• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

n3ss

aka acr0nym
MoxManiac said:
Boss Seth maybe. But impressions people gave from the latest(?) build said otherwise. That's why i'm asking people here for details that have actually played as him in the console builds, to clairify.

Not many people have played the final build, but an older one I go to play Seth took tons of damage. Plus he has really good moves and its easy to do tons of damage even if you only have decent knowledge how to use him. But I do know they tone down his damage for his Ultra, but is his still broken? Not sure, but I will say Gouken is close, at least the person that I played against was doing some pretty damaging stuff, has some really good links for his Ultra.

Barrett2

Damn Best Buy, I went to both locations in my town today, one store had nothing, the other store had one 360 controller, but no PS3 controller available. -_-

Stalfos

lawblob said:
Damn Best Buy, I went to both locations in my town today, one store had nothing, the other store had one 360 controller, but no PS3 controller available. -_-
I don't think anyone has gotten PS3 pads yet, its all 360 ones at the moment. Also I think it might have been mentioned that Best Buy is only going to carry the 360 ones.

Barrett2

Stalfos said:
I don't think anyone has gotten PS3 pads yet, its all 360 ones at the moment. Also I think it might have been mentioned that Best Buy is only going to carry the 360 ones.

Hmm, I hadn't read that. Oh well, guess i'll just order one online today. Good lord, the amount of video game shit I am buying this month is sickening...

viewtiful_dru said:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6070380

check that out, it's a nice montage of the SFIV ink trailers set to better music than the actual SFIV opening (the vocal part of it at least).
I personally like it, but I wouldn't exactly call the Namco x Capcom theme better music.

Anyway, I went out to Toys R Us to get a 12-month gold card (which they were out of already D:). Then I went to one of the two Gamestops in the same area to sign up for the tournament. So far, I'm the only one that's signed up. :lol After that, I went to a Best Buy in the same plaza and found the 360 fightpads. None of them were touched. All 4 current character pads were there. I had enough money, but I decided to save it for other stuff I have to do this month. :(

C.Redfield said:
chun-li style

76136750ol6.jpg

wow, quite possibly the sickest thing i've seen!!! i must get this on my fight stick!!!!!!!

Arde5643

For anyone still doubting or being confused whether or not they should main or fear Fuerte, please click the link to view Tetsuu (aka. GOD of Fuerte):

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm5184743

There are two matches with Tetsu here, first with Sagat, second with Boxer - I believe these are the last 2 matches he had for winning the tourney with Fuerte.

PS: Be sure to turn the sound up for the last match with Boxer - at least until you can hear the BGM. It's really, really, really effin' hype. :D

CAVE343

All those templates and art for the sticks are really good stuff.
I'm thinking of adding new art to my stick when I get it, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll leave the original one on for the time being

edit:
Arde5643 said:
PS: Be sure to turn the sound up for the last match with Boxer - at least until you can hear the BGM. It's really, really, really effin' hype. :D
The BGM is glorious!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Arde5643 said:
For anyone still doubting or being confused whether or not they should main or fear Fuerte, please click the link to view Tetsuu (aka. GOD of Fuerte):

There are two matches with Tetsu here, first with Sagat, second with Boxer - I believe these are the last 2 matches he had for winning the tourney with Fuerte.

Goooood shit. El Fuerte is definately gonna be my first char to learn...he just looks so damn fun to play. And I literally lol'd @ the commentator doing the "hey! hey! hey!" from Yun's 3s juggles. :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Arde5643 said:

WOW. That's impressive shit. It's like I could see his thought process in the match. The timing of his ultra was great as well. His El Fuerte vids are always impressive. I've seen him just rushdown people into dust and then stick and move like this one.

LOL @ The Hokuto no Ken BGM.

Blueblur1

Arde5643 said:

While I have no idea what that very last piece of music was, the video was awesome! I love the reactions. :lol

My last comment on the DLC, if they are going to release a costume bundle pack, and the voucher is worth $3.99, the eventual bundle pack will almost certainly be more then $3.99 cheaper then buying each pack separately...

The training mode is really good, I couldn't finish Guile's though, some really tough stuff in there. Weird that it's taken this long for it to come back since being in EX + Alpha.

Zapages

hey guys

Can I still pre-order the SF IV Collector's edition (PS3) from stores??? Is it worth the 80 bucks you guys? Also whats the free DLC with the collector's edition? Do they get the extra costumes for free or something???

SSnake

People who ordered the PS3 Japanese version from Play-Asia, check your accounts. My order changed to 'Preparing order'

judging from that gouken training video the character does look pretty broken, but that can also be due to the fact that the other character wasn't doing anything, his juggles and ultra look almost too cheap.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
EraldoCoil said:
judging from that gouken training video the character does look pretty broken, but that can also be due to the fact that the other character wasn't doing anything, his juggles and ultra look almost too cheap.

Eh, there was a video that made Guile seem broken awhile back. <shrugs>

Sagat can do the some crazy shit and he's fine to play. But I'm not a pro so, meh.

