• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
BitchTits said:
Why because they think you're being cocky by using Dan?

When I see someone pick Gouken I worry because the only time I seem to run into him is when a real good player picks him, I think his lack of a dragon punch keeps all the casual shoto players away from him.

Oh, I don't know why or their motives for their messages (probably insanity) but I can assume that they think he's the worst character in the game.

I also tend to play as a random character now when someone picks Ken and give it a go to beat their Ken with a character I wasn't prepared to use. I've received some nasty messages or instant rage quits when I've done this.

Rektash

Just started to only fight same skill oder higher skill and fuck: There is so much more fun to be had than regular quick search. Many more, better players msging me with gg's and so on, it's a completly different world. My statistic will probably suffer under it but the heck, I don t care :lol .

Ohhh shiii-- Guile to be redeemed? FOR FREE? Count me in.

Man, my Cammy took an ass beating yesterday. Leveling up is not fun at all :lol Give her an overhead in the update (Cannon Strike!) and decrease the startup of her spin knuckle too dammit.

Creating an all blonde team. Abel will take a long ass time to learn, I suck with grapplers.

Dizzy-4U

jon bones said:
make Revenge meter build up slower.
I would swap the damage done by the ultra with the super. A super bar is much harder to build and rewards the player for being offensive. I think it would make much more sense if the super is stronger than the ultra.

Dizzy-4U said:
I would swap the damage done by the ultra with the super. A super bar is much harder to build and rewards the player for being offensive. I think it would make much more sense if the super is stronger than the ultra.
That is an interesting idea. Some supers are powerful though and Dhalsim's outclasses his Ultra already.

Overall I think the current setup is fine because Super carries over between rounds and Ultra doesn't.

last night I had re-occurring opponent returning in ranked, and this Blanka player who was in the low 4000Bp got knocked down the 3900sBP by playing me 3 times. He actually was my main source of BP last night.

I felt sorry for him in a way, he then appeared for a 4th time on the lobby but then turned into a red face and decide not to fight again

I respect him in a way because he never rage quit. he took the losses

Threi said:
take out Psycho crusher, put in Psycho ball please and thank you
no! Pyscho Crusher has its uses!
I know it is not Champion Ship Edition or CVS2 Pyscho Crucher but still it is useful at certain ranges when your HK Scissor is out of range.
Chip damage for ending a round is a ++, try it out, the chip damage is big when you think they will away from EX Headstomp.
The EX version is great against stupid Zangief

BitchTits

Dizzy-4U said:
Had this thought myself. Since the Ultra bar tends to build up a lot quicker, with some characters I never get to use the super because of EX moves.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
gutter_trash said:
I know it is not Champion Ship Edition or CVS2 Pyscho Crucher but still it is useful at certain ranges when your HK Scissor is out of range.
Chip damage for ending a round is a ++, try it out, the chip damage is big when you think they will away from EX Headstomp.

EX Psycho Crusher is great for getting out of wake up situations, yeah.

Dave Long

Banned
gutter_trash said:
Agreed on the chip damage. Same goes for his Ultra, which can chip people to death quickly and they always try to block it... always.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Threi said:
whats wrong with teleport?

(I never use it myself due to habits but why doesn't anyone else?)

Teleport, ex headstomp and psycho crusher are all good ways to get out of wake up situations.

Mandatory Blind matches on Ranked would really solve everything.

You wanna play as Ken all day? Do it against people on your friends list.

How many times must I hear from my friends and online folk how nice they are with Ken. 4 out of 5 gamers think they have the best Ken on the block.

Capcom needs to just cock block this shit.

Don't even get me started on the piss poor adaptation of Guile.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
jordan0386 said:
Mandatory Blind matches on Ranked would really solve everything.

You wanna play as Ken all day? Do it against people on your friends list.

How many times must I hear from my friends and online folk how nice they are with Ken. 4 out of 5 gamers think they have the best Ken on the block.

Capcom needs to just cock block this shit.

Don't even get me started on the piss poor adaptation of Guile.

Yeah, it's not like this wouldn't fuck people that actually main other characters, straight up their asses.

Stop whining. If they're playing Ken all day you must be stacking up those points since you got so much experience on fighting Ken, right? There's way less Kens over at the higher rankings, and more of the wild cards, like Dhalsim or Fei Long.

bistromathics said:
all this nonsense is making me feel bad for wanting to start playing ken

He's not that bad. Most people just complain about him because most people online that use him really suck. So when you do a quick match, you'll play a lot of ken's using the same style over and over. It gets pretty boring lol, hence the hate.

But really, he's fun to use. Don't let the flowchart scrubs influence your decision.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I'd settle for a Sagat and Zangief tweak, possibly a Blanka one too. I'm not actually too sure about Blanka, sometimes I look at the EX ball and think "OMFG DIE" and other times I think "Yeah, that's pretty cool".

