• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Darkman M

How do i make abel suffer? is thier anyway to stop his little 3 hit throw Combo? I still haven't figured him out yet. i play with boxer now btw.

Darkman M said:
How do i make abel suffer? is thier anyway to stop his little 3 hit throw Combo? I still haven't figured him out yet. i play with boxer now btw.
It's very punishable if you block the first hit. Try headbutting before the second hit comes out.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Askia47 said:
Good Games RevenantKioku, you have a good Sakura and Rose. Idk what happened with the invite the first time though.
Thanks! Those Rose vs. Cammy fights were goddamn intense! Like a fucking dance each time.
I'm liking working on both Rose and Sakura because they are entirely different to play as. I need to spend more time with both of them in the Hard Trials but I can't pull off the first one in either of theirs!

Shadow780

Wow either Live has more assholes or I've been very lucky.

Very few of my ranked matches ended up in disconnect, most people I fought take defeats graciously on the PSN.

Course I still got "faggot" messages, but that's better disconnects I guess :)

So, does anyone know how to actually get your high arcade score posted on the leaderboards (PS3 ver)? I'm able to see high scores for a couple of my friends, and I've smashed their scores many times, during the 30+ times I've beaten arcade mode, while unlocking everything. Do I have to play through it, with online arcade challengers turned on? I can't get through a single match without someone joining, when I turn challengers on.

Darkman M

Shadow780 said:

Very few of my ranked matches ended up in disconnect, most people I fought take defeats graciously on the PSN.

:lol doubt it... theres already an notorious guy on psn known to all forgot his name, but there is full of fun in this thread

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=177192&page=41

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Shadow780 said:

Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of disconnects.
But I have seen a lot more Sagats as of late. I need to go into training and practice reflecting his damn fireballs. Zangief sucks ass, but at least I can play the turtle game to an extent with him before I lose. Sagat just punishes me from any zone he is at.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I gotta say I've been very lucky with disconnects (probably less than 5 in 300 matches). Only one message, too: "fuckn pussy"

Maybe down at my level nobody really cares about the rank anyway.

CPS2

Darkman M said:
Interesting, so after blocking the first hit it becomes punishable?

I don't think the headbutt is a good idea. It's not guaranteed after blocking the first or 2nd hit, it only works after the 3rd. Since they can mix in overheads, you won't be able to charge a headbutt. Throw or crouching jab has more priority and should work after blocking any of the hits.

Today some guy was going to take me out in the 3rd round, and man did he abuse me pretty badly that round. He had like 85% of his life left and I had around 10-15 before I lost connection with the guy. I didn't plug pull, it just happened although he probably thinks otherwise. I think this is the 2nd time I've been saved by a lost connection when I was about to taste defeat :lol

In other news, I decided to buy a Hori Fighting Stick 3 instead of a Mad Catz fight pad. After thinking about it for like a week. I figured that I'd rather go with a different experience instead of a slightly better game pad. It wasn't easy because I've always felt that I played better on a pad. But I've never owned a fight stick either so it wasn't like I've ever had time to practice and improve with one. Hopefully it works out for me.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shadow780 said:

I don't think I've ever had a disconnect either, and I play on XBL. The worst thing that happened was when a guy starting clowning on Rufus, calling his friend in the room, "Hey dude, come in here. This guy picked some big, ugly fatass! Look at his belly!" And that was actually kind of funny.

Maybe that's only because I'm still in the <1000 BP club.

Darkman M said:
Interesting, so after blocking the first hit it becomes punishable?

If you block the first hit, FOCUS ATTACK. No Abel player should be dumb enough to follow up if the first hit is blocked though. If they expect the focus attack, watch out for the EX kick.

CPS2

FindMyFarms said:
If you block the first hit, FOCUS ATTACK. No Abel player should be dumb enough to follow up if the first hit is blocked though. If they expect the focus attack, watch out for the EX kick.

cr.LPx2>cr.LK>HP headbutt>ultra is guaranteed.

harSon

Banned
Just started playing again, I've probably played roughly 5-6 hours altogether now. I'm maining Balrog and was wondering if someone could tell me all the ways in which I can retain a charge? For example, holding back or holding back/down.

Chorazin

harSon said:
Just started playing again, I've probably played roughly 5-6 hours altogether now. I'm maining Balrog and was wondering if someone could tell me all the ways in which I can retain a charge? For example, holding back or holding back/down.

Back, Back-Down, Back-Up

Learn to do Headbutt with Back>Back Up or Down Back>Back Up, you'll keep charge for future moves IE an Ultra.