Jacked from SRK (Shotokan):

Tier list from the most recent volume of Tougeki Damashi, vol 12(posted on Dust Loop, sorry if it's been posted already):

SF IV

S +

Sagat, Viper(?!?!), Gouki, Zangief

S

Ryu, Bison(Boxer), Rufus, Blanka

A
Chun li, Vega(Dictator), Ken, Dhalshim, Abel, Honda, El Fuerte

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

rocK`

Banned
Spiderjericho said:

Tier list from the most recent volume of Tougeki Damashi, vol 12(posted on Dust Loop, sorry if it's been posted already):

SF IV

S +

S

A

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

lol, what

Darkman M

Spiderjericho said:

SF IV

S +

S

A

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

Ohh shit time yo ban Gouki!!

edit: alot of people said viper would jump up but dammnn

MoxManiac

Spiderjericho said:

SF IV

S +

S

A

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

What the hell? Viper up there with Sagat? I know the japanese are really good with her, but wow.

Xevren

Spiderjericho said:

SF IV

S +

S

A

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

What the...What happened to make Viper jump up so quick?

Askia47

Spiderjericho said:

SF IV

S +

S

A

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

Hmm, maybe the Japanese have been able to utilize Viper really well somehow, in ways we cannot understand yet. :lol

Arde5643

sprocket said:
wow fei longs animation look bad ass!

glad he s in the game he is my main guy. tiers be damned!
His chicken wing has been nerfed and his command throw is pretty useless unless it's for cheese like in that video. :lol

His FA seems really good though - fast and very good range - possibly even better range than Claw's. On second look, on block it seems also pretty safe.

I think FA will play a big role in Fei Long's strings.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Copy/pasted my explanation for Viper's jump from SRK to here. For Viper, they (Tougeki Damashii) explained that she has been advancing quickly in power as time passes as more people find tricks with her. Her strengths is her ability to string together long combos (they didn't mention this, but I'm guessing due to Seis and Knuckle cancels) as well as her strong nitaku options. They say that she has weak matchups against gief and honda but against the rest of the cast she's very powerful.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heres a tutorial for how to work with Jubes template. Its pretty easy considering you have Photoshop (sorry Gimp users) Im working with CS4, but as long as your version of Photoshop supports layer groups and has the Free Transform tool (ctrl+t) you should be fine. MAKE SURE youre holding down Shift while you scale stuff down and ALWAYS scale by picking one of the corners (not the sides), that ensures that everything will scale at the same .. well, scale.

Lets say I want to use this image, I have the 300 dpi copy so I know it will scale and print fine

frog.jpg

And heres how the template looks like when I open up Photoshop, all the art goes where Jube instructed, underneath the "art goes below" layer.

(Ack, forgot to resize the images, sorry!)

Template_tut1.jpg

Template_tut2.jpg

Template_tut3.jpg

Template_tut4.jpg

Template_tut5.jpg

Hope this helps

She is a very technical character...so not anyone is going to be able to pick her up and start owning. But once you learn her nuances, it seems like you can lock that ish down, have mixups and decent combos.

Gouki is not a surprise from the way Mamochi (sp) plays him...that double hit roundhouse kick followed by more links is insane. He still takes massive damage...so beware.

And I've been sick...so I'm going to need to read up on how to swap out the artwork. Not sure for what though...

Raging Spaniard said:
Heres a tutorial for how to work with Jubes template. Its pretty easy considering you have Photoshop (sorry Gimp users) Im working with CS4, but as long as your version of Photoshop supports layer groups and has the Free Transform tool (ctrl+t) you should be fine. MAKE SURE youre holding down Shift while you scale stuff down and ALWAYS scale by picking one of the corners (not the sides), that ensures that everything will scale at the same .. well, scale.

Lets say I want to use this image, I have the 300 dpi copy so I know it will scale and print fine

Hope this helps

Thanks for quick tutorial. I still have one question. How do I get printout of actual cover art that fits on the stick? I mean, should I just print out particular layer after rotation/scaling is done or should I export that layer to another image and print out that image?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I need to find a place to print a very good quality picture, once I decide who's my main in SF4 :D

yurinka

Arde5643 said:

O_O A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn it, I KNEW I shouldn't have come in this thread before going to bed... :(

tapedeck said:

I ended up watching one video after all, but I'm forcing myself to go to bed now though... lucky bastard got the hookups...

And about the tier list, I'm laughing before that's the cool thing about SFIV that I love so far - I remember in the first week it was all about Rufus above all, and then after that it was all Zangief, then it switched up again, then it was Sagat followed by Ryu, and all this time C. Viper & El Fuerte were at the bottom (didn't stop me from wanting to use El Fuerte as one of my mains) and now look at this - C. Viper is all of a sudden in the same league as Sagat, and El Fuerte isn't at the bottom of the barrel anymore...

When the game is finally out officially, wait for it to shuffle all over again...

Now it's time for bed...

Top Bottom