• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
The last boss is a cheap fucking piece of shit. Seriously, I don't get why they continue putting bullshit like this in fighting games.

vertopci

vas_a_morir said:
Fuck yeah. Don't laugh at me, dude. I just NOW got over 1000 battle points. It's an important victory for me!

Dude, I still have to fucking get 500 BP. People should be laughing at me not you :lol

ItsInMyVeins said:
The last boss is a cheap fucking piece of shit. Seriously, I don't get why they continue putting bullshit like this in fighting games.

Tell me about it. Dreading the last boss on King of Fighters XII.

For the record I still prefer SF III: Third Strike over this game. Please don't diss me.. :)

DaFish

vertopci said:
I fucking hate the Ultra inputs especially double QCF.

Been having trouble inputting that shit since SF3.

My littlle brother is having the same problem... not sure why, maybe its the timing or maybe he is just trying too hard and just spazzes the motions. Try just doing the motions smoothly (no rush)

When we gonna play some, Verty?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, people rage quitting is starting to piss me off. If I beat your ken/ryu, deal with it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I have 1.5K of BP. 53 ranked wins. I can call myself a shoto killer now. Chun Li is a god to me... and huh, Zangief is overpowered :lol

EDIT: BTW, no one has dced on me so far on live.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
commish said:
Okay, people rage quitting is starting to piss me off. If I beat your ken/ryu, deal with it.

Doesn't that lose them BP anyway? I don't see the point of rage quitting. Or are you playing Player Matches?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I feel getting to 2k BP is pretty easy but once you get close to 4k this shit gets ridiculous. I ran into some really good players lastnight..

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
ItsInMyVeins said:
So you keep putting in quarters. The last boss in Tekken 5 was about 100 times worse.

ItsInMyVeins said:

It's not so much that he is cheap, it's the fact that when you put it on the easiest setting it doesn't seem to change anything.

vas_a_morir said:
I'm just curious as to what everyone's hours on this game are.

I have 12 hours in.

9:23 hrs played, 43.47% win rate, 30 wins out of 69 matches, longest streak 8. (damn zangief!)

Still getting the hang of things, mainly using Guile/Cammy.

itsinmyveins

SapientWolf said:
So you keep putting in quarters. The last boss in Tekken 5 was about 100 times worse.

No, man, nowhere near this level of crapiness. I mean, sure, that was annoying, but this bastard's constantely transporting himself all over the place, from throw to throw to special and etc.

Feral Youth said:
It's not so much that he is cheap, it's the fact that when you put it on the easiest setting it doesn't seem to change anything.

I'm playing on very easy now :lol

I have no problem until his second form. It's then, when he starts to dodge my ultimate combos or when he does some crazy attack through mine, that I'm getting pummeled so badly. I've had him down to pretty much no health, but then he does some weird special which sucks me in and then shoots me onto the screen so I die (by then I also usually have very low health).

Volcynika

9:02 hours, 38 / 58 fights won (I think, kinda hard to read), win rate 65.51%, longest win streak 7.

I'm taking a break for now, just had another guy (a Blanka, amusingly enough), quit on my through the last round after I took half his health and he had done barely anything.

Strange, I'm facing very little of Ken and Ryu. Mostly Akume but I've also faced Dhalsim 4 times.

Also, I got Dan's home shirt without using Dan or fighting him.

ItsInMyVeins said:
I'm playing on very easy now :lol

I have no problem until his second form. It's then, when he starts to dodge my ultimate combos or when he does some crazy attack through mine, that I'm getting pummeled so badly. I've had him down to pretty much no health, but then he does some weird special which sucks me in and then shoots me onto the screen so I die (by then I also usually have very low health).

I just jump and hard kick him, and then sweep, jump back and then repeat. Fighting him with specials and shit is pointless from what I've seen.

Volcynika

DoctorWho said:
Strange, I'm facing very little of Ken and Ryu. Mostly Akume but I've also faced Dhalsim 4 times.

Never fought a Dhalsim or El Fuerte yet. A couple others I haven't seen either.

I played as Sagat, guys. Never played a match with him. Some guy picked my character, and worked on all these great techniques. I fucking just blocked and tiger uppercutted, and won. That character is such bullshit.

itsinmyveins

Feral Youth said:
I just jump and hard kick him, and then sweep, jump back and then repeat. Fighting him with specials and shit is pointless from what I've seen.

In his second form he does something like a shoryuken (only longer) half of the time I try to jump and hard kick him :/

SLYspyda

Banned
SLYspyda said:
So the majority of you people were crying when the intro song was released. I knew from the first time I heard it it was a damn good fit. How do you guys fill about it now?

Also, I can understand the need to FADC backwards when I miss a dragon punch with Ryu who is my main. But what instance would I need to FADC forward? I can easily do a 3-hit combo with the last move being a dragon punch into a super hadoken. If I can do that, I really need to DC out of the dragon punch.

