• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Barrett2

captmcblack said:
Also, someone's gotta invent like...a joystick training regimen or something. I hate knowing when to react, and what to react with, but not being able to to react because my execution is poor :(

THIS THIS THIS!

I can't tell you how many rounds I lost because I didn't input precise movement in the joystick. Countless times my attempted Wheel Kick turned into a crouching air kick, COD turned into a jab, Marseilles Roll turned into a sweep, etc. -_-

LiK

lawblob said:
THIS THIS THIS!

I can't tell you how many rounds I lost because I didn't input precise movement in the joystick. Countless times my attempted Wheel Kick turned into a crouching air kick, COD turned into a jab, Marseilles Roll turned into a sweep, etc. -_-

do they have such tutorial in SRK forums?

Barrett2

LiK said:
do they have such tutorial in SRK forums?

Not sure, I should check. I should probably just go old school, start with training each time I play and force myself to do a move or combo perfectly 10 times before moving on; like a coach that won't let you leave practice til you hit 10 free throws in a row.

Biff Hardbody said:
Don't give up with Sim. I was experiencing the same problems as you. I couldn't time his anti airs at all. But, I went into training mode and had the dummy do nothing but jumping roundhouse, sweep, dragon punch. I got the timing of his anti airs (B-HK and sometimes B-MP). Really this is the most important thing with him imo.

From there get good at throwing in his jumping fierce as an anti air.

Then work on your teleport. You'll hit it after awhile. Then you can start doing the air teleport, HP and throw in crouching medium dash kick and throws. Then you can work on stuff like dashing with yoga fire and yoga towers, working on his various pokes.

The thing about Sim is he doesn't take damage well and can get wrecked by anything if it hits him. So, you feel like you suck if you get hit by a basic jumping combo. You don't. You just have to realize Sim is fragile and you gotta have good timing and it'll take some time. When you do, its a lot easier to learn with him.
Bleh.

Guess Ill stick to it. I may go back to a pad though.. I just feel a tad inconsistent with the arcade stick .. but I should force myself to be 100% with the arcade stick instead of 80%.

Does anyone uses the Yoga Teleport with 3 Kicks? I just don't know if their is any use.. wouldn't you always want to go behind your opponent and cross them up?

EDIT: By the way.. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

xero273 said:
I'm pretty sure this has already been posted but for those that don't know this is the official way from Capcom on how to get akuma and gouken.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/..._real_story_on_how_to_unlock_akuma_and_gouken
None of the explainations I've seen so far make any sense since I followed the directions there and kept getting Akuma every time but thn I picked Rose, got 0 perfects but ultra'd everyone but 1 Character and got Gouken. I swear it has something to do with your score depending on how many rounds you're playing and nothing else.

xero273

For challenge mode, what does a gold medal look like?

I am doing the time attacks and I have a bunch of red crowns and one silver crown. I am guessing the red crown is the gold medal

Man I had 0 issues with unlocking Gouken. I just followed the directions on the OP of the thread during the week of the JP launch and I unlocked him on the first try.

TimeKillr

captmcblack said:
What the fuck, he is doing the diving kick thingy without even getting off the ground to start his chains :-x

I'll explain.

I can do this on a pad, so it definitely doesn't require a stick :)

It's basically an instant air dive kick. The motion for it is qcb+k on a forward jump.

For it to work, you need to do the following motion:

d -> db -> b -> uf+k

So you buffer the move, on the ground, and after you've pressed up forward you hit kick. Many fighting games offer a LOT of leeway when doing moves and adding an extra directional input at the tail end of a move still works, so this is why this works in particular.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Does anyone uses the Yoga Teleport with 3 Kicks? I just don't know if their is any use.. wouldn't you always want to go behind your opponent and cross them up?

EDIT: By the way.. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
the 3K teleport is very useful for
A) not letting your opponent assume you will always show in the same spot every teleport (mixing up your teleports is super important)
B) in the air to avoid fireballs that would hit you on your way down from a jump (the teleport adds to your hangtime)
C) getting out of some pressure
D) etc etc

its really important to use both teleports with sim. if you youtube search for japan nationals you will see an amazing dhalsim player using teleports to murder fools.

edit: here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_egnZ9G4Y

xero273 said:
For challenge mode, what does a gold medal look like?

