• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

wi@tt

RSTEIN said:
I tried for like 10 minutes straight (I'm on a stock 360 controller). I searched on google and a lot of people had to remap high kick to RB to perform the fake successfully :lol

no clue then

CPS2

Just wondering, I know level 2 and 3 FA does a crumple every time, but can level 1 crumple on counter hit?

I think some of the trials actually require a crumple from a level 1, and I'm pretty sure I've done it, but it definitely wasn't off a counter =/

haunts

Bacon of Hope
UC1 said:
Just wondering, I know level 2 and 3 FA does a crumple every time, but can level 1 crumple on counter hit?

I think some of the trials actually require a crumple from a level 1, and I'm pretty sure I've done it, but it definitely wasn't off a counter =/

Yes, FA LVL 1 is crumple only on counter hit.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Oichi said:
That wouldn't be a good idea, and I'll tell you why. Doing b+mk+mp or d/b+mk+mp allows charge characters to charge while doing an FA. So under your proposed system with, say, Honda, if I do hand slaps and then f/b+mk+mp and do a dash back or forth, I can't go into headbutt or super or ultra instantly because I just lost my charge by dashing.

However under the current system, i can do hand slaps, d/f or b+mk+mp to cancel into FA, allow FA to charge to lvl 1 or 2 and hopefully get a counter hit crumple, and INSTANTLY go into headbutt/splash/super/ultra. But, if I want to, I can do b+mk+mp, b, or f+mk+mp to dash back and forward to get myself out of trouble or keep on the pressure.

The way the system works is fine as it is, because it gives you the most options at all times, whereas your suggested system limits a lot of character's options with FA. What you are proposing completely screws over charge characters, as well as making things even MORE difficult to understand for other players (dashing is one direction tap vs two while in FA), and possibly opening up more exploits (aka kara dash cancels).
the only difference would be that instead of pressing b+mp+mk, you press mp+mk and then hold back immediately after. In such a system I imagine the dash cancel woudl be determined by what you were holding at the exact moment you presssed mp+mk. I fail to see the problem there.

Hell, I play a charge character and I'm one of the people that think it would be awesome if it were that way.

edit: there are a few ideas thrown out, so to clarify the proprosal I like is:
nuetral+FA = cancel into focus attack as normal
forward+FA = automatic forward dash cancel
backward+FA = automatic backward dash cancel

UC1 said:

Nah, they only crumple from lv 2. in those trials you have to get to to lv 2 for a fraction of a second so you may not have noticed that you got there, but you did.

Kenaras

RSTEIN said:
I tried for like 10 minutes straight (I'm on a stock 360 controller). I searched on google and a lot of people had to remap high kick to RB to perform the fake successfully :lol

Do you want to be able to use it in a match or are you just trying to pass the trial? For the trial, bind two face buttons to HK. Use two fingers and graze the fingernails across those two buttons as quickly as you can, curling those two finger towards your palm. The idea is to have the buttons register as pressed, but to also have them released as quickly as possible. Time it so you hit the buttons as close together as possible without hitting them at exactly the same time.

If you actually want to use the move in matches I can't help you; fuck that.

CPS2

Just on the simplifying FADC thing, the way it is now actually lets you make more mistakes. At the moment you can ex cancel while holding forwards or backwards, and still dash either forwards or backwards after that. It's already pretty easy, just hit training mode now and then if you're stuffing it up.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Kenaras said:
Do you want to be able to use it in a match or are you just trying to pass the trial? For the trial, bind two face buttons to HK. Use two fingers and graze the fingernails across those two buttons as quickly as you can, curling those two finger towards your palm. The idea is to have the buttons register as pressed, but to also have them released as quickly as possible. Time it so you hit the buttons as close together as possible without hitting them at exactly the same time.

If you actually want to use the move in matches I can't help you; fuck that.

Yes, just for the trials. Goddamn, this is harder than finding the G spot!

akachan ningen said:
wow, 20K replies already. Hopefully this game lasts. It seems like lots of people are giving up already.

been playing street fighter for damn near 18 years, and no intentions to quit any time soon plus, i'm not gonna be happy till i become your equal :D

Saerk

Kintaro said:
Again, do you want the computer to assume for you? What if you did want to cancel into a quick FA after a block?

It may be complicated or whatever, but I'll take more control over CPU assumption.

Edit; Weee! 20k posts!

Assign the cancel FP+HK instead of the mediums so you could just do your FA after the cancel if you wanted. How it is just way too many inputs.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
slayn said:
the only difference would be that instead of pressing b+mp+mk, you press mp+mk and then hold back immediately after. In such a system I imagine the dash cancel woudl be determined by what you were holding at the exact moment you presssed mp+mk. I fail to see the problem there.

Okay, so you basically want a just frame dash cancel. Which pretty much goes against the idea that this game is supposed to be more accessible.

See, the problem here is that you're suggesting b or f+FA for a dash cancel and then FA, THEN b or f to let charge characters charge their moves... but how exactly is the game going to register the inputs?

Using your system, if I do neutral+FA to cancel into a FA, THEN press forward or back to attempt to charge, the game's still going to register a dash as soon as I tap either forward or back while the FA is still charging. This is because FA itself is a chargeable attack in the game that by itself CAN be dash canceled. The game isn't going to know when you want to dash or when you want to simply charge if it was just a back or forward tap. By making it a double tap it's making the differentiation between a dash and a simple charge.

And if you're going to suggest next that a standalone FA can be dash canceled with a double tap and a FA that canceled a normal/special move is a single tap, congratulations, you've just made the system even more bloody confusing.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Jirotrom said:
You are the sickest player I've ever played on SFIV, your Viper is unreal.

hah, thanks man.. she is real hit or miss, some days i do really well with her but i literally lost a to a ken flowchart yesterday. :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Oichi said:
Okay, so you basically want a just frame dash cancel. Which pretty much goes against the idea that this game is supposed to be more accessible.

