• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LOL, I have over 700 matches logged and over 90 hours.
I have been playing lots of friends from work (past work) and gaffers who invite me often.
my BP is at 2600 about but like I said, I have been playing tons of Player matches with friends and less Ranked matches

I usual go on Ranked if I have no one to play with, break out my Sumo and Dictator on the world

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
henhowc said:
More like everyone but you wants it in the game. The online modes are a downgrade. The quarter mode was one of the highlights of the XBL arcade iterations of SF2. It just makes playing with your friends way more fun being able to spectate and chat. I'd scrap the rest of the DLC they have announced for a proper multiplayer lobby/spectator mode like HDR and SF2 Turbo.

Yeah Im sure Im the only one who doesnt want lag in my fight due to my friends watching me play. It may work with games like Hyper Fighting and HDR were there isnt all that much data to process online, but Id rather they spend the resources elsewhere.

Plus, somebody still has to explain to me the fun in watching other people play the game online while I wait. Actually, scratch that, it can be fun in the right circumstances, but Id much rather be playing the game instead.

Just cause you + your buddies + some gaffers who fancy themselves game designers think Capcom is retarded for not giving you the feature you want, doesnt mean there arent as many people who want something else (improve the netcode, punish rage quitters, etc)

gutter_trash said:
LOL, I have over 700 matches logged and over 90 hours.
I have been playing lots of friends from work (past work) and gaffers who invite me often.
my BP is at 2600 about but like I said, I have been playing tons of Player matches with friends and less Ranked matches

I usual go on Ranked if I have no one to play with, break out my Sumo and Dictator on the world

Hey gutter, I'm not up for it right now, but I wanna get some matches in against you at some point - never a bad time to fight a Bison/Dictator.

My PSN is Killasasa.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Freshmaker said:
Yeah, it's just me. :lol

I find it impossible to believe that you'll never have a laggy match.

I never said I've never had a laggy match. I've had occasional lag in SF4 but its never been like the show-stopping lag that I've experienced in HDRemix. Shit where characters start warping around the screen and health bars stop registering hits accurately. All that with the uber l33t GGPO netcode that people seem to pop boners over? I didn't notice anymore lag in lobbies in HD Remix versus one on one.

In general my online experience with SF4 has been better overall. (minus the quarter mode). I've had zero matches where I've decided to quite out due to lag being unbearable. It could just be a coincidence though...just like the coincidence where I don't recall reading any posts about lag in SF4 except yours. :D

So, I get up to my rival with a combination of 5 perfects and ultras. Right there for my battle with Seth. Boom, hit raging demon. But Ryu blocks it and hurricane kicks my ass to end the match.

I just turned the Xbox off.

jordan0386 said:
So, I get up to my rival with a combination of 5 perfects and ultras. Right there for my battle with Seth. Boom, hit raging demon. But Ryu blocks it and hurricane kicks my ass to end the match.

I just turned the Xbox off.

you can't block raging demon.

Been playing single player mostly...but would like lobby...as it allows gaffers to gather to play...

Tonight, I finally finished Ken and Akuma's hard trials. Ken's level four trial was insane...until I remembered the easy input for SRK.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
henhowc said:
I never said I've never had a laggy match. I've had occasional lag in SF4 but its never been like the show-stopping lag that I've experienced in HDRemix. Shit where characters start warping around the screen and health bars stop registering hits accurately. All that with the uber l33t GGPO netcode that people seem to pop boners over? I didn't notice anymore lag in lobbies in HD Remix versus one on one.

In general my online experience with SF4 has been better overall. (minus the quarter mode). I've had zero matches where I've decided to quite out due to lag being unbearable. It could just be a coincidence though...just like the coincidence where I don't recall reading any posts about lag in SF4 except yours. :D
Yet you're not willing to consider that the fact you're having better connections in SF4 might be related to the # of players allowed in the lobby... Ok.

If you don't see people posting in this very thread about some laggy matches, you've gone selectively blind. You gotta look at it from the perspective that *any* lag is bad. (Can be subtle like suddenly being unable to punish a blocked hurricane kick.) Introducing more elements that increase lag makes the lag that's already there (even if you don't notice it, it's there) worse.

