification for my SFIV CE PS3...

Time to play in all of the jaggie and 630p glory...with the heavenly Saturn pad.

What I wondered is why is Ken on the bad guys side on that artwork

CAVE343

this thread is moving so fast I've given up participating.
I look away and voila new page

edit: The TE STick is so good. I'm getting used to it pretty fast, I really like the ball top. The build quality is top notch. The metal (aluminum?) body gives the whole sticj a great feel. Thanks MarkMan for the awesome product!

Zoe said:
Oh man, still have 4 hours before I can leave work. I hope Best Buys aren't selling out :(

I just picked mine up at Best Buy and they had a ton of copies for both systems available. You might be out of luck if you're looking for the CE, but you should be fine on the regular edition.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
lawblob said:
Might want to take a quiet moment with your 360 and remember the good times, one last time. RIP

That is why I am getting the PS3 version. 360 isn't going to screw me again.

Ashhong

i have been trying to get in a game for the last 20 minutes. COME ON CAPCOM

if anybody wants to play on ps3, add me: Ashhong

Chamber said:
1 day of gameplay with a stick and I feel I'm a lot better than yesterday. This is quite encouraging. :D

One day with stick made me depressed :lol

I had to switch over to controller because i'm still not used to it yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just picked up the PS3 CE.

I'd say the CE is worth it if you want the movie, otherwise don't bother. The packaging is flimsy, the Ryu figurine inside is tiny (and mine is scuffed up), and the "collector's hint book" is just a few pages long with some combos listed for C. Viper, El Fuerte, Abel, and Rufus.

On the plus side, the movie comes in its own Blu-Ray case, and inside there's space for the hint book plus the CD soundtrack (which has 17 character themes, interestingly enough, and NOT the stage themes. Why not both?)

HBP

Has anyone found a copy at Blockbuster yet, I have $100 in credit there so I don't really want to buy it anywhere else.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
GOOD NEWS

1. I sold the PS3 stick GameStop accidentally sent me, covered customs and a bit extra!

2. Roommate called that my 360 SE FightStick arrived today!

3. Tomorrow afternoon when I come home my SF4 will be waiting! Online store shipped it 2 days in advance!

SO HYYYPEEEEED

yeb

So, yesterday I started calling various stores to see if they'd received their shipments, because the GameStop where I preordered sucks and wasn't getting it yesterday. Walmarts, Best Buys, Fry's, etc. all said the 18th. All the local Game Crazies said they already had it, but that they didn't have spares for people who didn't preorder. I then called about 10 GameStops, and finally found one that actually had it AND had spare copies. I had to walk around a rainy shopping plaza, but I got it a day early, yay.

That was about noon yesterday... I didn't check GAF afterwards, and I missed about 1000 posts. Nice work, GAF, and belated congrats to Raging Spaniard.

Anyway, I spent most of yesterday and part of this morning unlocking characters and other stuff. I kind of assumed this would be a game where I'd go for 1000/1000, but the achievements involve playing the AI waaaaaay too much. I was hoping to get some knowledge of all the characters while unlocking Seth, but playing against the computer just doesn't teach you anything; the first time I lost an online match with Zangief, it was because because my hours of play in Challenge mode hadn't actually taught me a decent anti-air. Getting golds in Survival mode is particularly tedious.

See you all online. Good luck against the character selection screen - that thing spams Ken and Ryu a lot, and it's really hard to avoid them.

Lyte Edge said:

I'd say the CE is worth it if you want the movie, otherwise don't bother. The packaging is flimsy, the Ryu figurine inside is tiny (and mine is scuffed up), and the "collector's hint book" is just a few pages long with some combos listed for C. Viper, El Fuerte, Abel, and Rufus.

On the plus side, the movie comes in its own Blu-Ray case, and inside there's space for the hint book plus the CD soundtrack (which has 17 character themes, interestingly enough, and NOT the stage themes. Why not both?)

That sucks...