Bleurgh.

bistromathics said:
all this nonsense is making me feel bad for wanting to start playing ken
Ken is fun, screw the haters, he is not even overpowered like the others on top.
If you want to play Ken, then do it.. I use him for fun when I get tired of charging too much

Yesterday I was at the Sony GDC area watching some people play SF IV. I am terrible at the game, but so are all of my friends, so it works.

There was a guy there who was pretty solid compared to everyone else and he had a string of 10 wins or so. I saw he was doing cross-ups and such so I knew I didn't have a chance. i normally play as Ryu but I thought I would have a little fun and watch for a reaction from him when I picked Ken.

I was disappointed when he didn't chuckle or laugh at me. Then I got toyed with and rocked.

MoxManiac

Are they sure they want to dick around with the character balance? It's going to create an even bigger divide between console and arcade then the console characters did, too..

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
haunts said:
As much as people bitch the game is really balanced right now and just dont want to see CAPCOM fuck it up with too many tweaks.

i share that worry even as a guile player who's done lots of complaining about sf4 guile. giving the weaker characters some new perks would be great, but i'd hate to see them take options away from the stronger characters. like...if ryu didn't have 15 ways to land his ultra he wouldn't be any fun

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Osaka said:
Kinda funny, I've had one guy quit on me, ever. And all the messages I've gotten are like "GG", or "Keep using Balrog, don't see many people using him" and such :lol

I still hate the messages though, especially when I lost and they send me some pity-messages. So demeaning. Winner should just shut up and let the loser be :lol

360 or PS3?

I use Balrog all the time (PS3) and I've run into a Balrog player like every other match.

Beardz

jobber said:
360 or PS3?

I use Balrog all the time (PS3) and I've run into a Balrog player like every other match.

Boxer is my main too, the funny thing is... I'm scared of him! When someone picks him, I always think "I'm fucked up".

Boxer is all about power and speed, that's why I like him so much.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I got the PS3 version now... username is Reno -- just played Tre and he beat me 1 - 10 :(

Or was it 10 - 1 for me..... lawl. :lol

Fuck Honda 4 life. I haven't actually played against a honda in SF4, though.

P.S. 9-2, you know that rose vs. viper ending was BS. KNOW IT. I'm taking that back!

Askia47

Oichi said:
I got the PS3 version now... username is Reno -- just played Tre and he beat me 1 - 10 :(

It is okay, Ill add you. My username on psn is Askia47. It would be fun to play against you! :D

Even though I suck :lol

Oichi said:

Reno?
I think you are arleady on my PSN list since launch hahaaha
do you have JeRkY on your list? that would be me

"I just added you Teknopathic man...

My PSN is Zapages

PS: Anyone wants to go right please send me an invite you guys... :)"

I don't see an invite. My PSN is MoodyShuffle.

Brannon

So yeah I totally rocked MicVlad last night. My skills showed him the true meaning of Street Fighting and he wished secret vengeance upon me as the games ended.

Then I woke up and realized that the exact opposite had happened and that his Dhalsim is a goddamned bastard of Satan's Army. 0-12. Man, I've been stuck in the 1700's for too long. It's time to skill up! (good games Vlad, that really made me learn the person behind the character.)

Still on for that secret vengeance later on in the future?

Duke Togo

23m0ffs.jpg

This sort of thing is getting tiresome. So many people don't set their icons or anything, how the hell am I supposed to know who's new and who's just being a rebel and not setting their stuff? I replied "you should take a break, you seem upset".

Threi

notag
^^^ use the universal reply, a.k.a. "u mad"

no icon/Assistant Manager. I don't give a crap how good/crappy I am in the game, im sticking with it till i die :lol

Ploid 3.0

Duke Togo said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/23m0ffs.jpg

This sort of thing is getting tiresome. So many people don't set their icons or anything, how the hell am I supposed to know who's new and who's just being a rebel and not setting their stuff? I replied "you should take a break, you seem upset".[/QUOTE]

I totally judge people by the icons they set now. If they have no icons I just exit the room. If they have a lot of bling, I pucker up. If they have the chicken easy titles I think about it based on connection. Some new people can take a lot of points if they're good and just getting the game though, like you said. Those can be nice surprises.

the n00bs complaining about n00b hunting got to understand that there is no point in hunting for them anyway since they dont give any BPs at all and there is no sparring/training value fighting them since their patterns are shot

there are many Hustlers out there who fake their titles with ''IN TRAINING'' or dont set them at all

I had a hustler who even tossed Round 1 to lead me to believe that he was poor then played for real in Round 2 and 3 (I eventually beat him)... like why

Beardz

I have my chicken King, and my title says "Chicken"... sometimes I get kicked out from rooms... =(

I wish I could dress my chicken, ala LBP

I stopped using character specific titles and icons because some people refused to fight me while others would counter pick that character.

now, I set it to the last SF4 icon and set my title as ''Battle Hardened''.
not arrogant nor humble

Top Bottom