• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Troblin

FightyF said:
I can't even do a Medium Kick -> Light Yoga Flame combo :(

Gonna try online soon, if anyone wants to boost their win percentages you know who to contact. :p

Lol.. I just got the game yesterday, and I've been unable to complete this challenge as well.

punkypine

this is just a general question about charge characters: whenever i play them, i seem to be extremely predictable... "he's backing up, here comes a sonic boom"
its not that way when others do it for some reason. how do you get less predictable :lol

"Im new to playing charge character sand im learning Boxer, how do you ultra or super after you juggle an opponent with the buffalo headbutt? Am i suppose to be charging during the headbutt or what?"

Yes. When you do buffalo headbutt, do the up with up-back, then move to down-back. this keeps your back charge, so when you land, just do forward back forward and 3K. Hold K for the first hit, let go for the second (so a straight comes out, missing the opponent and letting them fall a bit), then hold K for the rest of the ultra.

"this is just a general question about charge characters: whenever i play them, i seem to be extremely predictable... "he's backing up, here comes a sonic boom"
its not that way when others do it for some reason. how do you get less predictable"

You can charge back with down-back. Also, you can move forward with Guile while holding back by pressing back and light kick to do his knee bazooka. And don't be afraid to drop your charge, walk up/jump and use your normals a bit.

Finally got it today from retarded online retailer Amazon. Feels like I'm the last one to get it and everybody has finished it already.

Still waiting for stick next week. :(

Barrett2

The 'New Challenger' feature in Arcade Mode is seriously out of control. I don't even make it out of the opening animation in an arcade fight without the challenger appearing. Jesus..

I am starting to get the hang of Abel, just won my first Ranked match with him.

jett

D-Member
-COOLIO- said:
akuma has an attack involving light kick + light punch, but i cant read the text in brackets

why do game companies hate poor people with SDTV?

anyone know what im talking about?

Sucks to hear...btw Coolio how does the game look on a SDTV?

Darkman M

Teknopathetic said:
"Im new to playing charge character sand im learning Boxer, how do you ultra or super after you juggle an opponent with the buffalo headbutt? Am i suppose to be charging during the headbutt or what?"

Yes. When you do buffalo headbutt, do the up with up-back, then move to down-back. this keeps your back charge, so when you land, just do forward back forward and 3K. Hold K for the first hit, let go for the second (so a straight comes out, missing the opponent and letting them fall a bit), then hold K for the rest of the ultra.

"this is just a general question about charge characters: whenever i play them, i seem to be extremely predictable... "he's backing up, here comes a sonic boom"
its not that way when others do it for some reason. how do you get less predictable"

You can charge back with down-back. Also, you can move forward with Guile while holding back by pressing back and light kick to do his knee bazooka. And don't be afraid to drop your charge, walk up/jump and use your normals a bit.

Awesome thanks, now back to practice.

Akim

Banned
Anyone else going to the gamestop tournaments tomorrow? It's kind of a joke since they only allow 360 controllers and default controls but I'm gonna go for fun anyways. I'll probably get knocked out in the first round :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Akim said:
Anyone else going to the gamestop tournaments tomorrow? It's kind of a joke since they only allow 360 controllers and default controls but I'm gonna go for fun anyways. I'll probably get knocked out in the first round :lol
I want to go just to see what the fighting game community looks like these days. We've kind of gone into hiding after arcades died.

Been playing this game for a long while now, but now finally posted in this thread since I got it launch day (tues).

1) When people drop rank fights, do they lose BP? (360 ver)
2) Why is it so damn difficult to get an online match going. It usually says "unable to play" -- I just end up looking for those with "lobby" instead of "fight req" -- what's going on with this?
3) Are those challenges on hard really that hard, because goddamn they are ... hard.

LowParry

Akim said:

I may attempt to hit up the first two rounds (if I win that is) to get a free Fightpad. Round 3 is out in AZ so I couldn't really attend that. Using that 360 controller though. Seriously kills my Boxer. I can't play charge characters on a d-pad (as good).

LowParry

C- Warrior said:
Been playing this game for a long while now, but now finally posted in this thread since I got it launch day (tues).

1) When people drop rank fights, do they lose BP? (360 ver)
2) Why is it so damn difficult to get an online match going. It usually says "unable to play" -- I just end up looking for those with "lobby" instead of "fight req" -- what's going on with this?
3) Are those challenges on hard really that hard, because goddamn they are ... hard.

1) I believe they take a loss. No BP lost.
2) I have the same problem. The easy fix is to turn on the arcade matching system and you'll get games on the fly.
3) They give me gas.

The more I play this online, the more I hate the online setup. Ranked matches are not any fun since you basically play the SAME characters over and over. All I fought tonight was a few hundred kens, a hundred Ryus, and a bunch of akumas. It's like fucking Groundhog Day.

I can't get a few matches in with people on my friends list since you can only have 2 people in a game. They're always already playing with someone else and ignore everyone else.

