• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Pachinko

I finally got my copy today. With fighters I fancy myself mostly a scrub so I always start with training mode , I was able to pull everything off pretty much though there's a couple moves I doubt I could break out during actual gameplay, zangeifs super/ultra and same deal with vega and guile, I have a hard time with the diagonal charge follwed by whatever the hell that weird symbol is , I think it's supposed to be df to db to uf. Idono, I managed to pull vega's special off once. Zangeif too, by rolling the analog stick repeatedly I was able to pull it off but is there some sort of trick to doing it legit ?

Raxus

Threi said:
btw how many Rufus players online? Or do the cool xbox kids not want to play as a fatass?
Personally I can't play Rufus. Him and gen have to rely on their base moveset and I have NO idea how to play either of them without a good guide. I should go into practice mode with them and see what the can do.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Magnus said:
Seriously, are human beings supposed to be able to perform throw escapes? I will never hit LP+LK in time.
You just have to anticipate when you think your opponent will throw. It's more of a prediction rather than a reaction.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Threi said:
not to mention its the only one you (and everyone else in the room) say with Ken as he does it :lol
YES!

ODODODODODOYAH...SHORYUKEN! :lol

But yes, Ken and Ryu are the most popular characters and Ken is a bit easier to learn/cheese with and much flashier.

Raxus

Magnus said:
Seriously, are human beings supposed to be able to perform throw escapes? I will never hit LP+LK in time.
I do it. What kind of throw are you trying to counter? If it is a Zangief throw don't bother.

Zeliard

Teknoman said:
WTF. Seths vaccum makes fireballs pass through it? EX fireballed and he did normal vaccum...right at the last minute.

I think Seth's vacuum move has priority over everything including Ultras.

Darkman M

Im ashamed to see how much ive played this game im 205/329 at 63% winning was high 70'% the first few days. Not to bad though im new to the stick game so im doing alright for now i still have a longggg ways to go before i will consider myself decent.

Magnus

To be clear -- for character unlocking -- does the character you're required to beat the game as have to beat the whole run, or just the rival + Seth, or just Seth?

Spasm

God, I've just gone through Arcade mode twice with Akuma, fulfilling all the requirements, and Gouken still won't show up. 1 round matches: No continues, 2 Ultra finishes, 1 perfect, No Gouken. Is there something else? Do the Ultra finishes need to be at the end (rival, Seth)?

-COOLIO- said:
everyone whos played street fighter casually in the arcade has always loved ken

he has a red gi

he's a pretty boy cool guy

his shoryuken lights people on fire

i <3 ken, i played him first

In my day, Ken's shoryuken didn't light shit on fire, combos were a "mistake," and GamePro was the authority on SF2!

I also started with Ken.

Ashhong said:
sounds like a hell of a waste of time and gas and energy when you could have preordered and avoided ALL of that.

I had the day off and wasn't going to do anything but play SF4 anyway. I had errands to do anyway while I was out. Had I not wanted to waste time, I could have simply picked it up at Fry's on Brokaw cuz they were getting a ton of them in and the place was empty. I simply wanted to see if I could find it earlier while I was out doing stuff. Plus I've always love the thrill of the hunt for something, usually bargains or getting something as early as possible. On top of that I've always hated how Gamestop has pushed preorders on you and refuse to preorder with them unless there is a real need for it. Still hasn't been a need yet. Preordering at Amazon, Buy.com, etc would have done me no good given how people have turned out with their orders. I still got the CE before people who preordered it given that even Best Buy was supposedly holding their copies till 2pm. So again, fuck preordering. There's never been a need. Only thing I'll ever preorder is hardware and we've seen people screwed on that.

Darkman M

Spasm said:
God, I've just gone through Arcade mode twice with Akuma, fulfilling all the requirements, and Gouken still won't show up. 1 round matches: No continues, 2 Ultra finishes, 1 perfect, No Gouken. Is there something else? Do the Ultra finishes need to be at the end (rival, Seth)?

Try again the exact same thing happened to me, played through with ryu one more time and gouken was there.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have midterm exams next week along with a paper due. All I can do with my time is either play SF4 or talk about SF4. :(

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can I get the achievement for beating arcade mode with every character on medium by setting the number of rounds to 1? Or any of the arcade mode achievements for that matter? If rounds are set to one, when you get to Seth, do you get his powered-up version?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Magnus said:
To be clear -- for character unlocking -- does the character you're required to beat the game as have to beat the whole run, or just the rival + Seth, or just Seth?

