• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Xabora

Sectus said:
Anyone here got the SF4 FightPad? How's the d-pad on it? I'm becoming very tempted to get it if it's a quality pad. Not to play SF4 with it (I've got a nice arcade stick for that), but there's a bunch of other 360 games where I'd love to have a good d-pad.
Its bountifully sweet, using bison is tons easier than the 360 stick. :O

Dizzy-4U

decon said:
Any tips on what a Sagat should do vs. a semi good Zangief player? He just walks through my tiger shots and throws me around with his insane range.
According to Justin Wong, all you have to do is standing roundhouse, , even after the first hit of the lariat, the standing roundhouse will hit him. Zangief can't make you whiff the move, he needs to block it.

He explains it in the gootecks podcast HERE

Chorazin

Teknopathetic said:
"and should'nt be"

Err...Akuma has the second worse health and stun in the game. Why shouldn't he run away? Especially, when he has the tools to do so.

I fought a guy Ranked last night who set it to one round (which in of itself is fucking stupid that you can do that) and picked Akuma.

20 seconds later my Balrog was standing over him and my free 50 BP rolled on in. Balrog's damage output it just to much for an Akuma to handle once he's in close.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I guess i must be the only person that dont mind losing online to strangers :lol

I mostly play for fun on live, usually picking characters i dont play much, unless im fighthing against friends or people i know. Now thats different, and i might rage when i lose :D

Barrett2

Sectus said:
Anyone here got the SF4 FightPad? How's the d-pad on it? I'm becoming very tempted to get it if it's a quality pad. Not to play SF4 with it (I've got a nice arcade stick for that), but there's a bunch of other 360 games where I'd love to have a good d-pad.

I got the Fight Pad and Arcade Stick. The fight pad is great, I don't have any complaints. I can't really speak as to its long term quality, but I am sure if you didn't abuse it you won't have any problems. Overall it feels and plays very solid.

For me neither the pad or stick is ideal. I love the big buttons on the stick, but I prefer the 8-way directional pad, and find the joystick itself to be a bitch to control.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Sectus said:

It's excellente once you break it in.

Also works great in N+, Braid, and the sonic ultimate genesis collection

Kandrick said:
I guess i must be the only person that dont mind losing online to strangers

I mostly play for fun on live, usually picking characters i dont play much, unless im fighthing against friends or people i know. Now thats different, and i might rage when i lose

same I rather lose to strangers than people I know, then I do tend to get pissed off

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I guess that's why I don't pick Akuma. My first instinct is to use the airball as a means of pressure to set up some combos... :lol

I am REALLY addicted to this game. I always loved SF but this game is too good. I have logged in a ton of time between arcade,VS, and challenges(21hrs), and I am currently two wins away from my 100 win achievement. I switched from Rufus to Cammy and have been destroying the millions of Kens and Akumas I run into. I just need to practice my Sagat versus Zangief for round two of the Gamestop tournament.

LiK

Kintaro said:
I guess that's why I don't pick Akuma. My first instinct is to use the airball as a means of pressure to set up some combos... :lol

i think i might jump back into using him just to see how well i do. i only really liked using him in the VS games

Threi

notag
LiK said:
most ultras were easy to block online for me. i blocked pretty much every single person's ultra last night. i guess a lot of dudes i played didn't know when to use them.
Abel's crouching FP > ultra ftw

Coverly

Kandrick said:
I guess i must be the only person that dont mind losing online to strangers :lol

I mostly play for fun on live, usually picking characters i dont play much, unless im fighthing against friends or people i know. Now thats different, and i might rage when i lose :D

You're not alone. The other day I lost my first 9 or so matches before I barely won one. But I don't mind, I think it's great playing people much better than myself. For the most part, every stranger I have played has been cordial and I hope that trend continues.

LiK

Coverly said:
You're not alone. The other day I lost my first 9 or so matches before I barely won one. But I don't mind, I think it's great playing people much better than myself. For the most part, every stranger I have played has been cordial and I hope that trend continues.

hehe, i listen to podcasts while i play. it tends to keep me calm and make help me play better. besides, the searching is kinda slow when i was on.

lawblob said:
I only play as Abel. If you have PSN, add me. - lawblob

cool, once i'm ready on the PS3 version. i'll start sending invites.

h3ro

Last night I had a dream that my parts from Lizard Lick came in and I was owning fools left and right with my Tiger Genocide.

I recall even talking smack, at one point yelling "that's right bitch, OCTAGONAL GATE."

This is getting scary now.

Odrion

Banned
Sectus said:
it's much much better than the 360 controller, unfortunately you'll never find one

ever :,D

h3ro said:
Last night I had a dream that my parts from Lizard Lick came in and I was owning fools left and right with my Tiger Genocide.

I recall even talking smack, at one point yelling "that's right bitch, OCTAGONAL GATE."

Building your own stick? ..I would like to build one myself. If you know of any good how-to sites.. point me in the direction. Though, I almost bought a HRAP EX.. missed opportunity.

h3ro said:

Take a break man

Kintaro

h3ro said:

When you start having dreams about Haunts training you in Rocky-like montages, it's time to put the game away. Especially if the dream takes place inside of the game with it's graphics style.

Not that I know anything about this. RS told me about it...

