• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Tokubetsu

Bog said:
It's awesome when Seth turns into "hardest" when you're just trying to play through on "easiest" to unlock guys. It's fun to lose 40 in a row.

Seth is completely manageable on anything that isn't above medium, 2nd round. He just gets cheap on 2nd round at higher difficulties.

Bog said:
It's awesome when Seth turns into "hardest" when you're just trying to play through on "easiest" to unlock guys. It's fun to lose 40 in a row.

i know :( I'm getting DESTROYED trying to beat him with dhalism. Man i don't know how to beat him with this guy. Ugh

Chamber, have you checked out your input on the QCFs in training mode? I was having the same problem, probably partly due to the fact that this is the first time I've played a 2d fighter since SFII. Whenever I tried an ultra, I would usually throw a f-d-df special. When I looked at my input, I found that i just wasn't rotating to a full 3( or 9) position. I just slowed down the motion and spent a half hour getting it into my head against a training CPU and now it's second nature.

Judging by the input tracker, it's actually rather lenient. Most of my ultras start at df, but they still come off.

Bog said:
FFS Seth is a pushover, have you Seth whiners played a fighting game before?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Captain N said:
forward high kick and he really is easy
That strategy won't work with some characters.

Doing the old jumping HK followed by the leg sweep routine will get you killed with quickness using El Fuerte.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Bog said:
focus attack as he gets up,

screw the focus-attack-on-seth haters!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
dollartaco said:
Chamber, have you checked out your input on the QCFs in training mode? I was having the same problem, probably partly due to the fact that this is the first time I've played a 2d fighter since SFII. Whenever I tried an ultra, I would usually throw a f-d-df special. When I looked at my input, I found that i just wasn't rotating to a full 3( or 9) position. I just slowed down the motion and spent a half hour getting it into my head against a training CPU and now it's second nature.

Judging by the input tracker, it's actually rather lenient. Most of my ultras start at df, but they still come off.
I'm pretty sure I'm not following through on the second QCF. It's like I'll do QCF ->D ->DF -> PPP or QCF -> DF -> F -> PPP.

I'm just going to have to take an hour and do nothing but double QCF's in training mode.

dollartaco said:
Not really since Tekken 2, no. Guess my e-dick just isn't as big as yours.
E-dick lol. It's not bragging to say Seth on easiest is easy, because he's fucking easy. Go play HD Remix on Easiest, you'll be throwing your controller on the second guy.

EDIT: I decided to be helpful:

Seth Round 1: Very very easy. he will start the round with his stretchy Dhalsim HP like 90% of the time. Jump in and combo, stay on him after that, use relentless offense.

Seth Round 2: Now he will start using his specials. He also will not open with the stretch punch and is more likely to jump in. Be defensive. Jump in less, his Uppercut will deal massive damage. His rapid fire kick is a bitch but doesn't even come out if you block the first kick, leaving him open for a counter attack -> combo. When he knocks you down, he will teleport 2-3 times, just get up and block since he will most likely switch sides on you and counter any attack you try.

His ultra and command throw are the weakest in the game. His EX command throw seems to do as much damage as a normal SPD. He is easy damn it, I'm not trying to brag. My online record is 50/50, I'm not that great. But the AI has a lot of holes in it, compared to any other fighter this is a walk in the park. How many times have you see CPU Bison start with the slide kick? Just an example, it's all way too predictable.

riskVSreward said:
E-dick lol. It's not bragging to say Seth on easiest is easy, because he's fucking easy. Go play HD Remix on Easiest, you'll be throwing your controller on the second guy.

maybe I need to try that to put it into perspective. Cause I want to throw it every time I play seth.

Rektash

Just beat all Sakura normal challanges. I am having big problems with double qcf on my stick, especially when you need them fast. Canceling a Special into a Super is hell for me :-/.

so_awes

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
getting rocked by abel looks like the most embarrassing thing, just seeing your ass thrown all of the place like childs play thing
i especially love using him to beat the shit out of Ken players.

