• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So what's the word on the sticks? They making more or are they gonna be stuck at $200+/$700(!)+ for a long long time? :\

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ploid 3.0 said:
Whenever I have a good time with a person in SFHD I always message them from the Player Played list. Compliment their skill and such.

Maybe on PS3 it takes more effort? So by the time the person is about to look for your name his rage meter is reset. heh

Not really, but if you're playing a downloadable title like HD Remix, this doesn't apply-- "Players Met" only keeps track of the people you've played in full-on releases. :)

GrayFoxPL

I'm getting confused with gaffers PSN IDs. Sometimes I'm trying to add people already on my friends list. :lol

Add me please ID: GrayFoxPL
I use variety of chars. Apart of cammy, never even picked her.

Also can gaffers who play SFIV on both live and psn rise a hand?

Lyte Edge, you're on both, right? Ferrio?

I wonder how Fersis is doing... :D

Sectus, I watched your vids. Don't want to be scrubby asshole advisor, but one thing I noticed: You keep doing those strings when you got in close: cLK,cLK, fHK and LP,LP,HP... After jump in or getting close try comboing to shryuken from HP, cMP ,cHP. cMK to EX shoryuken is an ideal option as it connects easly. Also Sakuras jumping HK has almost no horizontal range, it's useless unless you're almost right above opponents head or jump in very, very deep, but her jumping MK has lot of range and is ideal cross up.

You're certainly not bad, you have good reflexes from what I saw, there were times you owned MicVlad, great use of ex hadouken. It's just those light,light,hard attempts made for big amount of wasted opportunities.

Over 300 ranked matches and I've gotten two negative messages and a whole lotta ggs. I've sent a lot, too. And had some great player matches with recent players. So I'm very glad the messaging system is in. Though I am almost disappointed by how few angry messages I get. Everyone's been almost too nice so far! It's almost like I'm not on Live.

yeb

_tetsuo_ said:
Look what I found in the closet :D

3310423369_eccaa24c3b.jpg

This guy served me well during the GGXX days. Now I must find a way to make it work with the 360...
Someone else with my stick! :lol Mine's modded with old Happ parts, though.

I'm now up to 3500 BP with Gen. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with shotos, of all things; their cross-up is just obnoxious. He's a lot of fun though, and it seems like I get compliments every night just for playing as him. I've also received one hearty "FUCK YOU" from someone I beat.

MicVlad: sorry if it seemed like I ignored you or anything tonight. I didn't want to drop on the ranked match I was in, and I totally forgot your invite by the time it was over.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I just ordered 2x hori ex2 sticks and a copy of this game.

Was this a good plan? It set me back quite the chunk of change.

MIMIC

Banned
wi@tt said:
Any idea how the loss is decided? Or is it if you draw against a lower BP player you loose points to them?

My opponent lost his BP and he did indeed have more BP than me. Maybe? Can't say for sure.

Out of my 400+ matches, it was my first draw.

Any ideas on a decent starter/intermediate stick guys. I stump up for the TE but i can't get one anywhere (in the UK) even having had it preordered.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:
I wonder how Fersis is doing... :D
Im blown away.
Amazing game,lot of polish,infinte replayability,almost no loading time(Install!!) big roster,sooooooooooooooooo deep.
I played like 3-4 hours,i unlocked Sakura and Dan, completed lots of trials, beated arcade mode like 2 or 3 times... but i havent played online i wont until i unlock every character :D

Before i bought the game i was thinking on maining :Ken,'Red Cyclone',Abel,El Fuerte,Claw... yeah... those are a lot of characters and the game is so deep , i think im only gonna choose 2. :D

And im a little ashamed of this: im playing with the PS3 offline so i dont get invites to play online :lol
So yeah,im doing well.:lol

EDIT: Also... what the hell is that Sagat fake kick??? I cant do it!!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
CalamityDaunt said:
Any ideas on a decent starter/intermediate stick guys. I stump up for the TE but i can't get one anywhere (in the UK) even having had it preordered.

I bit the bullet and got 2x hori EX2 sticks and a copy of this game. they on the way now and will get some playtime with em tmrw. Will post impressions. The pricetag was more agreable than other sticks and the reviews seem like they are decent.

Most logical solution is no one loses BP. Or at least no one gains! It was a draw! No one should benefit! I only lost 10bp the one time it happened but it was still annoying.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
wi@tt said:
HK>HK really really fast is the only way I've been able to do it
Really fast like E.Honda's Hundred Hand Slap ?

Im gonna search youtube for Sagat fake kick :lol

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Im blown away.
Amazing game,lot of polish,infinte replayability,almost no loading time(Install!!) big roster,sooooooooooooooooo deep.
I played like 3-4 hours,i unlocked Sakura and Dan, completed lots of trials, beated arcade mode like 2 or 3 times... but i havent played online i wont until i unlock every character :D

Before i bought the game i was thinking on maining :Ken,'Red Cyclone',Abel,El Fuerte,Claw... yeah... those are a lot of characters and the game is so deep , i think im only gonna choose 2. :D

And im a little ashamed of this: im playing with the PS3 offline so i dont get invites to play online :lol
So yeah,im doing well.:lol

EDIT: Also... what the hell is that Sagat fake kick??? I cant do it!!

