• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

FinKL

ShinAmano said:
So last night I fired up the fightpad for about 100 rounds on HD Remix...overall I am impressed. It is no OG saturn controller but it is nice...my biggest complaints are a) the cord and b) the glossy surface that seems to attract smudges.

I also was disappointing to find out CvS2 is not BC...god dammit.

However I did happen to swing into a 7-11 for some brew and I saw a sign talking about getting the latest games (SIMS 3, SF4, RE5 and Halo Wars)...so I asked the clerk if they had SF4...she said YES...I almost died...then she could not find it and I figured she was wrong...either way I plan to check them out every day for the next few days to see if it happens to actually arrive.

You sir, are a Godsend I know for sure the 7-11 near my University that will sell this for me!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13513016#post13513016

Now the only question is, do they do Collector's Edition?

CAVE343

A little late, but I want to give a shout out, Raging Spaniard's work is Triple A stuff!
Thank you very much for the high res stuff, when I have the time I'm going to print some out and decorate my wall :) Thanks!!

ashism

SoulFist said:
I did. I called them last night, and they said they would most likely get the sticks when they got the games. Shucks.
I wouldn't take their word for it. They don't actually know the ship day unless they look it up, he was probably just trying to get you off the phone. Retail monkeys in game stores are more than notorious for that.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ill be checking my 7-11 today since its on my way to downtown. If they have the game there are high chances that I'll pass out, so if I don't post much after today you'll know why :lol

Raging Spaniard said:
Ill be checking my 7-11 day since its on my way to downtown. If they have the game there are high chances that I'll pass out, so if I dont post much after today you'll know why :lol

Let us know what happens. I will be your friend if you get it early.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ken Masters said:
will the DLC costumes be available when the game launches, GS says sometime after launch

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/previews/preview.pl?sys=xbox360&game=sf4

* 2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.
* 2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.
* 3/3/09 – Shoruken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.
* 3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.
* 3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
In Japan at least, on 4/30 there's going to pack which gives you all of them at a discount.

I plan to wait for that, forever if I have to, or get a Japanese account somehow and download it there (if that works, which I think it does)

bdizzle said:
My PS3 TE is shipping in march according to Amazon now :'(

Really? I ordered mine really late (the second time it came up for preorder) and mine still says Feb 25th, although that's still a week after launch.

CAVE343

It's very confusing that some already have the TE, some have a real late delivery date, the xbox pads are out, yet the PS3 pads are nowhere to be found. Strange shit!

bad-joey said:
yeah the all in one pack is coming as the last dlc

Which is my only problem with this. I have no problems for paying for costumes as DLC, but they should have put the All-In pack as the very first one. It just makes more sense having them then put the more limited variety packs afterwards for those who want to be choosy.

The Femme Fatale and Shoryuken packs are definitely mine, though. :D

Saint Gregory said:
Really? I ordered mine really late (the second time it came up for preorder) and mine still says Feb 25th, although that's still a week after launch.

It's weird, when I check it on my iphone it shows a delivery date of 3/5-3/10, when I check the site on my computer it shows 2/25.....weird

CAVE343

CurseoftheGods said:
Which is my only problem with this. I have no problems for paying for costumes as DLC, but they should have put the All-In pack as the very first one. It just makes more sense having them then put the more limited variety packs afterwards for those who want to be choosy.

The Femme Fatale and Shoryuken packs are definitely mine, though. :D

Yeah, but they know you will cave and buy all the pack separately, hence more money for them :)

bdizzle said:
It's weird, when I check it on my iphone it shows a delivery date of 3/5-3/10, when I check the site on my computer it shows 2/25.....weird

I wouldn't worry too much as Amazon does seem to ship when the get their products in. I got my LE Prince of Persia about ten days before the official street date... not that it helped getting that any faster :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
New SF IV design contest, I'm so there

http://www.dontpaniconline.com/user/cpanel/www.dontpaniconline.com/designbrief/client/streetfighter4