See, the problem here is that you're suggesting b or f+FA for a dash cancel and then FA, THEN b or f to let charge characters charge their moves... but how exactly is the game going to register the inputs?

Using your system, if I do neutral+FA to cancel into a FA, THEN press forward or back to attempt to charge, the game's still going to register a dash as soon as I tap either forward or back while the FA is still charging. This is because FA itself is a chargeable attack in the game that by itself CAN be dash canceled. The game isn't going to know when you want to dash or when you want to simply charge if it was just a back or forward tap. By making it a double tap it's making the differentiation between a dash and a simple charge.

And if you're going to suggest next that a standalone FA can be dash canceled with a double tap and a FA that canceled a normal/special move is a single tap, congratulations, you've just made the system even more bloody confusing.

You're forgetting that since I haven't practiced enough, I want some backwards "fix" to the game in order to excuse my lack of patience and somehow make myself fuckawesome at SF IV. Plus, people at Capcom are retards, obviously

haunts

Bacon of Hope
KdoubleA said:
Great games man! Excellent viper you play! I noticed you sometimes use jumping HK (vertical jump) to launch your combos...Great stuff!

Verticla jump HK is ridiculous with her in a lot of matches, it sets up her c.mk into thunder kuckle pretty well and all the shenanigans that go along with that. Against Bison and Zangief its like her main toll for zoning them and keeping the match under control, although Bison is near impossible for me with her.. hah.

hwateber

If anybody here is Link1 on PSN, go fuck with your mother with a cajun chicken sandwich. Seriously, ranked matches with 1 round and 30 seconds. If that's not bad enough this guy picks Vega and goes for the one hit and plays keep away. Time is out by the time you realize that it was set to 30 seconds. I don't know if it was anger or relief that he had 4000+ BP and I only lost 5 to him. There's a difference between playing to win and playing to boost your e-penis :(

phez

Banned
Sanjay said:
kenflow.png

phez said:
ranked matches are a joke. seriously, people only doing hadoken? fucking annoying

ahah i didn't even notice that; i gotz flowchart'd :lol

hwateber said:
If anybody here is Link1 on PSN, go fuck with your mother with a cajun chicken sandwich. Seriously, ranked matches with 1 round and 30 seconds. If that's not bad enough this guy picks Vega and goes for the one hit and plays keep away. Time is out by the time you realize that it was set to 30 seconds. I don't know if it was anger or relief that he had 4000+ BP and I only lost 5 to him. There's a difference between playing to win and playing to boost your e-penis :(

he was just trying to get the time out medal. Everybody needs to do that once, although you should really do it in a player match, not ranked.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You can set the round timer as a filter online, just make sure it's on 99 seconds and round is on 3 (or 5 if you prefer).

hwateber

ah I have work and school tomorrow so I'll only be available from like 12:30 PM - 2:45 PM. If time runs out and we haven't had the match yet, I'll forfeit it to you since my schedule is a pain for both of us :(

LuCkymoON

Banned
slayn said:

Hell, I play a charge character and I'm one of the people that think it would be awesome if it were that way.

yeah this works much better for charge characters than the current system
I was told it was possible to buffer a charge with FADC, the example was:
Chun Li's Super
charge back->FADC forward->back->forward+k
It's suppose to give her a bit more range but I can never get it to work.

Sinatar

Son of Godzilla said:
That filter only applies to arcade mode.

No you can do it in regular ranked, just use the custom match option. At least on 360 anyways, not sure about PSN.

Zertez

Finally got past Sagats fake kick trial. Doubt I will be able to ever pull it off in a match using the 360 controller though. If you are stuck on it with a controller, map HK to a face button and use a cloth to rub the button really fast. Remember reading about this trick for another game and it worked in less than a second. Im still having fun with Rose, but think Im going to take a break until my TE stick comes in. Luckily I have SO4 ready to go.

I was looking through the character art in the game earlier. On page 17-19, it looks like several SF3 characters made it into the art stage at least. Looks like Sean and Hugo, I could be mistaken though.

Damodar

From what I've seen, Player Matches are the way to go! The only non-scrubalicious ranked match I've played was with a fairly able Abel player, but the connection was bad and dropped. Player matches are very fun though. Maybe I'll go back to ranked when I'm better.

How many people are maining Blanka? I've never liked him in any of the other games, but I'm having a lot of fun playing as him in this! Same with Boxer :D

Sinatar

Stabby McSter said:
why can't i fight anyone at my bp level :mad:

Yea I have the same problem, even when I filter for "More skilled then me" I'm getting people with 500-700 less BP then me and I only have 1300.

Stabby McSter said:
why can't i fight anyone at my bp level :mad:
It sure would be nice if More Skilled hooked me up with opponents who were actually more skilled. Or maybe the game thinks dudes with 1000 less BP than me are more skilled, I dunno. I do lose to them more often than I should!

I ran into a great dropper earlier. He picked Chun. Dropped before the first round even finished cuz he couldn't handle the hurtin'! He sent me this message afterwards: "Play people your own skill level." Haw haw. I was searching for More Skilled! :(

Damodar said:
From what I've seen, Player Matches are the way to go! The only non-scrubalicious ranked match I've played was with a fairly able Abel player, but the connection was bad and dropped. Player matches are very fun though. Maybe I'll go back to ranked when I'm better.

How many people are maining Blanka? I've never liked him in any of the other games, but I'm having a lot of fun playing as him in this! Same with Boxer :D

I play some blanka. I liked him more in cvs2 but he's still pretty good in this. I wish his balls were faster.

Top Bottom