• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Spiderjericho said:
How about Hugo instead?

Oh wait...he said he didn't want Final Fight characters...

What about Alex...At ease loser...
Alex is probably a no-go simply because he isn't supposed to meet Ryu until the events in SF3.

His friend Tom (Jean Reno) would be awesome though.

Holy shit, 100 pages!

ShinAmano

Lol I have a chun li wallpaper on my desktop and my data person at work (female) came by and was like woah she is hot...then got all flustered...pretty funny :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just to confirm: I have a Japanese PS3, got the U.S. version. It's all English. Weird that the 360 version plays in multiple languages but the PS3 version does not.

Anyway, after the system install, time to get started on unlocking everything for the SECOND time. Won't take as long this time I guess...

crowphoenix said:
Mine doesn't work either. I'm going to wait until Thursday after the PSN store updates then contact Capcom.

Maybe it's just not up yet.

It is for Japan though. I'm waiting on the next costume pack to be released for the 360 version; should be up later today or tomorrow for Japanese XBL account users. Works fine on U.S. accounts.

Barrett2

ShinAmano said:
Lol I have a chun li wallpaper on my desktop and my data person at work (female) came by and was like woah she is hot...then got all flustered...pretty funny :lol

FHUTA while wearing Ryu costume.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ShinAmano said:

Post this wallpaper, stat!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Online mode is so much damn fun. It keeps my heartbeat so high its like doing a cardio exercise. Don't know what kind of opponent you're going to face so I always have to bring my A game(Sagat). I have a 80% win rate so far with 100 games or so....so many Ken players :lol

Btw, 4 bars=perfect imo

Volcynika

crowphoenix said:
Mine doesn't work either. I'm going to wait until Thursday after the PSN store updates then contact Capcom.

It's coming Thursday from what I saw earlier in the thread mentioned over and over! Unless they're lying.

ShinAmano said:

I'm too embarrassed to use a girl wallpaper at work. Sometimes I change the wallpaper on my netbook when I get in just because its a little awkward.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Volcynika said:
It's coming Thursday from what I saw earlier in the thread mentioned over and over! Unless they're lying.

yeah it was like that with the killzone demo code. It didnt work until the day they put it up on the ps store

Lyte Edge said:
Has anyone been able to redeem the brawler pack code on the PS3 version? I get a message telling me its incorrect or has already been used. -_-

Promo codes never seem to work day 1. SoulCalibur IV's CE DLC items were the same way.

Threi

notag
shagg_187 said:
Game available anywhere in Toronto area?
i got a call yesterday night from my EB that they were in stock and i could pick up my preordered copy (couldn't because my paycheck is on friday) but yeah they are in.

i don't know how far you are though, my location is at Leslie & Elgin Mills

So did anyone notice that while your opponent is performing the animation before his ultra, you can input the combination to do your ultra and yours will most likely hit even though he performed his first. This is true for most of the characters that I've tried it with and is somewhat game-breaking.

Captain N said:
I figured it out...

Confirmed it. Beat the game with Akuma to unlock his movies first. Then get 2 perfects and 3 ultras with any character to fight Gouken. Beat him to unlock him.

You can fight Gouken without unlocking Akuma's movies, but he won't unlock.

I've done that (finished the game with Akuma, gone back with Ryu and done the perfects/ultras) and I still end up fighting Akuma every friggin' time.

Do you have to finish the game with everyone before you fight Gouken? I've unlocked all the other characters, but haven't finished it with all of them yet.

johnFkennedy said:
So did anyone notice that while your opponent is performing the animation before his ultra, you can input the combination to do your ultra and yours will most likely hit even though he performed his first. This is true for most of the characters that I've tried it with and is somewhat game-breaking.

Invincibility frame most likely.

CPS2

OP said:
[For one-round matches: at least one perfect, no continues, at least 2 Ultra finishes]

Mr Haunts could you plz change this to 2 perfects and 3 ultras? On one round matches it still has to be this amount.

Xevren

johnFkennedy said:

Some ultras start out pretty damn slow, its not true for all characters.

