• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
First 8 hours of SF4 behind!

BRILLIANT!

I picked Abel and El Fuerte as my current mains, and my roommate picked Rose :D

My MadCatz SE stick is working fine except the roundhouse kick button gets stuck down when I press it from the upper side of the button. Is there any sort of fix for this other than buying new buttons?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
thirtytwoutside said:
"Address" why it isn't in... not rectify. Not to be all doom-and-gloom, but that sounds like it'll be something to the effect of "we couldn't hit the release date so we just left that sumbitch out."
I don't know, that kind of reads like "It's coming...but not in either of those two updates."

Could be sooner, could be later.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I came into this thread to clue people in how awesome Sakura is but I was pleasantly surprised to see several other people already saying just that. She really has improved a lot in my opinion. Her EX special moves, especially the EX Shunpukyaku (Hurricane Kick) are deadly.

The funnest combo that I've found with her so far that is...

Jumping HP/HK, crouching HP, EX Shunpukyaku, Sakura Otoshi. It does 8/9 hits and good damage. You can also combo the EX Shunpukyaku into her Ultra.

She's a lot of fun to play.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Baron Aloha said:
I came into this thread to clue people in how awesome Sakura is but I was pleasantly surprised to see several other people already saying just that. She really has improved a lot in my opinion. Her EX special moves, especially the EX Shunpukyaku (Hurricane Kick) are deadly.

The funnest combo that I've found with her so far that is...

Jumping HP/HK, crouching HP, EX Shunpukyaku, Sakura Otoshi. It does 8/9 hits and good damage. You can also combo the EX Shunpukyaku into her Ultra.

She's a lot of fun to play.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but her ultimate comes out with a crouch kick, correct?

I recall completely owning a guy who was ready for an ultimate but I'm pretty sure it went under his guard.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
RubxQub said:
And correct me if I'm wrong, but her ultimate comes out with a crouch kick, correct?

I recall completely owning a guy who was ready for an ultimate but I'm pretty sure it went under his guard.

Yes, both her super and ultra must be blocked LOW.

I need someone really good to play on 360 SF4 tonight. I have to prep for a tournament tomorrow and I want to make sure I have the best to play against. Preferbly someone who has universal skill with Charge/Shoto characters.

I will be using my Vega. Any takers? I really want to play a decent amount of matches later tonight.

Arde5643

TurtleSnatcher said:
I need someone really good to play on 360 SF4 tonight. I have to prep for a tournament tomorrow and I want to make sure I have the best to play against. Preferbly someone who has universal skill with Charge/Shoto characters.

I will be using my Vega. Any takers? I really want to play a decent amount of matches later tonight.
I suggest you also try to take on really good Balrogs(boxer) - Balrog is one of Vega's worst match-ups.

Akim

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

I'd like to play you, but I'm sure your way better than me. I'm going to a gamestop tournament saturday and will probably get owned..

edit: I play sagat btw

ok thats it. i give in.

how the hell do you do rufus' bloody combo on trial?

the one that goes jump heavy punch > heavy punch > heavy galatic tornado > light galactic tornado

i can do the first three but then i always and i mean always get straight into a spectacle romance for the fourth move.

am i missing something here? should i press both light and heavy at the same time? any help would save my life :D

Blue Geezer said:
ok thats it. i give in.

how the hell do you do rufus' bloody combo on trial?

the one that goes jump heavy punch > heavy punch > heavy galatic tornado > light galactic tornado

i can do the first three but then i always and i mean always get straight into a spectacle romance for the fourth move.

am i missing something here? should i press both light and heavy at the same time? any help would save my life :D
Try it with Dan in the corner. It's tricky because you have to hold forward for the Heavy tornado to connect, but before it finishes you have to move the stick back to neutral, pause a brief moment and then do the light one. GL it wasn't too bad.

Arde5643 said:
I suggest you also try to take on really good Balrogs(boxer) - Balrog is one of Vega's worst match-ups.
Yea I wouldnt mind that.. or Blanka who is also a bad matchup for Vega.. and of course Ryu/Ken/Sagats.. Since I think a lot of people will be using him.

Evlar

Banned
I walked into Gamestop this evening and they had a PS3 Fightpad with Chun-Li. I broke down and bought it. Was it a good purchase compared to the DS3? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Sectus

I want this outfit, but I don't wanna pay for it :(

Comp10-00-30-15.jpg

Comp10-00-23-14.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neIoDOjH638&fmt=22 - Random online match I recorded. Shows Chun Li's and Cammy's DLC outfits. And shows that I'm not a very good player. At least I've got an excuse since this was in a 1-ping-bar match, so there was a small latency to all input.
I'm still a very very bad player though.

