• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ploid 3.0

Yeah, I trip them up lots. Those fire balls + the jumping away until the walls are hit just piss me off. Even if I have no reason to try chasing them down (in the lead). I just want to fight.

I'm so glad Blanka have so many ways around fireball spamming now. SSFIIt HD was painful with that. "Haduken x3", (Blanka gets over the last hurdle to stop the source. Spammer jumps in and intercepts with a in air fk, or crouching fk).

Me Gray

Ugh, no. BP and w/l record should not be shown before a match. Shouldn't even be able to see the opponent's name or icon. HDR had the right idea. Making all this stuff visible in ranked just encourages exploitation.

Rotanibor

MrOctober said:
So the only medal I need before I can get the all medals trophy is the won a round online via judgment one. That shit is stupid. No one ever lets the time run out unless they are doing the 30 seconds 1 round trick. That's a stupid medal to put in the game.

I have like 350 matches online and thats only legitimately happened twice to me.

Also, Drohne and MicVlad, good matches we had recently. I really need to start playing more people from GAF, I always have a good time with them.

Gamertag - Rotanibor

ADD ME!

wi@tt

LakeEarth said:
Good, Gouken throw -> super and ultra is the best thing ever.

shhh don't give it away, one of the smoothest looking combos in the game

managed to loose 300bp today :lol don't need to play when sick

Ploid 3.0

I really wish there was at least a 3 player limit on the lobby. That way I could invite someone and play random people that show up.

So I played MicVlad a few days ago, he raped me and made me look like a scrub

although I didn't sleep for almost a day and I was drinking beforehand, I lost a tournament the night before so I stayed up to practice.

bad timing.

Nameless

Ploid 3.0 said:
Yeah, I trip them up lots. Those fire balls + the jumping away until the walls are hit just piss me off. Even if I have no reason to try chasing them down (in the lead). I just want to fight.

I'm so glad Blanka have so many ways around fireball spamming now. SSFIIt HD was painful with that. "Haduken x3", (Blanka gets over the last hurdle to stop the source. Spammer jumps in and intercepts with a in air fk, or crouching fk).

Me Gray

Yeah, Cammy's spiral arrow does wonders against Akuma cheesers. Gouken, though, takes things to an entirely new level. Online might break once more people unlock him.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Rummy Bunnz said:
Ugh, no. BP and w/l record should not be shown before a match. Shouldn't even be able to see the opponent's name or icon. HDR had the right idea. Making all this stuff visible in ranked just encourages exploitation.
Not being able to see name and title would be fucking stupid. I want to be able to message and/or add friends after for particularly good matches. Or I want to remember their name because I had a fun match and will look for their name to come up again. Or I will remember their name as a douchbag disconnector/30 second rounder and never play them again.

And what would even be the point of titles if others couldn't see them.

wi@tt

Ploid 3.0 said:
I really wish there was at least a 3 player limit on the lobby. That way I could invite someone and play random people that show up.

hopefully we'll get this on the update, whenever Capcom decides to let us have it

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
LakeEarth said:
Good, Gouken throw -> super and ultra is the best thing ever.

This is pure win. I just noticed that his throw doesn't even do any damage. People never see it coming either. I've gotten so many rage messages from people when I finish em off with it.

Best one was a scroto who said something along the lines of:

"Haha fucktard that throw does't even do any damage... Oh what the!!11""

Ploid 3.0

Nameless said:
Yeah, Cammy's spiral arrow does wonders against Akuma cheesers. Gouken, though, takes things to an entirely new level. Online might break once more people unlock him.

I should unlock Gouken. I didn't bother unlocking him and Akuma because I'd never use them. I wouldn't have unlocked Ryu and Ken either. I won't use Sagat as well.

wi@tt said:
hopefully we'll get this on the update, whenever Capcom decides to let us have it

It seems like there's at least a sliver of hope for that due to the lobby having "1 on 1 Lobby" at the top. Point me to the other lobbies!

But if it's pay DLC (not game changing) yea screw them again.

I wonder if psn dlc unlock keys require the account that bought it to stay on the ps3. If not, that would be broken. One person could get the dlc and share it with everybody. DLC just kinda work it's way into your game save or something. No owner is shown on it.

Well, if you don't want to get caught with throw -> ultra, stay the hell away from Gouken when he has meter and if he gets close, tech his throws.