FIREBALL! FIREBALL! FIREBALL! DOUBLE FIREBALL! FIREBALL!

then i tell them they need to throw more fireballs next time. :lol

Bog

Junior Ace
I seriously think it glitched. I had just beaten him with one button as Viper. With Abel, though, he won't even let me stand up.

Bog said:
I seriously think it glitched. I had just beaten him with one button as Viper. With Abel, though, he won't even let me stand up.
It's not, you just aren't as good with Abel then. Play the second round defensively.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I noticed in the vega stage lookalike, I did a final atomic buster and one of the guys fell off the stage. It's little details like that, that crack me up. :lol

Jirotrom

you guys want to know the easiest way to beat this game on the hardest difficulty?
I just beat it only losing once to seth... almost got to goken:(

GrayFoxPL

Xater said:
Played a few games with GreyFox. That was fun. Not competitive and we played a bunch of different characters. Connection seemed to be great how was it on your end Fox?

It was perfect, man. Fun matches! It seems my cheap dalshim and his random/out of place ultras don't work on you :lol. Good thing we didn't play too long today as I thought my hands would fall at the end.
Yeasterday I played SFIV whole day and today I totally beat can barely move!
But we do must play more! :D

Those Online smiley icon gifs are so awesome. Brilliant move capcom! :lol

Tried Sagat today, boy they weren't kidding about him being god tier. It's so obvious onve you start playing him.

About online. I find it funny that it's so hard for me to connect matches, but once I put Fight Req to on and went on playing arcade the challengers keep pouring every 2 minutes. I couldn't even get to rival match :lol.

I went tagainst some guoken's today on ranked everyone of them sported the same tactics: hide in the corner and throw both fireballs all day.

I must still unlock him, but I'm having way too much fun with other characters not to bother with Gouken right now.

Anyone else find the arcade end fight comments brilliant? The one's intended are mostly geniunely funny. I did find one gramma error and something with one to many space between words, other then that it's awesome.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there some trick to Ultras? I'm constantly fighting (well mostly Ken) and every fight, they finish with an ultra. I'm mainly using Zangief (because I suck :() but I can never hit his (two 3/4 circles + 3P).

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I want to get good at Gouken to put all horrible shoto players to shame.

His F, D, DF -> P move is a charge that goes right through fireballs. If you know the guy is about to toss one, you bust out that move and put a palm in their eye. Very satisfying as it sends their limp ass "GET PAID" style in the air. So awesome.

His counter moves are nice if your opponents are predictable. B, D, DB -> P or K (high or low). He'll interupt whatever attack they are doing and again just send them flying "GET PAID" style.

Seems like a fun character if you can get with him, but without a SRK, he feels a bit weak on recovery moves.

alr1ghtstart said:
Is there some trick to Ultras? I'm constantly fighting (well mostly Ken) and every fight, they finish with an ultra. I'm mainly using Zangief (because I suck :() but I can never hit his (two 3/4 circles + 3P).
There's no trick, they're performed exactly as they're listed. Zangief's happens to be tougher to do since you need to do a 720 and not just QCFx2. Practice doing it from a jump, example:

Knock opp. down. Jump at them so you will land next to them as soon as they get up. Do the 720 in the air and hit all 3P as soon as you land. All the noobs are doing it.

RubxQub

-COOLIO- said:
oh yeah, has anybody had a round of getting body slammed by el fuerte constantly? how do you get out of that?
If Feurte is doing his QCF P into mP move from point blank range, it's a crossover move.

You'll need to block in the opposite direction. That being said, the rape is happening so fast that sometimes it's hard to gauge if it's going to hit in front or in back...and just when you think you've got it pegged, he'll hit hP and powerbomb your ass.

Fuerte is really fun to use just because he's a total crackhead :lol

ultim8p00

Banned
So I just started playing. Ken, Dan, and Fei Long are my main guys. Ryu is not flashy enough for me.

Edit: Balrog(Boxer) is also pretty awesome.

dfyb

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
oh yeah, has anybody had a round of getting body slammed by el fuerte constantly? how do you get out of that?
you can parry with FA. you can block high. but both of those can be grabbed out of. that's fuerte's mixup.

