• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jirotrom

need some help... with balrog
going from Focus attack> Dash upper> Super

I can go from focus attack > upper but I can't seem to get the charge I need to pull out the super.

Is there an input shortcut?

iam220

who's up for a player match on psn? I'm halfway between scrub and decent. Got about an hour to duke it out. PSN: iam220.

Anyone?

"need some help... with balrog
going from Focus attack> Dash upper> Super

I can go from focus attack > upper but I can't seem to get the charge I need to pull out the super.

Is there an input shortcut?"

Does that work? Is Dash Upper super cancelable? (I seriously don't know)

If it is, you do the super motion with the dash upper motion. So basically do a super motion, but on the first back -> forward, press k and then do the second back -> forward immediately and press p (or k). You're using the same charge for both.

Arde5643

gutter_trash said:
I actually like fighting Akuma, his low stamina makes his matches quicker
You still main Honda? How are you doing with tough match-ups like Sagat?

Also, is Honda still one of Fei's worst match-ups? I'm trying to main Fei since I gave up on using Fuerte against Fei for now.

I'm having a hard time against E.Honda when I'm using Balrog.

When E.Honda does his dashing headbutt, I block and he lands safely back -- far enough away from a standing heavy punch.

So then I try to catch him with some lunging punches but by the time they come out he's already blocking.

Zeliard

C- Warrior said:

When E.Honda does his dashing headbutt, I block and he lands safely back -- far enough away from a standing heavy punch.

So then I try to catch him with some lunging punches but by the time they come out he's already blocking.

I've only faced like one Honda, but have you tried following up with a buffalo headbutt after blocking?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anyone who wants to play scrubby versions of Dictator, Guile, Claw and whatever other character I decide to main today can hit me up on PSN.

Tag: Novuscaine

Issun23

Quick question: I'll be playing the game online for the first time in a couple of days (improved a bit but still crap overall :lol ) and since I have no headset I was wondering if I could turn off voice chat? Playing on PS3, btw.

Brannon

Today I took some time out to grief some people. I'd purposely find matches that were set at 1 round/30 seconds and pull out my best Cammy.

This is great because they're the type of people who not only spam one move all the time and play keep away, but also try to disconnect. But since Cammy deals damage too fast and covers a lot of distance in no time, it's to late for them to retaliate enough for them to balance the damage, and by the time they think to disconnect, it's too late for that as well.

Got a couple pieces of hate mail for that little stunt.

But that got boring after a while so I went back to normal play and and now hovering at around ~500 BP after being up at around 1500. Eh, what can I say; take from the farmers and give to the ones who actually put up some effort.

Though I must say, during that session of griefing, I may have levelled up in my Cammy skills, because in normal play I was beasting pretty hard, to the point where I'd wait for Akuma to do the punch-punch-kick routine to start up the 1000 DEATHS!!!!!11!!! combo so I could counter with my own ultra. Maybe if the Akuma players would stop doing it from way across the screen... oh well.

Just one more Ultra Finish away from Sunny Daze, right?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Issun23 said:
Quick question: I'll be playing the game online for the first time in a couple of days (improved a bit but still crap overall :lol ) and since I have no headset I was wondering if I could turn off voice chat? Playing on PS3, btw.
go to sound options and turn down voice volume.

Barrett2

Well, just finished an hour and a half of ranked matches. 3-17.

Oh boy... -_-

I can't believe how hard it is to learn a new player. But alas, my Abel training will go on! :D

Raw64life

Anyone know if the difference between just meeting the quota on a survival challenge and beating it entirely makes a difference in terms of what titles/icons you get? The completist in me wants to complete all of them but it's such an incredibly tedious process. The crown logo when you complete it is slightly different from when you just meet the quota but I don't know if that's the only difference or not.

Won

gutter_trash said:
no no! keep at it, but in Training mode instead of trial.
you don't need to learn all the long links for your character, I dont even use the redonculous ones at all

why would I do a LP, LK chains when a MK does more damage and is also cancelable and more reliable with more range (concerning my characters)

seriously, when playing in the heat of a fight and you have an opening, .. will you go fancy and jibby jabber links? or will you go fo the sure guaranteed damage, normal cancel into special pooooff more damage than those jibby jabby lights would offer

No, I really mean the basic stuff. I can do the longer combos and links with most of the chars. It is hard, but with a bit of practice I get them done.

But then I have things like the first cancel with Dhalsim's normal trial 3. (The mk->yoga flame). Can't do it. Or the timing on Gen's Gekiro. Can't even get to his trial stage with the cancels. :(

dorikyasu

had first encounter with dropper (cat5 cable puller?) last night.
I was playing Zangief and just was about to finish his Ken with SPD... then drop.
kinda funny and sad at same time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lawblob said:
Well, just finished an hour and a half of ranked matches. 3-17.

Oh boy... -_-

I can't believe how hard it is to learn a new player. But alas, my Abel training will go on! :D
Were you playing with Akuma?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Zeliard said:
I've only faced like one Honda, but have you tried following up with a buffalo headbutt after blocking?

The fierce headbutt Rog can punish with a dash punch

I think jab and strong are safe.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
hah, playing akuma online is so much fun. Every time I get an ultra charge I throw double jabs all over the place and people start jumping like frogs.

Ferrio

Banned
C- Warrior said:

Pretty sure a Light Rushing Punch will smack him.

Argh, are there any Chun-Li players around who know how to effectively deal with Blanka's Electricity? I can't seem to find a good solution that won't have me take damage as well. He's always been my worst matchup, but it's so much worse this time out.

ultim8p00

Banned
C- Warrior said:
whats a TAP?

Balrog's Turning punch I think

Also, guys is this possible?

Basically, jump in kick, H kick, FA cancel, hold to crumple, then raging demon.

I can't get the last part. Does raging demon connect to crumple or am I just too slow? It seems like it should

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GreyMatter said:
Argh, are there any Chun-Li players around who know how to effectively deal with Blanka's Electricity? I can't seem to find a good solution that won't have me take damage as well. He's always been my worst matchup, but it's so much worse this time out.

low kicks?

Without meter- sweep maybe
with meter, low shorts into EX lightning legs into ultra?

fireball?

ultim8p00 said:
Balrog's Turning punch I think

Also, guys is this possible?

Basically, jump in kick, H kick, FA cancel, hold to crumple, then raging demon.

I can't get the last part. Does raging demon connect to crumple or am I just too slow? It seems like it should

You can do Akuma's Ultra or Super after connecting a focus attack if you buffer it during the dash in.

Stitch

Gold Member
so i've traded in some old stuff at gamestop and it actually was only enough for the normal version but they gave me the collectors edition :D

and i just wanted to tell you that i HATE seth. that's all. ^^ easiest setting my ass...

Zeliard

C- Warrior said:
whats a TAP?

TAP = Turn-Around Punch, one of Rog's best and most valuable moves. You hold on KKK or PPP, and the longer you hold, the more powerful the punch is when you let go.

It has huge range, breaks armor, is invincible on start-up and goes through projectiles. Very useful both as a form of defense and offense, and for catching the opponent by surprise or keeping them guessing.

Top Bottom