Rotanibor

Wow, I FINALLY got some hate mail! All it took was for me to start playing as Akuma on the side!

sFp Pinewood sent me the message, "u shoto players are lame".

fake edit-
I replied back with "well despite the fact i main bison, i am not sure what is lame about playing a shoto character. i apologize for beating you, if it makes you feel any less butthurt."

and he said "oh sorry let me rephrase. most shoto players r lame, but not u. u rock"

Now I can't tell if he just worded his original message extremely poorly, or the fact I play as Bison makes everything better. :lol

Either way, he retracted his hate mail so I am back at square one! I have gotten no hate mail! I feel left out. Why must everybody like playing with me so much! )':

LuCkymoON

Banned
akachan ningen said:
you can't block raging demon.
I wouldn't be surprised, just look at how badly its nerfed. Just today I was playing against cynar and my raging demon actually pushed his El Furete back allowing him to jump out of the way. Even he was surprised it didn't catch him.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Freshmaker said:
Yet you're not willing to consider that the fact you're having better connections in SF4 might be related to the # of players allowed in the lobby... Ok.

If you don't see people posting in this very thread about some laggy matches, you've gone selectively blind. You gotta look at it from the perspective that *any* lag is bad. (Can be subtle like suddenly being unable to punish a blocked hurricane kick.) Introducing more elements that increase lag makes the lag that's already there (even if you don't notice it, it's there) worse.

I'm referencing everything from my personal experience from playing HD Remix for a few months and SF4 for a few weeks. My basic argument is that SF4 and SF HD Remix (NO LOBBY) feels equally good to me. SF HD REMIX (NO LOBBY) and SF HD REMIX (IN LOBBY) felt equally good to me. At this point your "proof" is just as valid as mine.

I'll shut up about it if Seth Killian or Ono just come straight out and say, lobbies were removed because of lag. :p

Rotanibor Eht said:
Wow, I FINALLY got some hate mail! All it took was for me to start playing as Akuma on the side!

sFp Pinewood sent me the message, "u shoto players are lame".

fake edit-
I replied back with "well despite the fact i main bison, i am not sure what is lame about playing a shoto character. i apologize for beating you, if it makes you feel any less butthurt."

and he said "oh sorry let me rephrase. most shoto players r lame, but not u. u rock"

Now I can't tell if he just worded his original message extremely poorly, or the fact I play as Bison makes everything better. :lol

Either way, he retracted his hate mail so I am back at square one! I have gotten no hate mail! I feel left out. Why must everybody like playing with me so much! )':

I played against 5 quitters in a row lost night, and one of them actually sent me rude messages after he quite. He said: "If you didn't play like such a bitch I would have given you the win. Rematch"

All I did was use my ultra(Chun li) every time he threw a fireball at me at medium range. I don't see how that's playing like a bitch at all. :(

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Really really close games Vertopci. As you can see I only ever play with Vega, and your Vega is even if not better than mine : (

Really I had fun though.

Pop On Arrival said:
I played against 5 quitters in a row lost night, and one of them actually sent me rude messages after he quite. He said: "If you didn't play like such a bitch I would have given you the win. Rematch"

All I did was use my ultra(Chun li) every time he threw a fireball at me at medium range. I don't see how that's playing like a bitch at all. :(

:lol I love how people are essentially saying "hey, stop beating me up in a FIGHTING game".:lol

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
henhowc said:
I'm referencing everything from my personal experience from playing HD Remix for a few months and SF4 for a few weeks. My basic argument is that SF4 and SF HD Remix (NO LOBBY) feels equally good to me. SF HD REMIX (NO LOBBY) and SF HD REMIX (IN LOBBY) felt equally good to me. At this point your "proof" is just as valid as mine.
It's just interesting that you find the connection better, (to the point that you mock the GGPO netcode) but also don't think that the extra demands on the data being sent back and fourth in a lobby situation might be partly responsible for it.

More anecdotal evidence, VF5 good connections in general. (Still introduces quirks that don't work the same offline.) DOA4, SC4, Tekken DR not so good. All have multiplayer lobbies. Make a single player lobby in any of those, and the connection tends to be more stable.

Foxix Von

=/ Has anyone experienced more lag lately? When I first started playing it was never even a concern but since around that last update I can hardly react to anything, the input lag is incredibly noticeable now. I haven't had an non-laggy match all day and the second to last match I played was actually disconnected =/

VQ

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why should they? Because you want them to? I dont think they should, I dont like the idea.

