• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Akim

Banned
GG's Kadey, your ryu/ken is fierce...

I am like a statue in the corner :lol

(I doubt you'll see this though this thread moves fast)

Zeliard

Ferrio said:
Trick? Heh not sure myself. He plays a lot differently than in turbo. So far I've just been mixing up a lot of EX rushes and trying to keep pressure with low lp/lk's, headbutts and throws.

I have yet to find a use for the TAP, which feels really odd since it was such a main component of my turbo game.

I've been maining Balrog, he's good fun. I basically just use the TAP to get past projectiles and as a random surprise hit once in a while, but I don't generally use it all that much. At least not yet.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jirotrom said:
how do you get gouken?

Really? Must someone ask this on EVERY PAGE?

unlock akuma, beat game with akuma, beat game with a character that youve already beaten the game with: 2 perfects, 2 ultras, no losses

CPS2

Jirotrom said:
how do you get gouken?

Unlock Akuma first, then finish it with a Akuma, then play through arcade again to get to Gouken with 2 perfects + 3 ultras (on one round settings), and beat him with an ultra.

edit: I think people keep asking because there's a lot of variation between what people are saying you need to do.

Jirotrom

Raging Spaniard said:
Really? Must someone ask this on EVERY PAGE?

unlock akuma, beat game with akuma, beat game with a character that youve already beaten the game with: 2 perfects, 2 ultras, no losses
im asking because i did that... yet he wasnt given to me, thanks anyway.

Jirotrom

UC1 said:
Unlock Akuma first, then finish it with a Akuma, then play through arcade again to get to Gouken with 2 perfects + 3 ultras (on one round settings), and beat him with an ultra.

edit: I think people keep asking because there's a lot of variation between what people are saying you need to do.
thanks... i didnt do 3 ultras and didnt finish akumas with an ultra... will do.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Jirotrom said:
im asking because i did that... yet he wasnt given to me, thanks anyway.

well, what worked for me after beating the game with akuma was to choose a character I had beaten the game with once that WASNT him, then what I described. I guess make sure you have 2 perfects and 3 or 4 ultra finishes then

VASPER said:
Can anyone point me in the easy way of unlocking Fighters please.

First post of the thread can deliver wonders ;)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
For any Abel players out there or those that just know the answer:

Is it not possible to tick into his command throw with a crouching LK or LP? I tried it last night over and over and always failed to grab--instead his arm would go....behind the head of the opponent to the other side of him. So the proximity seems fine but I dunno. I attempted this in 2 player mode with a friend while he just stood there letting me try.

bob_arctor said:
For any Abel players out there or those that just know the answer:

Is it not possible to tick into his command throw with a crouching LK or LP? I tried it last night over and over and always failed to grab--instead his arm would go....behind the head of the opponent to the other side of him. So the proximity seems fine but I dunno. I attempted this in 2 player mode with a friend while he just stood there letting me try.
You can't throw someone if they're in blockstun or hitstun. You could throw after a c LK or LP only after they've recovered. So doing f, df, d+LK, db, b+P will NOT work. You wil ltry to grab them when they're in stun and whiff.

You could c LK, wait a few frames, then do the throw. It's not guaranteed, so they could still attack you or jump as you attempt the throw. But if they switch to block after the punch, the grab will win.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I unlocked seth and thought to take him into some ranked matches just to mess with people or scare them but man does he suck. So slow. I couldn't do jack with him.

CPS2

I've been trying to find that El Fuerte video on nicovideo with the HNK music in the background... can someone please PM me a link if they know where it is?

slayn

Ferrio said:
Trick? Heh not sure myself. He plays a lot differently than in turbo. So far I've just been mixing up a lot of EX rushes and trying to keep pressure with low lp/lk's, headbutts and throws.

I have yet to find a use for the TAP, which feels really odd since it was such a main component of my turbo game.
doesn't TAP have a ton of invinceability or something? Whenever I face CPU balrog, it seems like if he does TAP on response to basically anything I do, TAP wins. Especially true for sweeps of any kind.

Talamius

Much to my girlfriend's dismay (and after messing around in single player a bit with her myself), Chun just seems....bad. Seems to have very low priority and weak damage output. Is there a trick to her now or has she truly been brutally nerfed?

slayn said:
doesn't TAP have a ton of invinceability or something? Whenever I face CPU balrog, it seems like if he does TAP on response to basically anything I do, TAP wins. Especially true for sweeps of any kind.
Yeah, it definitely does. It's very important for Rog's game.

LowParry

slayn said:

Wait, what is this TAP you speak of. I picked up Boxer today and must say I really like him. To hell with settling on a main right now. I'm playing everyone I can then will pick a main later.

keanerie

Hm, I seem to be dashing under 50% of the time when I FADC a Tiger Upherbutt from the right. I just end up underneath and then ahead of the other person. Never happens when I'm on the left, but it messes up my F + HK into Ultra when I go under...am I going too fast or too slow? Anyone else have this problem?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
riskVSreward said:
You can't throw someone if they're in blockstun or hitstun. You could throw after a c LK or LP only after they've recovered. So doing f, df, d+LK, db, b+P will NOT work. You wil ltry to grab them when they're in stun and whiff.

