• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dizzy-4U said:
800k+ sold!!

I can't believe it yet, I'm so happy right now. It's beautiful to see the game doing this good. Hopefully this is an eye-opener for Capcom to revive other fighting franchises (Rival School PLZ PLZ PLZ!!) (they should probably fix the lobby issues first though :lol )

Yes, North America succeeds where Japan fails!

You know what this means.

Street Fighter 4: Round 2!

It ain't a complete Street Fighter experience until it goes through another revision!!

Just read through the last three pages. It's crazy how people can unearth glitches unintentionally and it become used for an intentional advantage.:lol

And wow...I didn't know there were people already with 20K BP (I still have 0).

Name Generated
...for the Gouken combo. You're going to need to buffer his super early. Do a qcf hard kick, qcf punch. It'll come out guaranteed. Or channel Japanese chi and do the kick and quickly execute the super motion.

I'm still stuck at the last four challenges for Fuerte, Abel, Viper and Gen.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Yes, North America succeeds where Japan fails!

You know what this means.

Street Fighter 4: Round 2!

It ain't a complete Street Fighter experience until it goes through another revision!!

I'm happy they sold 800K...but this as well as the February Japanese sales flies in the face of the correspondence Capcom made of shipping 2 million copies and it selling out everywhere.

And WTH...with the joystick situation. I want to buy parts for my PS3 fightstick...but apparently...the Al Qaedia (sp) have bought all of the Japanese stick parts to stick it to capitalism.

Cowie

great games MicVlaD!

man there were some rounds, i thought i knew what I was doing, and others where i was completely lost and you'd near perfect me. feel like I learned a lot about rufus v dhalsim though, thanks!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Zabka said:
De-friend, search for people of similar skill, boot anyone else who joins.

The system stinks. It's almost as if the Ranked playlist was built to be exploited.

A friend of mine and I had some ranked matches.

We were still friends (XBL). I just set the room to Japanese language, specific rules, and he searched for that. Eventually he found me.

Cowie

Spiderjericho said:
And WTH...with the joystick situation. I want to buy parts for my PS3 fightstick...but apparently...the Al Qaedia (sp) have bought all of the Japanese stick parts to stick it to capitalism.

Additionally, the Sanwa JLF-TP-8T is used to guide North Korean missiles.

Zabka

Relix said:
A friend of mine and I had some ranked matches.

We were still friends (XBL). I just set the room to Japanese language, specific rules, and he searched for that. Eventually he found me.
And you were able to gain BP? That's even worse.

Sanjay

dfyb said:
god those guile sweeps are insane. with that overhead punch, guile has mad mixups.

Blanka's ultra stops all sweeps :)

viewtiful_dru said:
You can punish blocked rolls with dash punch 100% of the time.

just bait a roll.

electricity, you need to stand the proper distance away and use a crouching normal (preferably HK) and he'll get hit out of it. You have to learn the spacing, you want to hit the bottom of Blanka's hitbox with the tip of your glove.

Don't approach him, let him come to you.

Interesting...

After 2 weeks at being stuck at 2000BP I gave up Sagat and just play as Blanka now, reached 2500 today :) he has so many cross up options and his ultra is deadly, gets most jump in's and people when they are really close too.

Zapages

Sanjay said:
Blanka's ultra stops all sweeps :)

Interesting...

After 2 weeks at being stuck at 2000BP I gave up Sagat and just play as Blanka now, reached 2500 today :) he has so many cross up options and his ultra is deadly, gets most jump in's and people when they are really close too.

I was playing a fairly good blanka today in ranked games (2000+ BP)... I know if you jump up as Blanka does his ultra you are dead. But if you jump over him(forward jump) as he doing ultra. Then you can completely miss ultra with my Ryu...

SpectreRT

MicVlaD is pro, always a blast playing against him.

Hope to play you again soon. I have learned so much about the 'Sim matchup because of you. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Well, I'll admit it...I just quit my first match...before it even started! I join a game and the guy is just moving the cursor over every character the entire 30 seconds on the select screen. Since I wasn't hosting, I couldn't do the same thing back to him on stage select, so I just quit right when the timer hit zero. Damn griefers! :lol

I think I've plateau'd with Sagat. Can anyone give me some combos that are easy to pull off? I know a few short ones, but I just don't know where to go from here. I recently broke 3000 BP, but now I've dropped back to 2700...