Just cause you + your buddies + some gaffers who fancy themselves game designers think Capcom is retarded for not giving you the feature you want, doesnt mean there arent as many people who want something else (improve the netcode, punish rage quitters, etc)

Just because you fancy yourself a game designer and think we're retarded for requesting lobbies doesn't mean that your own feature requests/fixes are any more valid. You're the reason why arcades are dead in the US!!!! :D :lol

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah Im sure Im the only one who doesnt want lag in my fight due to my friends watching me play. It may work with games like Hyper Fighting and HDR were there isnt all that much data to process online, but Id rather they spend the resources elsewhere.

Plus, somebody still has to explain to me the fun in watching other people play the game online while I wait. Actually, scratch that, it can be fun in the right circumstances, but Id much rather be playing the game instead.

It's not like these are mutually exclusive features and that one would affect the other. The demand is definitely there for quarter lobbies, or indeed something akin to the 4 cabinet link they used when Super Street Fighter II hit the arcades. That used 4 cabs and you all played all the time, switching cabs as instructed after each match. That would be a fine compromise but that fact I often have a group of people who all want to play eachother but can't without jumping through so many hoops is a huge oversight on Capcom's part because, as is evident, I am far from alone in the matter.

FYI, I am a game designer so you can keep your snarky comments about such matters to yourself ;)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Freshmaker said:
It's just interesting that you find the connection better, (to the point that you mock the GGPO netcode) but also don't think that the extra demands on the data being sent back and fourth in a lobby situation might be partly responsible for it.

More anecdotal evidence, VF5 good connections in general. (Still introduces quirks that don't work the same offline.) DOA4, SC4, Tekken DR not so good. All have multiplayer lobbies. Make a single player lobby in any of those, and the connection tends to be more stable.

I wasn't really mocking GGPO...but from the way people build it up, I didn't expect all the crap I experienced with HD Remix.

To be honest, the only fighters I've played on XBL were SF2 HF (TERRIBLE), HD Remix, and SF4. I guess what I'm comparing it to is stuff I have played online (sports, FPSes) where adding multiple players and voice chat isn't such a big deal as long as the host is good. I know its not really comparing apples and oranges. Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic. That and the other dude's somewhat snarky comments rubbed me the wrong way. :D

Anyone that doesn't mind gaming with some lag up for a few matches? Even better if you're from Asia, as it would probably be a lot better.

PSN ID: Vicious-chan

Tain

aw man, using abel's ultra through a couple akuma hadokens tonight was SO GOOD

I love fighting games. I feel like I'm just lately starting to understand them beyond a "hey i can parry ryu's super and do this neat makoto combo" level.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Timedog said:
any shoto killers wanna play my ryu? XBL: chickeny dinner
wtf I think I played you in a random match.

You wouldn't remember as you completely ruined my crap game... I think anyway. not sure.

I'm armedcatfish on XBL and have the chicken icon with the glasses on and the 'not the face' title because it's appropriate to my playstyle :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
catfish said:
wtf I think I played you in a random match.

You wouldn't remember as you completely ruined my crap game... I think anyway. not sure.

I'm armedcatfish on XBL and have the chicken icon with the glasses on and the 'not the face' title because it's appropriate to my playstyle :lol

I have a 19 inch SDtv so it's hard to read the names. I'd probably have remembered a name like armedcatfish. I'm hopefully getting an HDtv tomorrow. We'll see if your cat-like agility is enough to defeat the unbreakable power of HORSE.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Timedog said:
I have a 19 inch SDtv so it's hard to read the names. I'd probably have remembered a name like armedcatfish. I'm hopefully getting an HDtv tomorrow. We'll see if your cat-like agility is enough to defeat the unbreakable power of HORSE.

I'm seriously afraid of your avatar Timedog, change it back D:

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Timedog said:
oh I assure you it isn't but getting horribly demoralised at street fighter is the road to improving.
So lets do it and then I'll send you insulting messages making excuses after I lose real bad wwwooooo!

Also, does chatting while playing add to the lag situation? I play with no mic vs strangers, but haven't really played any gaffers yet, you guys using mic?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
catfish said:
oh I assure you it isn't but getting horribly demoralised at street fighter is the road to improving.
So lets do it and then I'll send you insulting messages making excuses after I lose real bad wwwooooo!

Also, does chatting while playing add to the lag situation? I play with no mic vs strangers, but haven't really played any gaffers yet, you guys using mic?

My mic is always plugged in even though most of the time I don't use it, the headset just sits on my pillow. I never thought about it adding to lag.

