• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Any tips on connecting Abel's HCF+P tornado throw? I read it had good priority, but I guess I'm having trouble with the distance because I always whiff it.

Well, that brings up discussion about rules and dates. Sometime early march? Double/single elim? Best of 3 (games)? Prepicked characters or do we allow swapping? Should it be a recurring dealio like ranking battles or just a one shot just to see the turnout? etc.

Just suffered through about 10-20 ranked matches with me getting my ass beat. 0BP!

I thought that I at least would be sufficient with Sakura by now, that was not the case.

poserdonut said:
Just suffered through about 10-20 ranked matches with me getting my ass beat. 0BP!

I thought that I at least would be sufficient with Sakura by now, that was not the case.
patience... Rome wasn't built in a day.

tbh I'm kinda discouraged with Viper myself.

LiK

i'm 50% with Gouken mainly because i was figuring out his timing between EX moves. i played some practice and challenge modes last night. hopefully, i can get more wins under my belt with him now that i understand him a lil more. i really like his speed and power. and i really like using my Ultras against dudes online, it never gets old. i love timing it against the aggressive players. :D

Teknopathetic said:
Well, that brings up discussion about rules and dates. Sometime early march? Double/single elim? Best of 3 (games)? Prepicked characters or do we allow swapping? Should it be a recurring dealio like ranking battles or just a one shot just to see the turnout? etc.
Well date we can set whenever we have enough participants that sign up or we can cut it off at a specific amount.

Then we give everyone a day or two to coordinate times to play up. Players responsibilty in keeping up with the thread and seeing who their matchup is. If they don't then the person gets a bye.

As for rules..

That will have to be a consensus. Personally I'm always up for double elim. 6 Round games (3 rounds to win) and I think we should set up pre-picked characters. (Maybe 1 backup but limit it to that and must be stated in thread).

I wouldn't mind a reoccurring with ranking.. But first time would be nice to see a turnout.. I bet it will be good with how this thread has been.

TimeKillr

omgimaninja said:
Any tips on connecting Abel's HCF+P tornado throw? I read it had good priority, but I guess I'm having trouble with the distance because I always whiff it.

It has just slightly less range than Gief's SPD (iirc).

Just do it up close. It has VERY good priority (jab Tornado Throw beats EX SPD!).

Ferrio

Banned
omgimaninja said:

Currently trying to work on that myself.

Only one I'm sort of good at doing is F+MK->Dash->Throw.

Other stuff I"m working on:

-After a well timed roll. (Trying to work on blocked sweep->roll->throw to see if that works).
-After air hits
-Character wake ups
-

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
TurtleSnatcher said:
I mean its been 2 weeks.. I think we are ready for one at least!

I'd love to have some frequent tournaments and wouldn't mind coordinating everything..

Anyone up for it? I'd probably host the XBLive one and have brackets etc similar to how the SF2THDR tournament went..

I can probably do a PSN one as well.. I just won't compete in that one :)

Anyone interested?

I am interested in losing very, very badly!

Couldn't you set the thread up in online matchups rather than it all getting lost in here?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Jirotrom said:
Yes. Hold db, then do uf for the flash kick and then quickly press db and uf again for the super. The easiest way to do it is to do the super with that motion and double tap the kick button.

McBradders said:
I am interested in losing very, very badly!

Couldn't you set the thread up in online matchups rather than it all getting lost in here?
Right now I'm trying to see if people are interested.. as opposed to doing it and then no one signing up because I didn't gauge the waters and making myself look like the biggest fool ever! :lol

McBradders

TurtleSnatcher said:
Right now I'm trying to see if people are interested.. as opposed to doing it and then no one signing up because I didn't gauge the waters and making myself look like the biggest fool ever! :lol

Shit, son, I'll be there with my Sakura with bells on to take a beatdown! Byah!

MIMIC

Banned
Jirotrom said:
How do i go from Guiles flash kick to his super flash kick... is there an input shortcut?

Can't remember who it was but someone in this thread taught me how to do it (I didn't even think it was possible without FADCing).

1. Charge like you're about to do the Double Flash
2. Hit up + kick (to perform the flash kick)
3. After you hit up + hick (and Guile begins the animation for the flash kick), immediately: down+back > up+back+kick. The charge for the initial flash kick doubles as the charge for the Double Flash. (you can also substitute up+back+kick for up+forward kick....which ever you prefer).

You must be very, very quick in the motions.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'd be up for a funsies tourney- while I'm done with the high-stakes stuff as of tomorrow (thankfully)- I still wouldn't mind having fun.

