• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
PhatSaqs said:
Sagat, Gief, Rog and Bison are pretty much all I see. Some Blanka as well. I did run into an awesome Sim the other day.
I ran into a Sim with over 9k BP on Saturday. I got double perfected, lol.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Archie said:
I ran into a Sim with over 9k BP on Saturday. I got double perfected, lol.
Cant remember his BP but I spanked him the first time in ranked and he quickly sent a message saying "player match that shit back!". :lol
We went first to 20...... I won 7 games.

edit: Tag is Pajaromayor

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
In my defense, I was goofing off with Rufus. I'm sure I would have at least hit him a few times if I were playing Blanka.

Brannon

Rummy Bunnz said:
I lost a ton today. I'm starting to think Cammy really kinda sucks. I mean, I always kinda thought that, but the more I play the more I wish I had all the cool tricks all the other guys have. So jealous of everyone who can juggle into their ultra! Anyone who has good special moves that are safe on block! Anyone that has an overhead! So jealous! Grass is always greener I guess.

EX Hooligan! (it came from across the world, a perfect ass of DESTRUCTION. Cammy.)

shut up it's a good move.

Zapages

Anyone on PSN want to play me... I haven't been practicing a bit here and there...

My PSN is Zapages

I am going to be playing later today as well.. Let me know please. :)

Rektash

Hi Gaf, a question concerning Balrog:

What to do after Head to connect the Ultra properly? I seem to manage to connect them but the ultra is always just one hit, not the full ultra like I saw in various youtube videos. Any advise?

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
Rummy Bunnz said:
I lost a ton today. I'm starting to think Cammy really kinda sucks. I mean, I always kinda thought that, but the more I play the more I wish I had all the cool tricks all the other guys have. So jealous of everyone who can juggle into their ultra! Anyone who has good special moves that are safe on block! Anyone that has an overhead! So jealous! Grass is always greener I guess.

I have to agree with you dude. Im to the point of learning another character. Im confused how capcom put her in this game with NO OVERHEADS and NO SAFE SPECIALS. You can jungle into her ultra but ive found the timing online to be pretty wonky with her. Most other characters are much more forgiving. IMO its better to Focus crumple into it.

Guile is a complete monster against cammy. Ive had a couple of guys who never left the db position cause they knew they didnt need too. I hope this isnt just me having trouble winning with her.

CPS2

Rektash said:
Hi Gaf, a question concerning Balrog:

What to do after Head to connect the Ultra properly? I seem to manage to connect them but the ultra is always just one hit, not the full ultra like I saw in various youtube videos. Any advise?

1st hit connects, 2nd hit whiffs, hold any kick button after that.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
Brannon said:
EX Hooligan! (it came from across the world, a perfect ass of DESTRUCTION. Cammy.)

shut up it's a good move.

I wish it was. If it threw low it would be a great move. Its intimidating to see at a mid/low level of play, but anyone worth a damn you cant trick em into throwing a fireball from across the screen. and at the point it becomes worthless. At a high level anyone can punish the hooligan on reaction with any low move. And also easily dashed.

CPS2

I don't think Gouken is that good, or he's really hard to use. He just has really bad pokes and it's damn hard to set up his 623+P or ultra. I know you can back throw into ultra, but getting in close is a real problem, everyone just tech throws, his blocked strings seem poor as well and he can't really tick. 623+P goes through fireballs but people know this as well. The best way I've found to get in is to do the dive kick, then punch to air-focus, but that's so risky. If you have 3 bars then you can start doing FADCs and it's easier to get in, but still it comes down to having to actually connect with the throw or the launcher, very difficult.

Has anyone got any tactics with him? Or even videos of good Gouken players?

Kccitystar

I'm trying to do Guile's challenges but I cannot get the timing of the charge moves down, especially on those that require you to jump towards the opponent. I try to hold back as I'm starting to jump then do the required punch/kick then the charged attack but it's not working for me.

A couple other charge characters have attacks like these and I think a big flaw with the combo challenges is that they do not give you a demonstration as to how the combo should be executed or when to do a certain move. I've looked at the youtube videos and it requires some riduclous precision/dexterity :lol

any tips?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
haunts have you done a Blanka video yet?

Akuma didnt work out too well for me, fucking sagat destroys me when I'm akuma...I have a chance with blanka though as long as the other player is not great.

Got my 10 ranked wins in a row achievement last night!

Zapages said:
Anyone on PSN want to play me... I haven't been practicing a bit here and there...

My PSN is Zapages

I am going to be playing later today as well.. Let me know please. :)
add me PSN: JeRkY

my style is Sumo Dictatorship

Dreavus

You know I used to think you guys were nuts complaining about all the Kens you have to face online... Until I got the game and tried it myself. I just fought 6 Ken players in a row :lol

dfyb

Banned
Dreavus said:
You know I used to think you guys were nuts complaining about all the Kens you have to face online... Until I got the game and tried it myself. I just fought 6 Ken players in a row :lol
sometimes it's a blessing. some of my biggest bounties have come from ken and sagat players who just aren't that good, but get wins and have high BP. i yanked 128 BP from a Ken like 10 minutes ago in one fight (i bumped him down from 5k back into the 4k range :p).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
oh this is cool. i lost exactly 100 matches in a row now. wow, time to accidentally fall into the sewer and then accidentally live there forever. i belong in the sewer. someone come corral me and put me into the sewer please.

dfyb

Banned
Timedog said:
oh this is cool. i lost exactly 100 matches in a row now. wow, time to accidentally fall into the sewer and then accidentally live there forever. i belong in the sewer. someone come corral me and put me into the sewer please.
what character are you picking?

