• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Sallokin

sevenchaos said:
It's on a sheet in the movie case. My code doesn't seem to work so I'm guessing it's not available yet. Figured I'd double check here though.

Not sure if people are still having trouble, I was able to download mine (360) last night.

LiK

_dementia said:
yeah i was all like "lol wut"

this game is significantly slower than ST

yea, i would expect the transition from 2D to 3D would cause some changes to the timing. kinda reminded me of the first time i played SF3.

Ferrio said:
Using the same Stick i've been using for the past 10 years. The timing just seems... off.

I mean a simple

c.mp,c.mp,c.mk->Headbutt should not fail 90% of the time.

Hell I fail with a simple 2in1 c.mk->qcb+p on viper.

After getting frustrated with Trial Mode, I've found that slowing down a little bit makes all the difference in the world.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
GamePnoy74 said:
So I unlocked Akuma last night...played another game, got to Gouken and defeated him, but still wasn't able to unlock him =/ What gives?!

Any tips?

I was using Ryu, 1 round, easiest setting (stupid easy using him...jump in roundhouse, crouching roundhouse, repeat :lol)

Beat the game with Akuma first, or go back one page and read a little bit, come on now ;)

Links are bizare in here, the slower timing is throw-offing.

I opt for the visually pleasing consitant ones instead.

Like Bison's close LK, crouch MK link... it is way more fluid and consitant than some of the newer links.

his crouch MP is strange now, and way slower and hard to link like before

Boy--- I am ripping the Ken and Ryu players a new asshole with their retarded tactics with Sagat. :lol

Do we have a list of players PSN/XBL tags in this thread here? I'd like to play some of you guys.

Ferrio

Banned
Ack meant c.lp,c.lp,c.lk->headbutt. But whatever. Guess more practice. Also I was really really *REALLY* hating the fucking revenge meter. But then I read there's actually two levels. I thought you could only do it when you were about dead. Which was pissing me off cause I'd lose so many games by trashing my opponent then getting smacked by an ultra (which would then kill me so I couldn't use mine).

Raging Spaniard said:
Beat the game with Akuma first, or go back one page and read a little bit, come on now ;)
Oh ok, I did beat the game with Akuma after I defeated Gouken with Ryu, then gave up afterwards :lol

My bad, I'll give it another try...thank you! :D

lawblob said:
Man do I suck. I can't even beat Arcade mode on Easy, I need to bring it down to a lower setting. As Ryu I just flat-out can't beat Sagat. -_-

They're mortal enemies man! :D

But yeah, Sagat has always been a bit of a challenge for me in ANY SF

Volcynika

VictimOfGrief said:
Boy--- I am ripping the Ken and Ryu players a new asshole with their retarded tactics with Sagat. :lol

Do we have a list of players PSN/XBL tags in this thread here? I'd like to play some of you guys.

Check out the online forum, there's a PSN thread there and should be a 360 one too.

Sallokin

I'm still not entirely sure on how the whole FADC thing works. I've read a few write-ups and watched a few videos, but I have yet to pull of a single successful one. Is there something out there that really breaks it down or am I'm just overcomplicating it?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
By the way Im REALLY glad that Ken's AI pattern is no longer to furiously spam Shoryukens all day, it took Capcom 20 years to change it, so props to them! :lol

Arde5643

KittenMaster said:
For fighting CPU Zangief as El Furete, I had to begin being cheap and doing the move where he jumps on the opponent and throws him down over and over again.

Oh, and I'm probably the only person that doesn't have trouble with Seth, though I haven't played any hard modes.
Just to let you know, Fuerte's jumping Fierce Punch beats Zangief's lariat clean, so you can use that if Zangief gets too lariat happy.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
_dementia said:
yeah i was all like "lol wut"

this game is significantly slower than ST

yea it is slower and the timings are all horribly different, but what really caught me off guard was the complexity. I was never a street fighter player and never really liked it as a kid, but i started playing HDR like a month ago and saw how sick it was pretty quickly. I was able to really quickly pick up on how characters played and what to expect an opponent to do and how to manipulate them into doing something and all that jazz. I wasnt super great at it, but I had a 1-1 ratio which is kind of amazing for me.

SF4 so far just makes me feel like i need to spend at least 20 more hours practicing before i can play online.

Sallokin said:
I'm still not entirely sure on how the whole FADC thing works. I've read a few write-ups and watched a few videos, but I have yet to pull of a single successful one. Is there something out there that really breaks it down or am I'm just overcomplicating it?

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/863022/ignstrategize/videos/ignstrategize_SFIV_021809.html

That was a video that I thought did a good job of explaining it to me, or more importantly why I would want to use it.

Aeris130

Sallokin said:

You dash forward or backward to get out of your focus attack without unleashing it.

Have we gotten any word on that alternate Sakura costume we saw earlier in the thread? How is it acquired or unlocked. I'm talking about the one in her gym outfit not the one from the beauty pack.

Sallokin

Aeris130 said:
You dash forward or backward to get out of your focus attack without unleashing it.

Is it really that simple lol? That's what I've been doing but I had figured there was some on screen indicator (like a color change or something) that showed that you had done one successfully. Guess I was over complicating it in my mind.

FourSerioux said:
http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/863022/ignstrategize/videos/ignstrategize_SFIV_021809.html

That was a video that I thought did a good job of explaining it to me, or more importantly why I would want to use it.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out when I get off work.