Prezhulio

so just encountered the first thing i'm not happy about. custom soundtracks shut off when you play online or start arcade mode with online stuff (ps3). i don't think it's capcoms problem, but who knows. this game is so so good. i love being rose and fucking with scrotos. oh well back to getting my ass handed to me online!!!

johnFkennedy said:
that's why you hit confirm/combo into your ultras

Just picked mine up from Best Buy. Took those clowns forever though. They were all "uh, duhh it's here but it's in the back in a box, come back at 3pm". So I said "No, I want it now, please go get it". So they rummage around for 20 mins, and finally bring me a copy. They knocked $10 off the price though so I can't complain to much I guess.

Can't wait to get home and get online. I would love to get some matches going with fellow gaffers. HD remix showed just how far my skills have lapsed, but i've put in a ton of practice. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself to badly. I actually have some pretty good SF players on my friends list to.

Xbox 360 gamertag: BravoSuperStar

AndresON777

shooting blanks
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Just picked mine up from Best Buy. Took those clowns forever though. They were all "uh, duhh it's here but it's in the back in a box, come back at 3pm". So I said "No, I want it now, please go get it". So they rummage around for 20 mins, and finally bring me a copy. They knocked $10 off the price though so I can't complain to much I guess.

rauljulia.jpg

Ashhong

SuperEnemyCrab said:

Can't wait to get home and get online. I would love to get some matches going with fellow gaffers. HD remix showed just how far my skills have lapsed, but i've put in a ton of practice. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself to badly. I actually have some pretty good SF players on my friends list to.

Xbox 360 gamertag: BravoSuperStar

so you got rewarded for being a dick? way to go best buy

bumpkin

Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssssssss! I gave the GameStop I have the game reserved at a call and asked them two things; is SFIV in and is my TE stick in yet? They said yes to SFIV and no to the TE stick. I got a yes for the important one. Tonight, it's on like Donkey Kong! :D

Aeris130

johnFkennedy said:

Gootecks and Ed Ma talked about this recently, and it seems like every ultra has X amount of startup frames where input is accepted. Pretty sure it's intentional though, and not only limited to inputting ultras.

This is great in my opinion. I hate the fact that some games supers/ultras "pauses" the game (although I guess casuals appreciate all the flash) only to hit you without any chance of retaliating, as long as you were doing anything other than blocking when the move was executed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, I'm looking for some PS3 players to pound in my face. PSN is Tigerheli. Add me for some free wins!

Ashhong said:
so you got rewarded for being a dick? way to go best buy

How was I a dick exactly? I got an email saying the product was ready for in-store pickup. Don't send out the email if it's not ready. I wasn't all rude to the employee's. I just said no, I need it now, I cannot come back at 3pm. True, I did psychocrusher a magazine rack on the way out, but that was a personal grudge between me and the rack.

Edit: the reason for the $10 discount was because if they don't have your in-store pickup order ready by a certain time limit you get a discount.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ashhong said:
to discount 10 dollars because the game was still in the back?

Maybe it was guaranteed at 2 and they didn't have it on the floor at that time. Otherwise, I have no clue why he got a discount.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
bumpkin said:
Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssssssss! I gave the GameStop I have the game reserved at a call and asked them two things; is SFIV in and is my TE stick in yet? They said yes to SFIV and no to the TE stick. I got a yes for the important one. Tonight, it's on like Donkey Kong! :D

I'm on your friends list we should play, unless you're really good I dont want to hurt my ego

Man does anyone else feel like watching the street fighter movie?

The bluray is 25 bucks and I'm broke atm, will have to wait till payday

Not a Jellyfish said:
Really need to pick up a fight stick or arcade stick. 360 controller is just awful, can't pull off any ultras.
What's the difference between a fight stick and an arcade stick?

I'm a noob at this stuff.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
SuperEnemyCrab said:
How was I a dick exactly? I got an email saying the product was ready for in-store pickup. Don't send out the email if it's not ready. I wasn't all rude to the employee's. I just said no, I need it now, I cannot come back at 3pm. True, I did psychocrusher a magazine rack on the way out, but that was a personal grudge between me and the rack.

Oh...man, they never have crap ready for me when I do that in-store pickup. The have never given me a discount for me though. Good that they gave you one.

Top Bottom