Its not like the throw's an untechable command throw (ie SPD, Oicho throw, Tornado throw).

Yes! gg Timedog! I had fun playing Micvlad earlier too. Sorry I haven't been using my mic. I feel like a weirdo talking to my TV when I've got peoples in my house. Plus I get even sloppier when I use it.

I dunno if I messed with my system settings or if it's SF4 specific but I really love how I can't understand any voice chat but I can tell if my opponent's flipping out. I destroyed this 3000BP Sagat yesterday and at the end he was screaming like crazy. If I could understand him I probably woulda felt kinda bad but with the voice mixed so low it sounded like a Popeye cartoon. It was great.

slayn said:
Not being able to see name and title would be fucking stupid. I want to be able to message and/or add friends after for particularly good matches. Or I want to remember their name because I had a fun match and will look for their name to come up again. Or I will remember their name as a douchbag disconnector/30 second rounder and never play them again.

And what would even be the point of titles if others couldn't see them.
I said before the match. They'd still be listed in your recent players so you can easily add or message them. You'd still see their icon and title in-game. Or in the lobby. Disconnectors weren't an issue in HDR because if they DC'd they took a loss and in SF4 they should lose BP. 30 second rounders shouldn't be an issue if you're using the filters. And if you wanna replay a dude you can easily do that in a player match.

I do keep an eye out for guys I had good matches with and usually try and rematch but I'd gladly trade that away if it meant I didn't have to deal with all the idiots who boot you because you have a fancy icon or title. There's a reason why half the players don't use icons or titles anymore.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Rummy Bunnz said:
I do keep an eye out for guys I had good matches with and usually try and rematch but I'd gladly trade that away if it meant I didn't have to deal with all the idiots who boot you because you have a fancy icon or title. There's a reason why half the players don't use icons or titles anymore.
Wha? I have never, not once, been booted unless my connection to them was low (1 bar, sometimes 2) I've never even *heard* of people doing that. I often specifically connect to people with fancier titles in the hopes that they are a better player.

slayn said:
Wha? I have never, not once, been booted unless my connection to them was low (1 bar, sometimes 2) I've never even *heard* of people doing that. I often specifically connect to people with fancier titles in the hopes that they are a better player.
It happens. Again, there's a reason why so many people don't use the icons or titles. I never join games that are less than 3 bars and I've gotten the boot quite a few times. So have my friends, and there were a bunch of people bitching about it earlier in the thread. It's less common once you get more BP but it does happen. Hell, today I had a close match against another Cammy who had around 2500BP. Saw their name on the list afterwards, joined their game, bam, get kicked. I didn't grief and I didn't D/C and there was no lag so there was no good reason to kick me. It was pretty bullshit. I don't think you should be able to cherrypick your opponents in ranked. The way HDR handled it was ideal.

wi@tt

Ermac said:
This is pure win. I just noticed that his throw doesn't even do any damage. People never see it coming either. I've gotten so many rage messages from people when I finish em off with it.

Best one was a scroto who said something along the lines of:

"Haha fucktard that throw does't even do any damage... Oh what the!!11""

That's exactly why it is awesome, most people just laugh until the ultra/super connects. Then the string of profanity and just blank stairs start.

Ploid 3.0

FootNinja said:
gg's, next time i'll exclude blanka when I ask for games ;-;

I can try my Abel. He's weak though, but I need practice. I used thunder a lot more than usual. Vega is pretty weak to it due to overhead attacks though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:

Me Gray

You can punish these type of players to hell. EX ball is your best friend against projectiles...especially the players that spam without thinking. Against Akuma, vertical EX ball will dissuade him from doing too many air hadokens.

Once you are ahead you can turn the tables and turtle all day against shotos with Blankas new D + PPP crouch move. I love Blanka in this game. :D

Ploid 3.0

henhowc said:
You can punish these type of players to hell. EX ball is your best friend against projectiles...especially the players that spam without thinking. Against Akuma, vertical EX ball will dissuade him from doing too many air hadokens.