SLYspyda

Banned
_dementia said:
Ken's a cool guy but what people here don't like is when poor players choose him and whiffs 99% of their shoryukens and wakeup ultras, get punished, and don't learn anything.

I just kinda walk up and throw them everytime they whiff to show the player he's doing something wrong, but all the ones I've done this to refuse to change their tactic and end up losing pretty badly.

I really like when a good player chooses him.

Don't fool yourself. I guarantee you no one here is angry about being able to kick someone else's ass who uses Ken. People...like you...are just mad when you get defeated by Ken because he's perceived as an easy character to use.

"Oh, I'm mad because my opponent doesn't learn!" Give me a fuckin break.

Jirotrom

SapientWolf said:
Yes. Hold db, then do uf for the flash kick and then quickly press db and uf again for the super. The easiest way to do it is to do the super with that motion and double tap the kick button.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!

y2dvd

Hosting rank matches on PSN is horrible. Rarely do you get anyone to join with a good signal, let alone actually joining the match. Is the xbox the same way?

SLYspyda said:
Don't fool yourself. I guarantee you no one here is angry about being able to kick someone else's ass who uses Ken.
Yeah you're right, why would anyone want decent competition?

SLYspyda said:
People...like you...are just mad when you get defeated by Ken because he's perceived as an easy character to use.

No, if someone like me lost, this person would think about why it happened and adjust his or her game accordingly.

SLYspyda said:
Don't fool yourself. I guarantee you no one here is angry about being able to kick someone else's ass who uses Ken. People...like you...are just mad when you get defeated by Ken because he's perceived as an easy character to use.

That's partially true. Of course, I hate losing to Ken...but not much more than I hate losing to anyone else. I guess the biggest problem is in what Ken represents. In other words, your typical mainstream user who thinks he's hot shit when in actuality he's using the most played out character with the most played out easy strategies in the game. Honestly, I don't mind fighting Kens as much as I hate the attitude. Going around the character select screen pretending to choose some random character until I choose mine, and then bam they go to Ken. wtf? Did you not want me to find out your super secret strategy? Scrub comments after matches usually come from people who choose Ken etc. Just little things like that. I'll be the first to admit when a good Ken effed me up but it also gets annoying when you fight 15 Kens in a row, whether you're winning or losing.

McBradders

y2dvd said:
Hosting rank matches on PSN is horrible. Rarely do you get anyone to join with a good signal, let alone actually joining the match. Is the xbox the same way?

It is in my experience, matches with friends, however, are flawless.

Jirotrom

MIMIC said:
Can't remember who it was but someone in this thread taught me how to do it (I didn't even think it was possible without FADCing).

1. Charge like you're about to do the Double Flash
2. Hit up + kick (to perform the flash kick)
3. After you hit up + hick (and Guile begins the animation for the flash kick), immediately: down+back > up+back+kick. The charge for the initial flash kick doubles as the charge for the Double Flash. (you can also substitute up+back+kick for up+forward kick....which ever you prefer).

You must be very, very quick in the motions.
I just got it... you have to double tap kick really fast while doing a db to uf motion twice.

BTW... I added you to my xbox live... i wont be able to play you till 11 or so central time.

Seems like a lot of interest so I'm going to make a thread later today in the Online Forum and link it back here. If you guys could do me a favor and keep that link to the Tournament thread in a post every once in a while then I'd appreciate it :)

We can discuss rules in that thread.. I will lay out some rules and see how people gauge them and we can make tweaks before the tourney during the signups.

Foxix Von

y2dvd said:

The finding matches seem to be a universal pain. From what I played before I had to return it, the network icon never displayed anything and just sat there flashing, however 9/10 matches I never even noticed any lag. And if there was a bad connection they usually d/c'd before or at the character select screen.

VQ

Foxix said:
The finding matches seem to be a universal pain. From what I played before I had to return it, the network icon never displayed anything and just sat there flashing, however 9/10 matches I never even noticed any lag. And if there was a bad connection they usually d/c'd before or at the character select screen.

VQ

Uh.... you returned a game without even knowing how it works?
Flashing icon = best connection.
The lowest I know of is one bar that's red.

Dear God...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
sweet jesus this game is awesome. Just got it and spent the last 2 hours at it. I'm only vaguely competent with Ken and ryu at this point, it's so much fun though.

Played my first game online and won by a bar so small you couldn't even see my health, very satisfying and no lag noticeable.

Need soo much practice, can't even beat seth on easy in arcade mode at the moment he's a monster :(

my tag is

armedcatfish

if anyone is completely new at this and wants to beat on someone in the same boat :lol

Top Bottom