• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

entraik

Banned
had to sign off for now...

good games... chickeny and name generated... i still kinda suck at this game.. my first sf ever!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Knux-Future said:
Got mah gamepad.....can actually pull off super/ultras now....still got my shit handed to me so yeah. With the pad I can actually use some charge characters now, had an actually close Sakura / Chun-Li match ( which I lost because i got greedy and try to jump in and got shoryuken'd in the face.) still at 0 bp's and I don't even want to know my win/loss....the Detroit Lions could proabally beat me. But now I feel like I can actually pull of some moves now. Just got to remember with charge characters I should take my time instead of RUUUUUUUUSHHH IN GEEEEEET OWWWWNED. I should have my own flowchart.

Stick with it. I was the same. I was at 0bps for a long time. I think my record may have been like 5-40 at one point. Then you learn one thing, that leads to another, then bam, you have a system going for you and the whole thing clicks.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Timedog said:
Phatsaqs defeats Timedog 5 matches to 0.

Most of the round were pretty close though. A few times I the matches were 1-1 and I was up on you in the third, but then I'd just choke and try the same tactic over and over hoping you'd fall for it one of the times and get me the win. I think that's something I need to work on. Also my blocking sucked on some of your combos if I got ahead in health because I was hoping I could find space between hits for a throw, I think I need to work on that too. What do you think I could work on to improve?

Was lag bad on your end?
Yeah lag was pretty bad. 2 bars :(. My FADCs were way off. GGs tho. One piece of advice I'd say is try to stay on the ground more. Not as much jumping. FB wars are fine. Especially if you're up on health.

Practice links and crosssups as well. Ryu is very strong in that area. Also I didnt see you try one FA. They're good in a FB war and can change the distancting allowing you to gain some ground. Dont worry about spamming FBs. Just dont get predictable.

edit: My BP is around 4300 now. Some very good players up there.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Black_Ice said:
How many BP's do you all have?
Around 3500 I believe. I don't play ranked much anymore, only a few matches a night maybe. I'm mostly just playing against people I know while I wait and hope for capcom to put out a patch to change the matchmaking.

Won

Black_Ice said:

600 and proud of it! My Fuerte gets more constant and I really need to stop to play late at night. Quarter cirlce motions not coming out kinda sucks. :lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
entraik said:
had to sign off for now...

good games... chickeny and name generated... i still kinda suck at this game.. my first sf ever!
Zangief ex throw goes so fricken far. And my sweep kept missing your lariet at the end there, annoying.

Black_Ice said:

Between 1500 and 2200 depending on how good or bad I'm doing that night. Usually what ends up happening is that I get sick of doing Same Skill or More Skilled searches because they take forever and I can only successfully join a game about one in 5 searches, and I go back to searching for All/All/All/All. I do very well in there in general but once in 5 or 6 games I'll lose to some guy with 200BP and lose like 120+ points. In the end I usually leave with a net loss of points and have to go back to Same/More Skill to gain them back, since you gain more and don't lose nearly as many.

I just wish the more specific searches were a lot faster and yielded more games that are actually joinable. I desperately want to play better players but I've had stretches where I couldn't get in a game for 10 minutes, and it drives me crazy! When I go All/All/All/All I get a match within about 10 seconds.

Also, for what it's worth, there is tons of fun to be had searching for 1 round, 30 second matches and then dominating the cheap assholes who use Sagat or Zangief trying to steal quick points from people. Generally they only know the most basic moves and will be completely lost (and usually furious) when you destroy them. I've gotten tons of quitters and angry messages from them and the whole thing never fails to be totally hilarious!

fatty

I haven't played any ranked games until tonight because I wanted to learn the characters more but then I figured "what the heck".

I picked Blanka so I can get some practice with the green guy. I love playing the shoto fighters like Ken/Ryu/Sagat/etc. because Ken was my main guy from SF2 and I know what to expect. They usually like to play defensively and keep you at bay with fireballs and try to force you into jumping into a shoryuken. I am just the opposite w/ Ken and like to play aggressive, trying to get them to commit to whiffed shoryukens and forcing them to make a decision. It's so fun, like a game of speed chess where you are trying to anticipate their next move. Most of the challenges came at the versus screen.

I was pretty decent with Blanka, was able to get 5 ranked wins in a row so I was happy. Man, playing this game is so fun. The "request a match" during Arcade Mode is a blast. I couldn't even get past 20 seconds of the first round with the computer because everyone kept challenging me.

I'm about 21 wins, 20 losses and my BP is at ~700.

Black_Ice said:

About 3300, was up to 34 or 35 but I fought the same Ryu 3 times and he took 200 ish from me. Every fight was close but dude was clutcher than Michael Jordan. My Guile is back though :D looking better than usual. Also, a lot of Ken players are f'ing with my mind, making me think they suck (no title, icon, etc) and trying to shark the hell outta me. Won some, lost some.

And man, don't look at BP as the be all end all. I fought an absolutely HORRENDOUS Sagat... he had 4100 BP.

It's all about the fight </Ryu>

Edit: I also no longer fear Blanka or Bison. Do your worst, GAF :D

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
fatty said:
I haven't played any ranked games until tonight because I wanted to learn the characters more but then I figured "what the heck".

