• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
ShinAmano said:
Shit I didn't even realize that today is new costume day! YAY!

Fei Long's alt is made of 100% Rocking Style and Manly Man Awesome (Sauce).

Though on the trials: is there any possible advice for Gen's damned rising kick? It's ridiculous but Gen is the only character who's trials I cannot finish... due to that kick. Getting all 8 (is it 8?) hits to come out is impossible, I cannot figure out the tapping speed.

Kaijima said:
Fei Long's alt is made of 100% Rocking Style and Manly Man Awesome (Sauce).

Though on the trials: is there any possible advice for Gen's damned rising kick? It's ridiculous but Gen is the only character who's trials I cannot finish... due to that kick. Getting all 8 (is it 8?) hits to come out is impossible, I cannot figure out the tapping speed.
It tends to get SLIGHTLY slower. took me forever to get it as well..

Won

FindMyFarms said:
Bump for 1st page longetivity

Just make a real post...like how fucking broken Sagat is and how stupid Zangief is.

Like this:

Sagat is fucking broken!
Zangief is fucking stupid!

See that easy! And its true!

Kai Dracon

JEKKI said:
omg did anybody see this or did anybody already post this?!?!?!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6308556&postcount=1217

comedy gold!!!!

(btw, it's online hate mail FYI lol)

chinks and fags!!

I don't know if anyone on GAF has gotten one of these but quite a few people have gotten hate messages on Live after a match that they win that involved them using FADC, especially FADC > Ultra combo. Evidently lots of people playing online think FADC is a "hack" and that the person using it is a cheater with a modded console or such.

Which, to be fair, I suppose if you don't understand all the game mechanics you'd think it's a glitch or hack if you see a guy do a fully charged focus attack, then flash and instantly snap out of it to combo your face or make you eat an Ultra for free.

Stantron

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wish I could help but man.. I'm decent in this game and haven't even gotten past any of the hard trials.. and some of the normal ones..

I don't even have a character icon yet. Its sad :(

Its just so frustrating how some of these combos are.. And people tell me "Count frames" like wtf does that even me to me..

:X
Yeah, I kinda wished linking combos did not require such exact precision. No way am I going to be able to pull this combo off in a real match. The game should be at least a little more lenient IMO.

I don't know what it is, but I think I'm immune to "cheap" hatemail.

I was playing on my cousins account (he just got the game, so lowish bp) and hopped onto XBL using Abel. I played against 4 people in a row, all under 1000 BP. I got perfects in EVERY single round just doing crossup mk., tornado throw. I swear I didn't do anything else. and I was really thinking, damn, I'm gonna get some hatemail lol. But nothing!

JEKKI

BotoxAgent said:
hey guys, what's the best tactic against a turtling Blanka? (my main are Chun Li and Dhalsim)

I hate it when they just sit there in the corner and just charge up and wait for me. I still win most of the time, but it's always pretty heated.
fireballs, seriously.

I think both characters recover fast enough to block if Blanka does EX roll thru them.

also with Dhalsim u can punish a blanka ball with standing fierce whether you block the attack or it hits you!

seriously, it sucks lol. I use Blanka, I never want to throw a ball against Sim.

jibblypop

Banned
haha today I was sure I was going to get a hatemail when I saw a message after playing someone but instead it just said "GG ontario!! :) " because my name is torontodowntown..
i was very pleased for once for a nice message instead of some homophobic rant.

Oh one other thing. Apparently I should never play Street Fighter 4 while drunk. Yesterday before going to the bar my BP score was 2600.. I was pretty drunk so I don't remember much about playing after I got home from the bar but I most have played and REALLY sucked because now my BP score is 1100.. haha I laughed my ass off when I saw that this morning! :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Kaijima said:
I don't know if anyone on GAF has gotten one of these but quite a few people have gotten hate messages on Live after a match that they win that involved them using FADC, especially FADC > Ultra combo. Evidently lots of people playing online think FADC is a "hack" and that the person using it is a cheater with a modded console or such.

Which, to be fair, I suppose if you don't understand all the game mechanics you'd think it's a glitch or hack if you see a guy do a fully charged focus attack, then flash and instantly snap out of it to combo your face or make you eat an Ultra for free.
I got hate for doing a 30 second TAP through Ryu's ultra. good times.