NYR

Yaaa, got my 10 ranked wins on a row trophy! With that one, I have all of the trophy's One can get from ranked and thank god. With that said, I take this opportunity to annouce my retirement from ranked play. Player matches, oh player matches, with your kind people and little to no disconnectors, I look forward to not getting pissed at the flaws of this game anymore!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Those with the game on both systems, which do find generally has the best players? For me it's been Xbox 360 all the way. I just played some ranked matches on PSN, and every player I played against with the same BP or higher than BP than me -save one good Blanka player- SUCKED. I mean really, really STUNK. HARD. Worse than flowchart Ken even. How do these people even get this many points; it's baffling! o_O

Had fun against one loser Ken player. Typical stupid "psyche out" garbage; he waits for me to pick (I don't care; I go right for Chun-Li), then goes down to the SF2 bosses for a bit, then hovers over Guile for 15 seconds before going to Ken. So I did the same thing back to him on the stage select screen and hovered over a few stages until the timer was about to run out, then went right to random. :lol Dude fell for nothing but kikokens and crouching roundhouses in the corner over and over again. Somehow he had 2500+ BP.

Then I played my first-ever SAKURA-scrub. This guy would just "spam" uppercuts all day and keep dashing towards me -letting me throw him every time- over and over.

Are they drunk? High? That would explain a lot, but then I've played dudes all smoked out who did muuuuuch better than that.

Lyte Edge said:
Those with the game on both systems, which do find generally has the best players? For me it's been Xbox 360 all the way. I just played some ranked matches on PSN, and every player I played against with the same BP or higher than BP than me -save one good Blanka player- SUCKED. I mean really, really STUNK. HARD. Worse than flowchart Ken even. How do these people even get this many points; it's baffling! o_O

i agree, better players are on the 360, but my 360 stick is broken so i'm not playing on there as much. i once had a string of awesome players on 360 with around 4-5,000 BP. I have yet to run into any "dominating" players on psn that wasn't a GAFfer/s

daegan

Lyte Edge said:

Had fun against one loser Ken player. Typical stupid "psyche out" garbage; he waits for me to pick (I don't care; I go right for Chun-Li), then goes down to the SF2 bosses for a bit, then hovers over Guile for 15 seconds before going to Ken. So I did the same thing back to him on the stage select screen and hovered over a few stages until the timer was about to run out, then went right to random. :lol Dude fell for nothing but kikokens and crouching roundhouses in the corner over and over again. Somehow he had 2500+ BP.

Then I played my first-ever SAKURA-scrub. This guy would just "spam" uppercuts all day and keep dashing towards me -letting me throw him every time- over and over.

Are they drunk? High? That would explain a lot, but then I've played dudes all smoked out who did muuuuuch better than that.

For a second I was like "GOD I HOPE I'M NOT THAT SAKURA SCRUB" but then I remembered I didn't get thrown a lot in any of the matches. Maybe I'm wrong. You didn't play tinderboxjubilee, did you?

Shadow780 said:
Wait, why would you guys buy both versions in the first place?

friends on both :D

i also have 1 stick for the ps3 and a fightpad and 2 sticks for the 360 (both of which are broken) that damn game cost me $400 bucks.......and i dont regret anything about it:D

Lost Fragment said:
I hardly ever got any disconnectors when I played Cammy mostly on Ranked. But now that I play Gen a lot, 3 out of every 10 matches it's all like

207ay46.jpg

Why would he drop only after losing a round. :lol

And a close one at that.

Lyte Edge

gutter_trash said:
how did u like round 1 flowchart Ken, lyteedge?

I got U WITH FLOWCHART DAN in the other match lolol.

Feels like I'm getting used to playing keep-a-way against Boxer n' Blanka, but your Honda...MAN! :lol

Sorry about the amount of Dan usage!

Holy shit.. Tonight owned!

I won all my ranked match games tonight and boosted from 1700's to 2182. That is the highest I have ever been even with my other character who I thought I was better with (Vega)

I used Fuerte to get to 2182.

I was doing great tonight against people with 2400+ I was so happy.

I did lose to a really good Akuma who I just couldn't get near without being raped thanks to air fireball and uppercuts.

I also almost lost to a Vega that just did wall jumps.. I couldn't counter the shit.. had no idea what to do.. thankfully I got 1 knockdown and got him in a Tostada string and raped him.

1 guy told me "You are the best Fuerte player I've seen online yet" and I was so proud :D

Another told me "SPAMMMMM" because he couldn't get out of a Tostada press loop (yet its so easily counterable). I replied back that i only do it to people who have no clue how to get out of it.

Anyways... Any pointers on Fuerte vs Vega.. Vega just keeps wall jumping and I don't think I have a good counter for it.

I'm so happy!

Lyte Edge

EraldoCoil said:
i agree, better players are on the 360, but my 360 stick is broken so i'm not playing on there as much. i once had a string of awesome players on 360 with around 4-5,000 BP. I have yet to run into any "dominating" players on psn that wasn't a GAFfer/s

Yeah. I guess a lot of the best players are just doing player matches with their friends or playing offline. I never run into awesome players such as gutter_trash, who I just played.

I needed to wash the taste of crap out of my mouth, so I played some rounds against him. And I feel much better now. :D

daegan said:
For a second I was like "GOD I HOPE I'M NOT THAT SAKURA SCRUB" but then I remembered I didn't get thrown a lot in any of the matches. Maybe I'm wrong. You didn't play tinderboxjubilee, did you?

