• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

TimeKillr

Kildace said:
Still doesn't explain why I didn't unlock (or even face) Akuma when beating the game for the 2nd time with Ken, 4 perfects in 1 round matches and no continues (of course after having unlocked every other additional character) :mad:

Edit : Or it might be that you need to win every match properly and not just time out. I timed out against Seth after a bad SPD beat in a 30 second match.

My guess is you need to unlock everyone except Akuma/Gouken/Seth to fight Akuma or Gouken.

It was kinda dumb for me - I fought Gouken before Akuma (but it didn't unlock him, obviously).

MIMIC

Banned
Just went from a devastating losing streak yesterday to a winning streak today. Hit a new BP high: 2232 :D

And I love how the game rewards you with an Ultra meter for getting your ass kicked. I was getting rocked by a Ryu and I busted out the Ultra when he thought he had me and I KO'd him.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
BitchTits said:
Is it possible to combo Rose's Super into her Ultra? I can get it into a combo j.HP->c.HP->Soul Spiral->Super->Ultra but the Ultra doesn't connect - would look so cool if it did! :D

You can't cancel Supers into Ultras. I'm not sure you can cancel anything into Ultras really. If you could characters would be complete monsters.

_Hey! That move!! How did you do that?

-You mean the Sonic Boom? You know someone else who can do it?
Where is he?? Tell me all that you know!!!

_Do you think I am going to spill my secrets!!!!!
:lol

BitchTits

Kintaro said:
You can't cancel Supers into Ultras. I'm not sure you can cancel anything into Ultras really. If you could characters would be complete monsters.
Awww, no fair. :lol

Just messing around in Training Mode trying different things to see if I can connect anything into her Ultra - or Super which is pretty easy to combo.

Ferrio

Banned
BitchTits said:
Is it possible to combo Rose's Super into her Ultra? I can get it into a combo j.HP->c.HP->Soul Spiral->Super->Ultra but the Ultra doesn't connect - would look so cool if it did! :D

Only way to combo into Rose's ultra is through a FADC combo.

Kintaro said:

Do you have any other good gouken pics for my avvie? I'd love to have a gouken avatar but don't want to copy yours. Thanks.

Kildace

TimeKillr said:
My guess is you need to unlock everyone except Akuma/Gouken/Seth to fight Akuma or Gouken.

It was kinda dumb for me - I fought Gouken before Akuma (but it didn't unlock him, obviously).

But I unlocked them all. I can't see what else it could be.

Kintaro said:
Yeah I think you have to FADC specials or level 3 focus attack crumple to hit confirm most Ultras. I've seen Ultra into Super though ('sup Dhalsim?)

2DMention

Banned
First day playing it w/ my new 360 and I got to Gouken and beat him, but Didn't play through it with Akuma first, so I didn't unlock him.

Just have to unlock him and Seth and I'm set.

Ledsen

_dementia said:
Yeah I think you have to FADC specials or level 3 focus attack crumple to hit confirm most Ultras. I've seen Ultra into Super though ('sup Dhalsim?)

Well Rufus has lk,hk,Ultra.

...it's pretty sweet :D

LiK

Rummy Bunnz said:
Pretty sure I unlocked both with the timer set to 30.

o ok, btw, i need to reword my comment.

i mean i didn't play through all the characters before facing Akuma and Gouken. sorry about that. i unlocked all the 6 guys first. :)

ShinAmano

BitchTits said:
Don't know, but I did Dhalsim's Ultra into Super yesterday...was pretty awesome, but I think would work much better the other way.

Man my execution sucks on the Xbox controller.

Looking at my options, I'm going to pick up the madcatz one as soon as they restock.

This game is anything but a scroto fest in the afternoon hours. You get a nice mix of people, mostly low level scrubs. I played one SRK dude today and got absolutely destroyed by his Abel. I couldn't move.

I might be able to up my game if I had time to practice and access to SRK. IT's ALWAYS down these days.

I heard someone talking earlier about their issues with Guile's sweep. You can block the first hit and focus attack the second for a free combo. It took me a while to figure out "hurr, I bet you can FA that." It took a surprisingly long amount of time to consider that, considering I already saw that you can ultra it too.

Duke Togo

I played a Blanka earlier who had the settings set to 1 round, and 20(?) seconds. He didn't like my headstomp/teleport routine to run down the clock. :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
I heard someone talking earlier about their issues with Guile's sweep. You can block the first hit and focus attack the second for a free combo. It took me a while to figure out "hurr, I bet you can FA that." It took a surprisingly long amount of time to consider that, considering I already saw that you can ultra it too.

Yeah. Guile is my main and sooner or later, someone's gonna take advantage of my constant use of his sweep :lol But I use it so often because a lot of people forget that he sweeps twice.

Duke Togo said:
I played a Blanka earlier who had the settings set to 1 round, and 20(?) seconds. He didn't like my headstomp/teleport routine to run down the clock. :lol
heh, he probably wanted the time over medal or title

I had the time over medal too AFTER I noticed it was a 1 round-only 30 second match
and I went what are these bizarro settings?
but I won
what is up with these weirdos and their settings?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Any tips on how to use the focus attack with Balrog? I can't cancel dash out of it without losing my charge it seems, is that just me or is it not possible?