LowParry

Kaijima said:

Wait, you've got this as well? :lol

Kai Dracon

CcrooK said:
Wait, you've got this as well? :lol

"MOTHERF**KER! F**KING HACKER! U F**KING HACKER! HACK LIKE A BITCH! F**K U! HACK THAT SH*T UP! COME OVER HERE F**KING HACKER!! HACK MY F**KING SUPER!!"

Dude, I've seen people flip out over TECH THROWS and start screaming (via voice mail) that it's L33T HAXORing the game because their throw attempt bounced off.

Someone I know even got a guy who thought that super cancels were a glitch, and another who screamed about low roundhouse trips being a cheap move.

Beardz

Damn, I love being Boxer, he is the reason I love SF4... I have so much fun with him, I love playing againts shotos, akuma players keep running all time, spamming fireballs.

Combo + buffalo hb + ultra = sex :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kaijima said:
"MOTHERF**KER! F**KING HACKER! U F**KING HACKER! HACK LIKE A BITCH! F**K U! HACK THAT SH*T UP! COME OVER HERE F**KING HACKER!! HACK MY F**KING SUPER!!"

Dude, I've seen people flip out over TECH THROWS and start screaming (via voice mail) that it's L33T HAXORing the game because their throw attempt bounced off.

Someone I know even got a guy who thought that super cancels were a glitch, and another who screamed about low roundhouse trips being a cheap move.
I hope that the PS3 never gets hate email... im gonna cry so much ;_;
Also im expecting some hate mail from McBradders once he gets the game for PS3...
Its on McBradders... oh its on!

LowParry

Kaijima said:

I think the best move for that kind of reaction is Balrogs TAP move. I get hate for that move when I use it past fireballs or Ultras. It's a force to be reckoned with.

Trying to get to Seth with Dahlsim was making me cry.
Trying to BEAT Seth as Dhalsim is making me wish I was still crying

Any suggestion here, I can ace the first round but I'm no where near getting him on the 2nd

FUCK YES, I BEAT YEB

ONCE

OUT OF NINE MATCHES

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And I like how we had a stare down after Dhalsim's Ultra and Rose's Super cancelled each other out at point blank range, wondering for a few seconds what just happened before resuming the fight. Lawl.

MIMIC

Banned
Just noticed a huge oversight in the game's design: button configuration change before a match. Not all of my characters have the same button configuration and it prohibits me from switching characters if I'm playing the same person.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
FindMyFarms said:
Here's the situation :

I'm Balrog
He's Sagat

How do I win. Help please.

low roundhouse hits below high fireball

Whenever I play vs. CPU Sagat on Hardest, I usually win perfect unless he tries to tiger knee me to death.

I'm trying to master Balrog by doing all of those challenges with him. I got all gold on survival and hold a 6 ranked match win streak....yeah!

RedAssedApe

Banned
MIMIC said:
Just noticed a huge oversight in the game's design: button configuration change before a match. Not all of my characters have the same button configuration and it prohibits me from switching characters if I'm playing the same person.

I don't know if that's really a huge oversight. I wouldn't think that too many people keep switching their controls even when using a pad. You need to get a 6 button pad or a stick. Conspiracy by Capcom to make you buy more stuff. :D

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Is there anyway to set side preference? I prefer to be on the 2p side. When playing online, sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. What determines this?

RedAssedApe

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
Is there anyway to set side preference? I prefer to be on the 2p side. When playing online, sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. What determines this?

I'm pretty sure that host is always 1P side. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MIMIC

Banned
henhowc said:
I don't know if that's really a huge oversight. I wouldn't think that too many people keep switching their controls even when using a pad. You need to get a 6 button pad or a stick. :D

True.

My main beef is when I switch to Blanka. When I want to sweep, is does a fucking backflip :lol I main with Guile and the button configs that I use for both GREATLY differ.

Guile: 3 kicks and 3 punches on right side (bumper and trigger)
Blanka: 3 kicks and 3 punches on left side (bumper and trigger)

RedAssedApe

Banned
MIMIC said:
True.