So it's better to just buy the soundtrack from playasia (or wherever), grab the official strategy guide (or print out the Hardcore Gaming Magazine), grab one of those cheesy NEC SFIV action figures and wait for the costume pack (for all of the characters)...

noooo vader.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Jamesfrom818 said:
No! Stick with the stick.
Yes. Stick with the stick.

I'm still utterly dreadful at the game but at least now I can stop wrestling the stick and begin to learn the game. It's a process. :D

HBP

DMPrince said:
One day with stick made me depressed :lol

I had to switch over to controller because i'm still not used to it yet.

Don't give up, it took me about 2 weeks to get to where I was on a controller on a joystick. I still suck but I have improved from where I was at on a controller.

Lyte Edge said:

Thanks for that.

Anyone have any reviews for the anime?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
HBP said:
Has anyone found a copy at Blockbuster yet, I have $100 in credit there so I don't really want to buy it anywhere else.

iirc blockbuster gets new games that are going on sale on fridays

I'd call

damn this is the fastest moving thread i've ever seen

MIMIC

Banned
I'm on a 15 ranked match winning streak :D (got the achievement along the way, too) But everyone I played had practically no bp. :(

I need to practice Guile's super though. I've stunned so many people but the 360 pad just ain't workin for me :-/

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Lyte Edge said:

plus the DLC voucher

alright, i need to eat food and stop playing before I starve too death LOL
im starting to get used to the pacing, waking ups and stuff... im getting there

tonight, i wanna fight some of you guys later

Y2Kev said:
rufus is the worst. big ugly fatass with stupid specials that take up half the screen.

lol tell em why you mad son

AlphaTwo00 said:
Has anyone run into any freezing issues (on 360, froze twice on loading screen in VS after selecting characters)

the PS3 version froze while sending an invite. I think it was the ps3 moreso than the game (it happened on other games b4)

Ashhong

goddamn does anybody else have this much trouble getting into a game? every single game ends with "connection lost" jeeeeez, been like 40 minutes now =/

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lawblob said:
Plus, Ken's hair is beyond stupid in this game. Looks like he just walked off the set of a 1976 karate sexploitation film.
LEAVE KEN ALONE!

Ken is awesome. Think I'm going to focus on him and C. Viper.

Souther

Banned
Just picked up the game today and installing it.

Just walked into a Futureshop and they had lots of them. No CE's though. I was surprised that the cover is the same as the JP one. For some reason i thought the CE had the JP cover and the standard version had the old chun-li cover.

That was actually one of my main reasons for wanting the CE anyways so don't really care about it now.

Oh...i thought i heard some people here complaining that the manual is in B&W? Dunno but mines in full color.

If you haven't added me feel free. PSN:Cyclonus. If you see me playing feel free to hit me up for some games. Gotta get the feel for the game 1st and unlock everyone so it might be couple hours or so.

Ashhong said:
goddamn does anybody else have this much trouble getting into a game? every single game ends with "connection lost" jeeeeez, been like 40 minutes now =/

i just turn on ranked matches while i'm in arcade. let them come to me. it seems the easiest. and never get any disconnect problem.

rhino4evr

DMPrince said:
i just turn on ranked matches while i'm in arcade. let them come to me. it seems the easiest. and never get any disconnect problem.

yeah this seems like the solution for most people. i never had a dropped game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Do custom matches instead of quick matches to solve the lost connection problem.

Has anyone been able to redeem the brawler pack code on the PS3 version? I get a message telling me its incorrect or has already been used. -_-

Ashhong

DMPrince said:

when i do that, someone challenges me and it takes me to the lobby, but when i get there, theres NOONE THERE! =(

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
100 pages! (if you have 100 posts per page!)

This has been a wonderful journey, guys
emot-patriot.gif

Lyte Edge said:
Has anyone been able to redeem the brawler pack code on the PS3 version? I get a message telling me its incorrect or has already been used. -_-
Mine doesn't work either. I'm going to wait until Thursday after the PSN store updates then contact Capcom.

Top Bottom