RedAssedApe

Banned
catfish said:

I haven't noticed any lag the one time I played a bunch of player matches with my brother. We used our mics quite a bit. Trash talking with people you know is a lot of fun (not so much when its just random ppl online). :lol

spermatic cord said:
:lol at the fools setting it to 30 sec 1 round. Not obvious at all when you pick Sagat... They were surprised when I just hit em a few times and kept doing the teleport with Akuma while time expired:lol
Thats what I do with Vega... just flip around.

Tonight I just bs'd with some characters I rarely ever play.

I want to get use to Cammy and Rose.. Rose has the most abusable throw range in the fricken game .. I swear its awesome.

Cammy just seems all around really nice with Spiral Arrow. Though I have no idea how to use her yet I still manage to win :p

I think I'm giving up on Dhalsim.. Suddenly he became flavor of the month and everyone is playing him.. I ran into like 10 of them tonight. Not to mention I can't do his Back HP + Back MK + LP Yoga Flame then combo that into the super.. thats impossible it seems :\ Even just the Back MK + LP Yoga Flame is fricken hard.

I'm still sticking with El Fuerte but I have no clue how to do his unlimited combo.. I also find his normal attacks really worthless.

Tonight I did get a big compliment on my Fuerte by some player. He told me I had a "ridiculous chef" (was using chef costume) and he said "I have no clue how you do that or stop that"

Then 1 match later I got hate mail from someone else.. "u r a fgt" .. then "All you do is spam the same move over and over.. I just got this game and figured it out.. how amateurish"..

Yet I didn't spam one move over and over.. But I think he was mad I could go on a chain of 3 or 4 Tostada presses.. :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
Thats what I do with Vega... just flip around.

Tonight I just bs'd with some characters I rarely ever play.

I want to get use to Cammy and Rose.. Rose has the most abusable throw range in the fricken game .. I swear its awesome.

Cammy just seems all around really nice with Spiral Arrow. Though I have no idea how to use her yet I still manage to win :p

I think I'm giving up on Dhalsim.. Suddenly he became flavor of the month and everyone is playing him.. I ran into like 10 of them tonight. Not to mention I can't do his Back HP + Back MK + LP Yoga Flame then combo that into the super.. thats impossible it seems :\ Even just the Back MK + LP Yoga Flame is fricken hard.

I'm still sticking with El Fuerte but I have no clue how to do his unlimited combo.. I also find his normal attacks really worthless.

Tonight I did get a big compliment on my Fuerte by some player. He told me I had a "ridiculous chef" (was using chef costume) and he said "I have no clue how you do that or stop that"

Then 1 match later I got hate mail from someone else.. "u r a fgt" .. then "All you do is spam the same move over and over.. I just got this game and figured it out.. how amateurish"..

Yet I didn't spam one move over and over.. But I think he was mad I could go on a chain of 3 or 4 Tostada presses.. :lol

you're mini PEZ right? Good games. I have no idea what to do against those body splashes with Fuerte on wakeup.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Timedog said:
you're mini PEZ right? Good games. I have no idea what to do against those body splashes with Fuerte on wakeup.

I think they come out as crossups sometimes, so you'll have to block the other way when you're getting up. Not 100% sure though.

Hero

I really like C.Viper but damn does she take damage like a wimp. Still not good enough to take out Shoto's with her yet.

My Ryu/Zangief/Cammy are shaping up pretty nicely. Got my win % up to 73.

Osaka said:
I think they come out as crossups sometimes, so you'll have to block the other way when you're getting up. Not 100% sure though.
You can cross up or you can hit from the same direction.. its honestly hard as heck to tell and judge.. heh.

GG's Timedog.. Wish you stayed around.. I had just plugged in my stick.. was only playing on my pad and was gonna use more Vega who is probably my best

vertopci

FindMyFarms said:
Yo Vertopci, your psn is eternal_nocturne right? GGS! We'll have to rematch Dan vs Bison some time :)

Christ, you fricking raped every orifice I have :lol :lol

GGs. Was there anything I was doing horribly wrong aside from sucking ass at using the Focus attack/absorb?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Sakura tips, give them to me, I'm not letting her go without a fight.

I think my main issue is I'm trying to play her like a full shoto with slight variations due to her slow fireball.

If she's really a lost cause then I'm heading back to Rose.

Top Bottom