• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Oh yeah, I jumped in arcade mode and immedietely had to turn off joinable game as I was already fighting two different people within the first match.
No Kens though ...a Ryu and a Vega

AgentOtaku said:
...is.impossible.with.Dualshock3

...took me an hour and a half to finally realize it

...and this was on Easy btw. Man I need my stick =(

lol, man just bad luck for you maybe?
Rice-Eater said:
Just wait till more people unlock Gouken

And I'm one of them :p
your spoiler is broken lol.

Saerk

I got this today and put in ~ 5 hrs. Ive been playing Ken and I picked up Abel. Im really liking Abel. Actually, I looked at my character play times and Abel is currently dominating. I have something like 30 wins and 10 losses on live right now (no ranked matches as of yet). Using the xbox pad :/ which Im fairly decent with, but I miss motions at times and wind up kicking a fireball when I meant to roll. I think I may get an arcade stick, perhaps the HRAP EX.

To go with the thread Ive mostly played only against Ken and Ryu except for Xevren who played as Abel (my first glimpse into his awesomeness) and Guile. One guy other guy did switch it up a bit and alternated between Ken and Sagat...

I tried Fuerte, but I just dont understand his offense that well. Viper looks cool I think I'll add her to my list. I unlocked Fei Long so I'll be using him too.

Invite me if you want to play sometime. I'll gradually add new characters. Ignore my Win Loss record so far. Most people I played sucked horribly. I'm not really anything above mediocre atm.

Gt Saerk Wren

ps: Seth is a cheap ass bastard

xintin said:
ugh, no wins online at all yet.
but the day i finally beat one of the endless parade of kens, i will cheer.

first couple of ranked matches, so far i fought 2 dan's, 1 akuma, 1 ken and 1 ryu

current record stands at 4-1

Fuck Sagat players too. Man, it's killing the online portion to only play against the same type of player, dragon punch fireball, dragon punch fireball.

You really get punished online for choosing someone different and experimenting.

I'm done with El Fuerte, too. His damage is so little (other than his Ultra) that it's a straight disadvantage. I was wailing on this Blanka, maybe doing twice as many moves on him that he was to me, but he beat me both rounds by a substantial margin.

jdub03

I like the fact that i can still do the simplified spinning pile driver motion from hd remix. Even though they changed the input back to a 360 degree motion. The inputs are extra forgiving now. Zangief will be a beast to behold. Him and abel. I love grab characters.

vesp

Weird thing is i keep getting matches where we both b-line cammy then one person gives in and plays something else instead.

Other than that its all kens + occasional c.viper though.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
AgentOtaku said:
...is.impossible.with.Dualshock3

...took me an hour and a half to finally realize it

...and this was on Easy btw. Man I need my stick =(
Eh, on easiest I can kick his ass with the 360 pad. It seems like it depends on if he decides he wants to win or not. Sometimes he goes ballistic and never lets up kicking your ass. Other times he's easy as hell.

jdub03 said:
I like the fact that i can still do the simplified spinning pile driver motion from hd remix. Even though they changed the input back to a 360 degree motion. The inputs are extra forgiving now. Zangief will be a beast to behold. Him and abel. I love grab characters.

I can't do his ultra to save my life...

Xevren

Saerk said:
I got this today and put in ~ 5 hrs. Ive been playing Ken and I picked up Abel. Im really liking Abel. Actually, I looked at my character play times and Abel is currently dominating. I have something like 30 wins and 10 losses on live right now (no ranked matches as of yet). Using the xbox pad :/ which Im fairly decent with, but I miss motions at times and wind up kicking a fireball when I meant to roll. I think I may get an arcade stick, perhaps the HRAP EX.

To go with the thread Ive mostly played only against Ken and Ryu except for Xevren who played as Abel (my first glimpse into his awesomeness) and Guile. One guy other guy did switch it up a bit and alternated between Ken and Sagat...

