• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

"Dhalsim trial: MK > light Yoga Flame. WHY CAN'T I DO THIS? This is not difficult. WTF am I doing wrong?"

You need to do back+mk, not just regular standing mk.

MIMIC

Banned
I finally got it. I was holding back+mk the whole time, to, but it just wasn't working for me. I feel pathetic. Oh well...glad it's done.

Grifter

MicVlaD said:
I think that's my current record as well. Couldn't even keep up anymore after 10 matches... :lol

Keep up? I thought you meant you were tiring of playing your own style and pushing the pace.

Anyone up for some games on 360?

Zapages

I went down 300 points for 1800 to 1400 arghh... Then I came beck with two straight wins against people with 3800+ and 4000+ which were a Blanka and Balrog.... Good matches... Why do suck against people who were in like the 400 to 1200 range with the scrotos and Giefs... Arghh... Yet I am good or ok against higher level people aka I keep it close if I lose or its a good win for either of us... AKA Back and forth...

My Abel is the Anti-Blanka now... Which is awesome as I am using my Ryu less and less lol... But it takes quiet a bit to swtich styles from one rank match to next if you are in grove of one of them or another... lol

MoxManiac

Adon would be AWESOME in the SF4 engine. I'd love to see how he'd animate.

But I still say, fuck blanka! (And that goes double for your blanka, slayn! :lol )

MIMIC

Banned
Doing Dhalsim's trials got me to thinking: Is the Ultra on one side and the Super on the other (by teleporting) blockable?

I go into Training, set the dummy to All Block. I do the Ultra, teleport to the other side and then do the super. The CPU blocks on both sides :lol Is this actually possible to pull off?

(and for the life of me, I still can't do the MK > yoga flame right)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
MIMIC said:
Doing Dhalsim's trials got me to thinking: Is the Ultra on one side and the Super on the other (by teleporting) blockable?

I go into Training, set the dummy to All Block. I do the Ultra, teleport to the other side and then do the super. The CPU blocks on both sides :lol Is this actually possible to pull off?

(and for the life of me, I still can't do the MK > yoga flame right)
from what I could tell have having this done to me, is that if I am put in block stun by the ultra, the game autoblocks both sides. Now, what I couldn't block (as far as I could tell) was when the player teleported to the other side and did either high or low attacks that were the opposite of how I originally blocked the ultra.

Mileena

Banned
Anyone down for some games on PSN?

Archie said:
Nerf Blanka and buff Honda. It only seems fair.
This times a billion. jab headbutt should go through fireballs again. It's ridiculous playing shotos as Honda.

ultim8p00

Banned
Ugh, I had the shittiest day today. For some reason I sucked completely. Lost like 300 BP and got whooped by people I've beaten many times before.

Anyways, anybody up for a game? GT: D3vinchi
I'm on the low-end intermediate side

Shinjitsu

Banned
ultim8p00 said:
Ugh, I had the shittiest day today. For some reason I sucked completely. Lost like 300 BP and got whooped by people I've beaten many times before.

THIS, I spent the day with Honda today when I wasn't playing midnight club LA:D I had no issues beating the usual flowchart kens, but I'll be damned if I had one hell of a time with decent players who knew how to zone with Shotos that I couldn't surprise with Honda ass slams.

Great games with Attack You, the guy is good, we had some really close matches, and some matches where i just totally went blank. Lets play again soon!!:D

on a side note, props to everyone who is bad ass with Honda, Dhalsim, Gen and Fuerte, i can't use those guys to save my life.

EraldoCoil said:
Great games with Attack You, the guy is good, we had some really close matches, and some matches where i just totally went blank. Lets play again soon!!:D

on a side note, props to everyone who is bad ass with Honda, Dhalsim, Gen and Fuerte, i can't use those guys to save my life.

ggs, man. :) You like how I try to use a Focus Attack when I have no life left? :lol And yet, I still leave the HUD invisible.

Attack You said:
ggs, man. :) You like how I try to use a Focus Attack when I have no life left? :lol And yet, I still leave the HUD invisible.

lol, those focus attacks i was getting caught with were crazy, specially in that chun/cammy match. i feel i'm at a plateau though, most of my matches i play the same and i get really predictable, we're around the same BP so it would be cool to play more matches and help each other out with things. :D

EraldoCoil said:
lol, those focus attacks i was getting caught with were crazy, specially in that chun/cammy match. i feel i'm at a plateau though, most of my matches i play the same and i get really predictable, we're around the same BP so it would be cool to play more matches and help each other out with things. :D

Oh, you have to ignore my BP on PSN. I play mostly on XBL.

Also, it took 1300+ matches, but you were the lucky soul to give me my first A-A-A match. I think Chun FA'ing Dictator out of his Ultra helped.

Attack You said:
Oh, you have to ignore my BP on PSN. I play mostly on XBL.

Also, it took 1300+ matches, but you were the lucky soul to give me my first A-A-A match. I think Chun FA'ing Dictator out of his Ultra helped.

i'm around 2,300 on PSN, how much you got on XBL?

ultim8p00

Banned
Vega is the bane of me. Holly shit I cannot figure out what to do against Vega and his crossups and flips and all that. Damn

GGs though AZ. Fun match despite me getting owned. You and your goddamn Vega.

AZ Greg

ultim8p00 said:
Vega is the bane of me. Holly shit I cannot figure out what to do against Vega and his crossups and flips and all that. Damn

GGs though AZ. Fun match despite me getting owned. You and your goddamn Vega.

GGs.

Anyone else on XBL want some matches?

JEKKI

lol I got a rage quit the other day, rite when my ultra when off and was about to kill the dood.

mlknsh.jpg

I actually take pics of all my ragequits, but I'm only showing this one coz it gets better. As if the perfect timing wasnt enough, dood decides to send me a message afterwards.

2r7qa7b.jpg

word.

Any Ken players here? Do you find the timing for his BnB links different online? I can't seem to do them online. I just picked up Ken into my rotation. I love f.mk. Hehe

ultim8p00

Banned
GalacticAE said:
Any Ken players here? Do you find the timing for his BnB links different online? I can't seem to do them online. I just picked up Ken into my rotation. I love f.mk. Hehe

I'm kind of a Ken rookie and I don't know if it's lag or what, but I find a lot of links that I do easily in arcade on practice mode to have a bit stricter timing online.

Also has anyone come across this guy who sets the time limit to like 20 seconds and one round? I basically did a hadoken and jump in dp and was about to start zoning. "Time Over" wtf?

ultim8p00 said:
I'm kind of a Ken rookie and I don't know if it's lag or what, but I find a lot of links that I do easily in arcade on practice mode to have a bit stricter timing online.
Yea, I've noticed this too. Ken's links have different timing online. More so than any other character I play.

AZ Greg

GGs to everyone I played tonight.

Dammit Arde, those new tricks you've added since our last fight made your Fuerte extra irritating. Good shit though, I was completely mind fucked most of those matches. Your short slide and little overhead twirl kick have some insane recovery. I tried all sorts of things to punish them on block, but after getting thrown countless times I finally just settled on going for the tech. I need to play that match way more patiently. When I sit back and poke the match flows much better for me. I'm just all messed up from rushing down shotos all day. Then again, when I was playing smartly, I found a way, without fail, to get hit by your ultra at the worst times. It was almost like your Ultra was mashing me back down into the ground before connecting. :(

I'm gonna have to go hit up the Vega match-up advice thread at SRK. There's probably something simple I'm missing in the match-up. IIRC, Fuerte is actually one of Vega's better match-ups. Then again, that probably just means 5-5. :(

Top Bottom