Yeah it's great! :D Just a word of advice. It's a hard drug, after a week I'm feeling totally worn out physically I'm starting to get health trouble. So yesterday I did as you, played offline mostly, so you're not alone! :lol

You did lot of shit for a 3-4 hours of playtime I'm starting to vary you...

If you'll get trouble finding online matches put Fight Req to on and go on playing arcade. You wont get: "unable to connect" messages as opponents are the ones trying to connect to you. It's lot easier this way.

Don't wait with getting online. The longer you wait the better competition becomes. Right now there are lot of easy matches as everyone is learning.

Fersis

GrayFoxPL said:
Yeah it's great! :D Just a word of advice. It's a hard drug, after a week I'm feeling totally worn out physically I'm starting to get health trouble. So yesterday I did as you, played offline mostly, so you're not alone! :lol

You did lot of shit for a 3-4 hours of playtime I'm starting to vary you...

If you'll get trouble finding online matches put Fight Req to on and go on playing arcade. You wont get: "unable to connect" messages as opponents are the ones trying to connect to you. It's lot easier this way.

Don't wait with getting online. The longer you wait the better competition becomes. Right now there are lot of easy matches as everyone is learning.
Good to know :lol
Maybe we can play today or this weekend.. tough we have to 'calculate' when.. since Poland is a little far from Argentina :lol
Cheers

Fersis said:
Really fast like E.Honda's Hundred Hand Slap ?

Im gonna search youtube for Sagat fake kick :lol

You have to hit HK twice withing like 1/20th of a second. it's ridiculous and almost impossible using the default controls on a 360 pad.

The best way to do it is to change the controls so that two or more of the face buttons are HK, then just mash away at the buttons like a maniac. :lol

MicVlaD said:

That isn't a sure-fire way to counter that particular teleport combo, however. There are multiple ways to avoid being hit by that when your opponent tries to adapt to it, if Dhalsim is not that high off the ground after he reaches the other side. First off: after the heavy punch has been absorbed, Dhalsim can still use his light or medium slide tackle to quickly hit that Focus Attack a second time. Dhalsim's headbutt also works if he's close enough, but then he might as well just grab the player instead. And if you really want to be a jerk: Dhalsim can do a Focus Attack of his own after the Heavy Punch has been absorbed, or do a light Yoga Flame to break that armor. Another teleport is also an option, of course.

Well, I guess. Maybe people should do what I'm doing considering I usually beat your Dhalsim 75% of the time. Unfortunately neither of us have recording stuff :(

wi@tt

Ninja Kn1ght said:
You have to hit HK twice withing like 1/20th of a second. it's ridiculous and almost impossible using the default controls on a 360 pad.

The best way to do it is to change the controls so that two or more of the face buttons are HK, then just mash away at the buttons like a maniac. :lol

Would alternating HK & 3xK work?

Ledsen

Zeliard said:
Yep. When there's no winning or potential losing of BP involved, people tend to be a lot more relaxed, especially since the overall win-loss ratio is also hidden. I still maintain that the latter has been and will continue to be huge for SFIV's online play.

No it isn't?

edit: ooooh I see, you're saying it's hidden from other players. Right.

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Good to know :lol
Maybe we can play today or this weekend.. tough we have to 'calculate' when.. since Poland is a little far from Argentina :lol
Cheers

Oh right, I forgot :lol.

Just checked time Warsaw-Buenos Aries. It's 12.15 pm here and you should have 9.15 AM. So 3 hours. Not so bad!

Unfun random fact: While checking the time I just realised that today isn't FRIDAY! And I'm screwing around at my job! Shit! And I wondered: "Why the hell the PS Store thread isn't updated yet?!". o_O

Man fuck -- I lost 500 BP today. I don't get it.

I do well against many GAFFers here (usually winning the match series) -- McVlad for example, I think he'd agree I was doing well against him -- but I just lost to a fuckin RYU on ranked, and I was boxer.

If my crouching light, light, medium punch to lunging punch doesn't link right everything goes to shit. I think I'm just going to edit the two lights out, the medium to charged punch link is pretty easy.

TimeKillr

MIMIC said:
FYI:

In a match that is ruled as a draw, somebody WILL lose BP.

If BP works like I think it does, it's something like an ELO calculation, where there's this thing called an Expected Result (which is a calculation done using both player's BP as a basis for skill).

When there's a draw, the formula says it's a half-win, half-loss for both players, so the player who has the most BP, who was expected to win, will lose BP simply because he was expected to win.

Man I just ran into the same Vega three times in ranked. We had some good fights, one win apiece. During the third I was down 0-2 and only had a tiny sliver of health left. We're on opposite sides of the stage. He taunts. I taunt back. Then we get disconnected! It was terrible I was freaking out. I don't wanna get a rep as a dropper :(

Is there a way to drop without turning off your system or exiting to the dash? I ask because it would be easier to identify droppers if there isn't. I've only had like 3 ragequitters so I've been lucky so far.

wi@tt

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I haven't tried it but I don't think it would. I'd imaging 3xK wouldn't be registered as a HK properly for the move to come off.