Akim

Banned
Do you get anything from finishing time trials/survival with gold instead of silver/bronze? Or is it just there because?

riskVSreward said:
Try it with Dan in the corner. It's tricky because you have to hold forward for the Heavy tornado to connect, but before it finishes you have to move the stick back to neutral, pause a brief moment and then do the light one. GL it wasn't too bad.

ta i got it. was thinking it must be quite late as you couldnt interfere with the special move. its a really late one! def the latest i have had to wait on a combo so far!

thanks again.

ravien56

can anybody give me some tips on playing bison? mainly against shotos, i know psycho crushers with ex can go through them, but i have a hard time against ken

edit: chuns alt costume is awesome

kenta

Has no PEINS
dralla said:
I just lost 9 games in a row using Viper.

beat that.

I feel so crippled using this piece of shit controller though.
I think I beat that last night. I really like what I see of Viper and really want to get better with her but it's so frustrating playing against people that are actually good with other characters (and that's what's so weird, EVERYONE on here complains about floods of Ken but last night I only fought him maybe 10% of the time, it was an overwhelming variety otherwise)

But yeah, I'd really like to main with her if I could get good enough to be formidable

riskVSreward said:
Looks like she's wearing nothing at all.........
nothing at all? nothing at all?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I want to go buy this game so badly! Fuck, I have to wait till Saturday for free time and moneyz from my job! QQ

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Is there any way to see a player's BP before choosing your character for a ranked match? It would be really nice if I could just pick blanka for people who are higher ranked than me for a 'real' match and just dick around with other characters when its someone new to the game.

I mean playing weaker characters doesn't bother me, but it feels sad when I played my best against someone who clearly isn't at that level. I mean for 99% of people online I can just throw out blanka's ultra whenever and they have no idea how to block it.

But if I dick around with other characters, if someone were to join and kick my ass, I'd be dissapointed that I wasn'y fighting with my best to give the guy a real match.

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm so totally lost with the EX system. I understand the little charge bar, but is their only one EX move (the one you get my pressing both MP and MK at the same time?) Or is there a way to make any character's move an EX move.

Akim

Banned
ruxtpin said:
I'm so totally lost with the EX system. I understand the little charge bar, but is their only one EX move (the one you get my pressing both MP and MK at the same time?) Or is there a way to make any character's move and EX move.

Check the move list, certain specials have ex versions. Simply hit an extra punch or kick button when executing the move.

The mp mk move is a focus attack, not the same thing as ex

Darkman M

ruxtpin said:
I'm so totally lost with the EX system. I understand the little charge bar, but is their only one EX move (the one you get my pressing both MP and MK at the same time?) Or is there a way to make any character's move and EX move.

most special move with 2 punch or two kicks basically.

ruxtpin

Banned
Darkman M said:
most special move with 2 punch or two kicks basically.

hm. ok. I'll have to mess around in training mode and see what I can do. I kept thinking that the basic EX move was sort-of silly, because charging it up all the way leaves you wide open; if there's ways to make pulling off EX moves quicker, then I guess it all makes sense.

ruxtpin said:
I'm so totally lost with the EX system. I understand the little charge bar, but is their only one EX move (the one you get my pressing both MP and MK at the same time?) Or is there a way to make any character's move an EX move.
Err, I'd say you're more than a little confused.

MP+MK = focus attack

Using two punches/kicks during a special move = EX move.
QCF+P = Fireball
QCF+PP = EX Fireball

and so on...

ruxtpin

Banned
riskVSreward said:
Err, I'd say you're more than a little confused.

MP+MK = focus attack

Using two punches/kicks during a special move = EX move.
QCF+P = Fireball
QCF+PP = EX Fireball

and so on...

I've been called out by riskVSreward =P Yeah. I'm thinking of focus attacks, where your character smears ink all over the screen. OK. With that said, is there a way to tie focus attacks in to anything? Or is it just that one where you leave yourself wide open to getting punched in the teeth?

ruxtpin said:
hm. ok. I'll have to mess around in training mode and see what I can do. I kept thinking that the basic EX move was sort-of silly, because charging it up all the way leaves you wide open; if there's ways to make pulling off EX moves quicker, then I guess it all makes sense.
I think you're confusing the focus attack and EX moves. The focus attack is the one you can charge up by pressing and holding MP + MK. EX moves are more powerful versions of supers that are quicker and you can do those by pressing 2 punch or 2 kick buttons while doing the move instead of one(other people have said this as well).

Just one more day for me GAF!

EDIT: Beaten! :lol

vas_a_morir said:
People who pick Sagat are such fucking pussies.
Why do people keep singling out characters in fighting games? I main Gat and I would be happy to spread my pussy all over you, any time.

ruxtpin said:
I've been called out by riskVSreward =P Yeah. I'm thinking of focus attacks, where your character smears ink all over the screen. OK. With that said, is there a way to tie focus attacks in to anything? Or is it just that one where you leave yourself wide open to getting punched in the teeth?
Take a look in the instruction book. Focus attacks can be used to counter pretty much every move in the game. Then there's Focus Attack Dash Cancels (FDACs) that can be used to get some big combos. Yeah, focus attacks are great, just keep practicing.

Top Bottom