• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Snaku

Banned
bad-joey said:
uhhh..

A term derived from Comedy Central airings of "The Big Lebowski'. It was used to substitute "Fuck a stranger in the ass" in the infamous "you see what happens" scene. It means fuck a stranger in the ass.

So it translates to, "Focus Attack Dash Canceling a Stranger in the Ass?"

YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS LARRY?

Prezhulio

bad-joey said:
uhhh..

A term derived from Comedy Central airings of "The Big Lebowski'. It was used to substitute "Fuck a stranger in the ass" in the infamous "you see what happens" scene. It means fuck a stranger in the ass.

hahaha i recognized this immediately. this thread is and always was meant for great things.

Median

Anyone in Canada have any info on the release dates of the fight sticks? I have the standard fight stick preordered and the guy at my local EB told me today that they might not be around until March :S

"Yeah, that makes sense."

Ask for a raise of hands for people who own a Playstation 2 and games, then ask for another for CPS2/3/Neo Geo boards and get back to me. Drop it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MoxManiac said:
I"m curious, why wasn't happ parts considered when designing the mod-friendly aspect of the stick?

We wouldnt be able to have a universal mounting plate for Sanwa/Seimitsu and HAPP at the same time. :(

---

I finished my writeup awhile ago. It didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but there is some info in there (preview pics, initial concepts etc.)... Also the art templates for both sticks are in there!

Check it out... via http://sdtekken.com

http://sdtekken.com/2009/02/07/making-the-grade-a-fightstick-story/

Teknopathetic said:
Ask for a raise of hands for people who own a Playstation 2 and games, then ask for another for CPS2/3/Neo Geo boards and get back to me. Drop it.
Yeah, sorry, shoulda linked to this one I guess!

And hey. 'Sup.

cpsboohoo.jpg

Guled

MarkMan said:
We wouldnt be able to have a universal mounting plate for Sanwa/Seimitsu and HAPP at the same time. :(

---

I finished my writeup awhile ago. It didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but there is some info in there (preview pics, initial concepts etc.)... Also the art templates for both sticks are in there!

Check it out... via http://sdtekken.com

http://sdtekken.com/2009/02/07/making-the-grade-a-fightstick-story/
that was a really nice write up and thanks for the art templates. so I'm guessing that Madcatz will continue to make high quality products and it wasn't a one time thing

ashism

bdizzle said:
Are you getting the ps3 or 360 version? How much does the board cost?
I bought the 360 version. The cthulu is for ps3/pc.
Buy them here

Toodles also does trades, check the cthulhu thread on srk.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Teknopathetic said:
"Yeah, that makes sense."

Just so I'm aware, where is the list of things like this that cross the line? I looked in the FAQ forum and didn't really see a set of guidelines (like the GGPO fine line you just enforced) and I don't want to do or say anything without knowing. It seems kind of arbitrary at the moment but I'd just like some more solid guidelines

Rummy Bunnz said:
And uh... what's that?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Thanks for the templates MarkMan. I expect a nice companion thread for Hi-res SF4 Stick layouts soon (or even in this thread) :D

kenta

Has no PEINS
Rufus said:
Connect the dots.
He named like 3 different things and one was posted, hence my request for clarification. I'm curious to know what it is and how it works. Even a Wikipedia link would be fine!

It's one of my CPS2 arcade boards. I know quite a few people who own one, and far more who own Neo Geo carts. In a thread filled with dudes who own half a dozen+ arcade sticks it's not much of a leap to assume some of them also collect arcade games.

"Just so I'm aware, where is the list of things like this that cross the line? I looked in the FAQ forum and didn't really see a set of guidelines (like the GGPO fine line you just enforced) and I don't want to do or say anything without knowing. It seems kind of arbitrary at the moment but I'd just like some more solid guidelines"

Terms of Service.

"Yeah, sorry, shoulda linked to this one I guess!

And hey. 'Sup."

Congrats, *you* own a board, now how about everyone else? I'm also not sure why people want to shit up a thread by making an issue out of it instead of moving on.

Markman posted the template for the TE sticks. So now I'm looking for that site with the hi res SF artwork. Can someone help me out?

Rufus

kenta said:
He named like 3 different things and one was posted, hence my request for clarification. I'm curious to know what it is and how it works. Even a Wikipedia link would be fine!
I guess I sounded somewhat condescending there, sorry. I bolded the relevant information though, that's something. (...Although you could have searched for any of those three things yourself. It would have been faster than to wait for an answer on a message board, for sure.)

Now let's get back to topic before Teknopathetic accuses us of shitting up the thread (a concept/way of thinking I reject, btw) as well. :p

Jube3

Im almost done with a photoshop template for the TE stick so people can put in their designs and tweak it around before printing. Ill post it in a few minutes.

Jube3 said:
Im almost done with a photoshop template for the TE stick so people can put in their designs and tweak it around before printing. Ill post it in a few minutes.

Is it different than the one MarkMan posted?

Jube3

GalacticAE said:
Is it different than the one MarkMan posted?

Yea this one is more of a mockup template, you design it in markmans template and then toss it in this one to get an idea what it might look like before you print. I was making it for myself since it will be a few weeks before i get my stick in but i figure might as well share it incase anyone wants.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rektash said:
3 Red Rings of Death just destroyed all my hopes of playing SF IV in the next month. Thanks MS and fuck you kindly :-/
Join the club. I just shipped mine off to repairs yesterday. ಠ_ಠ @ MS.

This could have a direct affect on my SFIV related buying decisions. I don't know if I'm getting the 360 or PS3 version now, and I'm undecided on if I'll get the 360 fightpad, the Sega USB pad for the PS3, or just go with the stock controllers.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
GalacticAE said:
Cool. Off topic question:
I want this drawing on my stick
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/kandoken/ken-ukyaku.jpg
But it's too small when I apply it to the TE template. Is there some way to enlarge it and preserve the quality? I've asked the artist for a high-res version or the original .psd file. But just in case he doesn't have them, I'd like to know if it's possible.

If its not 300 dpi you dont want to print it big, bad things will happen.

Theres resizing options in Photoshop that help, but trust me, you dont wanna deal with 72 dpi for print.

Thanks a lot for the templates MarkMan! Sorry again I got all emo on the other thread :)

Sh0k

After one afternoon of hard work, $12., some arcade left overs and a trip to Kinko's to print the artwork, I finish my joystick project. Also went to Best Buy and picked up a Mad Catz GamePad. Now bring on Street Fighter IV !

dsc01059192.jpg

That came out pretty well Shok. It's extremely large but looks to have the goodness of a Happ stick...

Markman please deliver us from the Jap sticks (no offense to the Japanese people or their wonderful electronic products like Playstation, Nintendo Entertainment System, etc).

ashism said:
I bought the 360 version. The cthulu is for ps3/pc.
Buy them here

Toodles also does trades, check the cthulhu thread on srk.

So I take the 360 stick and add the cthulu and it'll work on the PS3? I'm guessing I'll have to do some soldering to make it work right?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
First commercial/trailer just aired on Spike. Awesome :) Hope there's more throughout the UFC fights

ashism

bdizzle said:
So I take the 360 stick and add the cthulu and it'll work on the PS3? I'm guessing I'll have to do some soldering to make it work right?
Depends, check the tech section in srk, seems like there are some threads being put up in preparation for a tutorial. Nothing complete yet, but there will be it seems.

Top Bottom