I tried Fuerte, but I just dont understand his offense that well. Viper looks cool I think I'll add her to my list. I unlocked Fei Long so I'll be using him too.

Invite me if you want to play sometime. I'll gradually add new characters. Ignore my Win Loss record so far. Most people I played sucked horribly. I'm not really anything above mediocre atm.

Gt Saerk Wren

ps: Seth is a cheap ass bastard

I hope we play more in the future, that was the first time I used Abel in a live match. I'll stick to people im not really familiar with since im sure my Guile wasn't exactly fun. Abel seems so damn awesome, I need to get that weird 3 hit combo dealio thing worked out.

I'm slowly getting back into my old stick form but I'm too afraid of using my SE FightStick too much. I just started using it today but I'm already hearing a weird click. I think I'm just going to call it a night and wait from my HRAP EX to get here tomorrow.

MIMIC

Banned
Wow. This ranking system thing is BULLSHIT. I would LOVE to go +99 against an opponent. That never happens to me after I finish raping my opponent.

So what do I do? Go into custom search, set search for players MORE SKILLED than me. Play him. BEAT him. +53

@_@

NameGenerated said:
Eh, on easiest I can kick his ass with the 360 pad. It seems like it depends on if he decides he wants to win or not. Sometimes he goes ballistic and never lets up kicking your ass. Other times he's easy as hell.

Guess I just have bad luck as yeah, 1st round he's easy peasy but 2nd round, he goes apeshit!
I simply CANNOT react quick enough nor pull off defense/offense with a Dualshock3. If I could just use my HRAP2:SA, shit would be over with already.

F the haters, Guile has been blueberry yum-yum for me so far :D

Btw, Seth is nowhere near as cheap as Gill. He's definitely easier when put next to the Father of Cheapness.

Darkman M

Rice-Eater said:
Just wait till more people unlock Gouken

And I'm one of them :p
And they will fail hard because he plays nothing like a shota, im actually not bothered by who people pick online, i think most peeps whining about shota can't defeat them :lol

Jirotrom

I really hate Zangief players.... really hate them. ruined my streak... I was at 8 just needed 2 more for the achievement:(

Never mind... I had a 9 win streak... shit.

I never found Gill too hard. The resurrection is annoying but not too bad if you time your attack correctly. When I used Ibuki or Chun Li, I can usually beat him on the first try.

Darkman M

Jamesfrom818 said:
I'm slowly getting back into my old stick form but I'm too afraid of using my SE FightStick too much. I just started using it today but I'm already hearing a weird click. I think I'm just going to call it a night and wait from my HRAP EX to get here tomorrow.

Hrap ex is a great stick, has a sanwa joystick already built in and you can always change the buttons easily if you like.

Darkman M said:
And they will fail hard because he plays nothing like a shota, im actually not bothered by who people pick online, i think most peeps whining about shota can't defeat them :lol

nah, I beat them but its like man come on really, please choose someone else. I've been playing online since yesterday around 2pm and I've seen 4 other characters besides ryu/ken.

Hell I just beat this dude playing Ken and all he did was do Dragon Punches lol

Darkman M

HankScorpio said:
nah, I beat them but its like man come on really, please choose someone else. I've been playing online since yesterday around 2pm and I've seen 4 other characters besides ryu/ken.

Hell I just beat this dude playing Ken and all he did was do Dragon Punches lol

We'll i can understand wanting to see more characters in action, hopefully the release the championship patch soon with spectator mode.

Jirotrom

so far my stats are:

24 fights
19 wins
79.16% ratio
longest win streak 9

Im doin pretty well so far, but I only think its because im using Guile and people dont use him. Most of my losses are from either Zangief or Blanka.

ph15h

Neo Member
What's it like playing Street Fighter IV online?

ken ken ken Chun Li ken Seth ken Akuma ken ken ken ken ken Gouken Crimson Viper Dan Dan ken ken Guile Dan Sagat Sagat ken Sagat ken Akuma ken ken Ryu

Why do people love Ken so much? :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
MIMIC said:
Wow. This ranking system thing is BULLSHIT. I would LOVE to go +99 against an opponent. That never happens to me after I finish raping my opponent.