Skilotonn said:
I'm on his last one myself, and I posted this on the page before you asked as an answer to our Balrog troubles with Dash Upper which I found out myself, but this guy tested it out fully:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=181005

You're lucky at least to have some sort of alternative to pass it, but I'm stuck with the regular 360 pad and the Hori EX2 since I'm STILL waiting for the damn TE stick to ship in Europe...

I'm going to try again today for the first time in a few days to get his last Hard trial done...

It's the game - check the link I posted, and you'll see that with certain moves, anything that wasn't performed 100% right will get you something else completely different, even if you completed the move correctly but added an extra diagonal...

Yeah...thanks for posting this. It was driving me crazy. And with the way pads work...it's hit or miss.

And I guess...to my benefit...is I love SF and the Markman virus...so I've bought more than a half dozen sticks in the last eight months.

It's basically an input issue. I was able to do it once in a blue moon with the pad. Just have to be precise. Which is sometimes difficult with the pad.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
dfyb said:
invite dfyb on PSN if you want practice against fuerte. no mirror matches, please. i'm decent but can't do RSF.

no, i don't have psn. i play on xbox 2 because i'm sewer and garbage.

rager

Banned
Been havng a blast with Blanka. I destroy all the scrubby ryu/ken/akumas. Its amazing how some of them can have 2k+ bp. :lol

Yeah...what's so bad about Gouken...that he needs to be banned? The average player isn't going to be able to fully utilize him. And other than throw into ultra...what else does he have? Akuma in HD Remix...sort of understandable (raging demon glitches, damage, air fireball traps...properties on fireball and shoto moves).

I wonder if any Japanese players will be coming to Evo this year and create a splash like the Urien or Yun revelations in TS?

tzare

When you say Dictator, what character are you talking about?
BTW, why didn't capcom make online battles character selection like in SF2HD so you cannot see your rivals character? many people wait until you pick and choose afterwards being that an advantage, and i won't wait 30 seconds to choose every time i play ranked matches.

btw, i play guile i feel safe with him XD and tired of shotos. Is fei long any good? XD

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
jibblypop said:
That is so lousy. I hate being able to pull it off in HD remix and not in 4. I wish they would just patch the game.

Yeah, it does suck big time, especially in the beginning where I used to put all the blame on the d-pad, forgetting how easy everything used to come out before in HDRemix and SF: Anniversary Collection...

But being aware of it helps a lot, as it makes you try harder to nail the moves perfectly...

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah...thanks for posting this. It was driving me crazy. And with the way pads work...it's hit or miss.

And I guess...to my benefit...is I love SF and the Markman virus...so I've bought more than a half dozen sticks in the last eight months.

It's basically an input issue. I was able to do it once in a blue moon with the pad. Just have to be precise. Which is sometimes difficult with the pad.

It took me at least 25 minutes, maybe more, but I FINALLY beat Balrog's last Trial - after coming so close so often, I had the idea of using my wired 360 pad which is a pad I never use so the d-pad is stiff as hell, and I got it...

Went on to beating Guile's last Hard Trial with my loose d-pad off of that momentum as well...

So happy now despite being pissed that I should have had these trials done so long ago!

But holy crap my thumb is so raw right now... :(

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Spiderjericho said:
Reminds me of Geese Howard's counters. You have a small window to land them. Blue Mary and Yamazaki had large windows to land counters.

Gouken is a difficult character to play with. His standing fierce, low forward, throw>>>super/ultra are good...but what else?

Eh, the window isn't *that* small, especially against jump-in happy opponents. The timing reminds me of Karin's counters in Alpha 3 actually. I couldn't really advise any tactics on him that aren't obvious, like zoning w/ his fireballs (works way more than I ever thought it would to be honest) and doing everything in your power to land an EX rushing punch to pop people in the air and FADC the 2nd hit into combo of choice.

Also, what is the timing for his rushing punch to slide through fireballs? Haven't been able to gauge it enough to know on reaction.

Ever since I started using him online, I've been steady losing BP's but it's all good. He's the most fun I've had with a "shoto" since Hyper Fighting.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Spiderjericho said:
Yeah...what's so bad about Gouken...that he needs to be banned? The average player isn't going to be able to fully utilize him. And other than throw into ultra...what else does he have? Akuma in HD Remix...sort of understandable (raging demon glitches, damage, air fireball traps...properties on fireball and shoto moves).

I wonder if any Japanese players will be coming to Evo this year and create a splash like the Urien or Yun revelations in TS?

He's not banned... there was just talk of him being possibly banned because he was a secret boss in the arcade version, and no one knew if he'd be balanced or not. FWIW they were also talking about banning Seth at the same time. Shinblanka (the guy who runs the Final Round tournies) initially banned Gouken and Seth pre-console release, but then lifted the ban as soon as he realized that they weren't broken.

Japanese players will be at Evo this year. From what I have heard, on the Capcom side, Mago and Umehara are interested in going. For Soulcalibur 4 there seems to be two or three players who are seriously considering attending, since the scene for SC in Japan is very uh, non-existent.

CPS2

bob_arctor said:
Also, what is the timing for his rushing punch to slide through fireballs? Haven't been able to gauge it enough to know on reaction.

It's very leniant, the whole dash/startup part of it goes straight through them.

I really hope Mago is going to EVO btw...

Top Bottom