I love almost everything about this game. My only criticism is that the the characters don't have their own stages and theme songs when you play in Arcade mode. That's one of the things that made SF2 so great; it helped give each character more personality and to see the same characters using the same song and stage makes me weep for what could have been.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
-COOLIO- said:

if you block low doesn't el fuerte fall flat on his face?

Now I know why everyone is complaining about Gouken or whatever his name is. I beat the game with Akuma, then beat the game getting 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishes with no continues, and Akuma's dumbass shows up again.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If anyone's up for some player matches for fun, send me a PSN invite. I suck and need practice against real people.

PSN Name: Novuscaine

which challenges unlock characters specific icons?

Trial gives you TITLES but not Icons,

I want sweet character specific Icons!!

I only have 4 Bison ones.. I have no idea where I got them, but I did use him allot in Time-Attack Normal and bit in Survival but I have no clue where I should go.

anyone know?

RubxQub

polyh3dron said:
I love almost everything about this game. My only criticism is that the the characters don't have their own stages and theme songs when you play in Arcade mode. That's one of the things that made SF2 so great; it helped give each character more personality and to see the same characters using the same song and stage makes me weep for what could have been.
This and the lack of a HDR's multiplayer spectator/challenger system are my only gripes.

Amazing game otherwise.

dralla

uh I can't do Vipers trial, the one where you have to link Focus Attack, EX Thunder Knuckle, Ultra. the Ultra never connects, ever

jacobs34

DoctorWho said:
I was at 895 at one point and then I dropped down to 350. I started playing several Ken's in a row and they got the best of me. :(

I hear you on that one. I was trying to learn Rose and Gief but the Kens just kept beating me, now whenever I see a guy wait on the character select screen or go striaght to Ken/Ryu I play with Sagat and strike with great vengence and furious anger.

dralla said:
uh I can't do Vipers trial, the one where you have to link Focus Attack, EX Thunder Knuckle, Ultra. the Ultra never connects, ever
I'm not 100% sure, but if you have trouble hitting a certain combo in Trail, try canceling. So... try canceling the EX Thunder Knuck into the Ultra. I can test this for you in a sec, or you could find the Youtube channel that has all the trials on it.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
polyh3dron said:
i wanted a dramatic story like the one from the story trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44551.html

it's cool though, even the endings have all been crptic so far.

also i thought the character animes were gunna be like what was in that trailer, but the arent so what are they from?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
RubxQub said:
If Feurte is doing his QCF P into mP move from point blank range, it's a crossover move.

You'll need to block in the opposite direction. That being said, the rape is happening so fast that sometimes it's hard to gauge if it's going to hit in front or in back...and just when you think you've got it pegged, he'll hit hP and powerbomb your ass.

Fuerte is really fun to use just because he's a total crackhead :lol

Sometimes you hit a great groove with Fuerte though and everything seems like bullet time. :lol

Just broke 1k BP. :D

taku

gutter_trash said:
which challenges unlock characters specific icons?

Trial gives you TITLES but not Icons,

I want sweet character specific Icons!!

I only have 4 Bison ones.. I have no idea where I got them, but I did use him allot in Time-Attack Normal and bit in Survival but I have no clue where I should go.

anyone know?
Online matches gives me icons regularly. Don't know if I've gotten icons any other way..

Jirotrom

So... let me start off by saying I've got all the characters already... but im trying to get to Gouken on the hardest difficulty. I end up beating everybody with no continues but it gives me Akuma to fight instead. Is it just random who shows up?

Since we're talking about gripes, my biggest is that they don't hide your/your opponent's character selection when playing over Live. It would put an end to all the stalling and counter picking.

Evlar

Banned
Jirotrom said:
So... let me start off by saying I've got all the characters already... but im trying to get to Gouken on the hardest difficulty. I end up beating everybody with no continues but it gives me Akuma to fight instead. Is it just random who shows up?
Two perfects, three ultras, no continues, one round.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
JESSUUUUS!! Chun Li, Trial 3, the second one. Crouch Heavy and Medium spinning bird. Impossible for me. Tips?

Top Bottom