So what do I do? Go into custom search, set search for players MORE SKILLED than me. Play him. BEAT him. +53

@_@

You have to check the BP difference between you and your opponent... the larger the gap, the more points you get.

Right now I have 2000-ish points, and if I fought someone who had less than 500, i get 15... if they win, they get 200. So if I fought someone who had 3500 - 4000 points and I won, I'd get 200. Just keep that in mind.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I wish Capcom had made some of the moves PP and KK instead of PPP and KKK like in HD Remix. Even with the fight pad, trying to combo ultras or doing specials can still be annoying using the triggers. I guess it might overlap EX specials or something though...so I dunno.

I'm doing pretty well so far. Up to ~600bp. Liking the game but for some reason the revenge meter is really annoying me. I kind of feel like it fills up too easy.

ReiGun

So some classmates of mine got the game and have been bringing it to our school's game room. Just two matches and I fell in love. As always, I picked Chun Li (I've become famous in my circle for maining her in anything SF related), and after getting accustomed to the system, I really like her flavor and just overall love the game. I find myself constantly doing things that would have worked in 3S and getting punished for it, but I'll stop eventually. Still havent learned to make full use of focus either.

I've even warmed up to the game's graphical style, which I detested for the longest time.

The only sad part is I dont own the game myself (cursed lack of money). :(

Jirotrom said:
so far my stats are:

24 fights
19 wins
79.16% ratio
longest win streak 9

Im doin pretty well so far, but I only think its because im using Guile and people dont use him. Most of my losses are from either Zangief or Blanka.

nvm found it.

44 Fights
24 Wins
54.54% Ratio
longest Streak 6.

believe it or not those looses are from you know who lol

MIMIC

Banned
Oichi said:
You have to check the BP difference between you and your opponent... the larger the gap, the more points you get.

Right now I have 2000-ish points, and if I fought someone who had less than 500, i get 15... if they win, they get 200. So if I fought someone who had 3500 - 4000 points and I won, I'd get 200. Just keep that in mind.

I have yet to encounter someone with MORE bp than me. So theoretically, I'm never supposed to lose (and that just ain't possible :lol) or I will get fucked out of points.

Darkman M

Jirotrom said:
whats included?

http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-02-2009-10574.html

Capcom has announced details of the Championship Mode expansion pack for Street Fighter IV, to be released free of charge post launch.

Street Fighter IV's Championship Mode Expansion Pack will include:

Replay Mode - Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyse top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.

New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)

Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.

In addition to the Championship Mode Pack, Capcom has also announced a host of DLC alternate costume packs. The packs are grouped by themes and will be available for 320 MS points on Xbox 360 or £2.72 / €3.84 on PlayStation 3 post launch.

Don't know for sure that this will add spectator, but we can hope.

Finally going to sleep. I started to unlock the characters...

Still have Fei Long and Cammy before the bosses. Easiest really is a cake walk.

I also finished the game on the hardest level with Ken without losing a round.

So far I'd say Dhalsim, Crimson Viper and El Fuerte are the most complicated characters.

The basic combos are way to easy to do in this game. Dictator's scissor kick jump in combo is possible.

And Guile definitely didn't get any love...

The graphics are awesome.

The anime endings are retarded...Alpha 2 still stands as the only Street Fighter game with decent endings (A3 was okay too).

I'm closing into to the 500 XBOX Live Match achievement.

purg3 said:
I got rocked hard by turtlesnatcher and his vega :lol

Good games tonight Purg3. Vega is my best.