Once you are ahead you can turn the tables and turtle all day against shotos with Blankas new D + PPP crouch move. I love Blanka in this game. :D

I tried both balls, they fall short in distance. The players only have to worry about me when they are trying to get to the other side, or if my balls can reach them (heh). You know, now that I think about it, they might have been trying for that time over trophy. The only one that was able to slow my chase down was Akuma. Hop is faster than their back jumps I think, and since I'm trying to catch up with them the ball is out until I stop for 2 seconds. It don't matter anyway, I think it's the trophy.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Archie said:
Faced my first Viper ever. I won, but when the guy went immediately to her I nearly shit myself. :0

Funny thing is, before I saw Haunt's video I never cared about Vipers. I think I've probably faced < dozen in 200 matches and I've definitely won a large percentage of them. But after seeing Haunt's video I shit myself when I see someone go to Viper now :lol

Brannon

Good games MTHanded. Once again I gotta find out how to deal with crouching Boxers. I always wanna jump, but then that headbutt... feel so locked down :(

Think I won maybe one match vs him Boxer with Sakura. Time to skill up!

RSTEIN said:
Funny thing is, before I saw Haunt's video I never cared about Vipers. I think I've probably faced < dozen in 200 matches and I've definitely won a large percentage of them. But after seeing Haunt's video I shit myself when I see someone go to Viper now :lol
Watch some Kaqn videos on Youtube for maximum pantshittery potential

BitchTits

Between my Abel, Rose, Rufus and Gen I'm really not losing any vs shoto matches at the moment, unless they are really outstanding. I put this down to all the practice the Ken players are giving me! :lol It's become second nature to make them whiff a dragon punch now. I am having a couple of problems with other match-ups though:

Abel vs Zangief - Abel doesn't have much chance to get in, lariat has so much priority over everything and Abel's grab range is laughable in comparison. Trading blows leads to a quick win for Zangief.

VS a good Guile player - Guile is my main dreaded opponent at the moment. He can really be full-on because blocking his normals (like c.HK) gives him another chance to charge, meaning jumping is a no go (flash kick) and he's covered on the ground by sonic boom or any other number of things. And then there's the kind that turtles if they've got a few hits in first. Thinking about it, of my mains Dhalsim is good against Guile, but anyone without a fireball I have problems with.

I haven't fought any Akumas for a while, I wonder if interest in him has died down as players realise we won't just stand there and let his Super/Ultra connect like the Arcade Mode computer opponents do!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Phatsaqs defeats Timedog 5 matches to 0.

Most of the round were pretty close though. A few times I the matches were 1-1 and I was up on you in the third, but then I'd just choke and try the same tactic over and over hoping you'd fall for it one of the times and get me the win. I think that's something I need to work on. Also my blocking sucked on some of your combos if I got ahead in health because I was hoping I could find space between hits for a throw, I think I need to work on that too. What do you think I could work on to improve?

Was lag bad on your end?

LowParry

Timedog said:
Phatsaqs defeats Timedog 5 matches to 0.

Most of the round were pretty close though. A few times I the matches were 1-1 and I was up on you in the third, but then I'd just choke and try the same tactic over and over hoping you'd fall for it one of the times and get me the win. I think that's something I need to work on. Also my blocking sucked on some of your combos if I got ahead in health because I was hoping I could find space between hits for a throw, I think I need to work on that too. What do you think I could work on to improve?

Was lag bad on your end?

Become #1 in the world!

Got mah gamepad.....can actually pull off super/ultras now....still got my shit handed to me so yeah. With the pad I can actually use some charge characters now, had an actually close Sakura / Chun-Li match ( which I lost because i got greedy and try to jump in and got shoryuken'd in the face.) still at 0 bp's and I don't even want to know my win/loss....the Detroit Lions could proabally beat me. But now I feel like I can actually pull of some moves now. Just got to remember with charge characters I should take my time instead of RUUUUUUUUSHHH IN GEEEEEET OWWWWNED. I should have my own flowchart.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
entraik said:
anyone here looking to play? I'm learning Zangief (who's my main).....

add me GAF!

GT: entraik
I'll play you in about 10 minutes

I've never really fought Zangief yet, except like once online.

LowParry

Timedog said:
You on right now? Wanna play some matches? I just want to win one round against your Bison sometime this century.

Negatory. Wife has the PS3 for the night so I'm studying up some "how to build a computer" stuff. Tomorrow I'll be on some time. That is if I'm not playing KZ2 :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some guy with the tag bigloadupmyass. :lol

2e5jg9f.jpg

Top Bottom