/Zangief Bug eyes.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Haha 2 nights ago I dreamed I was maining Gief and was owning bitches left and right.

I woke up to check my online record and it was just a dream.

Back to Blanka

You know I havnt fallen for any horse armor DLC up until now but this game is raping me.

Premium themes, gamerpics, costumes....Damn

But for 60 bucks the game was cheap anyway imo.

Threi

notag
I have (day)dreams of completely owning people with Abel. I mean like dominating people and becoming tourney-caliber.

In reality I am terrible with everyone and just a little above beginner level with shotos at best.

Barrett2

Kintaro said:
When you start having dreams about Haunts training you in Rocky-like montages, it's time to put the game away. Especially if the dream takes place inside of the game with it's graphics style.

/Zangief Bug eyes.

Haha.. now you have me picturing Haunts banging on my door at 4am, forcing me to carry buckets of water up a mountain slope, and when I ask him how it is supposed to make me a better SF4 player, he just smacks me with a cane, calls me grasshopper, etc.

ChrisGoldstein said:
You know I havnt fallen for any horse armor DLC up until now but this game is raping me.
I bought the DLC this morning, and Abel was looking hotter than ever in his purple unitard.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Anyone think this may break the BP system in the future?

I logged onto another 360 last night through a recovered gamertag and I was surprised to see my BP didn't transfer. I guess this means that BP data is client-side... does that pose a threat to the integrity of the BP system? I mean, there is probably some loser out there mad enough to cheat his way to mad BPz...

h3ro

Assembly Required said:
Building your own stick? ..I would like to build one myself. If you know of any good how-to sites.. point me in the direction. Though, I almost bought a HRAP EX.. missed opportunity.

No way man, I wish I had the skill and time to build a custom. I just have a lowly EX2. I ordered a Sanwa Bat Top and new gate for it and just waiting for them to come in from LL. Gonna take a while since Street Fighter is all cool again and everyone and their Mom is modding sticks and ordering from them. :D

lawblob said:
I bought the DLC this morning, and Abel was looking hotter than ever in his purple unitard.

Ah yes, A.C. Slater, the Abel years...

n3ss

aka acr0nym
gutter_trash said:
I counter select Akuma with my selection of Honda.
teach them a lesson in low stamina characters matching up against high damaging characters.

I need play against you, my Akuma has not faced a E. Honda yet :D

Kintaro

lawblob said:
Haha.. now you have me picturing Haunts banging on my door at 4am, forcing me to carry buckets of water up a mountain slope, and when I ask him how it is supposed to make me a better SF4 player, he just smacks me with a cane, calls me grasshopper, etc.

Haunts is really Pai Mei in disguise. Just stay away from the fish heads Haunts.

Kintaro

jon bones said:

I logged onto another 360 last night through a recovered gamertag and I was surprised to see my BP didn't transfer. I guess this means that BP data is client-side... does that pose a threat to the integrity of the BP system? I mean, there is probably some loser out there mad enough to cheat his way to mad BPz...

If they cheat to mad BPs, they would get exposed when they start getting trounced by those players.

jon bones said:

These people typically get banned from XBL

PhatSaqs

Banned
jon bones said:

BP is saved local? whiskey tango foxtrot....

Barrett2

LiK said:

abel_001_Alternate_Costume.bmp

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just got done playing 15 or so ranked fights. Has anyone else noticed that the percentage of ken/akuma is exponentially higher during the day? Out of my 15 fights, 14 were ken/akuma with 2 ryu and a sagat thrown in for good measure. The other one was a Seth. Either people are sucking more or I am getting better, because I went 13-2 and I'm normally a 1:1 win/loss kinda guy. Finally crossed 1000 BP, woohoo. My kingdom for a stick.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:

/Zangief Bug eyes.

I might have dreamed telling you about this. Scary.

Arde5643

nib95 said:
I agree. They kind of tend to stand at the far end of the arena and just spam the flaming fireball and jump fireball attacks. And that's literally all they'll keep doing until you get in close where they will either heavy slide or Shoryuken.

It's definitely quite a cheap way to play. But that's their choice and their tactic. I personally prefer to get stuck in. Playing cheap sitting back all the time imo is way too un-courageous for my liking. It's not all about just getting a "win" but getting it in style. I feel Akuma players play rather cowardly.
You've just listed how characters with low stamina should play, bub. If you can't deal with it, then either find a counterpick or find out the strategy to beat that.

For the love of god, I main Fuerte, which means I have to run away every time since I don't even have a fireball or shoryuken to chip your health. Playing in style is the last thing on my mind. :lol

Sectus

Odrion said:
it's much much better than the 360 controller, unfortunately you'll never find one

ever :,D
Hmm, I found a store with wireless and wired versions in stock. Are they sold out in many places?

Odrion

Banned
Sectus said:
Hmm, I found a store with wireless and wired versions in stock. Are they sold out in many places?
okay, you'll never find the 360 versions

if you do, buy one. i got mine because some dude at gamestop was kind enough to hold the single one that was shipped and called me

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Sectus said:

Sell them on ebay dude.

I went out yesterday looking for some so I could do the same.

I want to have at least 2 for when my friends come over, I crush them with my gamepad

Top Bottom