I am doing the time attacks and I have a bunch of red crowns and one silver crown. I am guessing the red crown is the gold medal

the bronze and silver ones are pretty easy to identify. The gold one is gold and red and bigger than the other two.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
lawblob said:
Not sure, I should check. I should probably just go old school, start with training each time I play and force myself to do a move or combo perfectly 10 times before moving on; like a coach that won't let you leave practice til you hit 10 free throws in a row.
I tried this. But 20 minutes in training mode seems like forever. :lol

Cromulent_Word said:
the 3K teleport is very useful for
A) not letting your opponent assume you will always show in the same spot every teleport (mixing up your teleports is super important)
B) in the air to avoid fireballs that would hit you on your way down from a jump (the teleport adds to your hangtime)
C) getting out of some pressure
D) etc etc

its really important to use both teleports with sim. if you youtube search for japan nationals you will see an amazing dhalsim player using teleports to murder fools.

edit: here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_egnZ9G4Y
But if I need to add hang time then I can also use 3P and go backwards if needed if I'm already a screen distance away.

Is the instant air teleport easily counterable? I thought it was just blockable but they couldn't get a hit in fast enough.

Rose................is....................worthless

aside from her awesome ultra, she just gets the shit kicked out of her. It would take weeks of dedication to get anywhere near good with her. Hell, I can't even complete her normal combo trial number 4 (cancel heavy kick into light soul fireball).

yes im frustrated right now......

aside from her awesome ultra, she just gets the shit kicked out of her. It would take weeks of dedication to get anywhere near good with her. Hell, I can't even complete her normal combo trial number 4 (cancel heavy kick into light soul fireball).

I've played a few good roses that don't use any real complicated tactics. I've been beaten by a couple, even without the ultra. I don't see how trials have any relevance in being competitive with her.

Watch PhatSaqs play.. He has YouTubes up under the same name. He has a great Rose.

ShinAmano

So wrong...I terrorize Xbox live with her.

TurtleSnatcher said:
But if I need to add hang time then I can also use 3P and go backwards if needed if I'm already a screen distance away.

Is the instant air teleport easily counterable? I thought it was just blockable but they couldn't get a hit in fast enough.
Here's where each button/motion will put you....
* Shoryuken motion with 3x punch: Behind your opponent
* Reverse Shoryuken motion with 3x punch: Mid-screen teleport in front of opponent
* Shoryuken motion with 3x kick: Right in front of opponent
* Reverse Shoryuken motion with 3x kick: Full-screen teleport in front of opponent

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME

You, sir, are mistaken!

just play sagat lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am pretty much at the point of waiting until more of these arcade sticks come out before I put any more time into this game. I am either completely missing the boat when it comes to timing or I need a better controller or a little bit of both. The analog stick on the X360 controller is about 50-60% reliable when it comes to executing the moves and I simply connot be competitive online in the long run if that is the case. Which is truly frustrating because I really do like this game.

*shakes fist at MadCATz and Hori for poor distribution of their products*

Cromulent_Word said:
Here's where each button/motion will put you....
* Shoryuken motion with 3x punch: Behind your opponent
* Reverse Shoryuken motion with 3x punch: Mid-screen teleport in front of opponent
* Shoryuken motion with 3x kick: Right in front of opponent
* Reverse Shoryuken motion with 3x kick: Full-screen teleport in front of opponent
So wait.. the last two do the same thing?

Confuzzled.

Full Screen? What will the Shoryuken + 3k get you to if you were a full screen away.. and then what will a Reverse Shoryuken + 3k get you too?

They both sound the same.

BitchTits

No way! Rose is my #1 ATM. Her and Abel are my main shoto-killers, and Cammy too who I have trouble with a lot of other characters, I can pretty much always win Rose vs Cammy.

