• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Pezking

amazon.co.uk starts shipping the TE Sticks:

Items dispatching soon:
Delivery estimate: 23 Feb 2009 - 24 Feb 2009

* 1 of: Mad Catz PS3 Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (PS3)
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

:D :D :D

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The 3xpunch and 3xkick buttons are also really nice for doing ex moves... until you use akuma and try to use it to do an ex dragon punch and then go 'oh... wait... doh'

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Pezking said:
amazon.co.uk starts shipping the TE Sticks:

Items dispatching soon:
Delivery estimate: 23 Feb 2009 - 24 Feb 2009

* 1 of: Mad Catz PS3 Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (PS3)
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

:D :D :D

Ugh. Hopefully this means Amazon US will have good news soon.

Spasm

Zeliard said:
That part is certainly not required for Gouken. For Seth, maybe, but I unlocked Gouken without even having played some characters yet.
Yeah, I just did it without finishing Arcade with most of the regulars. If I didn't get a perfect, I did an Ultra finish. Time to update your guide, Haunts.

Fuck, finally. Now for Seth.

Zeliard

Raxus said:
I think the locked characters do not count but I can't find a list of what characters are needed for Akuma and Gouken.

I beat the game with the specific characters you have to use to unlock the various hidden characters that don't include Akuma, Gouken and Seth. Easiest stuff to unlock.

Then for Akuma, I used Ryu and beat the game with 1 round on, no continues, 1 perfect and zero ultras. For Gouken, I beat it twice with Akuma (he didn't show the first time) and the second time it was with 2 perfects and 3 ultras.

I guess for Seth you gotta beat the Arcade with everyone.

Zeliard said:
That part is certainly not required for Gouken. For Seth, maybe, but I unlocked Gouken without even having played some characters yet.

Unlock Gouki, beat the game with Gouki, then beat arcade mode with anyone after doing 2 perfect finishes, 3 ultra finishes, no continues.

For Seth, beat the game with everyone.

Teknoman

ashism said:
Do it out of a dash or just while standing still when initiating K?

Nah just standing still when you release K. You can hold it at any time or even while fighting to catch your opponent by surprise, however, you can only release K while standing still to activate it. Doesnt work with the Habanero Dash, its just a regular move all its own.

GuessWho said:
how's the saturn pad, it should be coming in for me next week.

I don't have the PS3 version yet (360 only) but it's the saturn pad! It's not the king of the hill for nothing, and it rules for everything else on the system.

ashism

Teknoman said:
Nah just standing still when you release K. You can hold it at any time or even while fighting to catch your opponent by surprise, however, you can only release K while standing still to activate it. Doesnt work with the Habanero Dash, its just a regular move all its own.
I dont think I get it. I am pressing kick while facing a target. All I do is kick. I am holding it. All I do is kick. Am I missing something to initiate it?

Teknoman

ashism said:
I dont think I get it. I am pressing kick while facing a target. All I do is kick. I am holding it. All I do is kick. Am I missing something to initiate it?

Press and hold kick for 2-4 seconds, then release it.

ashism

Teknoman said:
Press and hold kick for 2-4 seconds, then release it.
LK, MK, HK? All I do is the corresponding kick, nothing happens when I let go. What is this move even supposed to look like?

This move is stupid, what the hell. Sometimes he will do it sometimes not. I don't get what it takes to initiate it. A first hit? Something liek that?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The Main Event said:
Damn, as a hardcore fan of Third Strike, I must say, SFIV exceeds my expectations.

Control is butter smooth as hell.

This. I love third strike but now I am cheating on it. :D

Teknoman

ashism said:
LK, MK, HK? All I do is the corresponding kick, nothing happens when I let go. What is this move even supposed to look like?

This move is stupid, what the hell.

Any kick. He rushes forward and rams the opponent. It can go through blanka's electricity and armor breaks most blocks while throwing the opponent across the screen.

EDIT: Yeah it does see a little iffy. Most of the time im successful if I release the kick while im not moving. I usually hold medium or hard kick, but I havent seen a difference.

