• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Volcynika said:
Ok, unlocked Seth and beat arcade with him!

Woo!

And Brobozoid, I'm about to eat lunch and stuff, so I'll be on later.
send me a psn message, I have some lines I need to rip in skate2 in the mean time.

riskVSreward said:
That's not true. You just need to beat it with Akuma after you get him, then you can get Gouken with anyone by getting perfects + ultras.

That didn't work for me. I got Akuma again.

Getting abit pissed of with this game now.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If you want to play against more than just Kens and Ryus, picking opponents from Japan seems to help a bunch :) Fought some really good Gens and Roses that way, for example.

Also, fuck Sirlin, jesus what an ego.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man, I still can't reliably do the QCF x2 motion. Unless I'm on the 2 player side I pretty much have no chance of doing an ultra. Kind of depressing.

Feral Youth said:
That didn't work for me. I got Akuma again.

Getting abit pissed of with this game now.
That happened to me too, til I beat it with Akuma then beat it again with someone else using the listed conditions.

Rektash

Can someone repost the youtube all trials, challange mode room ? I am stuck on Sakura trial 4 normal on 2/4 can t connect c.mk into ex shunpukyaku after a focus. Just canceling c.mk into ex shunpukyaku is no problem but it just won t hit after a focus, because Dan does a roll backward in the air after focus -> c.mk. Any Help or youtube link to all Sakura trials on normal?

EDIT: LOL first try after I posted this i pulled it off :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
RamzaIsCool said:
Having trouble with doing Sagat's fakekick in the trial mode. Can somebody help me out here?

Double tap HK as fast as you can, eventually itll work. You dont even have to "hit" Dan with it

SapientWolf said:
If HK is on the trigger you probably don't stand a chance with this move.
Yeah, if you don't have a stick it's hard regardless. Try mapping HK to 2 different buttons and mashing one after the other.

ultim8p00

Banned
Holly shit! Didn't know this was out yet.

I am going to GS right now.

By the way do I need to buy an arcade stick? Does it work well with the 360 controller? If not what can I get that is cheap but works?

c2morg

I found jumping first to be easier, also mapping HK to a face button improves ur chances loads.

King Bowsers idea sounds best.

Is there a serious point to this move? Even if I could do it on command, at what point would it ever be useful?

Raging Spaniard

ultim8p00 said:

By the way do I need to buy an arcade stick? Does it work well with the 360 controller? If not what can I get that is cheap but works?

It works with the 360 controller, buy an arcade stick if you want to.

ultim8p00 said:

The DOA4/VF5 Hori's are pretty cheap if you don't want to pony up for one of the Madcats sticks. I wouldn't expect to find any sticks at GS though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
RamzaIsCool said:
Tried that, even moved the HK to a face button. No succes, have to keep trying I suppose. Thanks anyway. :)

Don't mash with your thumb - put the controller on your knee and mash with the tip of your finger as rapidly as possible - that's how fast you actually have to be to get it...

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Unlocked Gouken

- First I beat Arcade with Akuma (used a continue due to practicing ultra and failing, too)

- Going Arcade with Ryu (I don't know if it matters), Easiest, 1 round matches, 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes before Seth.

Confirmed to work

c2morg said:
I found jumping first to be easier, also mapping HK to a face button improves ur chances loads.

King Bowsers idea sounds best.

Is there a serious point to this move? Even if I could do it on command, at what point would it ever be useful?
It can fake people out, but it won't work unless the other player is good. Fake kick -> throw sets up a fake kick -> Super/Ultra. Again, it's only going to work if you're playing someone who can block on reaction well.

riskVSreward said:
That happened to me too, til I beat it with Akuma then beat it again with someone else using the listed conditions.

I did beat it with Akuma and did it again. Got Akuma.

This time around I did it with 1 perfect and 3 Ultras then I got him, made sure I finished him off with an Ultra as well since I wanted to avoid any bullshit.

Barrett2

Chamber said:
Man, I still can't reliably do the QCF x2 motion. Unless I'm on the 2 player side I pretty much have no chance of doing an ultra. Kind of depressing.

Me too. Pretty sad that I have to hop over to the right of the screen before I can attempt my Ultra.

baby steps...

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Great King Bowser said:
I posted this earlier in the thread, but map all the face buttons to HK and then rub between them furiously. Did it in 1 second after doing this.

Did this and made it. :lol

Most useless move ever....think they put it in the game just to piss off people with a gamepad.

RamzaIsCool said:
Did this and made it. :lol

Most useless move ever....think they put it in the game just to piss off people with a gamepad.
It's difficult, but certainly not useless. IMO it's not worth practicing though.

Aeris130

So after hovering around 400BP with Rose, I'm picking Blanka after 2 minutes of training, and suddenly shoto-scrubs start falling left and right placing me firmly at 1000+BP. The rank-whore in me wants to stay, but now I'm not having any fun.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Feral Youth said:
I did beat it with Akuma and did it again. Got Akuma.