Earlier today I hit about 1970 in BP.. but since then I have been dropping.. Its been horrible. Not sure what happened but its like I forgot how to do an EX Wall Dive on my stick when I'm on the right side (2p) position. Its annoying me to all hell.

I really want to start learning another character but I'm afraid too. I'd love to learn El Fuerte but I can't do shoto type skills (ie: Fuertes dashrun) worth shit on an arcade stick.

So far.. I hate the following characters..

1) Ken - Because everyone uses him yet they are easy punish in regards to DP whores. Though the good ones are most def good)
2) Ryu - Because he is the 2nd most used characters and its annoying but also funny to flip over their ultra/super fireballs
3) Sagat - Annoying and so strong.. its kind of ridiculous. For every 5 hits I get on him.. he only needs to get 1 on me.
4) Blanka - Annoying
5) Guile - His fierce kick sweep is annoying with the 2 attacks.. Though I can watch when they are doing flash kicks etc but that 1 normal attack drives me crazy
6) Zangief - This is always a long battle for me.. And I have to back flip CONSTANTLY. I can't even normally walk in this game.. whenever im on the ground I'm back flipping so he can miss his grabs. Lots of pokes and slowly take out his humongus stamina.

DigitalA1chemy said:
I wish I could compare all my stats to my friends and not just the leaderboard stuff.

You can.. just hit the buttons to change the categories..

Saerk

AgentOtaku said:
Guess I just have bad luck as yeah, 1st round he's easy peasy but 2nd round, he goes apeshit!
I simply CANNOT react quick enough nor pull off defense/offense with a Dualshock3. If I could just use my HRAP2:SA, shit would be over with already.

If you are just unlocking guys set it to 1 round.

The online play is good. But there's no one good to play. All I get is shoto jump in roundhouse -> c.roundhouse, jump back, fireball, repeat. People jump too much for no reason.

Ferrio

Banned
Also I'm disappointed with Balrog. He's not the same crazy rushdown machine he was. Hell TAP doesn't seem even worth it anymore.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
OK, my day 2 experience was much better than the first night. I played arcade mode and let people join. All the matches were lag-free, and within 2 rounds, I would always get a challenger.

I also had fun for the first time playing the game with my friend locally. We messed around with Guile, Blanka, Ken, Rose, and Dhalsim. I was worried I would completely hate this game, but now I'm enjoying it. Just stay away from Quickmatch and conventional matchmaking.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lol@ the hatred im getting for the Balrog beatdowns im handing to the Ken/Ryu/etc players. Turn punch is completely surprising most of them and i just throw on whiffed dragon punches. I cant wait till im actually decent with this guy. Hopefully that day will coincide with the exact release of his alt costume, so i can continue to ravage while reciting this.

west

TurtleSnatcher said:
So far.. I hate the following characters..

1) Ken - Because everyone uses him yet they are easy punish in regards to DP whores. Though the good ones are most def good)
2) Ryu - Because he is the 2nd most used characters and its annoying but also funny to flip over their ultra/super fireballs
3) Sagat - Annoying and so strong.. its kind of ridiculous. For every 5 hits I get on him.. he only needs to get 1 on me.
4) Blanka - Annoying
5) Guile - His fierce kick sweep is annoying with the 2 attacks.. Though I can watch when they are doing flash kicks etc but that 1 normal attack drives me crazy
6) Zangief - This is always a long battle for me.. And I have to back flip CONSTANTLY. I can't even normally walk in this game.. whenever im on the ground I'm back flipping so he can miss his grabs. Lots of pokes and slowly take out his humongus stamina.

Sounds like Street Fighter allright... :lol

GalacticAE said:
The online play is good. But there's no one good to play. All I get is shoto jump in roundhouse -> c.roundhouse, jump back, fireball, repeat. People jump too much for no reason.

i think we're gonna have to give it a few months, once all the casual people start dropping off to play other games then that'll clear up the good players from the bad.........of course i could be wrong....

Top Bottom