EDIT: I'm intrigued by Rufus. Can anyone give me some beginner tips for him?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
does block have startup frames or any startup time from pressing the button to when your guy actually is in block?

dfyb

Banned
i have a question about FA. does it serve as a parry at the very moment you press the two buttons or is there a startup before it can absorb an attack?
Lyte Edge said:
Well, I'll admit it...I just quit my first match...before it even started! I join a game and the guy is just moving the cursor over every character the entire 30 seconds on the select screen. Since I wasn't hosting, I couldn't do the same thing back to him on stage select, so I just quit right when the timer hit zero. Damn griefers! :lol
the correct response would have been to have played and beat him and then tell him not to waste your time in the menus.

Cowie

Jimmy Stav said:
I think I've plateau'd with Sagat. Can anyone give me some combos that are easy to pull off? I know a few short ones, but I just don't know where to go from here. I recently broke 3000 BP, but now I've dropped back to 2700...

EDIT: I'm intrigued by Rufus. Can anyone give me some beginner tips for him?

i luuuurrrvveee rufus. some tips i guess..
-Rufus has a ton of ways to land his ultra

-galactic tornado (qcf+p) can travel through single-hit projectiles unharmed, and you can move it forward by holding forward on the joystick. It's not an all purpose fireball eater but it's a good way to gain ground. a fierce one(and maybe others) in the corner will knock your opponent up and combo into Ultra

-if you can anticipate a jump-in, you can meet them midair with a jumping roundhouse, and follow it up with either an EX Snake Strike (f,d,df+pp) or the ultra (qcfx2ppp) for crazy damage. Snake Strike will only do the crazy damage at certain heights, so mess around with a bit, and don't waste that ever important ex bar if you're not gonna get most of the hits.

-ex messiah kick(qcf+kk) is crazy good. I'm always finding new moves it beats, mostly thanks to the startup invincibility frames. after messiah you have three followup options.. lowkick does a kick that will combo with the rest of the hits, breaks armor, and can be FADC'd out of into Ultra. medium kick is a low attack, and high kick is an overhead attack, so you can mix these up even if you're blocked to keep them guessing.

-crouch fierce has crazy range, but isn't super safe.

-learn your divekicks. df+mk in the air.. your trajectory is controlled by the way you jumped (upback is straight down, up is forward a bit, upforward goes forward the most). can follow these up with a throw, or at the right height it will combo. You can, with some luck, cross up a downed foe with the divekick, and take it into target combo (lp,lk), which can combo into ultra.

-df+mk on the ground rolls forward and kicks.. it's not safe on block, and you don't have a whole lot of options when it hits, but it's a decent way to gain ground, if a bit risky.

BitchTits

Haha! I think scrubby Sagats are the new flowchart Kens. Tiger knee, tiger uppercut on a constant loop, you'd think they'd learn after the first few times you block and punish, but they just keep on going, autopilot.

I had someone message me after a couple of wins tonight saying they booted me because I "hit after the round had finished" ?.... I guessed they meant that half a second or so window where the winner can still use regular moves, which I always get a hit in with just for show. I msg'd them back explaining it wasn't cheating and didn't impact on the next round - bless! :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
BitchTits said:
Haha! I think scrubby Sagats are the new flowchart Kens. Tiger knee, tiger uppercut on a constant loop, you'd think they'd learn after the first few times you block and punish, but they just keep on going, autopilot.

I had someone message me after a couple of wins tonight saying they booted me because I "hit after the round had finished" ?.... I guessed they meant that half a second or so window where the winner can still use regular moves, which I always get a hit in with just for show. I msg'd them back explaining it wasn't cheating and didn't impact on the next round - bless! :lol
"Oops. Finger slipped."

I'm gonna wait for my stick before i try any more challenges

Simply can't pull things off fast enough on the 360 controller, maybe the TE will be easier on my wrist

MoxManiac

It just sunk in that i've spent $16 total on extra costumes :(

Oh well, I guess it'll be my donation to the "Make SF4 a success so Capcom makes more fighters" cause.

BitchTits

BigJonsson said:
I'm gonna wait for my stick before i try any more challenges

Simply can't pull things off fast enough on the 360 controller, maybe the TE will be easier on my wrist
Same here. I've done all the normal challenges, and a few of the lvl 1 challenges on hard, but most of them just aren't possible for me to do with a regular 360 pad, God knows I've tried!