[Nintex]

My Chun-Li eats Ken/Akuma/Ryu hadouken spammers for breakfest now. I kinda feel sorry for people who're playing on a regular 360 pad, you can just see them messing around. But since my "go easy" approach has resulted in loss after loss I decided to show those cheap ass bastards how it is done.

I have to say that this game smokes Soul Calibur's IV online mode. I haven't had much lag yet and overall the players are quite skilled. I've fought against a few Vega's who mastered the special moves and air grabs and a couple of Cammy's popped up today as well. I've seen one E. Honda so far and he kicked my ass like no other.

Jirotrom said:
quick question... anyone know how to properly go from Balrogs Headbut into his ultra... is there an input shortcut im missing?
charge downback -> upback for headbutt

this retains the back charge to start the Ultra

then you really appreciate a square fucking gate

Ferrio

Banned
Jirotrom said:
quick question... anyone know how to properly go from Balrogs Headbut into his ultra... is there an input shortcut im missing?

Make sure you're doing headbuttbs by Charge DB->UB+Punch. It'll retain your back charge so you can go into the ultra.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Has anyone tried both versions using the analog stick as an input? I can pull off moves about 60% of the time on the X360 but I tend to have trouble with the Specials and the Ultras.

MrOctober

Banned
Just played Corkscrewblow in a bunch of online matches. He's very good, especially with Balrog. I could only beat his Balrog with Zangief and could only beat his Vega with Ken. I tried to never pick the same character twice. My Bison beat up on his Sakura but just about every other combination of characters he came out on top. Nice job dude.

Raw64life

Reached the 2000BP mark, with Zangief pretty much cementing himself as my main at this point. It's fun beating up on shoto scrubs but I don't feel like I'm getting any better as I still can't time some of the more advanced combos to save my life. I'm sure any match now some random scrub will cheeze me to death and I'll lose 500BP.

I also started doing the survival challenges, and wow are they tedious. I also noticed that you can look at your score, which shows all the characters, so I'm figuring part of getting every title/icon in the game is to go through all of these challenges with every single character. No thanks.

Arpharmd B said:
I might be able to up my game if I had time to practice and access to SRK. IT's ALWAYS down these days.
4k users a day will do that to a smaller forum. I really need to get prem so I can bypass that bullshit. I know some of GAF recently registered too, but this is too much! :lol

In related news, Demon Hyo d/ced on Edma online! :lol

Jirotrom

Teknopathetic said:
"then you really appreciate a square fucking gate"

Truth.
Thanks Dementia and ferrio... yea... I actually changed back to a square gate right before getting this game, Octagon gate wasnt working very well in SF2THD for me so I switched back.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Raw64life said:
Reached the 2000BP mark, with Zangief pretty much cementing himself as my main at this point. It's fun beating up on shoto scrubs but I don't feel like I'm getting any better as I still can't time some of the more advanced combos to save my life. I'm sure any match now some random scrub will cheeze me to death and I'll lose 500BP.

Combos are a bonus, but they usually don't win you matches you wouldn't win otherwise.

Then again I'm playing the least combocentric char in the game, except for possibly Claw.

ultim8p00

Banned
I've concluded that the trials are just impossible to do with the 360 controler. Especially those that require you to chain into supers or ultras. Those are just impossible

Gaf, I will be home in about 3 hours-ish, looking for some high-mid level play on PSN. I didn't play at all yesterday (screw work and school :mad:), so I'm hankering for some fighting in the streets. Any characters are welcome -- I use Ken and Guile, and like to think I'm fairly decent (i know that there are DP's other than the fire one, for instance :p). My PSN is Killasasa, add me if you're down. Got about 22 or 23 hundred BP, wanna take a break from ranked for a little while anyway. Put it in the friend req if you want me to use my headset.

I'm tired of getting into matches with people that win big if they beat me, but I gain 10-40 BP only. Yes, I've set it to higher skill, created my own matches, etc. I only play ranked just in case that BP ranking thing for videos is true (If it is, I'm sitting pretty :D).

BTW: Should I commit 40 bucks to a Saturn USB pad from China on Ebay? Playing on a Sixaxis right now.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Jirotrom said:
have you added what all the wake up attacks are... Im not sure balrogs is his headbut.

It is his heabutt. It gets him out of cross up situations and will beat alot of attacks.

SoulFist

In the strategy guide, they talk about Balrog being able to combo into his Ultra from a Headbutt, is this true? I've tried it and it never works for me.

Jirotrom

SoulFist said:
In the strategy guide, they talk about Balrog being able to combo into his Ultra from a Headbutt, is this true? I've tried it and it never works for me.
I've done it a couple times by accident, I just asked this question, when you press up for his headbutt, press UB instead so you can keep charging back.

Ferrio

Banned
SoulFist said:

Yep.

Do headbutt by db->ub+Punch. Then do the kick version of the ultra. Let go of the buttons, let the second hit miss, then hold down the kicks again for the rest of the hits.

Top Bottom