• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dizzy-4U

darkpaladinmfc said:
I must see those that cannot be unseen :(. Link to said wallpaper?
:(

MicVlaD said:
Belgium. I've played against other American (and even Japanese) people before without considerable lag, so it's possible that you might need a faster Internet connection to resolve those lag spikes against international players. You'll probably be fine against those who live in the same continent, however.
I will try one more time tomorrow night. I'll unplug every pc connected to the router and hopefully it'll improves something.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm doing the training challenges and just cant do some moves at all :(

with abel, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do

-> MP+MK
-> HCB + P

I can't get the timing right and that second bit just NEVER comes out. Same with one of Ryus challenges. what's the secret to timinG?!?!?

Ferrio

Banned
catfish said:
I'm doing the training challenges and just cant do some moves at all :(

with abel, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do

-> MP+MK
-> HCB + P

I can't get the timing right and that second bit just NEVER comes out. Same with one of Ryus challenges. what's the secret to timinG?!?!?

Charge MP+MK to level 3, then dash cancel it after the hit then do the tornado throw.

I finally mastered my Abel game.. ken/ryu fights are nothing more then a chore.. the ones I've encountered thus far all play exactly the same.. I'm definitely going to check out that abel combo vid though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ferrio said:
Charge MP+MK to level 3, then dash cancel it after the hit then do the tornado throw.
SUCCESS

cheers. This is like learning a language.

Arde5643

Any Fuerte users using Quesadilla bombs to stop rushing opponents? Just started doing it against some players who would just try to pressure me instead of keeping back or turtling.

Works great so far to discourage them from going after me nilly willy.

Let me know if there's anything I should be worried about using this on aggressive rushers.

Assembly Required said:
I finally mastered my Abel game.. ken/ryu fights are nothing more then a chore.. the ones I've encountered thus far all play exactly the same.. I'm definitely going to check out that abel combo vid though.

What you mean SWEEP THE LEG?

mYm|17|

gg's oldschool, that bison of yours is good.

sorry i had to go, just got killzone 2 so im gonna hit that up a bit. Let me know if u wanna practice some more.

Sallokin

haunts said:
We're doing all the characters.. you guys just have to be patient.. :lol

You make the vids look way too easy lol. I just tried to do some of Cammy's hard ones and ended up punching myself in the face (not really). I just don't have the coordination.

I think a few shots of the combos being done on the stick itself for timing purposes would be infinitely helpful.

GG MicVlad last night. I'm still crying about that Ultra you did where I was blocking the giant fireball and you teleported next to me and pushed me in anyway. V_V;;

I'm thinking I need to pick someone other than Viper for my main.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
mYm|17| said:
gg's oldschool, that bison of yours is good.

sorry i had to go, just got killzone 2 so im gonna hit that up a bit. Let me know if u wanna practice some more.

GG's. Your guile had me in a panic. D: I wasn't sure what to do. Lol. Kept jumping in knowing what was waiting on me. lol

mYm|17|

Oldschoolgamer said:
GG's. Your guile had me in a panic. D: I wasn't sure what to do. Lol. Kept jumping in knowing what was waiting on me. lol

I really suck with Guile.......hehe

my cousin jumped in and played your sagat, he was scared

slayn

needs to show more effort.
God damn, I go on vacation for a week and now I can't play for shit. And is bison the new hotness or something? Just played 3 in a row.

Even then, I feel myself tempted to play something else more and more because of the shitty matchmaking. =\

CalamityDaunt said:
What you mean SWEEP THE LEG?

Yeah.. Sweep, uppercut. Sweep, uppercut, turtle turtle up! HADOKEN!! Rinse and repeat.. Occasionally I'll let them get a couple of free licks.

Now Sagat.. he still gives me trouble.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CalamityDaunt said:
The amount of disconnects and trouble connecting to players on this game is fucking rediculous tbh

Disconnected meaning players doing so?