Jirotrom

Dizzy-4U said:
800k+ sold!!

I can't believe it yet, I'm so happy right now. It's beautiful to see the game doing this good. Hopefully this is an eye-opener for Capcom to revive other fighting franchises (Rival School PLZ PLZ PLZ!!) (they should probably fix the lobby issues first though :lol )
you are my new best friend:D

Jimmy Stav said:

for Sagat: c.lkx3 to tiger uppercut/tiger genocide

c.mk xx tiger uppercut, ex fadc, f+hk, ultra

btw, anyone want to play for like half an hour on XBL.
GT's drubski

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Thanks for the challenge mode tips, guys. Dhalsim had another tough one I couldn't get in level 4 but I beat all of the normal Goukens.

How the game expected me to know that back changed all of Dhalsim's moves is beyond me.

Chorazin

I fucking hate when I go right for my Balrog, they think about it, and then pick Blanka. It's like they're thinking "You know what I want to do? Have the most boring match ever!"

dfyb

Banned
Chorazin said:
I fucking hate when I go right for my Balrog, they think about it, and then pick Blanka. It's like they're thinking "You know what I want to do? Have the most boring match ever!"
sometimes i wait to pick my character. seems like people counter-pick my fuerte with blanka a lot (hard match for me, too). it's just funny when people try to counter-pick with gief and get slaughtered.

Chorazin

dfyb said:
sometimes i wait to pick my character. seems like people counter-pick my fuerte with blanka a lot (hard match for me, too). it's just funny when people try to counter-pick with gief and get slaughtered.

It's not the counter picking that bothers me, it's the fact that they have to know that the match is going to be boring as hell that gets me.

BitchTits said:
...I had someone message me after a couple of wins tonight saying they booted me because I "hit after the round had finished" ?.... I guessed they meant that half a second or so window where the winner can still use regular moves, which I always get a hit in with just for show. I msg'd them back explaining it wasn't cheating and didn't impact on the next round - bless! :lol
Yeah. Post-round juggles insult some people. They take it as a "kicking 'em while they're down" sort of thing. I hardly, ever, do it, unless I'm annoyed. Then, I kick 'em to the curb, after the K.O.. You gotta use a degrading move, when using it to that effect, though - no little jabs or such. With Sagat, I like to use either standing far MK or forward+HK, to get the message across. I imagine the person on the other end saying, "Motherfucker!" :lol Sagat's standing far MK has a, "Get off me, roach!" attitude to it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
dfyb said:

I used to have issues with Blanka, but some tips from the thread helped greatly. The only "issue" is trying a press trap and getting fried. Just been to pull back and hit the Tortilla instead. Beats the shock.

Are they going to release an all inclusive costume pack? I saw in the original release of information there was one coming out several weeks after the costume pack.

Arde5643

Kintaro said:
I used to have issues with Blanka, but some tips from the thread helped greatly. The only "issue" is trying a press trap and getting fried. Just been to pull back and hit the Tortilla instead. Beats the shock.
Blanka will still be a problem for any Fuerte player - the thing is, that Blanka also has to be good since all of Blanka's specials can be punished by Fuerte.

Electric can be beaten by: slide (from run or regular slide), tostada press but not on top of Blanka (steer it to Blanka's side), tortilla propeller (beats it clean).

If you block the Blanka ball standing up, you can get a free run slide or an ultra.

Vertical blanka balls can be punished with guacamole throw. If whiffed, you've got tons of punishment options as Blanka descends slowly.

Blocked Rainbow balls can probably be punished with run slide - or you can just run away from it. :)

Spiderjericho said:
Are they going to release an all inclusive costume pack? I saw in the original release of information there was one coming out several weeks after the costume pack.
Nothing has been confirmed or denied about that, outside of Japan. I remember reading something where Seth basically said we'll just have to wait and see what's announced, regarding that. That was one of the most common questions on his blog, following the DLC announcement. I think majority opinion is that it's likely, but Capcom doesn't want to cannibalize early DLC(more expensive) sales of individual packs, nor make the CE buyers feel like they got ripped-off with the grappler pack. There was no CE in Japan, so people didn't get stuck with a useless costume pack, if they wanted to wait for the all-in-one pack.

Top Bottom