• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Phew...just finished Gouken's hard trial. The last two combos melted my brain.

Vard

This is kind of an obscure question, but does anyone know if the Soul Calibur 2 arcade stick (which worked on GC, PS2, Xbox) works on the PS3 through a PS2-USB converter? With those converters you can use DualShock 2s on a PS3, and I'm wondering if I can plug in the SC2 stick and play SF4 with a stick. I would try it myself but I don't have the stick on me at the moment.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I think my claw is pretty good, I just need to be able to get his ultra 100% of the time.

Trying to figure out who my next character will be, and I'm thinking turtle dhalsim.

Vard said:
This is kind of an obscure question, but does anyone know if the Soul Calibur 2 arcade stick (which worked on GC, PS2, Xbox) works on the PS3 through a PS2-USB converter? With those converters you can use DualShock 2s on a PS3, and I'm wondering if I can plug in the SC2 stick and play SF4 with a stick. I would try it myself but I don't have the stick on me at the moment.
That should work, you can go to sdtekken.com for comparisons of the convertors, some are better than others.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hey Gowans, invite for your 360 party?

GT: RubxQ

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Feral Youth said:
Fuck the A.I on easiest when using Seth, especially against Seth himself is fucking bullshit. What the fuck is it with fighting games and the Easiest setting, It's not cool, it's not funny, it should be fucking easy.

I died less on the hardest setting for heaven's sake.

The more you try, the harder he is. Nowadays I just give him a steady diet of HK and I win just about every time.

Vard

riskVSreward said:
That should work, you can go to sdtekken.com for comparisons of the convertors, some are better than others.
Cool, thanks. I bought 2 cheap converters off eBay a few months back which work fine, but if it doesn't with the stick at least I know there are some converters out there that will work.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Finally through the entire arcade mode with everyone including Seth. Looks like the Challenge mode is up next. Need more colors! I love picking Fuerte's all black chef's outfit. :lol

I think I may need new buttons for my VFHG. They have taken a shit ton of punishment over the years. :lol

Gowans

RubxQub said:
How is this going to work?

I'll get in on this.

at the mo were just in party chat while playing boucning around in the game, playign ranked or fighting each other.

I'll just inv your tag

BitchTits

There seems to be a lot of confusion over unlocking the last 3 characters.

To unlock Gouki/Akuma:
1. Unlock and complete the game with all other characters (continues allowed) (except Gouken, Seth obviously)
2. Play a game with any character getting at least 1 perfect, and no continues

Unlock Gouken:
1. Unlock Akuma
2. Play a game with any character and get at least 2 perfects and 3 Ultra Combo Finishes, no continues.

Unlock Seth:
1. Unlock Gouken
2. Complete the game with Gouken

Just done it myself on easiest, 1 round per match. Now to get some real matches in.

Abel & Fuerte <3
Gouken is fun, a bit more interesting for those of us who don't really use shotos.
Seth is like an uber-cheap shoto with a spinning pile driver! I don't like these sort of fighting game boss designs (Dural type characters with moves of other fighters, it's cheap and lacks imagination. Bison was a much better boss character).

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
BitchTits said:
There seems to be a lot of confusion over unlocking the last 3 characters.

To unlock Gouki/Akuma:
1. Unlock and complete the game with all other characters (continues allowed) (except Gouken, Seth obviously)
2. Play a game with any character getting at least 1 perfect, and no continues

Unlock Gouken:
1. Unlock Akuma
2. Play a game with any character and get at least 2 perfects and 3 Ultra Combo Finishes, no continues.

Unlock Seth:
1. Unlock Gouken
2. Complete the game with Gouken

Just done it myself on easiest, 1 round per match. Now to get some real matches in.
For Akuma I had only beat the game with like 6 characters, I played it again with Ryu and got Akuma.

For Seth you need to beat it with everyone.

taku

Label said:
Ran into one awesome bug tonight whilst playing!

I had to clear my HDD's cache to fix it. :lol
Yay, finally someone with the same bug! We can be bug buddies!

Also,
Holy smokes! Sakura is so OOORSUM! I usually go with Sagat or Blanka but mang oh mang, this Sakura girl is so fun to play with and easy as hell! She can't take a whole lot of hits though, but she's fast as lightning!

riskVSreward said:
You're like the 3rd or 4th person to mention this... I always thought people had an easier time on the left considering thats the side the majority of your playing/practicing is done on.
Weird.
on a dpad: facing right = win.

on stick: facing left = win.

motions just seem more natural for the muscles employed.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
This game is awesome! I haven't really sat down and played a true fighting game probably since SF2. But someone got this game for my birthday and that's that.