I'm probaly not gonna play this too much until (if) they patch in spectators so I can actually get a real game going with my buddies...which sucks becuase I really enjoy it when I actually get to play with my friends, but not so much playing against random shotos all night.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
WTF @ Zangief. Dude just cannot be neared.

edit: ya Zangief is murder for my Balrog and Bison. WTF can i do when he just throws me after he blocks?

PS: I ordered a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX (since I couldn't find the TE).

What's better, or are they both considered top quality sticks? I hear the HRAP comes with a swana joystick (though normal buttons) right?

The SE fightstick I'm currently using has no top quality (swana) parts correct?

Raxus

_tetsuo_ said:
WTF @ Zangief. Dude just cannot be neared.
Against Zangief you HAVE to use focus attacks (CPU wise). Otherwise you have to keep on firing projectiles praying he doesn't get near you.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Got my TE stick this morning, holy shit it is awesome. And challenge mode 100% easier now.

C- Warrior said:
I like it when I go up against ken/ryu -- they can't do shit with my Guile :)

It's not that they're usually difficult to beat, it's just not fun having the same goddamn fight 30 times in a row.

Has there been on word on the patch whatsoever? I thought it was original supposed to be out at launch?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Soooo I think I've decided to main Viper. Is that a terrible idea? I'm not sure what her potential is...but I gotta pick someone to start with, and I dont' want to be another Ken/Ryu. It's Viper or Fei Long.

Jtrizzy

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
The more I play this online, the more I hate the online setup. Ranked matches are not any fun since you basically play the SAME characters over and over. All I fought tonight was a few hundred kens, a hundred Ryus, and a bunch of akumas. It's like fucking Groundhog Day.

I can't get a few matches in with people on my friends list since you can only have 2 people in a game. They're always already playing with someone else and ignore everyone else.

I'm probaly not gonna play this too much until (if) they patch in spectators so I can actually get a real game going with my buddies...which sucks becuase I really enjoy it when I actually get to play with my friends, but not so much playing against random shotos all night.

I totally agree as far as the online goes. They desperately need rooms or something. I didn't think the Ken/Ryu/Akuma thing was as bad as some say, but it's early and people haven't had a chance to learn new characters. It's certainly not going to stop me from playing this awesome game.

I play with Ken or Bison most times online just because I don't want to lose. I am learning Blanka (well enough to actually compete with people)

Jamesfrom818 said:
Doesn't [Abel's] roll go through fireballs?
It does. And his QCB kick mostly goes over them if you time it right. His ultra goes through them at close to full screen. EX Change of Direction should absorb one too (?).

And you can always jump or FA the fireballs just like you were playing anybody else.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
commish said:
Soooo I think I've decided to main Viper. Is that a terrible idea? I'm not sure what her potential is...but I gotta pick someone to start with, and I dont' want to be another Ken/Ryu. It's Viper or Fei Long.

she takes a lot of skill to use. which i personally dont have... yet.

but win or lose you always look good and as vega might think: thats what counts.

I really feel this is the first game in a while where I want a hard copy of a strategy guide in front of me at all times. Is there an official one people are picking up?

Xabora

This is weird, I'm gravitating over to Bison from Dan... o_O

330v4ef.jpg

jett

D-Member
Can't believe these capcom assholes decided to simply squish the HUD for those of us with 4:3 TVs.

At least I found out about this before buying it(would've driven me crazy). Only KZ2 for me this month.

Jtrizzy

I've been logging some serious hours since I got this on Wednesday. 12 hours, 50 ranked matches, probably another 50 unranked, unlocked everyone beside Seth.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hey GAF.

I bought Street Fighter 4 today, but I didn't unwrap it yet. I'm kind of in a financial pickle at the moment and wasn't entirely sure if I could afford it, but I flipped a coin on it, and fate told me to purchase. However, once I open it, that's it. It's mine. Period.

What should I do? It's the 360 version.

Also, if I DO open it, will anyone play with me?

Dacvak said:
Hey GAF.

I bought Street Fighter 4 today, but I didn't unwrap it yet. I'm kind of in a financial pickle at the moment and wasn't entirely sure if I could afford it, but I flipped a coin on it, and fate told me to purchase. However, once I open it, that's it. It's mine. Period.

Take it back and get your money back if you can't afford it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Raxus said:
Against Zangief you HAVE to use focus attacks (CPU wise). Otherwise you have to keep on firing projectiles praying he doesn't get near you.

I was playing with Balrog, and it was online :(

Dacvak said:
Hey GAF.

360 version? Don't open it. Once you open it, you're going to want to buy a stick.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
GalacticAE said:
Take it back and get your money back if you can't afford it.
I can, it just means I'll be eating ramen this week.

CartridgeBlower said:
I really feel this is the first game in a while where I want a hard copy of a strategy guide in front of me at all times. Is there an official one people are picking up?

Theres a PRIMA guide out. Unsure of content quality but it looks nice

Raxus

Dacvak said:
Hey GAF.

If you are asking us whether you will regret a purchase of extraneous goods when you are in a financial pickle. I think you may have answered your own question. Return it for the cash. Get it when you have everything secure so you have a home to play street fighter in.

Top Bottom