Just Seth

Yagharek

tapedeck said:
Been playing this game for about 7 hours straight....sooooooooooooo awesome.

And Seth is easy as fuck...dont know what everyone is bitching about.

On a scale of 0 - 10 where Inferno is an easy 6, Jinpachi is a cheap 9 and Dural is a challenging (but fair) 10 ...

I would rate Seth a fair 8. You just have to deal with his black hole move quickly. Very satisfying boss fight, so long as you choose a difficulty appropriate to your skill level. Mine is low :(

Raxus

Spasm said:
Can't lose a round, THREE Ultra finishes, and two perfects.

Zeliard

Raxus said:
Not true I EX fireball him all the time while he performs a vacuum.

Do your Ultras go through? I'm gonna have to mess around with Seth some more. I hear the playable version of Seth is pretty nerfed from the CPU one, but I haven't unlocked or faced him online yet.

CurseoftheGods said:
I finished the game with Akuma (no continues, 3 ultra finishes, 2 perfects) and still haven't unlocked Gouken. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

Try doing it all over again. :lol

What you did is exactly what I did to unlock Gouken, right down to the numbers, but it was on my second go-around with Akuma. So I guess you need to beat it twice with the same guy.

Teknoman

NameGenerated said:
You just have to anticipate when you think your opponent will throw. It's more of a prediction rather than a reaction.

Yup. Just press em when you might be in danger of being thrown.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
-COOLIO- said:
im c viper normal trial 3, challenge 3 i have to do:

-> heavy kick
-> emergency combination (super)

what kind of heavy kick am i suppose to do thought because theres 2 types:

1) near the enemy for a double kick
2) slightly away for 1 high sweeping kick
Do the close one, but do the super really fast so it happens before the 2nd hit

Raxus

For the last time.

You have to beat arcade mode with ALL characters once (including Akuma). THEN you have to achieve 2 perfects, 3 Ultra finishes, and no round losses. That should unlock Gouken. Finish Arcade with Gouken to get Seth.

thirtytwoutside said:
In my day, Ken's shoryuken didn't light shit on fire, combos were a "mistake," and GamePro was the authority on SF2!
Ha, yesterday I was thinking about those pullout mini guides GamePro made of Turbo. They were magazine sized booklets, but the paper was more durable than the rest of the magazine. That thing taught me how to cross up.

Oh god, and they routinely ran fairly comprehensive guides to all the hot arcade fighters like X-Men: COTA.

Those were the days...

Zeliard

Raxus said:
For the last time.

You have to beat arcade mode with ALL characters once (including Akuma). THEN you have to achieve 2 perfects and 3 Ultra finishes and that should unlock Gouken. Finish Arcade with Gouken to get Seth.

That part is certainly not required for Gouken. For Seth, maybe, but I unlocked Gouken without even having played some characters yet.

Raxus

Zeliard said:
That part is certainly not required for Gouken. For Seth, maybe, but I unlocked Gouken without even having played some characters yet.
I think the locked characters do not count but I can't find a list of what characters are needed for Akuma and Gouken.

Teknoman

ashism said:
How do you do El Fuerte's Quesadilla Bomb? It says charge and release K but he isn't doing it.

What am I doing wrong?

You've got to be standing still when releasing k.

EDIT: We should have a GAF SFIV Friday night throwdown since most people should have it by then.

magus

how do I do c.vipers ultra attack? I can do the emergency attafck but not the ultra.

Do I press all three punch buttons at the same time ? =/ I've tried it so many times and it doesn't work.

oh nevermind I figured it out.

Raxus

Do what I do and map all 3 punchs and kicks to a button so when you want to do an ultra you can just do the input and that button. Makes things so much easier. Viper has one of my favorite ultras.

Sad but true story, I countered a viper ultra with Dan't ultra...Dan won.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
magus said:
how do I do c.vipers ultra attack? I can do the emergency attafck but not the ultra.

Do I press all three punch buttons at the same time ? =/ I've tried it so many times and it doesn't work.
on ps3 you press L1

Teknoman

What happened during Ryu's ending? Didnt know the whole Dark hado thing was canon but...still have no idea why it was going to take over after Seth disintegrated. Guess i'm going to have to beat it with Seth to find out?

Top Bottom