Just thought of it because every time I mistakenly hit the 3K button my characters do HK attacks.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Got mine yesterday(360). It's a good game. I'm still partial to 3s at the moment but that'll probably change.

Got a couple questions:

1)Am I correct in assuming this does not use ggpo netcode? If so, is there a slight chance Capcom will use it for the PC version, given it's being released later on?

2)What's a good youtube channel for some SFIV matches?

again, anybody else experiencing this?

so sometimes when im host, some people are leaving on char-select after i've chosen mine.

is that some latency issue or are they just disconnecting because they dont want to fight this particular one?

CPS2

isamu said:
Got mine yesterday(360). It's a good game. I'm still partial to 3s at the moment but that'll probably change.

Got a couple questions:

1)Am I correct in assuming this does not use ggpo netcode? If so, is there a slight chance Capcom will use it for the PC version, given it's being released later on?

2)What's a good youtube channel for some SFIV matches?

That's correct it doesn't use GGPO. I'm hoping the PC version will, or at least be optimised and show lobbies, pings, etc and allow spectator support like GGPO. Someone might whip up a homebrew hack if all else fails...

Check arcadeinfinity for the socal matches, Japanese matches can be found on hardedgeofficial and lordaborigine, and darksydephil even has a few matches up now with hilarious commentary =P

Augemitbutter said:

so sometimes when im host, some people are leaving on char-select after i've chosen mine.

is that some latency issue or are they just disconnecting because they dont want to fight this particular one?

I do this ocassionally if I can feel input lag on the character select screen.

Barrett2

Got my first angry message last night, some dude called me a bitch. Strange, considering he beat me and I am not a spammer. Part of the reason I suck ATM is because I am trying to develop a respectable, varied game. You would think people would respect that, I feel like I am providing a community service by picking Abel and using a full array of moves. :lol

Fersis

GrayFoxPL said:
Oh right, I forgot :lol.

Just checked time Warsaw-Buenos Aries. It's 12.15 pm here and you should have 9.15 AM. So 3 hours. Not so bad!

Unfun random fact: While checking the time I just realised that today isn't FRIDAY! And I'm screwing around at my job! Shit! And I wondered: "Why the hell the PS Store thread isn't updated yet?!". o_O
Unfun Random Fact: Im having an awful day, a finance lady yelled at me because i didnt want to anwser the phone. :(
I responded that i dont like to use phones so thats why i didnt answered ... and she got mad. Im an idiot :( (I want to go home)

Thread is quite large to dig through but how is the net code in this game? compared to HDremix which I found 99% flawless and it felt great.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Fersis said:
Unfun Random Fact: Im having an awful day, a finance lady yelled at me because i didnt want to anwser the phone. :(
I responded that i dont like to use phones so thats why i didnt answered ... and she got mad. Im an idiot :( (I want to go home)

Damn, son, you answer that phone when it rings, what if it's Blanka calling asking where his Mom is?

Seriously, you don't want that guy parking his whale in your parking lot.

MAMA!

GrayFoxPL

lawblob said:
Got my first angry message last night, some dude called me a bitch. Strange, considering he beat me and I am not a spammer. Part of the reason I suck ATM is because I am trying to develop a respectable, varied game. You would think people would respect that, I feel like I am providing a community service by picking Abel and using a full array of moves. :lol

Don't try to understand duches and idiots. Not worth a mere thought!

I'd be happy to play vs you. Later today maybe? I'll sent you an invite.

Feel free to destroy me as Abel as I need to learn him too.

I've learned something interesting in Abel vs Gief. Ex 360+K catches Able's rolls! :lol
Thats how Gief player beat me, I was impressed. :) Also simultanous command throws = piledriver wins. :(

Augemitbutter said:

Happened to me mate, if i pick Cammy who i'm trying to make my main it seems fine. As soon as i pick Ryu who i'm better with random disconnects all the place :lol

lawblob said:

I don't see what people have against spammers anyway. Find a way around and punish that shit :D Thats what im trying to learn to do. EX hooligan ftmfw!

GrayFoxPL

Diablohead said:
Thread is quite large to dig through but how is the net code in this game? compared to HDremix which I found 99% flawless and it felt great.

From my experience it's a lot better. I didn't think I'd live to see the day when I forget I'm playing someone online. It's funny, at worst connection it feels like SC4 on best connection! :lol

The only thing worse then HD remix is that I get lot more "unable to connect" messages when trying to find a match, but it doesn't dissconnect mid match, so it's all nice.

Fersis

McBradders said:
Damn, son, you answer that phone when it rings, what if it's Blanka calling asking where his Mom is?

Seriously, you don't want that guy parking his whale in your parking lot.

MAMA!
:lol
But yeah,sometimes i want to kick myself. (maybe a TATSUMAKI SENPUUKYAKU? :D )

Top Bottom