My main beef is when I switch to Blanka. When I want to sweep, is does a fucking backflip :lol I main with Guile and the button configs that I use for both GREATLY differ.

True, I can see how there might be a need to switch between triggers and face buttons. When I used the pad I would always debate over whether or not I would want to put MP or HP on the face buttons. The left trigger was basically the bane of my existence...its like you're playing with 5 buttons...from SNES, 3DO, Playstation, and 360. :lol The introduction of the extra trigger/bumper buttons in the PS3 and 360 make things even worse...not to mention the PPP and KKK requirement of ultras and some specials.

Not to try and sell you on a stick or anything but I'm so happy with mine now. Although now I have one less excuse when I lose. :D

From fifteen years of SNES and PS fighters (other than Soul Calibur) comes the best configuration:

Square/Y = Heavy Punch
X/B = Heavy Kick
Triangle/X = Light Punch
Circle/A = Light Kick

R1/R = Medium Kick; R2 = 3K
L1/L = Medium Punch; L2 = 3P

Works like a charm. I get WTF's for that setup, though.

It has made FA's a little worse for me though. Getting better at them, but not a huge part of my game really.

RedAssedApe

Banned
JEKKI said:
fireballs, seriously.

I think both characters recover fast enough to block if Blanka does EX roll thru them.

also with Dhalsim u can punish a blanka ball with standing fierce whether you block the attack or it hits you!

seriously, it sucks lol. I use Blanka, I never want to throw a ball against Sim.

I've been trying to main Dhalsim. (Like JEKKI said) any Blankas I face learn real fast not to randomly ball even with EX LOL. At worst you get hit but can still catch them with standing fierce on the recoil of the ball.

I've also had a lot of success with jumpy Blankas with B+HK and B+MP anti-airs. The only thing that catches me off guard occasionally is his fierce slide since I'm not used to having to block low when zoning with Sim. :\

kiryogi

Banned
Arpharmd B said:
You guys should be playing for satifaction, playing to get better, having an awesome fight and walking away with that adrenaline high. Working on execution, losing a fight because you got outplayed, learning, getting better. That's the heart of SF, you will maximize enjoyment that way.

Not bottom feeding for BP :(

Late post but I absolutely agree with this for the most part. Thing is, that's more so the tournament mentality isn't it? Some people just play to win or for fun. I'm happy to say myself for the first time in my history of playing fighting games I'm actually taking on the above mentality of learning from my losses. I see exactly what went wrong, and try to make good judgment. Of course, it's still pretty rough to have a clear idea when you're in the heat of battle. But I never feel like I was cheated out of a loss and I just take what I can from the fight and move on from there.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
henhowc said:
I'm pretty sure that host is always 1P side. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So how does hosting work anyway? If I'm playing SP arcade and someone online interrupts...does the person w/ the highest upload speed default to host?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Yay. Finally got my 10 wins in a row achievement, Gouken-style. Also got my BP up again--I had lost tons getting used to the old man and was down to a paltry 700 or so. One good run last night, back to 1800+. 2K would be nice at some point. Gotta take a few days off though. Resident Evil 5 is getting ignored and that just ain't right.

JEKKI

Holy Order Sol said:
I use Dictator. When desperate Ryu players go for chip damage with an Ultra across the screen, it's teleport time. Hilarity ensues.
I dont care what character you're using...

if Ryu's gonna do ultra from across the screen he's dead no matter what.

JEKKI said:
I dont care what character you're using...

if Ryu's gonna do ultra from across the screen he's dead no matter what.

Seriously. That's why I call them desperate.
The teleport is what gets that "wtf omg hax" reaction out of them though.

On a sidenote: kind of felt bad for Won's El Fuerte today. Dude had the shittiest of luck against my Dhalsim. :lol

Two standout moments: El Fuerte succesfully bumrushed me one round, I had trouble getting out of there and he managed to dizzy me with his running sweep. I had very little health to spare at that point, BUT right before that sweep connected, I pulled out Dhalsim's Ultra and El Fuerte naturally couldn't block it at all. The end result: I got out of that dizzy with no pressure at all (any hit would've been enough to finish me off) and I think I somehow even won that round.

