• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

iam220

diffusionx said:
I wish it were so, for me, but I'm not that good yet.

I'm not that good either, but it seems as though the vast majority those that have not yet installed the game are really scrubby. The option is kind of hidden but most decent players browse SF related forums, faqs, etc and learn about it there.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
~Devil Trigger~ said:
dashing and turn punch?
does his dash go under a high tiger? I can't really get dashes down since I'm too caught up with keeping a charge...

Gino

I haven't played this online yet but from the sounds of it I might not even want to try. I use Cammy and Chun-Li mostly and would probably have problems with all the ken and ryu users...

Also I don't really do any canceling yet because that shit is complicated.

LiK

Crateman said:
I <3 Gouken

yea, i'm starting to like using Gouken now. one question tho, once i use his hurricane kick and i miss, he kinda floats there going down slowly which makes him an easy target. any idea how i can escape outta that quickly? no air blocking hurts. ;_;

Gino said:
I haven't played this online yet but from the sounds of it I might not even want to try. I use Cammy and Chun-Li mostly and would probably have problems with all the ken and ryu users...

Also I don't really do any canceling yet because that shit is complicated.
Don't be so intimidated, there are players of all skill levels playing this online, and Cammy and Chun have tools to get around fireballs and such (Cammy's spin knuckle and Chun's arcing kick).

2DMention

Banned
Played a little with Zangief to unlock seth, and he's much easier to use than previous games. I could pull of spinning piledrivers with ease, and I usually can't.

Unlocked Gouken and he's a beast. Love his supers. His Ex fireball is pretty nasty and will hit you unless you block.

Crateman

LiK said:
yea, i'm starting to like using Gouken now. one question tho, once i use his hurricane kick and i miss, he kinda floats there going down slowly which makes him an easy target. any idea how i can escape outta that quickly? no air blocking hurts. ;_;
Yeah... basically, if you fail, you are a sitting duck for quite a while.

I just stick to use the hurricane kick for anti-air or chaining it after a back throw.

iam220

haunts said:
Dont mean to spam but since this thread is still nuts I wanted to repost the Sagat video I put together for 1up...check it out! :D

Sagat Combo Video

Wow, nice have to try some of that. thanks!

My most used combo is jump in medium kick, low medium kick, cancel to tiger knee, and if you time it correctly you can cancel the tiger knee into a super and have it connect.

CPS2

haunts said:
hahahahaha! I deeeeed it!

I put the cat on the grill see?
718smiley.jpg

LiK

Crateman said:
Yeah... basically, if you fail, you are a sitting duck for quite a while.

I just stick to use the hurricane kick for anti-air or chaining it after a back throw.

darn, guess i'll save that when i get my opponent into a corner.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Brobzoid said:
does his dash go under a high tiger? I can't really get dashes down since I'm too caught up with keeping a charge...

well dash to close the gap i lil bit.

i dont use em much but some of his Command Punches go right through projectiles. Test to see if its LP,MP,FP or ex(i think ex is definite). The Turn punch dodges everything from my experience.

I'm a bit torn between continuing my practices with the DS3 pad or just waiting for the Hori Fighting Stick 3 that I just ordered...

Ah well. I know I'm gonna play later today regardless.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
any ETA on Viper ? :(

Viper is done but I may record some more combos that I forgot.. probably wont be up today... Viper video is cool though.. :D

Threi said:
sweeet.

Do you have any anti-air tips in the vid?

Nah.. he doesnt really have any anti air options.. roll out da way..?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
shuri said:
I love the idiots who complain about people using ken all the time. Where you guys even around back in the sf2 arcade days where it was exactly like that? It's like you guys try too hard to be cool to hate on shotokans when there are like 5 of them in the roaster.

Ken And Ryu are the most iconic and popular fighters in the franchise, and they happen to be easy to learn so they are going to be the most used.

If you like to pretend that you are so hardcore and deep in the scene, you will have no problem at all destroying those 'fireball spammers' in two quicks 15 seconds rounds and move on to someone else

So many poseurs in here, I feel like at a Radiohead concert.

disclaimer: i hit random select on every match.