I need some help on this focus stuff please

Volcynika

Ok, tip request for future reference! I'm maining Cammy and mainly having trouble with:

Sagat
Guile (turtling ones at that)
Abel

I can't figure out how to get around some of these characters stuff. Any recommendations?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DoctorWho said:

The Ken and Ryu users must have unlocked him.

sprocket

Banned
Real players are not going to let your constant spamming of fireballs and dragon punches cheese your way to wins.

So I suggest just finally moving to Akuma for ultimate cheapness.

Or you know learn to fight for real.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Ken times infinity! People love that dude :lol

Just hit 1000 BP....and probably popped a thousand blood vessels in my throat from screaming. I don't know what's gotten into me today but I'm really flipping out over wins and losses.

Edit: Fei Long main, baby.

Double edit: I'm going to have a celebratory wank. Brb.

Barso

Banned
I have been looking at the SF4 madcatz tournament edition joysticks on ebay.
Are they worth the prices people are paying?
I just can't help feeling that madcatz will release more due to the demand.
I really want one but JEEZ the prices for a joystick are nuts.

Canti said:
I'll fight you (on now). Will add/invite asap.

Those were some good games mate!

I totally forgot how awesome E. Honda was, I might make him my main. I feel really obligated not to use Ryu because a lot of people use him :lol

Volcynika said:
Ok, tip request for future reference! I'm maining Cammy and mainly having trouble with:

Sagat
Guile (turtling ones at that)
Abel

I can't figure out how to get around some of these characters stuff. Any recommendations?

I have no idea how I managed to do it but I managed to score a Perfect against an Abel with Cammy. I don't think I did anything remarkable besides stay away from his throws.

I have trouble with Akuma... :/

Canti

dabookerman said:
Those were some good games mate!

I totally forgot how awesome E. Honda was, I might make him my main. I feel really obligated not to use Ryu because a lot of people use him :lol
As you could probably tell I'm pretty bad with everyone but Chun :lol

We'll have to have a Chun v Ryu rematch another day. GG!

Anyone who is tired of Seth's cheapness can just turn it to best out of 1 rounds and never fight his second form again. I didn't even think of doing that until I had already beat it with everyone except Gen.

Anyway, I unlocked all the characters and I'm now working on the colors by doing the challenges. The challenges are actually a good place to learn some hardcore SF techniques.

Nif

Oni Link 666 said:
Anyone who is tired of Seth's cheapness can just turn it to best out of 1 rounds and never fight his second form again. I didn't even think of doing that until I had already beat it with everyone except Gen.

Anyway, I unlocked all the characters and I'm now working on the colors by doing the challenges. The challenges are actually a good place to learn some hardcore SF techniques.

In the 1-round fights, he starts off in his second form. :/ But it's still much easier than going 2-3 with him.

Oni Link 666 said:

His second form is his default round one form if you switch to one round. At least as far as I could tell.

Beaten by a shoto-taru

DoctorWho said:
His second form is his default round one form if you switch to one round. At least as far as I could tell.

Beaten by a shoto-rat.

I don't think so. Well, at least not on easiest. I did arcade on easiest to unlock everyone. It definitely wasn't his second form since I was getting perfects on him.

vas_a_morir said:
I'm just curious as to what everyone's hours on this game are.

I have 12 hours in.

20:02 hrs played, 78.70% win rate (I think), 126 wins 44 losses, longest streak 14.

I haven't invested this much time in a fighter since MvC2. This game will destroy my social life.

sprocket said:
you guys realize when ever you pick ryu ken or even more so akuma everyone sees you as p******

I'm still getting my ass kicked by them though... :(. I'm hovering around 200BP in 20+ matches.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm still having some trouble dealing with one shoto tactic, and that's the fireball spam to get you to jump at them, and then they just hit you with a SRK.

I can sneak in with an EX chicken wing or buy blocking the balls and dashing inbetween them, but for the most part I end up having to jump and there's the first.

I'll figure it out, but I'm starting to see more of these as I get more BP.

Just as an aside to SpiderJericho: I dunno if I'd call the combos easy. Basic 2-in-1s and a 3 part jump in combo are pretty easy (and the input timing is super lenient), but the link requirement on longer combo strings puts them just out of grasp for sub-intermediate (intermediate being average fighting game enthusiast level players, not necessarily tournament going) players.

"I'm still having some trouble dealing with one shoto tactic, and that's the fireball spam to get you to jump at them, and then they just hit you with a SRK.

I can sneak in with an EX chicken wing or buy blocking the balls and dashing inbetween them, but for the most part I end up having to jump and there's the first."

Jump straight up to throw off their fireball timing and slowly make your way in. You can also do a focus attack, absorb the fireball, and then dash forward and close some space.

Top Bottom