This time around I did it with 1 perfect and 3 Ultras then I got him, made sure I finished him off with an Ultra as well since I wanted to avoid any bullshit.

Like said just before you came in, you can have too many ultras or perfects as well.

To unlock Gouken you need to do EXACTLY 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes before Seth. No more or no less.

NeoUltima

Well that's the last time I'm going to fight a japanese person...Match had like a 1 second delay, and the dude had "Fledgling Fighter" as title but then 1600 bp :(. lolz

Osaka said:
Like said just before you came in, you can have too many ultras or perfects as well.

To unlock Gouken you need to do EXACTLY 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes before Seth. No more or no less.
That's not true either mate, I got him by doing 4 perfects and all the rest were ultra finishes.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
riskVSreward said:
That's not true either mate, I got him by doing 4 perfects and all the rest were ultra finishes.

Oh well, it certainly was the case for Akuma. I couldn't unlock him if I did more than 1 perfects. Didn't do any ultras either.

Brobzoid

Volcynika said:
Bahhhhh

Online matches are sucking for me lately, since my fightpad keeps wanting to hold down and so I'm constantly ducking.

D:
arg! send me an invite again pls. You were just starting to breaking my routine.

Evlar

Banned
I'm curious whether it matters if you get Time Out finishes when trying to get Gouken. I did it with no Time Out finishes (Bison, 2 Perfects, 3 Ultras, 1 round). The game does track the difference between Time Outs and regular victories: one is scored a 'T', the other a 'V'. Ultras are scored as 'U' and Perfects as 'P'.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Osaka said:

I got to Gouken and beat him by having 1 perfect and 5 Ultras on Hardest with one round - so there are different ways, but yes, the method you posted is the sure-fire way to get to Gouken as that's how I unlocked him the very first time...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Evlar said:
I'm curious whether it matters if you get Time Out finishes when trying to get Gouken. I did it with no Time Out finishes (Bison, 2 Perfects, 3 Ultras, 1 round). The game does track the difference between Time Outs and regular victories: one is scored a 'T', the other a 'V'. Ultras are scored as 'U' and Perfects as 'P'.
i think i beat seth weith a time out when i got akuma

Volcynika

I'm not sure what happened there Brobozoid, suddenly got dropped. You whipped me pretty bad though :lol Never fought many charge characters.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
NeoUltima said:
Well that's the last time I'm going to fight a japanese person...Match had like a 1 second delay, and the dude had "Fledgling Fighter" as title but then 1600 bp :(. lolz
at what bp should one drop the fledgling fighter title?

I think ill upgrade at around 700 or 800?

Chamber said:
you have an easier time from the right side? really?

Osaka said:
Oh well, it certainly was the case for Akuma. I couldn't unlock him if I did more than 1 perfects. Didn't do any ultras either.
Something else must have been wrong, the way I got both Akuma and Gouken was 1 round, easiest, no continues. First 4 fights were perfect, all the rest were ultra finishes. The only catch was I had to beat it with Akuma (any difficulty, no other stipulations) before getting Gouken.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Thrakier said:
How important is it to master the focus attacks? I never use them. :(
just normal focus attacks are really easy to use. easier to pull of on command than any special attacks. just use it whenever you think the opponent is going to hit just once with a none armor breaking attack. usually works on the get up, even against good players who dont have an ex shoryuken to hit you away with

Chamber

love on your sleeve
-COOLIO- said:
you have an easier time from the right side? really?
QCB? Yeah, definitely.

I can do QCB(Left) x2 about 75% of the time. QCF(Right) x2 is more like 25%. Maybe even less than that.

Brobzoid

again? This just wasn't meant to be. :(
But shit, you totally had me by the balls. One thing though, if you block a headbutt you should go for a grab. I think it's safe, but that just be against me :p

Tadale

I'm sitting right at 1500 BP. The problem is that, for some reason, I can only find opponents who are at 600 BP, so when I lose they take anywhere from 80-100 points away from me. When I win, the most I get back is 40. So I'll win about three, and then one match will take all of those points away.

Volcynika

Brobzoid said:
again? This just wasn't meant to be. :(
But shit, you totally had me by the balls. One thing though, if you block a headbutt you should go for a grab. I think it's safe, but that just be against me :p

Ah ok! You're helping me learn how to work against charge characters though!

Aeris130

Tadale said:
I'm sitting right at 1500 BP. The problem is that, for some reason, I can only find opponents who are at 600 BP, so when I lose they take anywhere from 80-100 points away from me. When I win, the most I get back is 40. So I'll win about three, and then one match will take all of those points away.

BP points are going to be all over the place until the majority of users have played for a while, "settling" around their score.

Raging Spaniard

Tadale said:

Have you tried making a lobby and setting your preferences to "more skilled"?

Bog

Junior Ace
It's awesome when Seth turns into "hardest" when you're just trying to play through on "easiest" to unlock guys. It's fun to lose 40 in a row.

Top Bottom