Everything else...YMMV I guess. 98.345% smooth sailing when I play. =x

Arde5643

Assembly Required said:
Yeah.. Sweep, uppercut. Sweep, uppercut, turtle turtle up! HADOKEN!! Rinse and repeat.. Occasionally I'll let them get a couple of free licks.

Now Sagat.. he still gives me trouble.
I hate when Sagat scrubs mess up the knee doing either crouching LK or MK, and then gets it right the next time causing me to eat a knee in the face.

Perhaps the scrubs are just that good in feinting the knee in the face. :(

EDIT: They really should nerf the recovery of the knee. It's just too good at this point. Probably one of the best moves in the game hanging almost evenly with EX Messiah Kick.

Won said:
Just unlocked the survival challange icons. Underwhelming. :(
Could you possibly post some pics of them? I haven't been able to find any online. How many hard survival challenges are there and can you lariat your way through them?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
GGs MicVlad.

Yooooo.....

How the eff do you deal with sim? MicVlad's the first one I played that used him like that. So many losses. :lol I main Bison.

edit:

Hmm...I'll be ready next time! *shakes fist* :lol

Won

Rummy Bunnz said:
Could you possibly post some pics of them? I haven't been able to find any online. How many hard survival challenges are there and can you lariat your way through them?

I don't have my camera at home, so no. Just imagine this over and over with all kind of animals:
2v3k0wk.jpg

:D

And there are 5 challanges, all have 10 games as win quota and 30% health regen. Overall pretty easy and fast. Only the 4th can give you trouble with lariat spam. Tons of Ultras flying around there.

This controller is frustrating as hell, but I won't give up! Scrubs (or Dweebinheimers as Ryo would say) shall know the name of Saikyo-Ryu!

I got some BnBs with Dan now and I've discovered the usefulness of the air taunt! I still need to work on pokes and such.

MicVlad, I wanna rematch! n3ss, you were too busy with ranked matches last night to beat my ass! :( Haunts, I challenge you! :lol

EDIT: It's good to have a stable SRK again! I can finally read GD! :D

Won said:
I don't have my camera at home, so no. Just imagine this over and over with all kind of animals:
2v3k0wk.jpg

:D

And there are 5 challanges, all have 10 games as win quota and 30% health regen. Overall pretty easy and fast. Only the 4th can give you trouble with lariat spam. Tons of Ultras flying around there.
Thanks! That's really disappointing. I was hoping for goofy animal pics, kinda like the blockhead icons. But if I can spam my way through it I guess I may as well do it. I'm a sucker :(

Foxix Von

Omar Ismail said:
Uh.... you returned a game without even knowing how it works?
Flashing icon = best connection.
The lowest I know of is one bar that's red.

Dear God...

Wha? Every other game I have ever played in my life in which the network icon either blinks or does nothing usually means that the connection quality can't be confirmed or is in the process of doing so. And I do believe in the manual it's listed as green being the best connection, and red being the worst. I don't quite remember "blinking" being listed as a quality indicator in the manual. I know I've certainly played blinkers that were a tossup as to the actual connection quality, sometimes being great and at others I would experience lag at the character select screen.

VQ

Vangellis

Ive been playing a little ranked, ive come across some funny ones. Like akuma players that just hope they will get you with raging demon and jump around doing air fireballs. I get unable to connect alot which is rather frustrating.

If anyone is up to it my tag gamertag is pixelpushr, I use all the characters but Ive been mostly play chun li

I've lost 4 of 5, and surrendered 238 BP today. I can't play well for some reason, making rookie mistakes. Might be because I was just playing Killzone, or maybe the competition is getting better. Either way, I'm not playing for a couple hours or else I will become furious.

Ack, I hate moving from game to game when they use completely different skill sets... makes me mediocre at both :(.

LiK

man, went back to my Blanka and i was kickin ass! almost got the 10 wins in a row achievement. ruined by a Sagat player... :(

btw, i played 20+ ranked matches and 15 of them were KEN, ROFL. dang...

Top Bottom