I picked Blanka so I can get some practice with the green guy. I love playing the shoto fighters like Ken/Ryu/Sagat/etc. because Ken was my main guy from SF2 and I know what to expect. They usually like to play defensively and keep you at bay with fireballs and try to force you into jumping into a shoryuken. I am just the opposite w/ Ken and like to play aggressive, trying to get them to commit to whiffed shoryukens and forcing them to make a decision. It's so fun, like a game of speed chess where you are trying to anticipate their next move. Most of the challenges came at the versus screen.

I feel like this, I love playing with shoto fighters...and most I play against play defensive, but i definitely like being aggressive when playing as them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I keep fighting people no higher than 2000 enough though I'm using the more skilled option. I want some 5000+!!!!!!!!! Over 9000!!! is even better! Those higher guys take it way too seriously so the pressure is on them not to lose points. Sometimes they crack. :lol

I'm down to 1800 from 2400. I should've played player and get more experience with Viper instead of jumping straight into ranked. Ah well.

So is it confirmed that Chapionship Edition update is going to have a lobby system for multiple players in a match? That would make this game SOOOO good.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kadey said:
Some guy with the tag bigloadupmyass. :lol

2e5jg9f.jpg

Whoaaa how did you get more than 3 search results? the fuck?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
FindMyFarms said:
So is it confirmed that Chapionship Edition update is going to have a lobby system for multiple players in a match? That would make this game SOOOO good.

Yes. It's confirmed this is NOT coming in the patch.

bonesquad

Whoooo! I finally beat Seth on normal! Amazingly, after numerous failures as my usual characters, it only took me 3 tries once I resorted to my old tricks from SF2: Blanka. The CPU (on normal at least) still hasn't caught on to his electric charge move after all these years...

Seriously hate that guy still...

Man I suck...

...But doesn't the patch kinda have it? How the hell is the tournament layout page supposed to work if it doesn't have it?
It would be pretty segmented if it doesn't have a >2 player lobby...

Balb

Raging Spaniard said:
Why should they? Because you want them to? I dont think they should, I dont like the idea.

You might not like it but I'm sure there are a lot of other people who do want the feature (including myself).

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Just had a really close game with a good fei long, and he threw my respect out the window with hate mail.

"you cant win unless you jump in the air, you pu$$y" then, our game disconnects, and I get a bunch of curses in my direction, because apparently i quit a player match that I was winning..

gotta love it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Why should they? Because you want them to? I dont think they should, I dont like the idea.

More like everyone but you wants it in the game. The online modes are a downgrade. The quarter mode was one of the highlights of the XBL arcade iterations of SF2. It just makes playing with your friends way more fun being able to spectate and chat. I'd scrap the rest of the DLC they have announced for a proper multiplayer lobby/spectator mode like HDR and SF2 Turbo.

RedAssedApe

Banned
FootNinja said:
Just had a really close game with a good fei long, and he threw my respect out the window with hate mail.

"you cant win unless you jump in the air, you pu$$y" then, our game disconnects, and I get a bunch of curses in my direction, because apparently i quit a player match that I was winning..

gotta love it.

he bitched about you jumping?!!! :lol doesn't sound like he was any good at all.

Zertez

I think lag is one of the biggest reasons. While I enjoy watching matches while my friends are playing or pros, if they can not stabilize the lag, I can do without. Last thing I want is more lag during a match, because people want to watch.

Zertez said:
I think lag is one of the biggest reasons. While I enjoy watching matches while my friends are playing or pros, if they can not stabilize the lag, I can do without. Last thing I want is more lag during a match, because people want to watch.

This. If it's too laggy with lobbies, keep it the **** out. I can learn to deal. It ain't laggy for me now, but I don't need it to be there if people want to watch.

any good Dhalsim players here? i got paired against a Sim player in the tourney and almost have no experience fighting against em. if so let me know if you wanna get a few matches in on PSN.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Killa Sasa said:
This. If it's too laggy with lobbies, keep it the **** out. I can learn to deal. It ain't laggy for me now, but I don't need it to be there if people want to watch.

Outside of the extra voice data I don't know what's going to cause this extra lag you guys are talking about. Seemed just fine in the previous iterations. If its the problem I'll stand corrected...but I have this feeling Capcom is just being lazy.

Didn't Soul Calibur 4 have a spectator/lobby for online?

Zertez

HDRemix had GGPO and SF4 does not. Lag is about the only reason why I could see them saying no to lobbies, unless they want us to pay for it in a new version down the road.

Why WOULDN'T you want lobby mode? It' an optional mode that won't be replacing ranked or player matches. It's the only way to get to play multiple people in one session, and really makes things fun since you can talk and watch others play while waiting your turn.

LowParry

Zertez said:
HDRemix had GGPO and SF4 does not. Lag is about the only reason why I could see them saying no to lobbies, unless they want us to pay for it in a new version down the road.

That's sorta the NAMCO way...sadly...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Huzzah, over 600bp for me! It's amazing how many people don't block the second and third change of direction hits.

Also, Abel's hard challenge 1, link combo. crouch light kick, crouch light punchx2, medium punch? I can get the crouching hits down but when I go for the medium punch the last light punch pushes Abel too far away and I can't get it to hit. What am I doing wrong?

hwateber

henhowc said:
Outside of the extra voice data I don't know what's going to cause this extra lag you guys are talking about. Seemed just fine in the previous iterations. If its the problem I'll stand corrected...but I have this feeling Capcom is just being lazy.

Didn't Soul Calibur 4 have a spectator/lobby for online?
Soul Calibur 4 online was shit :lol . I really do hope capcom adds lobbies though so I can play multiple friends at a time.

Top Bottom