Threi said:
btw how many Rufus players online? Or do the cool xbox kids not want to play as a fatass?

I'm the only Rufus player I have ever seen online. Everyone underestimates him but he's awesome.

GGs to dfyb and eraldo coil.

I'm looking forward to the first official GAF tournament. :D

BTW, the hottest chick in this game is
Rufus's girlfriend.

sprocket said:
ok how the hell do you beat seth with cviper?

c.mk into mp thunder knuckle x infinity

Teknoman

Guled said:
use this and SRK and save 20$

Seconded. Unless you just want it for collection sake, GAF pro and SRK stuff is the best way to go.

Oh and I hope Tekken 6 & KoF XII are this fun and flawless online. If so, GAF battle arcade will be complete.

WHHYYYY AM I AT WORK!?!? :(

Last night I felt like I finally stepped up my game on the stick. I still mess up quite a bit, especially when playing friends. But my ranked matches have been going better. I finally got the 5 wins in a row trophy when i was switching between ryu and fei long. My Ryu is definitely still my best but i hope to learn Fei Long pretty well by this weekend. I used to play him back in the day but it has been a while.

Raxus said:
For the last time.

You have to beat arcade mode with ALL characters once (including Akuma). THEN you have to achieve 2 perfects, 3 Ultra finishes, and no round losses. That should unlock Gouken. Finish Arcade with Gouken to get Seth.
That isn't right either. All you have to do is finish the game any way you want with Akuma, then fight and beat Gouken with any character. No need to fight him with Akuma, no need to finish the game with every character.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
striKeVillain! said:
I want to pick SF4 up on Friday. I was thinking of picking up the strategy guide. Anyone have it and is it worth it?

I have it. It's $13 on Amazon, comes with a nicely textured, embossed cover and is nicely presented. If you're into frame data, the back of the book has charts that are easy to read. I've only flipped through it so far and the tips and strategies aren't too in-depth. I dunno, I felt it was worth it and I won't even be getting the game anytime soon.

Captain N

Well I think my wife might be going to the hospital in a few hours and have my first son. Anyone want to get some games in before we go?!?

Threi said:
btw how many Rufus players online? Or do the cool xbox kids not want to play as a fatass?

I've been playing as Rufus, but I wouldn't say I'm too good. I've been about 50/50 in ranked matches since I started using him, which is way better than when I started out with Crimson Viper.

Captain N said:
Well I think my wife might be going to the hospital in a few hours and have my first son. Anyone want to get some games in before we go?!?

A man with his priorities in order! :D

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
No matter what I do, I can't get Gouken to show up.
Don't lose a round, get at least one perfect (it might be two, I had two when I did it) and three ultras (any other number and it won't work).

slayn

needs to show more effort.
if you are just trying to beat Seth or any AI opponent, you shouldn't be trying to fight smart. You should just find one move the AI doesn't handle well and spam the shit out of it.

For example, for viper, all I did was weak thunder knuckle. I did not use *any* other attack. Ever. You just do that move, and only that move, as continuasly fast as possible.

For Fuerte, you can perfect every single AI opponent by just doing his run and then pressing fierce punch so he jumps out then and spins around. Then you do it again as they are waking up. The AI will never get to move again.

GQman2121

Banned
Captain N said:

Damn, now that is hardcore.......

Good luck with the birth!!!

Jonsoncao

Banned
sorry guys need help here
in Ryu challenge level 4 the fourth one
how to press the button to get
"cancels shoryuken into shin hadouken" effect?
thanks!

Captain N said:
:lol Hardcore son!

Anyone up for some games in a another hour or so.

I'm wanting to play and jack around with some chars :(

dexterslu

striKeVillain! said:
I want to pick SF4 up on Friday. I was thinking of picking up the strategy guide. Anyone have it and is it worth it?

It's not bad if you don't want to get the stuff for free online, get it at GS (discount card=20% off). I've got it and it's nice if your looking to learn some general basics that you don't want to have to search around for.

Top Bottom