Speak for yourself, back in my Arcade in Spain people were nuts for Dhalsim and Guile for some reason :p

Skilletor

LiK said:

You wouldn't be able to air block on the recovery of a move anyway. Either make sure it's going to hit by through a combo or fadc it. :D

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
shuri said:
I love the idiots who complain about people using ken all the time. Where you guys even around back in the sf2 arcade days where it was exactly like that? It's like you guys try too hard to be cool to hate on shotokans when there are like 5 of them in the roaster.

Ken And Ryu are the most iconic and popular fighters in the franchise, and they happen to be easy to learn so they are going to be the most used.

If you like to pretend that you are so hardcore and deep in the scene, you will have no problem at all destroying those 'fireball spammers' in two quicks 15 seconds rounds and move on to someone else

So many poseurs in here, I feel like at a Radiohead concert.

disclaimer: i hit random select on every match.

These statements so close together made me laugh and for that I thank you.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
~Devil Trigger~ said:
well dash to close the gap i lil bit.

i dont use em much but some of his Command Punches go right through projectiles. Test to see if its LP,MP,FP or ex(i think ex is definite). The Turn punch dodges everything from my experience.
once I get in I don't have too many issues. The ultra has a crouch dash at the start that goes under projectiles, so it's great for mid distance because people aren't expecting it, but you can't use it to close in from far away. I try to use the Ex punches to close through projectiles, but Sagat can rip out two really fast, which fucks me up. I'll try to use more dashes and TAPs though.

CPS2

Focus attack > back dash. Fairly safe option for every character to avoid jump in attacks. Or jump straight up and kick if you can anticipate it.

Router said:
HELL YES.

It's gotta be coming with DLC. I remember Ono talking about how he loved the grassy field in the opening fight in SF the animated Movie. Thats all I want really... The chance to playout Ryu vs Sagat on that stormy, grassy field.
29m0dvp.gif

Please.

Threi

notag
man i really want a rotating SF quackerjack avatar...but all i have is guile and i suck with teh photoshop...

anyone willing to help? Please?

Ugh, got my ass beat last night by rushdown Cammys; looks like this thread put the word out that Cammy is the shit :(

What can I do to keep the rushdown pressure off and take her down? Spiral Arrow into Cannon Spike seems to work with the same uberquickness/priority it had in CVS2. Bonus points if there are ways I can do this with say, a Blanka.

ShinAmano

I fought a Cammy last night that kept screaming 'Hadouken' every time he did the Focus Attack...had to beat that ass...so annoying. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I fought a guy who was using a Kindergarten Cop soundboard :lol

Anyway, captmcblack, block low. A lot. Spiral arrow isn't safe. Hooligan throw also doesn't work on crouching opponents in this iteration.

Threi

notag
you actually get people who talk in ranked matches?

99% of mine have always been silent (which i guess is a good thing :lol)

Im not really the shit-talking type anyways so it doesn't matter.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ShinAmano said:
I fought a Cammy last night that kept screaming 'Hadouken' every time he did the Focus Attack...had to beat that ass...so annoying. :lol

I never run into people like this.. I guess weirdos like this are only in player matches?

Cammys I played would drop in with a diving kick ala SF3 Yun/Yang or SF4 Rufus, and cannon spike or spiral arrow with impunity. If I tried to turtle to charge Blanka Balls or block high to stop any impending dive kicks, I'd get Frankensteinered. Haven't figured out moves that I can stuff her in the air with, either. Blanka's j.MK doesn't cut it :-x

[EDIT: Block low to stop Cammy from getting in - okay, I'll give that a try!]

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Cannon Spike is the new Shoryuken...or something. Faced a ton of Cammy's which helped my Fuerte game against them.

ShinAmano

haunts said:
I never run into people like this.. I guess weirdos like this are only in player matches?
Totally ranked...player matches I reserve for friends list...

Last night was fun...had him and then the guy with all his friends who was talking shit until I FA->Supered him FTW and asked how he felt getting schooled infront of his friends (they were dying in the BG)...:lol

Top Bottom