It's not fool-proof, but if you're good at pre-empting jump ins, her soul throw is great and makes jump happy shotos think otherwise (they usually then switch to staying back with fireballs).

Her soul reflect can also be put on the end of a simple combo (like j.HP, c.HP, Soul Reflect) to throw opponents away. Her Super is also good since it can be cancelled from her fireball, but yeah I rely on her Ultra more which is just awesome, again on opponents jumping in too - it looks like won't work at all they're too close, but goes into the animation - I can imagine them cursing the screen! :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
_dementia said:
Can you blame them for the oversight? A week and a half ago fighting games were niche.
True. But the percentage of preorders unfulfilled is on the order of 60-70% at most places. I would think they would have been getting some kind of reports back from the retailers informing them of this before launch.

_dementia said:
Can you blame them for the oversight? A week and a half ago fighting games were niche.
A week and a half before the game most retailers hit their preorder limits and stopped taking preorders.

Those predetermined preorder numbers are both discussed by MadCatz and the retailer with MadCatz guaranteeing they can get them to the retailer on time. They failed on their promise and really screwed up and misguided every retailer that carries these products and took preorders.

Its a really bad fumble by MadCatz but they will get everything fulfilled so I'm not too worried (I'm also not worried since I do have my TE Stick :p)

Sectus

Color 10 is awesome for Cammy and Sakura outfit DLC. Color 10 for Cammy makes her look like a fancy elite soldier (black uniform with gold and red details), without pants of course. Color 10 for Sakura simply removes her training uniform so she's only wearing her t-shirt and panties.

ShinAmano

Madcatz needs to hurry up with getting out more pads as well...there are at least 4 people I know that wish to own one...the more time that ticks off the clock the more likely people are to move on.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
i'm cursed. remember my story about getting constant DRE's both running of the disc and installed right? well i turn on the game today because i want to do a quick match and i get greeted with:

'no save data found, would you like to create a file'

WTF

this game hates me

OK, Rose isn't worthless. I was just very, very frustrated earlier this morning after *repeatedly* getting my ass handed to me.

It just seems like I have to work 2x as hard as the other player to get a win with her.

My problem I suppose is that I have not figured out her close-combat strengths and weaknesses yet, outside of her awesome kicks. If I'm full-on rushed I don't feel like I have many options and most people this morning seemed to sense that. Her fireball is not good enough to zone very well either, so getting in on me isn't too hard despite my attempts to dash away and use other shenadigans. :(

I'll keep working on it, but it is very frustrating.

I don't see many Roses in rotation so I thought I'd use her as a secondary to my Blanka (yes, I need to change that damned Ken avatar) to make ranked more interesting and varied for others.

Played a freaking krazy good dan player which absolutely stuck to me like glue and Rose had no seeming answer to the onslaught. Yes..........I said Dan. This guy was facking awesome.

MoxManiac

Summoning Ferrio and Teknopathetic!

Played a freaking krazy good dan player which absolutely stuck to me like glue and Rose had no seeming answer to the onslaught. Yes..........I said Dan. This guy was facking awesome.
Last Sunday i had a local match with a friend who yellow bar'd my Rose with his Dan in round 1.
I won the subsequent two rounds but yeah, I'll never live it down.

Jirotrom

OK, Rose isn't worthless. I was just very, very frustrated earlier this morning after *repeatedly* getting my ass handed to me.

It just seems like I have to work 2x as hard as the other player to get a win with her.

My problem I suppose is that I have not figured out her close-combat strengths and weaknesses yet, outside of her awesome kicks. If I'm full-on rushed I don't feel like I have many options and most people this morning seemed to sense that. Her fireball is not good enough to zone very well either, so getting in on me isn't too hard despite my attempts to dash away and use other shenadigans. :(

I'll keep working on it, but it is very frustrating.

I don't see many Roses in rotation so I thought I'd use her as a secondary to my Blanka (yes, I need to change that damned Ken avatar) to make ranked more interesting and varied for others.

nah.... shes worthless:p

Top Bottom