This is your chance to be part of the Street Fighter heritage. We'd like to see your creative envisioning of your favourite character. Show us your fan interpretation of one of the World Warriors. What changes in dress, stance and style reflect the rebirth of Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile and co. in 2009? What elements do you see as epitomising each fighter's spirit, and how would you depict these? Be it luxurious anime ink & watercolour, a deconstructed vector reworking, dark brooding mixed media – you could become part of history, so let your skills shine.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks everyone for the impressions on the SF4 controllers... Keep them coming. I can't keep up with the comments on all sites, but if you have opinions/ideas/impressions, please email me at MarkMan@sdtekken.com

Thanks!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Raging Spaniard said:
I see this is a EU site, is entry restricted to EU participants or is it open to anyone?

Also, I'm digging the pads. I can finally pull off charge characters' supers in HD Remix, I couldn't do that for the life of me with the stock Xbox pad. I even popped in Anniversary Collection and pulled off a bunch of Somersault Presses with Hugo right on cue, that never used to happen! Thumbs up!

jonah777

Blueblur1 said:
At least one of them will be back shortly. I imagine they all received similar if not identical bans.

Anyway, what shipping date does everyone who pre-ordered a Chun-Li 360 pad from Amazon have? I have February 25, 2009. :(

Mine (TE Stick) is still at Feb. 25 as well... although, like Saint Gregory mentioned, Amazon has a pretty good track record of shipping items long before their estimated dates. Let's hope they come through on this one.

Raging Spaniard

Shig said:
I see this is a EU site, is entry restricted to EU participants or is it open to anyone?

Also, I'm digging the pads. I can finally pull off charge characters' supers in HD Remix, I couldn't do that for the life of me with the stock Xbox pad. I even popped in Anniversary Collection and pulled off a bunch of Somersault Presses with Hugo right on cue, that never used to happen! Thumbs up!

From reading the rules, the only thing I see is that you have to be a member of the site ... then again I cant even find the deadline so maybe Im missing something :lol

CAVE343

Wizpig said:
But i wanted the Femme Fatale Pack for free :mad:
But honestly, i hope it's something else entirely.

I wouldn't count on that, it will probably just be the Brawler pack.
(Was reading back a page and wow what happend, why did they all got banned for??)

Guled

Wizpig said:
But i wanted the Femme Fatale Pack for free :mad:
But honestly, i hope it's something else entirely.
well that one comes out the week after the game, I hope they let us pick which we want but I don't think thats possible with XBL/PSN voucher codes and the Brawler pack is that one that comes out when the game dose
bad-joey said:
I wouldn't count on that, it will probably just be the Brawler pack.
(Was reading back a page and wow what happend, why did they all got banned for??)
I think it was because they were talking about GGPO, but I thought it was ok to talk about emulation on GAF, maybe one of the mods just misunderstood

CAVE343

Huh, I thought the same. talking about emulation is supposed to be ok right? Talk about roms and stuff is not done right? So I don't understand why they got banned

MoxManiac

Yeah GGPO talk should be a-ok. Who knows what happened.

I wish the 18th would get here already. I feel like i've been waiting centuries for SF4. Been obessively watching youtube videos of japanese matches for like 5 months now.

CAVE343

This hype is really getting out of control
I'm glad that its weekend and I'm going out for a drink later one.

I've actually been dreaming about SFIV/TE Stick for a three days straight now

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Thanks for clearing that up- was wondering what the standard was around here.

As for the DLC, it made me decide to get the regular instead of LE. I know the local Gamestop, which is very small, said they're midnight releasing (1st time they've done this since the store opened) on the 17th at midnight (Tuesday night I think, but I did ask for a half-hour off work Monday night just in case)

CAVE343

uhhh..

A term derived from Comedy Central airings of "The Big Lebowski'. It was used to substitute "Fuck a stranger in the ass" in the infamous "you see what happens" scene. It means fuck a stranger in the ass.

Top Bottom