You could c LK, wait a few frames, then do the throw. It's not guaranteed, so they could still attack you or jump as you attempt the throw. But if they switch to block after the punch, the grab will win.

I'm trying to do it old-school ST style. Thx for clarification. Also, I don't do it this way:
f, df, d+LK, db, b+P
I do it straight up d+LK, then the entire command throw motion with the quickness. Screw cutting corners! ;-P

Ferrio

Banned
slayn said:

Well I know it doesn't suck. It just seems a lot less important now. Before I was okay with losing the use of my kicks, but now it's like it's not really worth it.

Wait, what is this TAP you speak of. I picked up Boxer today and must say I really like him. To hell with settling on a main right now. I'm playing everyone I can then will pick a main later.

Turn around punch. It's the move that requires you to hold down 3 kicks or 3 punches. Longer you hold it down the more damage it does.

bob_arctor said:
I'm trying to do it old-school ST style. Thx for clarification. Also, I don't do it this way: I do it straight up d+LK, then the entire command throw motion with the quickness. Screw cutting corners! ;-P
I hate to be "that guy" but it's the same as in ST. It just may have been less noticeable if you had the timing down and no one you played knew how to counter it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Talamius said:
Much to my girlfriend's dismay (and after messing around in single player a bit with her myself), Chun just seems....bad. Seems to have very low priority and weak damage output. Is there a trick to her now or has she truly been brutally nerfed?

shes good, just have to make use of all her normals...

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/section/3163881/25963/street_fighter_4/xbox_360#chunli

CcrooK said:

i think everyone should do this, most of the characters are a lot of fun.

side note: its funny so many ppl play en cause i find him the most boring out of everyone.

Ravager61

keanerie said:
Hm, I seem to be dashing under 50% of the time when I FADC a Tiger Upherbutt from the right. I just end up underneath and then ahead of the other person. Never happens when I'm on the left, but it messes up my F + HK into Ultra when I go under...am I going too fast or too slow? Anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem. I always dash under after the uppercut.

qcf x2

Well I got the game. I have no TV for a week, though. So I'm gonna have to wait to play it.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a full color manual! That's what I wanna see when I spend $60!. Not some cheap ass 3 page black and white excuse for a manual.

I really hate the front and back cover of the game though. I want that Chun cover, it really is so much better and I hate every person that bitched about it right now.

I'm only saying this stuff because I can't actually play the game yet. :-|

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the game is selling like hotcakes. I wonder what kinda numbers it'll do?

And, finally...

fuck Capcom for including CHARGE supers. The vertical ones are the opposite of beginner friendly. Hell, I can't do those period on an arcade stick, and I've been playing since SSF2. I think it's something to do with the gates, but whatever. I've tried them on many sticks and cannot do them well enough to use correctly. 3rd Strike's "universal" super art motion (other than 360 and 720) should have been kept.

LowParry

Ferrio said:
Turn around punch. It's the move that requires you to hold down 3 kicks or 3 punches. Longer you hold it down the more damage it does.

Ohhhhhh. I'll have to toss that in my practice time with player matches. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know if the PS3 costume DLC is shareable? Trying to figure out if I should redeem the code on my account or my share account for others.

Ravager61 said:
I have the same problem. I always dash under after the uppercut.
You're supposed to be dashing, it is a "dash cancel." You may be dashing twice (mashing forward instead of just hitting it twice) so just try buffering in the dash before the focus move hits.

Akim

Banned
As sagat am I suppose to have an easy time with guile? I usually turtle and he seems to be better at it than me.. Any tips?

Guled

This is interesting
Why is there no spectator support in SFIV?

Sven: I'll better be able to address this in a few weeks... can't say more than that right now.

For now, the team is focused on the PC SKU and the Championship update. Beyond that, I can't comment. I will say Spectator modes/lobbies not part of either of those pieces of content.
I bet that the championship will come out in a few weeks and then the next update will have a spectator mode
YakiSOBA said:
who's everyones main so far??
Cammy :D

slayn

got my first hatemail
GRAB = CHEAP

to which I replied, "well, you used raging demon, and that is a grab, is that cheap too?"

he didn't like that very much.

YakiSOBA said:
I usually main Akuma but Blanka is the one getting my wins for the time being.

LowParry

No main for me so far. I was gonna stick with Sakura but I'm having more fun with other characters. I'll probably stick with a main in the next couple of weeks.

Akim said:
As sagat am I suppose to have an easy time with guile? I usually turtle and he seems to be better at it than me.. Any tips?
Unless he's a much better player than you, you should be able to lock him down with your tiger shots.

YakiSOBA said:
Bison and Honda so far,
I only played with Balrog and Blanka for a little bit when messing around and I love them too.

my best character types are the full screen big chargers.
my worst character type are the midget sized characters (3rd Strike was a nightmare for me)

Top Bottom