Aeris130

DoctorWho said:
Have we gotten any word on that alternate Sakura costume we saw earlier in the thread? How is it acquired or unlocked. I'm talking about the one in her gym outfit not the one from the beauty pack.

Someone or srk said it's her 10th colour, or something.

Sallokin said:
Is it really that simple lol? That's what I've been doing but I had figured there was some on screen indicator (like a color change or something) that showed that you had done one successfully. Guess I was over complicating it in my mind.

Well, the next step is to cancel your special moves with a FA, then canceling that FA with a dash and combo with some other move (ultras, for example).

Xater

DoctorWho said:
A costume change for a 10th colour? Does anyone else have this besides her?

No.

I'd still like to hear a tip for the 720 motion with Zangief. I can do it if a do a Lariat before but that's kinda stupid.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DoctorWho said:

I can confirm that it IS from the beauty pack. It's the 10th color for her alternate costume.

I'm only missing the 10th color for the normal costumes, but I believe for Sakura it's just an all-blue uniform.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
can't wait to go home tonight... i have a brand new 28" hanns g monitor waiting for me

perhaps playing in HD can help me improve my terrible 0-2 win/loss ratio :lol

Lyte Edge said:
I can confirm that it IS from the beauty pack. It's the 10th color for her alternate costume.

I'm only missing the 10th color for the normal costumes, but I believe for Sakura it's just an all-blue uniform.

Hmm, so Sakura would be receiving two costumes from the Beauty Pack. Cool.

Xater

mYm|17| said:
ok for the life of me, I can't get Gouken. I've tried every possible combination of perfects and ultras

Play with 1 round: 2 Perfects and 3 Ultra Finishes. Make sure you played through the game with every other character.

mYm|17|

Xater said:
Play with 1 round: 2 Perfects and 3 Ultra Finishes. Make sure you played through the game with every other character.

I've gotten all the 6 characters and Akuma already. This really sucks..............:lol

such a fuckin tease when i get to Gouken and beat him and after the game over screen, I don't get the unlock Gouken thing that pops up

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
DoctorWho said:
Hmm, so Sakura would be receiving two costumes from the Beauty Pack. Cool.

It's the same costume, but the 10th color is without the gi top. That's it. Kinda makes me wish some other character would have gotten minor outfit changes like that.

LiK

Lyte Edge said:
It's the same costume, but the 10th color is without the gi top. That's it. Kinda makes me wish some other character would have gotten minor outfit changes like that.

DLC DLC DLC! D:

Volcynika

I kinda wish the text on some parts of the game (like movelist) would be much easier to read on SD TVs (shut up, I don't have the money, I have to pay off school loans ASAP). But oh well, I can deal.

blurrygil

AKUMA: Beat game with 2 P's and 2 U's

**Here's where I screwed up**

THEN.....beat the game with Akuma, pretty standard-like.

THEEEEEEEEEEEENNN....you take any character (my choice = Ryu) for GOUKEN: Beat game with 2 P's and 3 U's.

Pulling any of this out-of-order fails.

mYm|17| said:
I've gotten all the 6 characters and Akuma already. This really sucks..............:lol

such a fuckin tease when i get to Gouken and beat him and after the game over screen, I don't get the unlock Gouken thing that pops up

Make sure you've beaten it with Akuma at least once.

Pick a character you've already completed the game with, get 2 perfects and 3 Ultras (Although I did it with 3 perfects and 3 Ultras) and make sure you don't lose.

Also you can mess with the rounds and difficulty but don't mess with the time.

LiK

djgil said:
AKUMA: Beat game with 2 P's and 2 U's

**Here's where I screwed up**

THEN.....beat the game with Akuma, pretty standard-like.

THEEEEEEEEEEEENNN....you take any character (my choice = Ryu) for GOUKEN: Beat game with 2 P's and 3 U's.

Pulling any of this out-of-order fails.

WOW

CO_Andy

Just got this beauty! Some peculiar things i noticed:

* Vega's limbs don't stretch out like they use to, so none of that 2D hand drawn sprite inconsistency. Vega is technically the same height as Guile, but you couldn't distinguish that from the older titles.

* Oh shi--! I can finally pull Zangief SPDs with 95% accuracy on a pad! This is truly a glorious day! His Super and Ultra are fairly easy to pull as well, but for better or worse the extra height in his jumps now have made those moves fairly difficult to pull.

mYm|17|

Space A Cobra said:
Make sure you've beaten it with Akuma at least once.

Pick a character you've already completed the game with, get 2 perfects and 3 Ultras (Although I did it with 3 perfects and 3 Ultras) and make sure you don't lose.

Also you can mess with the rounds and difficulty but don't mess with the time.

ahhh, maybe thats why. I haven't beaten the game with Akuma yet...............thanks

dfyb

Banned
SRK is being torn a new asshole.

any of you have Ryu's SRK>FADC>Ultra combo down? i keep bringing out EX SRK after FADC and i heard that was a common thing -- so what do i need to tweak?

Lyte Edge said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I definitely wish more of the characters had those minor outfit changes. Maybe some do.

Uncle AJ

We'll I've just about had it with this PS3 controller... can't pull off Supers or Ultras worth a shit because I keep hitting intermittent directions between the two QCFs or forward-back-forwards. D-pad is slightly more reliable for me, but it's about to peel the skin off my thumb.

I'd say I'm in the market for a stick, but the bloody things are sold out everywhere! Anyone have a ballpark estimate for when more will be in stock, or am I SOL?

Top Bottom