Nope. I doubt anyone on this forum could be as bad as that player was.

Man I gotta get to sleep. So tired tonight.

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah. I guess a lot of the best players are just doing player matches with their friends or playing offline. I never run into awesome players such as gutter_trash, who I just played.

I needed to wash the taste of crap out of my mouth, so I played some rounds against him. And I feel much better now. :D

yeah i played gutter_trash a few nights ago, i managed to win maybe 3 or 4 rounds max.......but he i got tooled in almost every way,shape and form by that guy. Playing these guys helps my game out a lot though. :D

Lyte Edge said:
Those with the game on both systems, which do find generally has the best players? For me it's been Xbox 360 all the way.

my SHITTY friends 38 ranked win streak begs to differ :lol i sat there and watched him beat these people one after the other over the span of 2 sessions...this is the same guy i perfect almost every time i play him at his house. and i am an by no means an expert.

Stantron

Lyte Edge said:
:lol Nice.

One time I had an opponent go straight to El Fuerte, wait for me to pick, then dart to Ken. He must think that Elf is the perceived weakest choice, so that's his strategy. :lol Maybe he hasn't ran into any one like TurtleSnatcher yet.

Lyte Edge said:

I needed to wash the taste of crap out of my mouth, so I played some rounds against him. And I feel much better now. :D .

muhaha the Balrog jabs to a Time Out, that was funny. I need to improve him, my Rog is sloppy. Same with my Blanka, jesus was my Blanka sloppy today.

My Honda is more disciplined thatn my Rog and Blanka.
Bison, he is great to control air-space and to EX Stomp people on razors edge of life bar to win matches

what up with all the Dan selections? I always get self-conscious when people select Dan, like if it's some sort of message haha

Lyte Edge

gutter_trash said:
muhaha the Balrog jabs to a Time Out, that was funny. I need to improve him, my Rog is sloppy. Same with my Blanka, jesus was my Blanka sloppy today.

My Honda is more disciplined thatn my Rog and Blanka.
Bison, he is great to control air-space and to EX Stomp people on razors edge of life bar to win matches

Haha, that Bison match was soooo close! Loved it!

I felt sloppy with Cammy tonight. I was so damn excited when I got your Honda with her in the last match the last time we played, then you straight-up destroyed me this time! :lol

what up with all the Dan selections? I always get self-conscious when people select Dan, like if it's some sort of message haha

You don't have to worry about that when playing me! :lol I like me some Dan every now and then.

RevenantKioku

I hope some of you are available when I get home in like... whenever my boss realize it's time to drive me home from work.

lupin23rd

Finally getting better and getting on winning streaks (got to 4 before a crazy good Dhalsim wrecked me, earning himself 1 BP in the process - he had like 6000).

Don't like that matchup with my Balrog, and also didn't have much success against Guile although that's one I think I can play better on.

Anyone on PSN play a good Guile (or Dhalsim) that would be up for some matches (from tomorrow, I'm going to bed lol)? My PSN ID is same as my username, lupin23rd.

Lyte Edge said:

I can't speak about XBL, but PSN is REALLY weird. Most people I've played in rank that have up to about 3000 BP just boggle my mind, because I'm like how did you get that much bP?!!?! you succcckkk!!!! But once you start playing people in the 4000 BP and up range, seems like everyone is a BEAST with Sagat, and just rush down the hell out of you. Being a balrog player myself, being out played into turtling against Sagat just sucks, and I still have no answer :( I always feel weird when I get force into playing defensively, since I'm so used to abusing people that turtle(on ranked).

drohne said:
huh -- i do airthrow a fair bit, but i've never tried it against blanka's arcing ball, and i was under the impression that it tends to lose to the headstomp. i'll have to give it a try

Air throw loses against headstomp if you don't meet it at the summit or on the way up. A lot of Bisons tend to send telegraphs when it comes to this.

And getting down the timing on airthrowing the rainbow blanka ball was one of my better time investments.

lupin23rd said:
Anyone on PSN play a good Guile (or Dhalsim) that would be up for some matches (from tomorrow, I'm going to bed lol)? My PSN ID is same as my username, lupin23rd.

I'll add you tomorrow, but I don't know how much I'll be playing yet. This game gets in the way of too much work :(.

On the topic of where the best players are, I've been finding stiffer competition lately in ranked. People are starting to come to grips with different characters. I even fought a 3K Rufus who was as good as his point total.

Almost time to learn a new character, GAF. Chun-Li or Honda? I've got a bit of background with both.

Is there a good video of 2 pro's playing turtle characters. I've seen plenty of videos with pro's but I've yet to see one that featured 2 characters that are both known to be turtles. Basically is there a video with pro's playing characters like Dictator, Claw, Dhalsim, Akuma, or anybody else that has that keep away style?

RevenantKioku

Aw, don't go to sleep, people. It's the perfect time to play! :D

Top Bottom