Won's second mishap: I did the Ultra at a bad time, El Fuerte effortlessly got behind me, Won did his Super as Dhalsim was wide-open, and again I got extremely lucky with only a sliver of health left. Here's what happened: El Fuerte's Super pushed the both of us towards the still active Ultra, and that fireball actually "cancelled" the Super before it got to the last part of its animation (the high-flying body press or whatever you call it). I could be wrong, but I don't think El Fuerte had much health left either when this occured, so again I somehow came out of that predicament victoriously when I really shouldn't have.

I couldn't help but laugh when Won lost two valuable rounds purely because of dumb luck.

Won

MicVlaD said:
On a sidenote: kind of felt bad for Won's El Fuerte today. Dude had the shittiest of luck against my Dhalsim. :lol

Two standout moments: El Fuerte succesfully bumrushed me one round, I had trouble getting out of there and he managed to dizzy me with his running sweep. I had very little health to spare at that point, BUT right before that sweep connected, I pulled out Dhalsim's Ultra and El Fuerte naturally couldn't block it at all. The end result: I got out of that dizzy with no pressure at all (any hit would've been enough to finish me off) and I think I somehow even won that round.

Won's second mishap: I did the Ultra at a bad time, El Fuerte effortlessly got behind me, Won did his Super as Dhalsim was wide-open, and again I got extremely lucky with only a sliver of health left. Here's what happened: El Fuerte's Super pushed the both of us towards the still active Ultra, and that fireball actually "cancelled" the Super before it got to the last part of its animation (the high-flying body press or whatever you call it). I could be wrong, but I don't think El Fuerte had much health left either when this occured, so again I somehow came out of that predicament victoriously when I really shouldn't have.

I couldn't help but laugh when Won lost two valuable rounds purely because of dumb luck.

You don't even know how bad my SF4 day was. Was ready to quit the game forever (and I still considering it. :( )

Went down from 3000 BP to 2000 BP somehow. Couldn't get past any Shoryukens from Kens and Ryus. Everytime I perfect someone in the first round people disconnect. And of top of that dozens of Ultras that I couldn't believe that they hit me.
And why in the world was everyone playing Blanka today????

Soooo frustrating. :/

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Augemitbutter said:
had a few ken, and only ken players quit on me today.

as if i care about their one BP.....

The last 8 Gief players who have been losing all dropped on me

Giefs and Sagat seems to be the most likely to drop these days

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The problem I'm finding with searching for 'more skilled' to try to fight good random people is that it requires you to play *all the time* to keep your BP sky high so that 'more skilled' actually finds good people.

I stopped playing ranked for a while, and now it is impossible for me to find tough competition because I only have 3500BP. I just played a balrog with like 4500BP who didn't even know he could punish blanka balls and threw out random ultras.

Is it worth grinding my way up to high BP? I think no...
I think I'm just completely done with playing randoms now and am only going to play people on my friend's list.

Arde5643

Won said:
You don't even know how bad my SF4 day was. Was ready to quit the game forever (and I still considering it. :( )

Went down from 3000 BP to 2000 BP somehow. Couldn't get past any Shoryukens from Kens and Ryus. Everytime I perfect someone in the first round people disconnect. And of top of that dozens of Ultras that I couldn't believe that they hit me.
And why in the world was everyone playing Blanka today????

Soooo frustrating. :/
Just take a break for a bit, man - I had to take a break for 3 days since I got so burnt out of SF4 last weekend. I've been playing SF4 religiously for more than a month; at least 1-2 hours every night and on weekends I play at least 8 hours.

It's the thing with fighting games and any competitive thing - the competitive adrenaline/spirit is a really nice thing to pump up for this type of games, but after a while it can really burn you out.
So take a few days off the game - don't look into the forums or any videos and just clear your mind off SF4 for a while.

Arde5643

arstal said:

Makes sense - once more people get to know the game, they figure out that Gief and Sagat are cheap and cheese characters to use for beginning play to quickly acquire early BP.

Xevren

arstal said:

Here I thought it was just me. I was playing against so many Sagat's and Gief's yesterday, damn near all of them dropped.

i stop playing this game for 4 days due to RE5 and i come back only to face like 10 sagats in a row. thats some shit right there, someone needs to replace that ken select screen with a sagat one.

Top Bottom