Does anyone have a move chart list for PS3?

And who would you recommend for a newb? I can never get by the 3rd battle on medium. I play Ken because he seems to me the easiest to pick up and play, but whenever I run into El Fuerte(who is a blatant rip off of the SC4 guy, no?) I can never come close to winning.

Cianalas

BitchTits said:
Unlock Gouken:
1. Unlock Akuma
Any character? I did that with Akuma twice and nothing.

Narcosis

so, anyone here clear the level 3 training with C. Viper? I'm not quite getting this Heavy Kick into Super thing. What's the exact timing for the super? I'm trying to input it as fast as possible when I start the kick, but it never seems to go. Also, should I be doing this with the up close double kick or a step back with the spinning heavy kick? It registers as red on the commands either way, but does it matter for easiness?

Narcosis

Cianalas said:
Any character? I did that with Akuma twice and nothing.

I didn't get Gouken to unlock until I beat arcade with every other character (including Akuma) then beating it with someone who I had already previously beat the game with.

Akim said:
let me tell you about zangiefs moves, first there is th

LARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIETLARIET
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Narcosis said:
so, anyone here clear the level 3 training with C. Viper? I'm not quite getting this Heavy Kick into Super thing. What's the exact timing for the super? I'm trying to input it as fast as possible when I start the kick, but it never seems to go. Also, should I be doing this with the up close double kick or a step back with the spinning heavy kick? It registers as red on the commands either way, but does it matter for easiness?
level 3 normal, I presume?

if it's a heavy kick, it's probably this:

forward HK is the kick you need. it's the one where she does 2 kicks. the timing for the ultra comes in between the 2 kicks. if she does too kicks, you're already too late.

before she finishes the first kick, the motions for the ultra should have been input.

Narcosis

Dreams-Visions said:
level 3 normal, I presume?

if it's a heavy kick, it's probably this:

forward HK is the kick you need. it's the one where she does 2 kicks. the timing for the ultra comes in between the 2 kicks. if she does too kicks, you're already too late.

before she finishes the first kick, the motions for the ultra should have been input.

Shit, so I just need to install a turbo on my hand :lol

Thanks, I'll try and get that and hope I can move that fast.

MicVlad, sorry I declined your invite. I was playing the survival mode trying to get all of the gold medals. I started playing Survival Hard...

OMG...I made it through 27 opponents on the first challenge...and got killed by Honda. The computer uses focus attacks more and spams moves.

Seth is weaksauce. Go play Gill in TS, Shin Akuma in Alpha2, Akuma in Super Turbo, Neo Dio in WHP, Dio in WH2, Geese in AOF 2, Zero in 2K1, yadda, yadda...

keanerie

Narcosis said:

Put in the two QCFs for the Super, hit HK, then hit your P after that. Sometimes if you hit the P too fast the Super won't connect, but it should work - works for me. Since there's no QCF + K for Viper, it'll just land the kick and then read the P as connecting with the command.

Should be a lot easier than whatever was described above.

Guled

I'm really loving Cammy even tho she has only 2 useful attacks, but I'm having trouble with Blanka. Anyone have anytips to deal with him?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
CalamityDaunt said:
Is there an easier way to connect to player, about 90% of players that i try to connect to fails
Create your own lobby or turn on arcade requests in Arcade mode.

You will get matches within seconds.

CalamityDaunt said:
Is there an easier way to connect to player, about 90% of players that i try to connect to fails
Seriously, I'm hoping a patch is on the way. What is it with companies that can't test their games online before release?

Also, how can I unlock costumes?

keanerie said:
Put in the two QCFs for the Super, hit HK, then hit your P after that. Sometimes if you hit the P too fast the Super won't connect, but it should work - works for me. Since there's no QCF + K for Viper, it'll just land the kick and then read the P as connecting with the command.

Should be a lot easier than whatever was described above.
Or you could do QCF+K QCF+P

Guled

NameGenerated said:
Create your own lobby or turn on arcade requests in Arcade mode.

You will get matches within seconds.
I don't think its even possible to go through arcade with requests on. I had 4 fights before I even was able to start the first match

farnham

Banned
striKeVillain! said:
Seriously, I'm hoping a patch is on the way. What is it with companies that can't test their games online before release?

Also, how can I unlock costumes?
you unlock costumes by buying them from capcom

Top Bottom